Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 17, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *mom arrested* #28

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks to Rexsleuth for pointing out that Judge Eddins was the same judge who worked the case concerning custody for the kids with the Woodcocks. I think this is important. I think ID prosecutors have been treading carefully on a legally tenuous situation in order to get LV jailed and extradited in the first place. I give them full credit for finding a way to act when their hands were partially tied by the law.

Lori’s new attorney was disputing the trial of her case in a criminal court. If their claim was accepted that it belonged in a different court altogether, then Lori would have another six months before a case for abandonment could even be made.

I think the defense is hoping that with a new judge they will have a higher chance of successfully disputing the legality of the charges based on how they were handled. If they stick with the current judge they have a very very high probability the charges will stick because they’ve already been formulated and run under this judges nose, so to speak. For instance, the workings of the guardian case for the Woodcocks enabled contempt of court charges against Vallow in the first place and future rulings in favor of the Woodcocks could propel the case forward with other charges. It is a guess on my part that the defense surmises that the current judge agrees with the legal route taken by the prosecution and they hope that by getting a new judge, the tedious and let’s face it, somewhat creative efforts of the prosecution and LE combined will be called into question. They hope to get the charges dismissed because they have no real hope at arguing innocence.

I’m nothing close to a lawyer so forgive me if I said anything blatantly wrong. This is all MOO

Yeah, I'm not going to let him off the hook that easily. First, he explicitly denies that that's what he's doing. He says more than once and over a period of years that he is writing things that really happened. Second, his style is distinctive and recognizable. Even when he's not writing "genre fiction," he tells what I assume are outright lies.

This is obviously just my opinion, but I would wager a lot of money that I am right.

Of course he does. That's what liars do. Bunk = lies.

What we're disagreeing about is whether "any born-and-bred Mormon" would view this as a recounting of his personal experience without embellishment.

It was grossly exaggerated. I’m thinking something in the neighborhood of 20-25K for a retainer on these charges. It’s not a complicated case that requires reams of discovery or investigation. Regardless of the noise surrounding her you produce the kids or explain what’s going on and this is down to misdemeanors. If more charges come and/or she drags these out it’s going to be expensive. Her financial sustainability will be tested.

If it's not complicated then why did both the prosecution and defense ask for the prelim hearing to be delayed almost a month so they can have extra time to review discovery evidence? Lori is waiving her right to a prelim within 15 days for a reason and it's not because she wants to sit in jail longer and pay her attorneys for those extra days while waiting for the hearing. They need time to prepare. MOO.

Motion: https://s3-assets.eastidahonews.com...3/11171847/Stipulation-to-Continue-Prelim.pdf
Document source: Preliminary hearing for Lori Daybell likely postponed, attorneys request new judge | East Idaho News

No offense, but if you think this case is not complicated, then you haven't been paying attention. Nothing about this case is simple nor routine. Her lawyer had to ask the judge about where to get a waiver of extradition form for Lori to sign if she makes bail-- that was an indication to me that the lawyer had never come across that bail stipulation before. Her legal team is likely on new territory with many aspects of this case. It will be interesting to see their trial strategy. MOO.

Does anyone know if a blood hound was to smell a piece of clothing of Tylee’s...... would it be able to find Tylee’s presence at YNP? I am fixated on finding these two babies... even if they are gone from this earth. They deserve to be laid to rest side by side somewhere where family can visit . I hate the thought of not knowing where they are now until after May? That’s crazy. JMO
You aren't going to like this answer, and I didn't like asking google the questions but here you go:

"in optimal scent conditions (cool, damp areas with heavy vegetation and no wind) a trained trailing dog is probably capable of following a scent trail that is up to two weeks old" source

Making other assumptions about the outcome, some cadaver dogs can locate 25 year old remains buried 2 feet deep in dense woods. source

READ: The documents charging Lori Vallow Daybell | East Idaho News

page right down below the complaint to the affidavit.
Yes! It's on page three. Brandon was shot at, then drove away, and the Jeep followed him for sometime before turning away. Brandon was probably speeding (as I would do! And dialing 911) making the Jeep murder peeps paranoid about getting pulled over. A close call for Brandon! And then Lori is found in possession of the murder attempt Jeep. OOPS

Something is rotten in the state of Arizona (Chandler and Phoenix police departments, to be specific), and one Websleuths poster, @j55stand , sensed it back in December! (She hasn't been the only WS member to suspect this but she was, I believe, the first of us.)

