Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 17, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *mom arrested* #26

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just to add to this discussion, yes they do not have any rights to seek custody or pursue some sort of civil case against LV like she seems to be asserting.

What we are seeing is that the state has instituted a child protection action (that one is sealed). Presumably the state has taken or will take custody of the children. A guardian ad litem has already been appointed and that is usually an attorney or other such professional that can objectively determine what is in the best interests of the children. The grandparents have asked for guardianship if the children become wards of the state and need to be placed somewhere. Most states prefer that children be placed with family members instead of in foster care or a group home situation. This is far different from seeking custody. This is all MOO.

Agreed. It is just confusing that everyone keeps referring to Kay Woodcock as the "grandparent".

At least she was the one "canary in the mine" that alerted LEO to the fact that JJ was gone. I wonder if she had not pursued this, that the police in Arizona and Idaho would not have connected in regards to Tammy Daybell and Charles vallow's deaths.

If they purchased a home it would show up on the Fremont County assessor records, which can be searched here: Fremont County, Idaho, Terms and Conditions

Only Chad and Tammy's house is listed there.
It would indeed show up there and it's the first place I checked. But, if it was a recent purchase, it might not be reflected yet. Then again, they may just be renting since, as someone noted, that's a fairly common practice with LV.

It was a new one she had to sign yesterday as a condition of bail.
Oh right. I missed that completely and not sure what that means unless it is to do with possible Arizona deaths and murder attempts. Plus Tammy's death. They may have to shuffle her back and forth between states perhaps so that would make it easier in the future.
Right. Not local to Rexburg, but all from the Boise area.
Perhaps they have a home in Boise? Did the attorney say Idaho or Rexburg?
MBP mentioned Boise, Lori has Boise attorneys and something else came up about Ada county that I cannot remember.

That's not her attorney.

According to court records, Vallow-Daybell has hired Brian Leslie Webb, of Eagle; Mark LeRoy Means, of Meridian; and Edwina Eyre Elcox of Boise to represent her. Lori Vallow-Daybell hires three new attorneys
Top Rated Salt Lake City, UT Criminal Defense Attorney | Gregory Skordas | Super Lawyers

Lori's defense attorney, Greg Skordas, is hardly "local" to Rexburg, ID. In fact, he is an attorney from Salt Lake City, UT.

This must be draining the money very quickly. And, even more interesting, is the fact that local attorneys were not interested in this case.

I knew that his name was familiar. I won't say more, and defer to other WS'ers to do their own research and conclusions.

It’s a confusing case with so many from the media weighing in. Mr. Skordas has commented on the case to SLC media.
Attorney: This is why police haven’t arrested parents who lied about missing children in Rexburg

Deadline for Lori Daybell to produce missing children passes, family member speaks out

Chad Daybell Expected To Speak About Missing Children Case Soon, Associate Says

Justin Lum Fox 10 Phoenix

An Idaho Falls BB company tells us they’re trying to work w/ Lori Vallow’s reps. There are obstacles.

- Vallow needs to prove she has $1M in assets
- Bond company’s insurance needs to assess risk
- $100K (10%) needs to be wired to account of bondsman which could take 24 hours.
It ain't gonna happen. She doesn't have a million in assets and she's a huge risk. It would be quite a gamble.

Would the bank stop paying taxes if Chad stopped paying the mortgage?
Perhaps, but it's only been a few months since TD's death. If he skipped Nov. and Dec. payments, there would still have been a positive balance in the escrow account and thus I would think they'd have disbursed the second half of 2019 taxes. Usually a person is not in default of a mortgage until after three months of missed payments.

The file is big because it's everyone in the county currently late on their taxes going back to the year 2012: http://www.co.fremont.id.us/departments/treasurer/unpaidlisting.pdf

Chad's name didn't appear on this list until Feb. Read the rules on this page: Fremont County Treasurer

The bottom corner of the doc shows a print date of 03/02/2020, which indicates to me that was when it was last updated and is only current info as of 5 days ago. The first time I found this doc was on Feb 21 and I posted a screenshot showing the print date of 1/30/2020: ID - ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 17, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *mom, arrested* #17

We may have to wait until the end of March to see if he paid it in the last 5 days and if his name falls off the list. MOO.

