Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 17, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *mom, arrested* #23

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was under the impression they entered at the closest entrance from Rexburg which would be 90 so minutes north in Montana which is only different because it technically has 26 residents total in the YS park area but that’s slim pickings to make a pool on top of the judicial technicalities.
As for this being talked about previously, forgive me for not having been able to read every post on this site, i meant in the 1000’s of videos/articles about the case. I can’t find a single mention of the possibility of this being relevant. No need to be condescending.

I apologize, but this exact thing has come up and been discussed multiple times. You were sure this was something new based on your message. It isn't.

The biggest issue is that from where we think they entered Yellowstone (the entrance you mentioned in West Yellowstone, MT) there is no way to drive into the part of Idaho that is in the park. In fact, the closest that road would put you to the area of Idaho they needed to be in would involve a long, difficult hike. There are roads that go into or close to the park that could cut the hike to an easy mile or two at the most, and are closer to Rexburg than West Yellowstone. If they truly were aiming for the Idaho portion of the park they missed it on the trip with Tylee and did a poor job of researching even the most basic part of the idea, how to get to the part of the park they needed to.

We had multiple attorneys discuss bigger problems with this theory, but the fact remains, just the logistics of ending up in that part of the park based on knowing they entered from one of the main entrances that have cameras makes this idea a non-starter.

It appears the media may keep eyes on CD (and pepper him with questions) but will the Rexburg locals do the same? Will they put up "Where are the kids?" posters? (Assuming Rexburg is where he stays put for awhile). Will they do so when LV arrives??

it’s LDS Seminary, where high school students have a daily (weekday) religious instruction class before school (or sometimes opting out during a regular hs class to attend.). It’s daily religious instruction that is meant to build the foundation and habit for their own (later, adult life) daily religious study, just as you describe doing yourself - daily personal study time.
Is a student able to leave a public school campus to attend LDS Seminary?

I was under the impression they entered at the closest entrance from Rexburg which would be 90 so minutes north in Montana which is only different because it technically has 26 residents total in the YS park area but that’s slim pickings to make a pool on top of the judicial technicalities.
As for this being talked about previously, forgive me for not having been able to read every post on this site, i meant in the 1000’s of videos/articles about the case. I can’t find a single mention of the possibility of this being relevant. No need to be condescending.

Welcome aboard! :)

With all the threads, have you seen the media thread? If nothing else, reading it backwards would get you right to today's news.

ID - ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 17, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *MEDIA MAPS TIMELINE* NO DISCUSSION

So Lori was okay with emailing videos of herself dancing provocatively to Chad (which happened around the same time as the fight with AC) but she was not OK with her brother have a *advertiser censored* addiction? To the point where she had a big loud argument in the street with him? While I certainly believe Lori is probably too blinded by the log in her own eye to get the speck out of her brother's eye, somehow I don't see her doing that to her loyal ones such as AC-- If Lori had a real moral problem with AC's dirty habits then she and AC would not be as close as they were. They were as thick as thieves, those two. And AC was always doing Lori's dirty work.

In 2007 AC told a friend (MT) that he had to travel from AZ to TX to "take care of some family business". AC went to TX and attacked Lori's ex-husband JR with a stun gun. Then after he confessed to the assault and while he was in jail for 90 days he wrote 4 letters to his friend MT asking for JR's personal info and photos of JR he could show other inmates. The implication was pretty clear that AC wanted JR dead and was trying to arrange a hit from jail: Letters reveal Alex Cox's intense focus on Lori Vallow's ex-husband, even while behind bars
I believe Lori liked these negative qualities of her brother AC (they were both bad seeds) and she wouldn't have quarreled with him over things like that. I still believe that argument involved AC refusing to do something bad she wanted done or it was after AC had failed to do something Lori wanted him to do.

MOO.

You're probably right. But I don't think Lori had a moral problem with Alex's habits, I think she used his weaknesses against him. Her words "bringing disgrace on the family" sticks with me. She's all about appearances so it just feels right to me that she would be royally mad about something Alex did that reflected badly on the family.

