Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 17, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *mom arrested* #32

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks to RexburgSleuth for doing the heavy lifting on this and Onsdag for reminding us of it and including the link. I am including screen grabs of what I believe RexburgSleuth and Onsdag are referring to as possible groups as well as some earlier shots that I think are possibilities. I have pasted the timestamp into the grabs to make it easier for folks to go back to the original.
I haven't looked closely at those, so I don't know about them. Here is what I'm seeing and believe to be them. Circled in red is Lori's group. Circled in blue are other passers-by unrelated to the group, only highlighted for reference. As you watch the video keep your eye on the people who I circled in red and watch their behaviors and you'll clearly see that there are four of them and they are all part of the same group in spite of separating later on.

ETA: Quoting myself from the previous thread to help bring context forward to explain what might be going on:

Video feed cuts in at 11:18:53 (15:36 on YouTube) and in the bottom left corner you see two adults emerge from the trees walking away from the camera. The first one appears to be Alex, as he's wearing a dark jacket and blue jeans, like we see in the photo. The second person appears to be Lori and they are wearing a dark hoodie with a white emblem on the front and white pants. In the photo of her we only see her upper body, but she's wearing a dark hoodie and you can barely make out a white emblem on the front, which is mostly covered by her hair.

At 11:18:56 [Lori] stops, turns around facing the camera, and waits for two [children] to catch up. It is here where you can see the white emblem on the front of her dark hoodie. At 11:18:59 [Alex] stops and turns around also. At this point the two [children] emerge from the trees also. The first one appears to be JJ as he's wearing a darkish [green?] sweater and dark shorts (you can see his calves), as seen in the photo. The second appears to be Tylee as she's wearing a light grey jacket. Where I'm uncertain is it looks like she's also wearing light grey pants, whereas in the photo Tylee is wearing black pants.

At 11:19:00 [Tylee] and [JJ] catch up to [Lori] whereupon she turns back around and begins walking again. Seconds later, at 11:19:04 [Alex] turns back around and begins walking again. This shows that these four are definitely together as a group. At this point two other adults emerge from behind the same trees, just behind the group of four.

From 11:19:13 to 11:19:30 it's hard to make out what is happening. The group of four pass behind the next set of trees, followed quickly by the group of two. As they emerge it appears that the group of two are bypassing the group of four. Yet it no longer appears to be a group of four but rather a group of three...?

Up until the video feed is interrupted at 11:20:06 I can't make sense of what I'm looking at. The group of two hurriedly make their way far ahead of what is supposed to be the group of four. But it seems quite clear that the group of four is now a group of three...

Ok, I've watched it several more times now and I've figured it out! It has become a group of three. The three are [Lori], [Tylee], and [JJ], and they continue on ahead until the feed is interrupted. [Alex], for whatever reason, stops at 11:19:13 behind the tree and appears to bend down. He stays hidden in this position until 11:19:53, a good 40 seconds, when he finally gets back up and continues walking forward at a leisurely pace. What's he doing? Tying his shoes? Looking at something? Collecting some nasty swamp goop for future use? o_O

Whatever he's doing nobody seems to have noticed, except [Lori] who turns around briefly at 11:19:23 to look at him and then continues walking forward with the [children].

Attachments

• 01.png
    01.png
    514 KB · Views: 210
  • 02.png
    02.png
    503.5 KB · Views: 208
  • 03.png
    03.png
    509.4 KB · Views: 199
  • 04.png
    04.png
    518 KB · Views: 183
  • 05.png
    05.png
    512.1 KB · Views: 185
  • 06.png
    06.png
    511.1 KB · Views: 179
  • 07.png
    07.png
    515.8 KB · Views: 148
Last edited:
Morgan Loew Interview Transcript (videos linked at end) Note - the part about JC's phone contact with JJ on October 1st is not in these videos.

JC = Janis Cox
SS = Summer Shiflet

JC: Well we have a goal. So we’re just gonna do our goal. Tell the truth.