See this post in the very first thread:
ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 17, Rexburg, Sept 2019

Of course now the circumstantial evidence is much more clear with the release of the FBI documents. IMO, the subject line of the emails alone is telling. It will be interesting to see if the Chandler police will be able to (put the brunt of the blame on one retired officer and) clean up their reputation a bit after dropping the ball when they had a chance to investigate further into CV's death. (oh, if only they had!)

p.s. I want to echo what @watergirl62 said at the end of the last thread in regard to the meaning of "start putting anything to the group as a whole" at the end of the second FBI document.
ID - ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 17, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *mom arrested* #27
I also took it to mean that the FBI wasn't talking about the PaP group as a whole, but that the sender, having looked up the podcaster's employment history and connections to Chandler homicide, was going to call one person to discuss before they presented any info to the (whole) group doing the investigating.

I bet that Chandler PD is taking it seriously now that the FBI is involved.
I think they are doing their best to CYA to make it look like they were doing what they should have done in the first place.

My gut feeling is that they treated this case half-*advertiser censored**ed, and believed Alex when he said it was self-defense/ So, they dropped the ball, cut corners and just wanted the case closed and gone.

Something, someone else I was talking to pointed out the other day, was why they had a pool party later that day. The reason is that if the police came back to the house to further investigate, the house has now been contaminated with all of these other people's fingerprints, and DNA. LVD and Alex were literally covering up potential evidence, by contaminating the scene of the crime.

MOO

If it's not complicated then why did both the prosecution and defense ask for the prelim hearing to be delayed almost a month so they can have extra time to review discovery evidence? Lori is waiving her right to a prelim within 15 days for a reason and it's not because she wants to sit in jail longer and pay her attorneys for those extra days while waiting for the hearing. They need time to prepare. MOO.

Motion: https://s3-assets.eastidahonews.com...3/11171847/Stipulation-to-Continue-Prelim.pdf
Document source: Preliminary hearing for Lori Daybell likely postponed, attorneys request new judge | East Idaho News

No offense, but if you think this case is not complicated, then you haven't been paying attention. Nothing about this case is simple nor routine. Her lawyer had to ask the judge about where to get a waiver of extradition form for Lori to sign if she makes bail-- that was an indication to me that the lawyer had never come across that bail stipulation before. Her legal team is likely on new territory with many aspects of this case. It will be interesting to see their trial strategy. MOO.
Indeed, Lori's attorneys are googling their defense as fast as they can. Once/ and if this goes Federal, and I think it will, they will be buried. I dont see this team lasting till May 21.

ETA: Perhaps there is a Youtube tutorial for Federal cases. :)

If it's not complicated then why did both the prosecution and defense ask for the prelim hearing to be delayed almost a month so they can have extra time to review discovery evidence?

The defense need to buy time to create the best narrative (lie), the prosecutors are buying time for LE to gather enough evidence for more charges.

You aren't going to like this answer, and I didn't like asking google the questions but here you go:

"in optimal scent conditions (cool, damp areas with heavy vegetation and no wind) a trained trailing dog is probably capable of following a scent trail that is up to two weeks old" source

Making other assumptions about the outcome, some cadaver dogs can locate 25 year old remains buried 2 feet deep in dense woods. source
OT, apologies, but I once stayed in a hotel where half the rooms were friends and family for a wedding and the other half of the rooms were for a convention of the National Police Bloodhound Association. A couple of the friends and family abruptly moved to another hotel when they saw the dogs sniffing around.

I bet that Chandler PD is taking it seriously now that the FBI is involved.
I think they are doing their best to CYA to make it look like they were doing what they should have done in the first place.

My gut feeling is that they treated this case half-*advertiser censored**ed, and believed Alex when he said it was self-defense/ So, they dropped the ball, cut corners and just wanted the case closed and gone.

Something, someone else I was talking to pointed out the other day, was why they had a pool party later that day. The reason is that if the police came back to the house to further investigate, the house has now been contaminated with all of these other people's fingerprints, and DNA. LVD and Alex were literally covering up potential evidence, by contaminating the scene of the crime.