Indicolite22 posted on Thread #22, page 61, post 1204:
Melani's lawyer said after her court appearance (seen in Justin Lum's video) that the media should not be taking Charles' divorce statements that Lori claimed she was a god as fact. It looks like they are not only defending Melani, but Lori as well.

Neither of these lawyers are listed with Idaho Bar. Attorney Roster Search
Mr. Jarvis seems to specialize in criminal law, so it will be interesting how he pursues such a contentious family litigation.
Interesting tidbit here on Mr. Smith, Esq. : Garrett Smith | Mesa, AZ, Maricopa County Attorney

You're probably right. But I don't think Lori had a moral problem with Alex's habits, I think she used his weaknesses against him. Her words "bringing disgrace on the family" sticks with me. She's all about appearances so it just feels right to me that she would be royally mad about something Alex did that reflected badly on the family.

I wonder which "family" she was talking about. Jmo

Yes. It is referred to in the school class schedule as "Release Time" (or maybe released). They are excusing the student from staying on school grounds for that period although they are barely off of school grounds in most instances. Sometimes as far as the other side of the street, but rarely much more.

FWIW, there was a Catholic seminary at one of the schools I was aware of while growing up in Utah. I think it was Layton High (in Layton, Utah between Salt Lake and Ogden) which was near Hill Air Force Base. Possibly I'm remembering the wrong school, but I remember it because it was not common whereas Mormon seminaries were very common, but it told me the school boards (or at least the one in Davis County) was willing to give other religions the same access if there was demand from the school and students to do it.

Tagging @CSIDreamer in as well.

I was thinking about this last night and I think there may have been many pivotal moments that led to this. Even when we look back at the brilliant timeline you can see certain events stand out more than others.

I would also be interested in hearing from anyone that knew LV at the time of JJs adoption, through to his ASD diagnosis and afterwards. How did she take to having a toddler with special needs? How did she handle the diagnosis? How did she cope afterwards? How did she cope when people were critical of JJ and his behaviour? (It can’t just be me that’s had so many armchair experts cast their judgements when I’m in the middle of coping with a child in meltdown).

There’s a period of time when you come to realise that this is your life now and the care of a ASD child will probably be lifelong. It often gets much worse before it gets better. How did she cope with the meltdowns when her friends weren’t around? Some people just get on with it and some take it really badly. ‘This isn’t the life I planned’, ‘’do I want this for life’ are things I’ve heard people say.

It could have relevance to how long she’s been planning this and what exactly she has been planning. MOO

also have some experience (personal, school) w ASD kids, and am thinking the same

it’s LDS Seminary, where high school students have a daily (weekday) religious instruction class before school (or sometimes opting out during a regular hs class to attend.). It’s daily religious instruction that is meant to build the foundation and habit for their own (later, adult life) daily religious study, just as you describe doing yourself - daily personal study time.
Seminary. Basically formalized religious instruction for teens. At least in Utah the normal is from 9th grade through 12th for it to be available. Most places do this as an early morning instruction like what was described for Lori. But some places (Utah and SE Idaho, for sure) there are seminary buildings that appear to be part of the campus at the high school and junior highs, but technically it turns out the land and building are owned by the church (how that gets worked out, I don't know). Kids who wish to attend seminary are then "released" one period a day during the school day to attend a seminary class. It isn't technically part of the government sponsored public school program, you don't get credits toward high school graduation, but it is integrated into the school program, if that makes sense.
It is amazing that this is currently allowed in government sponsored public schools. I grew up in South Louisiana in an all Catholic community. Our town continues to be comprised Catholics. We have 2 public elementary schools. When I attended in the early 60s, the schools would walk over to the Catholic Churches during lent to attend the way of the cross. We also had religion classes on morning a week. By the time I moved on to a Catholic school, the state department of education ended all religious services and religion classes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kristens5487