Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 17, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *mom, arrested* #22

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw a video (maybe Dateline?) where Lori's friend April was talking about that, specifically her being a single mom and how that felt as an active Mormon and I think she indicated that Lori didn't seem to look down on her like others did for that. I can't remember if she indicated the attitude had changed any.

The interesting thing about a temple wedding/sealing is that a man doesn't have to have it undone, does he? If they get a civil divorce, but the man can still convince his bishop that he's worthy of a temple recommend then he could marry as many women as he wanted in the temple, then divorce them on Earth, right? That would give him a regular harem of wives in the hereafter, at least in theory. I suspect that would become problematic (would the bishop let it fly?) but at least in theory it could happen. However, from what I've observed I think Mormon men see divorce as a non-starter as much as women as a general rule. But it doesn't seem it would have to be that way. If instead of divorcing the wives he was to have really bad luck with wives having accidents or bad luck with health and dying, it would be easier to get that lots of wives in the hereafter setup. I think someone suggested that might be Chad's approach although I suspect getting Lori to a legit sealing is going to be problematic. (Their own version of it might be another story.)

I can answer this question, at least to the best of what I understand.

So if a man and a woman are married and sealed (Two different things), then get a civil divorce this is what happens.

First, the sealing stays in place, unless either the man or woman requests to have the sealing cancelled (a difficult and lengthy process).

The man could legally get married again, but his original sealing (to the first wife) would still be in place. If he wishes to be sealed to (Wife 2), he needs to have the sealing cancelled first, then go through the proper channels to get sealed to wife #2.

So, in this scenario he can only be sealed to one living wife at a time (assuming all previous wives are all alive).

If he is married and sealed and his current wife dies, then he could marry another wife and also be sealed to her. So, technically he would be sealed to 2 woman. I think that scenario was discussed in detail a while back.

However, two things to note:

We believe that the sealing is only binding if the following conditions occur:

1- Both the husband and the wife live according to the covenants they made both in marriage and when they were sealed. If these are broken, the sealing is no longer recognized (spiritually speaking)
2- God is the authority that binds the marriage, so only he can decide if it is valid.
3- In the next life, we still have our agency. We can choose to not be with our spouse if that is what we want to do.

Second thing to note, is the early church history has members of the LDS split if polygamy (spiritual wifery), is actually part of God's plan. There are those that believe it is true, this is the official position the church takes on it. There are also those that believe that monogamy is the correct doctrine.

Not that it matters in this life what doctrine is true or not.

If I am missing anything important, please let me know. Thanks

Hopefully that answers your questions. MOO

It appears Chad self-published only his own books and is the president of his publishing company, Spring Hills. Sounds like a retirement home. Anyone can do this for free. One of his books is titled “One Foot in the Grave.” Yeesh.

About Chad | cdaybell.com
Chad had many other authors that he published over the years. The wayback machine of his personal website show them in detail.

Chad had many other authors that he published over the years. The wayback machine of his personal website show them in detail.
Thank you. So do you believe Tammy was the primary breadwinner? I will respect your opinion!

"1,171 more messages..."

Seriously?! How am I ever going to get caught up with this case?!? :confused::(

Speedread?;)

Seriously, we can give you a brief summary of what has been happening if you want.

Things that recently happened:

- Chad was seen at the airport, supposedly leaving for Rexburg.
- A lady had a run in with him in Hawaii (at a thrift store). This is where we learned that he is planning to go back to Rexburg and support Lori.

I feel like there are a couple of things I am forgetting, help me out. MOO

It appears Chad self-published only his own books and is the president of his publishing company, Spring Hills. Sounds like a retirement home. Anyone can do this for free. One of his books is titled “One Foot in the Grave.” Yeesh.

You're wrong on every significant fact including the name of the publishing company. The company was/is called Spring Creek Book Company. (Look at any one of Chad's books on Amazon for the publisher name.) We've discussed some of the authors he published (Julie Rowe, at one time, Hector Sosa Jr for at least some of his books). If you search for Hector Sosa or "Spring Creek Book Company" at Amazon you'll find other books published by his company. For some reason the website for the book company hasn't been working. You've just linked Chad's website, not the website for the publishing company.

What is a regular ob? Did her publishing company represent and publish any books besides Chad’s? I believe he was the primary breadwinner. A publishing company isn’t required to publish a book, anyone can publish their book for free, even on Amazon.
Her regular ob (sic, job) was as a school librarian.

You're wrong on every significant fact including the name of the publishing company. The company was/is called Spring Creek Book Company. (Look at any one of Chad's books on Amazon for the publisher name.) We've discussed some of the authors he published (Julie Rowe, at one time, Hector Sosa Jr for at least some of his books). If you search for Hector Sosa or "Spring Creek Book Company" at Amazon you'll find other books published by his company. For some reason the website for the book company hasn't been working. You've just linked Chad's website, not the website for the publishing company.
My bad, I stand corrected. Thank you. I will admit to coming into this case late, so difficult to read all past posts. Also apologies for my typo. Spring Creek still sounds like a retirement home.