MOO
I would love to know more about the pool party. Lori is on bodycam footage at something like 10 a.m. saying they just moved in and haven't met anyone in the neighborhood and before the day is over people are complaining about the noisy party. Lori and Alex's family are in the Phoenix area, did she invite them over? If it was family surely someone would have asked about CV, unless they knew and were there to celebrate. If it was friends of TR there would be too much risk of her talking to her friends about what happened that morning, IMO. I guess JJ didn't see anything so it could have been friends of his.

I would love to know more about the pool party. Lori is on bodycam footage at something like 10 a.m. saying they just moved in and haven't met anyone in the neighborhood and before the day is over people are complaining about the noisy party. Lori and Alex's family are in the Phoenix area, did she invite them over? If it was family surely someone would have asked about CV, unless they knew and were there to celebrate. If it was friends of TR there would be too much risk of her talking to her friends about what happened that morning, IMO. I guess JJ didn't see anything so it could have been friends of his.
YES!! It's crazy how no one (except a friend from high school) and a few other random people have come out and said anything about Lori. I mentioned something about this in the last thread. Is everyone dead? Cooperating with LE? Did she not have ANY friends?
moo

Yesterday there were a couple of posts about CD & TD's son or daughter who is on a mission and how much s/he might have heard about what is going on at home. Is this usual or unusual that a child on an LDS mission did not return for the funeral when a parent dies?

Follow up Q: CD went to NJ for his mission. Did LVD go on mission? Where?[/QUOT

MOO

Interesting questions. I don't remember if it was Chad's son/daughter that is out right now.
However, they would be aware of the news for sure. Also, Missionaries today, are able to contact family weekly (via Phone), so have probably been filled in on what is going on too.

The second question, I had to look up. Unless it has recently changed, a missionary can choose to go home early for the death of a parent, but that ends their mission. If it's the son, I am sure he would be very pressured to stay.

In the LDS religion girls can choose to go on a mission or not, no real pressure one way or another. Women are generally encouraged to get married young, and the mission is truly an optional choice that some pursue.

Totally different story for the guys though. If they don't go there are some very real consequences. Your LDS social circle tends to decrease rapidly, and your dating choices in the LDS religion disappear fast. The LDS culture it is almost expected that men serve missions, at least in my experience.

When Chad got home from his mission, he would have been highly favored among young women his age.

Hope that helps.

MOO

Last edited:
The defense need to buy time to create the best narrative (lie), the prosecutors are buying time for LE to gather enough evidence for more charges.

I agree. But my point is that if it were a simple case, wouldn't the defense already have a bunch of standard narratives ready? No need for extra time before the prelim hearing if SOP arguments and motions can apply to Lori's "not complex" case. They would want to get on with it and defend her case ASAP if it was simple and they already knew everything about it there was to know. I think the defense has never defended anyone like Lori before (I can't imagine what she is telling them :eek: ) and Idaho has never seen a case this complex before. MOO.

I’m confused, they are now being vetted in MSM :

“E-mails uncovered reveal the FBI not only did research on Lori, but also her friends, Melanie Gibb and Jason Mow”

https://www.fox10phoenix.com/news/new-e-mails-show-fbi-researched-podcasts-

Yes, we can discuss that link. We cannot discuss it by going back into JM's or MG's histories to do so. The important confirmation that the FBI has been looking into the podcasts and their content, must be our primary satisfaction for the moment. :)

Yea, I figured the scent is long gone. Not to mention, that the amount of foot traffic in the area alone, would have proven to be an issue all by itself.

Interesting fact: Polar Bears are actually better at tracking than dogs are, they have been known to stock prey up to 100 miles away.

It's just to bad that no one would be able to train one though.

MOO

Wasn’t there suppose to be another custody hearing today with KW and LW or did that get cancelled?

I have in my notes it was canceled. Next status hearing for guardianship was moved Mar 16* last time I saw it posted. I think @Ohmeohmy has been keeping us updated with the court case link. Sorry, I don't have the Idaho court website handy right now.

ETA: It's April 16th, not March, sorry! I do have it correct in my notes, but wrote the wrong month above. :oops:

Last edited:

Yea, I find it strange that we haven't heard from anyone that attended the pool party.
It is possible that LEO know about it, and are asking people to keep a lid on it for now. At least that is what I am hoping.

MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members