Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 17, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *mom, arrested* #19

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks. I must have missed it. Did it say why they got fingerprints from her in Idaho originally? Meaning was she fingerprinted for a crime or did the take them from somewhere else?

She's been charged with crimes before and Alex has too (Alex's seem to be serious). I can't say much more because it hasn't been reported by MSM. I can say that Alex at least has been charged multiple times with assault though, because that has been reported by MSM. Can't tell you what Lori did though.

Wish I could, don't wanna get banned.

I was wondering a few days ago at LV’s hearing when the prosecutor said they needed to wait for her fingerprints from Idaho, first why was she finger printed in Idaho and second is this normal procedure? And third, do they have reason to believe she may not be the real LV or is this normal procedure? I asked the second question a few days ago and nobody seemed to know. Sounds far fetched but so is this whole case.
INAL but I got the impression from what the DA and attorney said that a main defense (maybe the main defense) against extradition is “you got the wrong guy”. Since she’s clearly fighting extradition DA feels they need to have that base covered.

INAL but I got the impression from what the DA and attorney said that a main defense (maybe the main defense) against extradition is “you got the wrong guy”. Since she’s clearly fighting extradition DA feels they need to have that base covered.

That's pretty sloppy work. Is it bad to say I really feel for Lori's attorney(s) right now? She is a nightmare client. She doesn't have the money to pay for some old name to wow the jury and and the judge, but she has just enough to get decent legal representation while being a lying, mentally unstable, entitled, pain in the *advertiser censored* who is a roll of the dice on whether the publicity will be worth it after she goes bankrupt. If she's not charged for murder she'll be charged for being a bad mother and the best her lawyer could say is, " Well I got some money out of her and my name out there kinda and she only got like thirty years in a plea so that's pretty good!"

I looked up translated being to see if that was something Lori made up. It is actually a term used in the LDS faith but the last person believed to be a translated being was John the Baptist, according to the wiki. Interestingly, another woman, Annalee Skarin, declared herself a translated being and a prophet with the intent to help her sell her books. She too had been excommunicated from the church for a book she had written. I wonder if Lori was aware of this person's history? Skarin did in fact die like a normal human being.
Annalee Skarin - Wikipedia

Just a thought on lava pool use in Yellowstone area: the previous shootings were done very brazenly. (In fact, everything has been done pretty out in the open which is why this is so shocking.) I think they would have stuck to their pattern of shooting or poisoning. I don't think the lava pools fit the pattern. But maybe they deviated with the children because they thought they could explain their absence more easily than the adults. Tylee at away at college...JJ with a friend....
No evidence in the hot springs. A person will dissolve...as soon as I heard her last sighting wS at Yellowstone I thought of this specifically. I mean if she wanted to leave no trace it’s a way to do it

Oh no, I hear you and don't disagree. I wanted to believe that they're still alive and have stretched the limits of credulity in figuring out scenarios that they could be alive. For example, looking at their associations in the AVOW group seemed to me to be the most realistic option for hiding the kids alive. But then information surfaces that Lori and Chad both tried to reach out to one of their closest associates in said group for the purposes of... lying to LE that the kids were with her. Now why would Chad and Lori both want MG to commit a crime on their behalf if not for the express purpose of covering up a crime that they themselves participated in? All evidence seems to point to something sinister happening to those kids. And that at least Lori, and probably Chad, have direct knowledge of what exactly that is. Still, I hold out hope that they're alive. It's perhaps a fool's hope, but still worth holding out for. IMHO.

OK sure.

I am a bit old school on the approach to evidence and the difference between court ready versions and wild speculation.

No doubt there may be attempts by defence counsel to speculate into existence wild theories about the kids being safely hidden, but as we know, there is currently no circumstantial evidence to support the idea, and the accused herself has never claimed it. Indeed the accused said her daughter died!

So I see significant problems with LV now trying to run a positive version of the end of times stashing story

1. As far as we know, she never made any contemporaneous claims in that direction. Of course failure to give a version to police cannot be used against her, but it does create an evidential problem for LV - i.e an absence of evidence to counter the other admissible lies she told.

