Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 17, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *mom arrested* #30

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The photo has been pinpointed to one of the walks at Old Faithful. My wife and I have hiked much of YNP, and despite how far we are from the road, and we’ve done 12 mile loop near Mammoth HS, 9 miles on east side of Grand Canyon of the Yellowstone, 5 mile Avalanche Peak and others. When you think no one’s around and the hair on the back of your neck starts to tingle because you’re in the middle of grizzly territory, sure enough here comes someone hiking back out. We were on Avalanche Trail two years ago immediately following an elk kill just west of us, recommended hiking group of four here due to bears, just my wife and I. We’re excited, but very spooked, in about two miles and here comes this older woman all by her lonesome hiking by herself. We stopped and talked, she had been on the trail the day prior and spotted a snowy owl. She wanted to find it again with her camera. No way I can see AxC and LV even hiking more than 200 yards from the parking lot.
I’m not saying TR couldn’t have been killed in YNP, I’m saying I don’t think she was because there’s always somebody where you would least expect. MOO

Thanks! I think I kind of recognize that now. You go up the hill from Old Faithful and down over a stream whose name I have forgotten. We surprised a bison there two years ago and I was afraid we were going to get trampled. Definitely not an isolated spot though it makes me wonder why LV took that particular photo. To mislead? It's a cute picture and captures how close Tylee and JJ seem to be, but that would require LV to have some feeling toward the kids, and everything else she has said makes that unlikely.

That's a good point about AxC not hiking very far. All my theories do depend on the family group being willing to hike back a bit. Though if that picture was taken near Old Faithful, he had already walked farther than 200 yards. And if you were going to kill somebody and throw them into a hot acid pool to disappear, you wouldn't need two miles of isolation. Two minutes would do it.

(O/T I never hiked the Avalanche Trail but we've been on several others. Once we followed the trail that runs beside the Firehole River from Old Faithful past Morning Glory pool and then to Biscuit Basin. We counted over 30 different kinds of birds on that trip. No elk kill though.)

The photo has been pinpointed to one of the walks at Old Faithful. My wife and I have hiked much of YNP, and despite how far we are from the road, and we’ve done 12 mile loop near Mammoth HS, 9 miles on east side of Grand Canyon of the Yellowstone, 5 mile Avalanche Peak and others. When you think no one’s around and the hair on the back of your neck starts to tingle because you’re in the middle of grizzly territory, sure enough here comes someone hiking back out. We were on Avalanche Trail two years ago immediately following an elk kill just west of us, recommended hiking group of four here due to bears, just my wife and I. We’re excited, but very spooked, in about two miles and here comes this older woman all by her lonesome hiking by herself. We stopped and talked, she had been on the trail the day prior and spotted a snowy owl. She wanted to find it again with her camera. No way I can see AxC and LV even hiking more than 200 yards from the parking lot.
I’m not saying TR couldn’t have been killed in YNP, I’m saying I don’t think she was because there’s always somebody where you would least expect. MOO

Thanks! I think I kind of recognize that now. You go up the hill from Old Faithful and down over a stream whose name I have forgotten. We surprised a bison there two years ago and I was afraid we were going to get trampled. Definitely not an isolated spot though it makes me wonder why LV took that particular photo. To mislead? It's a cute picture and captures how close Tylee and JJ seem to be, but that would require LV to have some feeling toward the kids, and everything else she has said makes that unlikely.

That's a good point about AxC not hiking very far. All my theories do depend on the family group being willing to hike back a bit. Though if that picture was taken near Old Faithful, he had already walked farther than 200 yards. And if you were going to kill somebody and throw them into a hot acid pool to disappear, you wouldn't need two miles of isolation. Two minutes would do it.

(O/T I never hiked the Avalanche Trail but we've been on several others. Once we followed the trail that runs beside the Firehole River from Old Faithful past Morning Glory pool and then to Biscuit Basin. We counted over 30 different kinds of birds on that trip. No elk killed by bears though.)

It is also a poison. It reacts with water and acids. It puts off a toxic gas with water. It's highly toxic if swallowed. Copper sulfate poisoning causes the same symptoms that TD had when she passed.
As I understand, malachite is only poisonous in dust form. Wearing malachite jewelry would not be dangerous.

I have a question that's purely nonjudmental, all curiosity. JJ was only 7. Do most 7 year olds get to facetime all day, every day? I mean we could be talking 20 some facetimes daily. Even if just for 30 seconds. Autism aside, makes me wonder how closely he was monitored. Can anyone with experience with autism weigh in on this? Thanks much. :)
good questions.

As I understand, malachite is only poisonous in dust form. Wearing malachite jewelry would not be dangerous.
Supposedly it's not harmful if polished. Still it is not advisable to get wet. It has a chemical reaction to water. I definitely would not be putting any chips in my mouth either. LOL. When a stone is polished it is just smoothed out. There is no coating applied. So In my professional opinion, I would still be careful with it.