Why do you think it’s important to sit down and do this interview?

SS: I think it’s important because Lori has been portrayed a particular way in the media this far as a monster, a heartless villain that’s just after money, and that couldn’t be further from the truth of who she really is. I think it’s unfair that she’s been treated the way that she has been and I’m really hoping that by us speaking out that people might soften their hearts a little bit towards her, and help see that she’s really a loving, sweet, warm person, and she’s more beautiful on the inside than she is on the outside. She’s just a loving wonderful person.

How difficult has this been for you?

JC: It’s probably the worst thing that has ever happened in our family. I hate to see it like this. I know the truth about Lori. I know how loving she is. I don’t have the answers about the children. I love those two kids with all my heart. Tylee and JJ. They’re two of the loves of my life. And I know that Lori has always protected them. If everyone knew how far she had gone to protect them, their whole lives, I don’t know where the children are but she felt like she was keeping them safe, that’s the impression she gave us.

You’re her mom and she cut off communication and you don’t know where your grandchildren are. That just, that’s gotta seem strange.

JC: It does, but she did say, she said ‘I’m not going to be able to tell you everything’. She did have some major fears, that were real, to her. She didn’t share them all with me. She felt like, in her mind, that she was protecting us, in her mind, but it didn’t turn out that way. I did talk to a friend of hers in Hawaii, that was a mutual friend, and she said, she said she was gonna see her at church, Lori was going to go to church in Kauai, and I said well if you talk to her tell her that her mom thinks she should put the kids in a room with today’s date, take a picture, and send it to the police. Please, that’s my advice, as her mother. That would solve a lot of problems.

Why won’t she do it?

JC: I don’t know. And to me, that’s what I would do.

Summer, do you think that she is guilty of the things that she is accused of?

SS: No. No I don’t. Not even a little bit. I know for a fact that she did not conspire to kill Charles, in any way, shape or form, I spent a lot of time with Lori and Alex um leading up to Charles’ death and I know that there was never any kind of discussion like that about it. Charles texted probably 20 or 30 times ranging from ‘I swear I’ll be nice, please call me’ to ‘your end is coming soon’. So I saw a lot of threatening texts from him. If Alex hadn’t have been there I think Lori and Tylee would have been on the news for a very different reason.

You asked Alex to go to the house that morning?

SS: Yes I did. I asked Alex um the day before Charles was coming, if he would please go, stay with Lori um he said Lori’s going to be fine, she can call me if she needs me, and I said please, I have a very sick feeling in my stomach, please just go stay there. I was going out of town, and I didn’t feel safe, um with Charles coming into town after the things I had read, um so I said will you please just go stay there and if you’re then then maybe nothing will happen. And that’s what I thought. I thought it would just be a deterrent from trouble.

What was your reaction when you heard what happened that morning?

SS: Shock. I think they were in shock, I was in shock, I found out er Friday evening and um I was in shock that that had transpired, but I was very grateful also because I know that um it would have had a very different outcome had Alex not been there. And I’m sad that that happened, I didn’t want that to happen, I feel for his family, um I understand what it feels like to lose a brother, it’s not fun, um, and so I don’t wish that on them by any means, but he was here with an agenda, he was here causing the trouble, she was not trying to go after him, he was here bugging her.

Janis, Alex was your son, and he has been described as the family hitman.

JC: (Laughs) I can’t help but laugh. Alex is the most laid back person. He’s been funny his whole life. He was protective of, very protective of Colby and Tylee. Very protective. He said I tasered a paedophile, and so he said I’m willing to admit it, he’s he’s always owned up to anything he’s done wrong. He certainly wasn’t perfect. But he doesn’t have the intensity of a hitman. He doesn’t have the desire to be hit…he doesn’t think that death solves anything.

When’s the last time you communicated with Tylee?

SS: August, before they moved was the last time I saw her. And then I texted with her a couple of times but the last time I texted with her was September 24th on her birthday, and she responded and said ‘thank you Summy, love you, happy birthday to you too’.

