Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 17, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *mom arrested* #27

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is LV's oldest son Colby the son of her second husband Joe Ryan? I got the impression when reading an interview with Joe's sister that Joe was only the parent of Tylee. But Colby has his last name...I wonder who the first husband was?
Yes, Tylee is the only biological child of Lori and Joe Ryan. Colby is the son of marriage #2 in Texas. Very short marriage again. Colby's birth certificate even gives the last name of "Cox" not the father. When Lori married Joe Ryan, Colby's name was changed.

Yes, you beat me to it, lol. So the first husband's name isn't listed in her high school class list. But the year before her there are two Nelsons. I write that because her cheerleader friend said LV married a boy from her high school. LV graduated in 1991 (the other two Nelsons were in the 1990 graduating class)Then it said on October 22nd, 1995, Lori married second husband, William Lagioia, in Travis County, Texas. The next year they had a son together named Colby. On December 17th, 1996, Lori and William filed for divorce. On February 25th, 1998, their divorce was finalized.

I'm a curious as the next person but since husbands 1 & 2 don't seem to play a part in the fact JJ and Tylee are missing we are unable to post a great deal of info that we've found on other sites (unless it's MSM). A simple google search of "LV and 5 husbands" might help answer questions for your personal use. ;)

My recollection is that husband #1 was Nelson and husband #2 was Lagioia. CR seems to have been born during marriage #2 so in the absence of other info I assume that we presume him to be the son of hubs #2, but then he must have later been adopted by hubs#3, as he bears his surname. I don't read social media so this must have come from an earlier ws thread but I feel the chances of my being able to go back and find it are effectively nil at this point!
You can find the first mentions of the first two husbands' last names on this thread by searching for vallow nelson and vallow lagioia. The info on Nelson came from Gray Hughes' channel and Lagioia was mentioned on a timeline published in a Post Register article.

ID - ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 17, Rexburg, Sept 2019 #2

ID - ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 17, Rexburg, Sept 2019 #5

The last hearing was the Initial Appearance.
The next is the Preliminary Hearing where the prosecution needs to prove probable cause and fairly low bar. Witnesses and evidence will be presented, but only enough to prove probable cause the rest will be saved for trial. See part (b).

Idaho Criminal Rule 5.1. Preliminary Hearing; Probable Cause Finding; Discharge or Commitment of Defendant; Procedure

(a) Preliminary Hearing. Unless indicted by a grand jury, a defendant charged in a complaint with any felony is entitled to a preliminary hearing. If the defendant waives the preliminary hearing, the magistrate must immediately file a written order in the district court requiring the defendant to answer. If a waiver of preliminary hearing form is used, the waiver form must be the Supreme Court waiver of preliminary hearing form found in Appendix A of these rules. If the defendant does not waive the preliminary hearing, the magistrate must schedule a preliminary hearing within a reasonable time, but in any event not later than 14 days following the defendant's initial appearance if the defendant is in custody and no later than 21 days after the initial appearance if the defendant is not in custody. Time limits in this subsection may be extended with the consent of the defendant and on showing of good cause, taking into account the public interest and prompt disposition of criminal cases. In the absence of consent by the defendant, time limits may be extended only on a showing that extraordinary circumstances exist. Extraordinary circumstances include disqualification of the magistrate by the defendant pursuant to Rule 25.

(b) Probable Cause Finding. If the magistrate finds that a public offense has been committed and that there is probable or sufficient cause to believe that the defendant committed the offense, the magistrate must immediately require the defendant to answer in the district court. The finding of probable cause must be based on substantial evidence on every material element of the offense charged. Hearsay in the form of testimony or affidavits, including written certifications or declarations under penalty of perjury, may be admitted to show the following:

(1) the existence or nonexistence of business or medical facts and records,

(2) judgments and convictions of courts,

(3) ownership of real or personal property, and

(4) reports of scientific examinations of evidence by state or federal agencies or officials or by state-certified laboratories, provided the magistrate determines the source of said evidence to be credible. Nothing in this rule prevents the admission of evidence under any recognized exception to the hearsay rule of evidence. The defendant is entitled to cross-examine witnesses produced against the defendant at the hearing and may introduce evidence in the defendant's own behalf. Motions to suppress must be made in a trial court as provided in Rule 12. However, if at the preliminary hearing the evidence shows facts which would ultimately require the suppression of evidence sought to be used against the defendant, the evidence must be excluded and must not be considered by the magistrate in determining probable cause. A record of the proceedings must be made by stenographic means or recording devices.