Last edited:
I keep thinking about LVD parents. JJ did say grandmother but did not specifically say which one. I've looked and tried to find anything on them. I can't pinpoint where they even live.IMO Seems like they too thumb their noses at the law. It does seem like they are a pretty tight family though. They all seem to live in the same locations. I haven't seen anything on them on any news reports. So I dont know how much we can say about them. So I will leave it there.
True...we cannot really talk about them...but not much to talk about...they are truly incognito. I have felt all along that JJ only knew ONE set of grandparents....which makes me believe Lori was distant from her folks. However, she was obviously close to Alex, and Alex is on all those tax evasion lawsuits with the parents...so who knows anything... Such a complex piece to this puzzle.
(however I get the sense that one relative sister might be close to them, since both lived in San Tan Valley)

Thanks for summarizing a coherent picture of the pieces we have been discussing. Floating theories and then trying to poke holes in them is one of the parts of Sleuthing that I enjoy best.
I'm not able to poke any holes here, not just because I agree, just not seeing anything in the facts to refute this.
@divineappt was thinking this photo may have been a diversion to make it appear everything was fine. That's possible.

Now, at the same time, additional observations.
Will agree that AxC looks bored as can be. After seeing how calm he was talking to LE just minutes after murdering CV, I'm not sure anything would frazzle him.

Yet, If you had children and had just moved with in a 90 minute drive of YNP, it might make sense to go there (for normal people).
At least from the perspective of getting the children to be more or less compliant for 90 minute drive.
Ok, there are those that think this trip may have involved some sort of "hand off" of TR.
I'll entertain that possibility...
In that scenario, I see 2 kinds of "hand offs", one being "For her own good" and the other being "outright evil".
#1 might include an arranged marriage, weird stuff in the sub-cult, etc.
#2 might be selling her to a cartel or other hideous possibilities where she was guaranteed to not surface again.
For #2 the odds of seeing her again and consequences are essentially the same as if AxC and LVD killed her themselves.

So, just looking at #1, phone records and associations should have borne that out by now.
Unless the FBI is on to some hot lead there, this no longer seems plausible to me.
My guess is that after this photo was taken the only trace of TR was LVD's use of TR's accounts.
Between CV's murder to this photo there as a systematic severing of the Children with the outside world, including family.
There were stories and deceptions planted right up until JJ vanished.
Considering there is ZERO proof that TR was alive after this photo and JJ after the ring cam video, that all points to 1st degree murder.
If there was life insurance on the children, I would hope that is blocked.

Another thought is that what if on this trip, JJ and TR were being told that TR was going off to school the following day?
It would be news to TR... what would be going through her mind? Terrified? right... think about that and then look at the photo again.

Method:
Would AxC be wanting to end TR's life quickly?
Or was he wanting to make her suffer?
(Note, if AxC is the one that murdered at least one of the children, I have no doubt he killed his sister... and that means he probably murdered other people in the past too)
I'd go with fast. Why not drug her? Choke hold. or something along those lines.
He could easily use a gun, but ballastics match or not, that would point to him because of CV's public murder.

What would be the simplest, least risky, because that is the theory I would go with?
Same with JJ, most likely drugged at least to the point of complete unconsiousness and/or poisoned.

Truck? What truck? Is it proven that AxC used his rig for this trip? That would open up other possibilities.
Or was it LVD's or AxC's normal ride?

Bodies:
There are endless miles where it might have went.
But, since AxC isn't so bright, it may have gone to some place convenient.
A scenic overlook? Off the side of a bridge over a high ravine?
Dragged into the woods or dropped down a mountain side near the road?
How many people searching for how many years would that take?
Bodies do turn up, but out there it's about as hard as it gets.
Let's say she was alive but unconscious when they got home...
In that case, she might have been finished off at AxC's place
but again, nothing messy, no blood or body fluids.
Hey, another reason for removing a car seat from the back of the jeep could be
for a container with a body in it. And that container could have been buried anywhere
in the nearly 1,000 miles between Rexburg ID and Chandler AZ.
Maybe there are other storage units in other names. Maybe there is a 55 gal plastic barrel with someone in it buried out in the desert.
Statistically most bodies are found not far from where the murder took place.
But you'd have to have a good idea where that happened to even look.
If you knew exactly what vehicle they had and the YNP cam captured them leaving with TR in the vehicle,
what LE should be asking for is if anyone saw that vehicle stopped along the road, etc.

For JJ, it seems mostly likely he was murdered right there in Rexburg or maybe went for a ride with uncle.
Same thing... some kind of container... most likely buried near where it happened.
The neighbor that helped them move in, did she see or help them bring in plastic containers with their belongings?