Thank you. So do you believe Tammy was the primary breadwinner? I will respect your opinion!
When Chad and Tammy lived here in Springville, both took on additional jobs, Chad at the cemetery and Tammy at the elementary school, then high school, in addition to both running their publishing business together. When they moved to Idaho, Tammy immediately found another job at the nearby elementary school, and it appears, Chad took on work at another publisher as a sales person. I believe Chad also made some money publishing a subscription based newsletter and web sub forum under the AVOW umbrella. Tammy was the stable income, but I’m sure they always hoped to make it big through their books, and publishing business.

Are you answering me as @KonaHonu or am I a big dummy? Probably a big dummy lol.

I could only find Chad’s books which were published under Spring Hills, but no problem if you believe Tammy was the primary breadwinner. I’ve been wrong before. :)
I knew she was a school librarian, but didn’t consider that to be reasonable for a $430,000 life insurance policy.

To be clear, I don't know for sure and am willing to reconsider if facts show me that I'm wrong. However, I think whatever money that was coming from the publishing company, both from selling Chad's books and those of others, is money being brought in by both of them. At one point Chad did have a sales job for a printing company in Idaho Falls, so I expect his money from that job was probably more than Tammy's librarian salary. But all indications are, at least now, that the money coming in from books (both Chad's own and other authors) is better than trivial, but not a lot better. This is based on random samples of the sales ranks of the books on Amazon and research/knowledge of what a specific ranking indicates in volume sold and profit made.

When Chad and Tammy lived here in Springville, both took on additional jobs, Chad at the cemetery and Tammy at the elementary school, then high school, in addition to both running their publishing business together. When they moved to Idaho, Tammy immediately found another job at the nearby elementary school, and it appears, Chad took on work at another publisher as a sales person. I believe Chad also made some money publishing a subscription based newsletter and web sub forum under the AVOW umbrella. Tammy was the stable income, but I’m sure they always hoped to make it big through their books, and publishing business.
Thank you! Then the question remains, again apologies if this has been discussed, was Chad’s life insurance comparable or greater than Tammy’s?

Then the question remains, again apologies if this has been discussed, was Chad’s life insurance comparable or greater than Tammy’s?[/QUOTE

Chad's life insurance would be not great. Self published day laborers are not in high demand.

@IronOrchid I agree, but do we know this as a fact? I wouldn’t have thought Tammy’s would be so high either.

Just thought of something else, I've heard mentioned. Not sure if it is urban legend or based on something a prophet said. But it may be pertinent, why we keep circling back to the Temple.
For reference, when LDS say veil let me explain the importance behind this:
- LDS believe that we lived with God, before this life. Commonly referred to as the Premortal existence.
- LDS believe that before Adam and Eve was sent to the Earth, there was a War in Heaven, when God cast Satan out. Sent him here on Earth, with 1/3 of the hosts of heaven.
- So when we are born, a veil blocks our view of the spiritual realm of existence.

- When we die we stay here on Earth in what is commonly referred to as the Spirit World. This is broken up in two places: Spirit Prison, and Spirit Paradise. We hang out there until Judgement Day.

If the veil were removed, we would be able to see spirits and the spirit world. At least in theory.

It is not uncommon for LDS to have a story or two about being visited by a recently deceased relative.

Sorry for the long explanation, it just helps provide context to the word veil in how the LDS religion defines it.

So, what I have heard mentioned by some, is that in the Temple the veil is very thin, and that means that getting answers to our questions are especially powerful. It is believed to be a more direct conduit to God.

I guess, it is akin to the cartoons of the wise man climbing to the top of a mountain to get answers to the universe. Obviously, a play on how Moses received the Ten commandments.

That being the case, I believe that this cult is using this in a very twisted way for their own purposes, whatever these are. MOO

At least IMO, I think you're right. When you set yourself up as "the only true church" then it doesn't leave much room for mistakes by the top leadership. That sets them up for real issues when certain kinds of things happen which make it appear the leaders aren't as perfect as they want the members to think. But the key is, as you've indicated, that it is unique or at least not typical of most religions and it means that true believers who have a crisis of faith are positioned where one of the responses might be to go off the deep end in some fashion. To go find a grove of trees, pray to their diety, and have someone tell or prompt them that all of the churches are wrong and it is up to them to get things back on track. They're poised to believe in such a thing and to think that kind of reaction might have that result.

MOO
BBM I don't mean any disrespect but man, that sounds eerily similar to Muhammad.

ETA ...and Joseph Smith:confused::oops:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members