As usual, you're right. :)

I looked through it at past years and it looks like the pattern is that the vast majority of those late get taken care of one way or another the next year. That's based on just one or two parcels with issues for trivial amounts of money in the early years, climbing slowly to 440 parcels (350,000 in unpaid taxes) in 2018, then a big jump to almost 9,700 parcels with more than 12 1/2 million owing in 2019. It looks like these things get resolved one way or another pretty quick. I'm kind of surprised at the number of parcels owing and some of the owners I see listed (local utility companies, for example, along with lots of what I assume are distant relatives since I have an uncommon last name that show up a bunch in the list :) )

Taxes should be included in the mortgage payments, but what are the odds that he's not paying that either? Tammy was the financial one in the house, Lori and Chad together may not be able to fight their way out of a financial paper bag.
Property taxes are found through the county's Treasurer's Office
Fremont County Treasurer then click on unpaid
https://www.co.fremont.id.us/departments/treasurer/unpaidlisting.pdf
2019 taxes are way down near the bottom of the document, (RP07N40E20630, that is actually in Fremont County near Rexburg). Go to page 227, the 5th delinquent listing is Daybill, Chad.

I felt the same. When I saw Chad's brothers property on the list, with a very sizable tax amount, and he being a solid professional in the community--well it just didn't quite make sense to me either.

Former county property tax collector here - I’m in Oregon, but Idaho works similarly. 2019 tax bills are sent out late in the year and are DUE on 12/20/19 The taxpayer has the option of deferring half the amount, interest and penalty free, until 6/20/20. The taxes are technically already due, but who’s going to pass up an interest-free loan if they don’t have piles of available cash. This is why so many names are on the list.
In Oregon there is a discount for paying in full when you first get the bill, so mortgage companies will do that rather than going for the installment option. If there is no discount in Idaho it may be that the mortgage companies would wait to pay and keep the escrow money invested for an extra six months.
You do not necessarily have an escrow account on Every mortgage either. I don’t have one on my current mortgage or the previous one. I think you have to have really good credit for that however, so it probably doesn’t apply to Chad’s, IMO.

No, it's from 2019. Scroll down to page 227 or search Daybell in the document. It says 2019 at the top of the page his name is on. He is only delinquent for the 2nd half of 2019 (when Tammy died and he got married to Lori and they ran off to Hawaii).

http://www.co.fremont.id.us/departments/treasurer/unpaidlisting.pdf
This guy isn't paying his property taxes? Wow. How does anyone get away with that? Also, if he is delinquent for the second half of 2019, what's the score for 2020?

My feeling is that Lori is not worried any debts that may be mounting up, because the big Climax is happening in just a few months (July 20?), right?
I agree but I am sure they are both pissed that their mission of gathering others and using life insurance to fund their “ lucky ones group” is now not going to happen. This case won’t be resolved before July 20/20. So their is a bright side MOO