And that date is significant because the FBI said she has not been seen since the beginning of September. Do you believe that that was Tylee who was texting you back?

SS: I don’t really have any way to know. Um, I like to believe that it is, um, but I, I really don’t have any way to know, it could be either way, but as far as I know it was her. Um, I don’t have any reason to think otherwise.

Are you defending Lori because she’s your daughter, and she’s your sister, or are you defending her because you really think that she did nothing wrong?

JC: We really think that she did nothing wrong. She’s had some bad judgement. She’s married a few men that we didn’t care for.

SS: She’ll be the first to say..

JC: Yeah, she’s made mistakes.

SS: She’s made a lot of mistakes and she’s paid high prices for those mistakes. She is a very humble person. She doesn’t blame other people, she takes responsibility for herself.

So what is the scenario that Tylee and JJ are still alive?

JC: Well to us we believe they are because we know Lori. And that’s…we have seen her dedication. His mother had been drug, drug mother, he was born addicted to drugs, and he only weighed 1 lb 9 oz. They didn’t know of course then that he was autistic. But she was dedicated to him from the moment he came home.

Are they in a bunker somewhere? Are they with friends? Where do you think they are?

SS: We don’t know. We wish we, we wish we knew. We don’t know. But we also don’t know what Lori has been through, she was being threatened, she was being followed, um she had reasons for doing what she did, and we don’t know everything that she’s been through or why she’s doing things the way that she’s doing them now.

Who was threatening her?

SS: Well, um, Kay was threatening her, um.

JC: And her brothers. They were very upset about Charles’ death. There was a lot of threats made to Lori.

SS: I feel like Kay could have handled this uh a lot of different ways, and she could have gone and filed in court for JJ she could have done things a lot of ways. She did this very strategically and deliberately um this is somebody who’s hurting and in pain because she’s lost her brother and I understand that but this is a revenge situation, this is not a, um, this is something that could have been settled much quieter and calmly, and it didn’t have to get to this level. Lori is the legal parent of both Tylee and JJ. She has a right to live wherever she wants to live and raise them and not include anybody in their lives that she doesn’t feel is good for them, that’s her right as a parent. She should not be forced to do any of the things that she’s been asked to do. That’s not, it’s not okay.

Have you asked your sister where the kids are?

SS: No. I’ve talked to her a couple of times, um the first time I talked to her, everything is recorded, and I know she can’t tell me, and I don’t want to put her in a position that’s gonna make anything worse for her, um, I want her to know I love her and I support her and she knows I love her and the kids. But I did tell her we were worried about her and the kids the first time I spoke with her, and she said to me ‘you know me and you know I’ve always taken care of my kids’. And I do know that. I do know that, it’s removed every doubt in my mind that she’s done anything wrong. I know she wouldn’t do that, that’s just not who she is and her children are everything, she’s always put them first, above everything, every fight she ever had with Charles was about how he treated Tylee and if he was not kind to Tylee she would leave the house and say if you can’t get along with Tylee we’re not staying here.

All she would need to was show proof that the kids are alive, and are well. Can you understand why she is refusing to do that?

JC: You know it seems simple, it did to me, that’s why when I was talking to her friend, I said if you see her, just tell her, that’s what I would do, that’s my advice. But I don’t know what she knows. All I know is the woman that she is. I did not see any great change in Lori. I think the only change that happened was when she found out Charles was cheating on her, that ruined that marriage. Before she accused Charles of cheating he never said one bad word about Lori ever. Not once.

SS: Never.

JC: He never said anything, then he started all of this ‘she thinks she’s god’, tried to get her excommunicated from the church,

SS: Took JJ.

JC: He went to, he went to attorneys, and said ‘I’m scared for my life’. The whole time he was texting us, calling us trying to get Lori back. Finally he said tell Lori I’ll drop all the court proceedings if she’ll just come back and talk to me.

Do you think she’s in a cult?

JC: No.

SS: No.