(c) Discharge of Defendant. If the magistrate determines that a public offense has not been committed or that there is not probable or sufficient cause to believe that the defendant committed the offense, the magistrate must dismiss the complaint and discharge the defendant.

(d) Records. After concluding the proceeding, the magistrate must immediately deliver all papers in the proceeding to the clerk of the district court.
Thanks very much. copying, because I am sure i will have to come back to for reference!

How bizarre this cult is. Sweat lodge, multiple marriages and a pool party when someone is murderd, plus honeymoon and vacations when kids disappear and even more people die.
I am pretty sure it was idaidaidaho who explained how her parents bought these tents as well. They don't last forever, i bet.

I’m still waiting for her to make bail...I think that’s the only way they are going to find these kids

From the timeline: Lori has had five husbands:
First, in 1992 at age 19 shortly out of high school, she married her high school sweetheart whose name we don't know and they divorced within a year;
Second, William John Lagioia, from Travis County, TX who she married 10/22/1995 and who fathered Colby. They filed for divorce 12/17/1996 and that was finalized 2/25/1998;
Third, Joseph Anthony Ryan, Jr, from Phoenix, AZ who she married in 2001. He adopted Colby and fathered Tylee. That marriage ended in divorce in 2004 with a contentious custody fight. He died 4/3/2018 of an apparent heart attack;
Fourth, in 2006, she married L. "Charles" Anthony Vallow, with whom she adopted JJ, who was Charles's biological great nephew (grandson of Charles's sister). They lived in Texas and then Hawaii, before moving to Arizona in June 2018. Within a year of that move, Charles Vallow filed for divorce. He was killed 7/11/2019; and
Fifth, Chad Daybell, whom she married shortly after the death of his wife.

The first husband was her HS sweetheart and the marriage was short. That's all I know. And I cannot for the life of me remember where I saw that info but as I recall, it was legit. Also, I do not know if there were offspring from that marriage. So I'm actually no help at all.
Most people think the first marriage was legit and short. N children. Colby, however, was born to second husband. It was legit and short as well. Tylee was born to third husband, Joe Ryan. Colby's name changed to Ryan.

Eaton said: So a lot of people wonder if she was preparing for this Second Coming by doing something with her children by ... maybe a dramatic action so that they would be prepared for the Second Coming.”

Fox Nation host Nancy Grace talks ‘end of days’ fantasies for Lori Vallow

Do people really believe at this point that Lori might have killed the kids to protect them from the apocalypse?

2- I know this is gross but... ...

That thought occurred to me, as well. Someone mentioned maybe things are not as complicated as they seem in this case, but maybe things are more complicated than they seem, because we're all looking at this through the lens of normalcy and decency, which some of the key figures in the case seem to lack totally. Somebody wondered earlier how AxC was getting paid for what it seems he did for his sister. But there are other forms of payment than money. I think of Anjelica Huston's character in The Grifters. (I've seen too many movies.) As a witness to their heated argument said, "I thought they must be husband and wife because it was the sort of fight you don't normally have with your sister." It does beg the question, Why was he so seemingly devoted to her? Why would he harm her husband(s)?

I have also wondered whether LV just uses sex to get what she wants in general, and maybe the stuff about being a god is just a smokescreen. It's within the realm of possibility that this whole thing started more like a stalking case, with her going after CD, only he was open to it because his marriage was in trouble, he was teetering financially, and along came a woman he thought was attractive who threw sex at him (maybe) and told him his ideas were brilliant. She could just be playing him like a fiddle.

All of this is complete conjecture, of course. In between real news, my imagination and overanalysis kick into gear.

Last edited:
Funny you asked, I just asked the same question about the first husband (who is he?) but the second one is Joseph Ryan. LV's brother Alex was put in jail for something like 90 days for tazing Joseph and apparently beating him up badly. If you google Joe Ryan and Annie Cushing (that is his sister..Lori Vallow's ex-sister-in-law) There is a good article about her opinion on LV and she is clearly heartbroken that Tylee is missing. I just din't get the impression (unless I misread it) that Joe is her first son's father.
Also google Alex Cox and Joseph Ryan and you can read about how AC did jail time. As far as him liking his sister, I thought something similar, but more in the line of borderline obsession. Apparently she has that affect on some men, creepy.
I strongly recommend going back to review "the early years" of the Timeline here. Gardner1850's timeline is so thorough and full of details. What I did for a long time when starting out on this Websleuth site, was to keep a second Webpage open to JUST the timeline... It is so helpful when you can bounce your questions off the timeline first--it always can make you questions here out to the group more knowledgeable and detailed... (Timeline is alway at the beginning of each new thread)