Here is the Idaho statute for kidnapping (bold by me). Keep in mind, the current custodian of the kids is the state of Idaho.
TITLE 18
CRIMES AND PUNISHMENTS
CHAPTER 45
KIDNAPING
18-4506. CHILD CUSTODY INTERFERENCE DEFINED — DEFENSES — PUNISHMENT. 1. A person commits child custody interference if the person, whether a parent or other, or agent of that person, intentionally and without lawful authority:
(a) Takes, entices away, keeps or withholds any minor child from a parent or another person or institution having custody, joint custody, visitation or other parental rights, whether such rights arise from temporary or permanent custody order, or from the equal custodial rights of each parent in the absence of a custody order; or
(b) Takes, entices away, keeps or withholds a minor child from a parent after commencement of an action relating to child visitation or custody but prior to the issuance of an order determining custody or visitation rights.
2. It shall be an affirmative defense to a violation of the provisions of subsection 1. of this section that:
(a) The action is taken to protect the child from imminent physical harm;
(b) The action is taken by a parent fleeing from imminent physical harm to himself;
(c) The action is consented to by the lawful custodian of the child; or
(d) The child is returned within twenty-four (24) hours after expiration of an authorized visitation privilege.
3. A violation of the provisions of subsection 1. of this section shall be a felony, unless the defendant did not take the child outside the state, and the child was voluntarily returned unharmed prior to the defendant’s arrest in which case the violation shall be reduced to a misdemeanor.
4. Any reasonable expenses incurred by a lawful custodian in locating or attempting to locate a child taken in violation of the provisions of subsection 1. of this section may be assessed against the defendant at the court’s discretion in accordance with chapter 53, title 19, Idaho Code.
History:
[18-4506, added 1987, ch. 88, sec. 1, p. 168.]
Thank you. I read that as when this court case March 12? Goes through, that is another felony charge?

I'm probably the only one here, but I think Lori knew right away when the bond was set at $1 million that Chad would have difficulty bailing her out. Watch Lori's face when the judge set bail at $1 Million. She briefly closes her eyes and gives a very slight grimace but pulls herself together so quickly I couldn't capture it on a screenshot. It's at about 37:50 minutes into the video:
Her attorney also seems to briefly look towards Lori, when the judge says $1 million but Lori doesn't look in the female attorney's direction, so she turns her attention back towards the judge. To me, the attorney's brief glance at Lori revealed she knew that amount was not what they were hoping for (she was arguing for $10,000-$50,000 after all).

MOO.
ITA and when anyone makes a “bid” you do expect it to be countered, but I would suspect that the most they expected was $100,000. JMO

FOX 13 Investigates: Website associated with Chad Daybell and his followers shuts down

Before the website was deleted, Sosa uploaded 45 files onto a public Dropbox account for anyone to download.

"The people that started (Pathway to Zion) started it for Chad and I and other dreamers and visionaries who were being persecuted," Rowe said.
Rowe said she is not sure whether Sosa is aware of Chad Daybell’s reason for declining to tell authorities where his two missing stepchildren are.

“I know, as of a month ago, (Sosa) was still talking to Chad,” Rowe said.

This guy isn't paying his property taxes? Wow. How does anyone get away with that? Also, if he is delinquent for the second half of 2019, what's the score for 2020?
Here's your answer:
Former county property tax collector here - I’m in Oregon, but Idaho works similarly. 2019 tax bills are sent out late in the year and are DUE on 12/20/19 The taxpayer has the option of deferring half the amount, interest and penalty free, until 6/20/20. The taxes are technically already due, but who’s going to pass up an interest-free loan if they don’t have piles of available cash. This is why so many names are on the list.
In Oregon there is a discount for paying in full when you first get the bill, so mortgage companies will do that rather than going for the installment option. If there is no discount in Idaho it may be that the mortgage companies would wait to pay and keep the escrow money invested for an extra six months.
You do not necessarily have an escrow account on Every mortgage either. I don’t have one on my current mortgage or the previous one. I think you have to have really good credit for that however, so it probably doesn’t apply to Chad’s, IMO.
I too probably show up "delinquent" because of the mortgage company.
ETA BBM

Last edited:
Asked before but... The two men sitting behind her at the upper left of the pic... Are these two of CD's kids? The red haired man literally rubber-necked when the judge said each count (child abandonment) carries max 14yrs.... He looks like Chad to me, and I'm thinking he may not have realized exactly what LV was being charged with.
Guy here:
View attachment 236924

According to Madison County Sheriff's Office, the first and second rows of seats behind Lori are for court personnel and court security. I believe the lady sitting with these 2 men is the Madison County clerk. I am guessing that these 2 men are security. MOO

Madison County Sheriff Idaho

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member