JC: No.

JC: We don’t.

I’ve spoken to people who live near Chad and they say ‘we follow Chad’. They look at Chad like he is some sort of messiah.

Cut from long interview but found in short video:

JC: We can’t see Lori blindly following anybody. Can you?

JC: No. We can’t see it.

SS: Some people can do that if that’s what they choose to do. They’re entitled to their religious freedom and belief, that’s the great thing about our country, we have religious freedom and you can believe whatever you choose to believe. He, I don’t know Chad very well. I’ve only met him one time. I’ve never heard anything about him self-proclaiming to be a prophet, or anything else of that nature, or trying to get people to follow him. But if somebody chooses to do that on their you know, on their own, that’s their choice, I certainly wouldn’t ever do that, I, I follow the teachings of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints they might be misguided in their thoughts or thinking but I don’t think it makes them bad people.

You don’t think that Chad brainwashed her?

JC: No! (laughing) No! He couldn’t do it. That’s not possible. It wouldn’t be possible. We can’t speak intelligently about Chad and Lori, um, I think that you know when you don’t have any understanding, we didn’t know anything about it, we didn’t know they, we learned they got married on the news. Right? So we didn’t know.

SS: Yeah, We didn’t know. We’ve never been invited to any of Lori’s weddings. So this was not unusual for us.

JC: Well we were invited, we didn’t go to any. (laughs)

SS: Well I’ve never been invited to one, but that’s fine.

How has this last year affected your family?

JC: It’s been devastating. It’s been devastating. We’ve had a family that loved each other, that did everything together, we loved each other through good and bad, we had wonderful parties, they were all very clean, Charles said I’ve never been to a party before without drinking, he didn’t think it could be fun, he was fun at the parties, all of us had a great time, we knew that there were, you know, we all know each other’s imperfections, but we were very close. It’s been devastating not to see Tylee and JJ in such a long time. We love(d?) them so much. (4:02 in video of the 4:52 short video) And it’s been devastating not to see Lori. And it’s, it was hard to hear about Alex, from the police. We didn’t know he’d gotten married, we didn’t know he’d moved back to Arizona, that was very hard. So it’s affected every part of our family.

Is it fair to criticize her for being in paradise in Hawaii while there’s a manhunt on for her kids? I mean, that just, that didn’t look good.

JC: It didn’t look good. I agree, we agree. We didn’t like the way it looked, but we knew that she, they weren’t missing to her. That’s a whole difference if your children are missing-missing, or if they’re not missing to, to her.

SS: Yes, she wasn’t like ‘oh my kids are missing I’m gonna go on a vacation, that’s a very different scenario,

JC: But it’s still, it’s still hard to see because we know how much Tylee and JJ love Lori. They want to be with their mom. JJ would say all the time “Just Mom, just Mom, I want Mom”, he touches Mom. So I don’t like the fact that they’re separated. I don’t like that. But I don’t know what the reason is and it could be a wonderful reason. And maybe she’ protecting them from something terrible. I don’t know. But I do know that, I have faith in her as a mother that she’s doing the best she knows how for her children.

Is there any part of the dark recesses of your minds that say ‘maybe she cracked, and maybe this is not going to end up well’?

JC: We have gone through those scenarios probably a hundred times.

SS: If something has happened to those children it is not by her doing. And it’s not by her permission to do something. There is no way that she did anything to them. There’s just no way.

JC: We know her well enough to know that. We know that. And she couldn’t crack enough to do harm to her children. I’ve never seen anyone who put their whole life and soul into a child like she did. With each one of those kids.

Interesting that this interview happens immediately after the bond hearing which failed to produce a reduction.

I'm guessing the Cox tribe conversation went something like this:

"No luck on the bail reduction, so what to do, what to do. Chat with Chad about posting the required fee, then combine hard assets to come up with enough collateral to secure a bond? Or dress up, put on full makeup, and one's very best 'religious freedom warrior-sister' and ' "Oh, goodness, NO, she'd never do THAT" giggling mom' demeanors and do a television interview?"

