Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 17, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *mom, arrested* #22

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Snyder is the name that appears in an unapproved source.
Can we maybe make this sleuthable? Because if Nick is Ned it could be very relevant to the case. If it is figment of Lori's imagination we should know that. If it is a real person it could be very important. My money is on figment so I think we should run it to ground.

Have Chad's adult children been trying to bridge any emotional gaps with Tammy's family? And, I've forgotten... Does Tammy's family live in Utah? I can't imagine all these family members trying to weather this Chad storm.
Some more than others. All of Tammy’s siblings and parents live in Utah. Two of them, and her parents live down the street from me, as do his parents.

Last edited:
Actually Tammy was the breadwinner most likely. She had a regular ob and ran the publishing company.
What is a regular ob? Did her publishing company represent and publish any books besides Chad’s? I believe he was the primary breadwinner. A publishing company isn’t required to publish a book, anyone can publish their book for free, even on Amazon.

Melani's lawyer said after her court appearance (seen in Justin Lum's video) that the media should not be taking Charles' divorce statements that Lori claimed she was a god as fact. It looks like they are not only defending Melani, but Lori as well.

Except that her best friend in Hawaii, April, corroborated everything since Lori told her the same thing! She even told April she was one of the 144,000 and she was there to gather her! (source: Dateline)

What is a regular ob? Did her publishing company represent and publish any books besides Chad’s? If not, he is the primary breadwinner. A publishing company isn’t required to publish a book, anyone can publish their book for free.

Regular job, not ob. Everyone needs a proofreader. :)

Their publishing company published books of other authors, so they weren't just self-publishers. However, it has been reported that Tammy did a lot of the back office work for the publishing company. (I've pictured that as all the record keeping, ordering, and real work while Chad was the face of the company and did the sales and promotion part. Yeah, I just insulted marketing types, but they're use to rejection. :) ) We don't know how much work he did compared to how much she did, but it seems like it was probably a reasonably even split. Then she DID have a full time job (or ob, if you prefer) as the librarian at a local school (I think it was at an elementary school, but might have been a middle school or she got moved from one to the other while working for the school district).

Asking a serious question...how would *advertiser censored* stack up against murder? If *advertiser censored* is on a level with adultery and adultery is on a level with murder and cussing on the Sabbath (10 commandments). Should we take Melani's mind state to be different than we would if she were not LDS?

In my opinion, Yes. Other LDS may disagree. Feel free to chime in.

The way I look at it is the following:

The reason that murder is so serious is that God values life above all else.

This is why Murder and Abortion are right at the to of the list for LDS.

A close second to that is (for lack of a better word) "life force", or actions that create life.

This would include all sexual sins, for it reverses the natural order of things. At least that was the way I was raised. Things have been getting "strange" recently.

Right now there is rumblings of the church splintering at some point (Currently unsubstantiated rumors). This is due to Conservatives on the one hand, and Liberals on the other.

A lot of recent changes have been interpreted differently by both sides, to fit the narrative.

From what I have recently seen this is shaking up a some people's faith, and it's very apparent to me, at least.

I can see someone being disillusioned with the ambiguity of recent changes in the church, and being led to fall into more dangerous ideologies.

My point is, that Lori is about the same age as I am. We both grew up in the same religion. So, I am sure that there may be similarities.

In the 70's and 80's the prophets were much more direct than they are now. They basically gave what I refer to as the "Thunder and Lightning" speeches. They didn't mince words, or try to walk anything back. They didn't make apologies or make accommodations. Things were very black and white during this time period.

There was no gray areas, things were very clear. Then it started changing.

Recently though there are changes that the church has been making that has some questioning their faith, questioning the validity of the origins of the LDS faith, and of the current prophets.

There are other religions that are also struggling with the same problems. The underlying feeling is an instability in where one is putting their faith. This is especially potent in the LDS religion.

We grew up being taught that this is the "true church", the only living church with all of the keys and authority, living prophets, etc. Now people are questioning that. Add to that someone that may be mentally unstable, and has delusions of grandeur, that sounds like Lori.

The reasons are a massive rabbit hole. If interested you can find out what these are by googling "lds forums", you'll find out really fast what I am referring to. I don't think any of that would be helpful on this forum though.

I think that this could happen to devout members of any religion, but I feel that the unique dynamics in the LDS religion may be compounding the issue. Or maybe I am just over analyzing it.

MOO

And yet Utah has the highest percentage of people who access online *advertiser censored* of every state.

So I am going to tell the only Mormon joke I know because it is apropos:

Why should you always take two Mormons fishing with you?

Because if you take one he'll drink all your beer. If you take two they'll watch each other!

Told to me by a jack mormon. I don't intend to be offensive but this could be very relevant here. If L&C took their morality from what others saw, they could very well believe that anything they did out of sight of other Mormons was ok. I'm not suggesting this is actually an accepted thing because I know it is not. But it could explain their behavior.