If CD were involved in the body disposals it gives many more possibilities.

I think that however the children met their end that it's possible LVD does not know where the bodies went.
So she has nothing to trade for leniency.

Criminals can't think of everything, and so the FBI might be able to find a flaw that leads to at least one body.
Note: Paige Johnson's body just turned up after 10 years!
imo.... i disagree. I feel that Lori was both instrumental and totally involved with the disappearance of those children. Totally.

Being raised Mormon my entire life, I see where you are coming from.

All of these fringe beliefs are blindsiding most of us too, other than those actually involved with these groups.

Giving the sculpture to your sister-in-law is a head scratcher for me. I do know of some members that are a bit extreme in their practices though.

I have seen those that have an unhealthy view where they view it through the myopic view that if you are not an "active" LDS member, that they want nothing to do with you. Not a very christian way to be, but people come in all flavors.

There also seems to be a natural hierarchy for many members, which may help explain some of this. Any male member can be called as a: High Council,Bishop, Mission President, Stake or Branch Presidents, Temple Presidents, Quorom of the Seventy, the Twelve Apostles, First Presidency and the Prophet. There are other important positions too, I've just highlighted some here.

To be called to these positions, is supposed to be a matter of Prayer and fasting in theory. In practice though, from an outside view (MOO), I've observed the following:

- Active members that attend all church meetings (3 hour block, recently changed to 2 hr block).

- All of these positions are held by those with active Temple recommends.

- Typically, these men have all served full-time honorable missions.

- These positions are held by men that are in a happy, healthy marriage. I've yet to see a man that is divorced or single hold these positions.

- At least State side it seems that many of these positions are filled by people that are in white collar jobs.It is rare to have a farmer called to be a Bishop or Stake President (both local callings), although there are a lot of farmers here in Idaho.

- There seems to be certain sins that will keep you from receiving certain positions in the church. Part of this is because certain sins keep you from having a Temple recommend. Although, there are certain past sins that would also keep you out of very high callings in the church. - MOO

- Those that get called to the Quorom of the 70's are typically very successful in there chosen careeers (Again made up of White collar workers). The majority of them hold Masters Degrees or equivalent (PhD, Doctorates, etc.).

- When one of the twelve apostles are replaced, they are called from among those in the Quorom of the 70's. When the Prophet passes away, the first counselor becomes the new prophet. At this point it is based on seniority.

There seems to be an unspoken atmosphere that if you aren't getting higher callings over time, you must not be living right. There are many that actively pursue to follow this natural progression in the Church.

I find the trends disturbing, even if this may not be intentional, and is largely influenced by the culture we live in. Many of these men that I have met are very humble and do their best.

There are those that I have met though, that are very prideful, and boastful. They do this to gain glory from the world, and these are the ones that concern me. I think that would describe Chad. He was on this path, and from what we can see he seems to be very prideful and boastful.

Being married to men in these positions, elevates your position among certain members. Their wives are typically looked up to, and are seen, as an authority figure. Their poor children, are looked up to as role models for their peers.

I can see, with the wrong attitude, how dangerous this attitude can be, Especially when you introduce all of these crazy fringe beliefs to someone who already has a big ego. It's like pouring gasoline on dynamite and lighting a match. Boom!

I am painting a picture with a broad brush, so others personal experiences could certainly be different from my own. I thought that this may be helpful to have some insight into some of the dynamics that may have influenced what we are now seeing.

Hope this helps with CD and LVD, and gives some valuable insight.
MOO
wow.... i really do want to get back to you...but getting tired already tonight! I have so many questions.... thanks.

i so agree.... I feel she was killed on the trip back from ynp to rexburg... even though we have no pictures of their exit. If we ever do, and she is not seen in some vehicle..then I am even more certain that another individual was involved. imo

VV, a few chapters ago there was some back and forth. I remember one sleuther mentioning it may refer to Cap’n Quint from Jaws, MOO.
But we also discussed some reference to some comedian who fit. But he supposedly was a gambler as well as a comedian so could have been both or either.

I think the answer is pretty simple: She acquired some inexpensive pieces, off the rack and quickly delivered. Maybe it was Amazon, but stretch floral lace pieces (gowns, tops, etc) are very inexpensive, widely available, and off the rack. She ordered a 3/4 sleeve pull-on top or bodysuit, a white poly crepe maxi, a scoop cap-sleeve cami or slip, and then added some tulle to create interest. She created a pretty outfit that, like the ring, cost very little.

For some reason, I'm fascinated by the wedding outfits and by the conversations about them. But, I think the real point is this: This wedding was rushed.

. . . and cheap! Nothing wrong with that, but out of character for the “queen”.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
elementpro