2. Standing up a version FOR REALS requires some evidence. Presuming LV cannot testify herself (trainwreck time), how can the version be evidenced? It's too late for LV herself to say it, unless she either does a police interview, or exposes herself to X. This isn't like saying the kids were abducted by the BIG BAD. Counsel can't stand up and say - don't worry members of the jury, the kids are safely somewhere!

Is there a miracle corroborating witness somewhere? Did they go to the church meet and tell some people the kids are stashed to manufacture some witnesses? We just don't know.

At best LV is going to have some vague BS about some culters stashed their kids in some other cases, therefore LV also did that. But you know, that is the weakest of week old sauce.

Nice! Sarcasm included and sorry, I shouldn’t be sarcastic but, damn...more damn lies! It’s a relatively short paragraph but so much information, where do I start? Let’s start with the first and only full sentence, as it encompasses a paragraph, really all of the content.

ETA: Neighbors said Vallow didn’t inform them about JJ Vallow being autistic and she told at least two neighbors he was her “niece’s drug baby,” after they confronted her about his behavior and lack of adult supervision when he played outside with other children.”

This stuff is going to bang at trial.

Yes you have it spot on ! Astute game playing at times and it can be very frustrating....

Our caution on arrest reads as :
You do not have to say anything. But, it may harm your defence if you do not mention when questioned something which you later rely on in court. Anything you do say may be given in evidence.”

However, our caution upon charge ( arraign) reads slightly differently:

You do not have to say anything. But, it may harm your defence if you do not mention NOW something which you later rely on in court. Anything you do say may be given in evidence.”

So basically, it’s a warning that the jury can draw an inference by virtue of the suspect not giving his or her account at the time of interview or by not mentioning anything upon charge , which they may later rely upon as their defence in court (or by giving one account during the interview and then presenting a totally different account at Court when they were given the opportunity at charge, to mention anything that they will rely upon as a defence in court but didn’t do so at that time) and that inference can be one of guilt ...

Confused... you will be !

In your experience, do accused with counsel present, tend to opt not to give a version at interview, or do they tend to risk getting a story down?

I've seen a few cases where the version given at interview has obvious mistakes due to it being manufactured around the disclosure, but failing to deal with stuff that emerges "later"

She's been charged with crimes before and Alex has too (Alex's seem to be serious). I can't say much more because it hasn't been reported by MSM. I can say that Alex at least has been charged multiple times with assault though, because that has been reported by MSM. Can't tell you what Lori did though.

Wish I could, don't wanna get banned.
Lori is fair game.

Have we definitively eliminated drawing and quartering?

They said in court they did not have one but were prepared to start the process

I want to quote a source but I don’t think the Governor’s warrant will be an issue. MOO

Thanks. I must have missed it. Did it say why they got fingerprints from her in Idaho originally? Meaning was she fingerprinted for a crime or did the take them from somewhere else?

I think you deserve an answer. For any number of reasons, LE might have access to a fingerprint profile on Lori Vallow. MOO

ETA: As an example, when you legally adopt a child, it would be standard procedure to collect fingerprints and compare to a Federal database. Just one example...others could include previous criminal activities.

Last edited:
I think you can post verified info about her, but not rumors, SM posts or comments from unapproved sources.

Which is why I'd like to be careful. My understanding was if it's not MSM, err on the side of caution.

To be honest old court stuff wouldn't really help anyways... Lori has been shady for a while and hasn't made much of a secret of it.

Last edited:
I'm not sure that's true.
It is true as she isn't a victim but rather a named suspect/person of interest and has been since the beginning, that is why we have all kinds of information posted about her prior marriages and divorces. That was all uncovered and posted here, did not require that it appear in MSM first - in fact, it is extremely likely that information found and posted here was lifted by the media. If we had uncovered any criminal cases, those would be linked here too. So far, in the known jurisdictions where she has lived over the past several decades only her divorces and traffic offenses have been located.

As long as you have the right Lori and link to the court site where the record can be located it is all good. A DOB with 1973 and a middle name of Norene to rule out any people that have the same first and last names.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member