Evelyn Wood...
Speed reading doesn't work for me, and the research I've seen shows it's not all that effective anyhow. Heaven knows that with a case this complex, twisted, and bizzare I need all the reading comprehension and memory retention possible so as to keep things straight. It's practically a full time job keeping up with everything...

A close second to that is (for lack of a better word) "life force", or actions that create life.

This would include all sexual sins, for it reverses the natural order of things. At least that was the way I was raised. Things have been getting "strange" recently.

Right now there is rumblings of the church splintering at some point (Currently unsubstantiated rumors). This is due to Conservatives on the one hand, and Liberals on the other.

A lot of recent changes have been interpreted differently by both sides, to fit the narrative.

From what I have recently seen this is shaking up a some people's faith, and it's very apparent to me, at least.

I can see someone being disillusioned with the ambiguity of recent changes in the church, and being led to fall into more dangerous ideologies.

My point is, that Lori is about the same age as I am. We both grew up in the same religion. So, I am sure that there may be similarities.

In the 70's and 80's the prophets were much more direct than they are now. They basically gave what I refer to as the "Thunder and Lightning" speeches. They didn't mince words, or try to walk anything back. They didn't make apologies or make accommodations. Things were very black and white during this time period.

Recently though there are changes that the church has been making that has some questioning their faith, questioning the validity of the origins of the LDS faith, and of the current prophets.

There are other religions that are also struggling with the same problems. The underlying feeling is an instability in where one is putting their faith. This is especially potent in the LDS religion.

We grew up being taught that this is the "true church", the only living church with all of the keys and authority, living prophets, etc. Now people are questioning that. Add to that someone that may be mentally unstable, and has delusions of grandeur, that sounds like Lori.

The reasons are a massive rabbit hole. If interested you can find out what these are by googling "lds forums", you'll find out really fast what I am referring to. I don't think any of that would be helpful on this forum though.

I think that this could happen to devout members of any religion, but I feel that the unique dynamics in the LDS religion may be compounding the issue. Or maybe I am just over analyzing it.

MOO

Thank you. This explains a lot, not just for this case but Mormon positions in general. I am not LDS but I have long wondered why a religion that is so much about love has been so much against homosexuality. (I'm not gay either). But yours is the first explanation I have every heard that actually could be traced back to a principle (life force and making new life) rather than just unexplained hatred. I personally have no problem with people loving each other regardless of their sex/gender so you and I may never agree but you have made me understand that at least there is a basis for the LDS view. I am appreciative anytime I learn something.

My takeaway is that if BB had had "homosexual affairs" as Melani alleged, this would be a huge issue within LDS which could justify drastic actions, maybe not murder usually, but perhaps so in a radical breakaway cult.

"1,171 more messages..."

Seriously?! How am I ever going to get caught up with this case?!? :confused::(
Fortunately (or rather, unfortunately) many of those messages are off topic side tracks. I wish there was more focus on getting justice for those who passed, and the loved ones left behind, and less sitting back and enjoying the spectical.IMHO.

Can we maybe make this sleuthable? Because if Nick is Ned it could be very relevant to the case. If it is figment of Lori's imagination we should know that. If it is a real person it could be very important. My money is on figment so I think we should run it to ground.
You can get more info if you Google "ned snyder" chad, but I don't think you can bring it up here.

Regular job, not ob. Everyone needs a proofreader. :)

Their publishing company published books of other authors, so they weren't just self-publishers. However, it has been reported that Tammy did a lot of the back office work for the publishing company. (I've pictured that as all the record keeping, ordering, and real work while Chad was the face of the company and did the sales and promotion part. Yeah, I just insulted marketing types, but they're use to rejection. :) ) We don't know how much work he did compared to how much she did, but it seems like it was probably a reasonably even split. Then she DID have a full time job (or ob, if you prefer) as the librarian at a local school (I think it was at an elementary school, but might have been a middle school or she got moved from one to the other while working for the school district).

I could only find Chad’s books which were published under Spring Hills, but no problem if you believe Tammy was the primary breadwinner. I’ve been wrong before. :)
I knew she was a school librarian, but didn’t consider that to be reasonable for a $430,000 life insurance policy.

Last edited:
Speed reading doesn't work for me, and the research I've seen shows it's not all that effective anyhow. Heaven knows that with a case this complex, twisted, and bizzare I need all the reading comprehension and memory retention possible so as to keep things straight. It's practically a full time job keeping up with everything...

It kind of is, but also not really all thatbmuch

MOO

... Wow, I'm so sad now and I don't know what to do with that.

RSBM

MOO

At least IMO, I think you're right. When you set yourself up as "the only true church" then it doesn't leave much room for mistakes by the top leadership. That sets them up for real issues when certain kinds of things happen which make it appear the leaders aren't as perfect as they want the members to think. But the key is, as you've indicated, that it is unique or at least not typical of most religions and it means that true believers who have a crisis of faith are positioned where one of the responses might be to go off the deep end in some fashion. To go find a grove of trees, pray to their diety, and have someone tell or prompt them that all of the churches are wrong and it is up to them to get things back on track. They're poised to believe in such a thing and to think that kind of reaction might have that result.

MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member