Forgive me if this has already been posted, but I thought there was going to be a piece on the news of one of CD's friends explaining, his group's beliefs and why they are being so quiet about the kids' location. Did I misread that reporter's tweet or am I losing my marbles over this constantly evolving case? MMO of course

Kim Powell on Twitter

Kim Powell
@KimPowellTV

The FBI and other agencies involved in the investigation of #LoriVallow and her missing kids are all meeting today in Salt Lake City to “coordinate, review, and share information.” The FBI said in a statement these meetings are not a new effort. #azfamily #wherearethekids

10:41 AM · Mar 11, 2020·Twitter for iPhone

LE is making sure the public knows 1) that there is a group LE gathering happening this week, and 2) that these meetings have been going on for some time. That info is disseminated on purpose.

As other WSers have said, whoever talks first usually gets the best deal. I have a strong feeling that more charges are coming soon. And not just against Lori.

But, in the meantime, I’m quite happy to see Chad and Lori burn through money on attorneys. Whether it’s their own money or from other sources, the funds WILL dry up.

As far as Chad’s ridiculous claim to CP and any others that he will talk when “the time is right,” again there’s nothing like burning through all that money on attorney fees when you supposedly have a perfectly good rationale for the location of Tylee and JJ.

It boggles my mind that there are people who believe Chad. We are supposed to believe that Lori is quite content to sit in jail rather than prove the kids are alive.

I don’t buy the custody issue they try to sell to people BUT if they really felt that way, wouldn’t it make more sense to use these attorneys (and attorney fees) to fight a custody issue? That’s where the Chad/Lori believers lose credibility, as well. Because Lori should be fighting a different battle if custody was truly her concern.

Last edited:
Forgive me if this has already been posted, but I thought there was going to be a piece on the news of one of CD's friends explaining, his group's beliefs and why they are being so quiet about the kids' location. Did I misread that reporter's tweet or am I losing my marbles over this constantly evolving case? MMO of course
If that was CP saying that then I think they are BSing. Why let Lori languish in jail if they could show the kids (on facebook if necessary). The fact no one has come forward is sadly not looking good for Tylee and JJ, Lori or Chad IMO.

I
I have 2 questions that may have already been covered, if so forgive me as this is such a lot to read.

1- Have we heard anything from husbands 1 or 2 about LVD or AxC?

2- I know this is gross but... has anyone else here thought that AxC devotion to Lori almost seems like incestous love?

I’m right there with you on #2. I even thought that LV may have let AxC get away with sexually assaulting TR in order to use him for her financial benefits,....sick but not impossible. Husbands are one thing to get rid of, laughing to myself being a husband, but how could you honestly believe that you could make kids disappear without repercussions? MOO.

LE is making sure the public knows 1) that there is a group LE gathering happening this week, and 2) that these meetings have been going on for some time. That info is disseminated on purpose.

As other WSers have said, whoever talks first usually gets the best deal. I have a strong feeling that more charges are coming soon. And not just against Lori.

But, in the meantime, I’m quite happy to see Chad and Lori burn through money on attorneys. Whether it’s their own money or from other sources, the funds WILL dry up.

As far as Chad’s ridiculous claim to CP and any others that he will talk when “the time is right,” again there’s nothing like burning through all that money on attorney fees when you supposedly have a perfectly good rationale for the location of Tylee and JJ.

It boggles my mind that there are people who believe Chad. We are supposed to believe that Lori is quite content to sit in jail rather than prove the kids are alive.

I don’t buy the custody issue they try to sell to people BUT if they really felt that way, wouldn’t it make more sense to use these attorneys (and attorney fees) to fight a custody issue? That’s where the Chad/Lori believers lose credibility, as well. Because Lori should be fighting a different battle of custody was truly her concern.

IMO, the only custody these two are protecting is the custody of the secrets about who did what to whom that has resulted in multiple people dying.

Viewing that doorbell cam video of JJ (this time with audio) clinched it for me. I have two special needs individuals in my larger family and listening to JJ repeat the words, "Get the he** out of here," repeatedly in the presence of his friend is just the type of obsessive expression relating to traumatic events these people do. They need to be comforted about the trauma they have experienced and until they are, they will keep bringing it up in whatever way they can. I wonder whether the nanny who witnessed JJ "having a meltdown" heard him saying those same words. Those are probably the words JJ heard when AC and LV were preparing to end CV's life or had just ended it.

The friends of Chad who are repeating his assurances are facilitating the con that Lori and Chad are perpetuating which has cost multiple innocent people their lives. Shame on them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clm79