Their choice speaks volumes about the depth of their trust in Lori.

Last edited:
Documents sent by Chad Daybell reveal so-called 'past lives' of Lori Vallow When perusing some of Chad’s religious writings, whether his “train dream”, or imaginative accounts of his and Lori’s past lives, I never fail to be slightly amused by their embellished quality. However, this newest release (per Justin Lum) re: his and Lori’s “family” of 7 children really smacks of a poorly written teen novel: son number 4: “16, tall, high school quarterback”; daughter #5: “one of the Dream Girls”. Hmm..

Agree but even worse, Chad’s imagined son (16, tall, high sch QB) and daughter (Dream Girl) are real people. Off the scale creepy IMO.

The part where Summer says she spent a lot of time with Lori and Alex before Charles' death sound suspicious to me. If evidence really exists linking Lori to Charles' death (as was hinted in the media), then (IMO) Summer knows more about it than she's letting on.

Without medication? We don't know that. Without financial support? We don't know that either. Lori might be able to say that she gave a lump sum to a caregiving family and will settle up on the other end. Remote location? We don't know where they are. Voluntarily? It's clear that young Tylee loves JJ like a mom. If she could be convinced he was in harm's way, then maybe she could be coerced into hiding with him. This is a discussion forum and I believe Kona has brought forth some very compelling arguments.

I would assume LE is/has reviewed financial records. If they find SSA deposits, but don't find any payments to others for the care, education and support, that could be a problem. If she gave a lump sum to a caregiving family, I hope she has proof. Maybe a contract? Temp guardianship paperwork, what happens if one of the children get sick and needs care? Who is responsible for major medical decisions, medication, appropriate education? I agree, it's possible, but there are a lot i's and t's that would need to be dotted and crossed and I don't see any evidence of that happening. I agree this is the narrative the CFMs are trying to project, but absolutely no verifiable evidence has been produced.

TITLE 18
CRIMES AND PUNISHMENTS
CHAPTER 4
ABANDONMENT OR NONSUPPORT OF WIFE OR CHILDREN
18-401. DESERTION AND NONSUPPORT OF CHILDREN OR SPOUSE. Every person who:
(1) Having any child under the age of eighteen (18) years dependent upon him or her for care, education or support, deserts such child in any manner whatever, with intent to abandon it;

Reporters in several states have been digging into the dark and light corners of this case but have not (afaik) reported evidence of threats against Lori and/or her children. We've seen text messages, emails and legal documents (not all but a good portion)... is there mention of a threat that I've missed? Are ALL the reporters in a conspiracy to keep any evidence of this hidden? (JMO but from what I've seen/read so far... I don't believe threats existed)

In this case I think 'threats' is very subjective. We've got's Kays comments and here emails texts reported by CBS yesterday. But I don't think we hav anything on the "brothers".

But Tylee is a 4.1D - seems like it doesn't jive.

CD was the person who assigned that 4.1D to TR and he did it before CV was dead. In the legend to that family history, CD stated that a person can change from light to dark or dark to light in a single lifetime.

I would imagine CD or LD might have some ideas about how CD's lover's 16 yr-old daughter home on the morning of CV's final visit might be able to accomplish changing from 4.1D to 4.1L on that very day. Just spitballing' here, but IMO complicity in LD's lies probably fit the bill.

There’s just so much good stuff to analyze in that interview.

It’s a close family but neither mother nor sister attend any weddings of Lori.

It’s a close family but they didn’t know of Lori’s marriage to Chad until it was on the news.

It’s a close family but they barely mention missing Tylee and JJ, nor do they speak much about the loss of Alex.

I wonder how SS’ husband feels upon learning that Chad rated him a big fat D. Funny how the spouses seem to be Ds. You’d think all these Ls would be better at finding L partners.

I think in the Book of Chad, Ls are made, not found.

Is the snow starting to melt so that a search and recover can be implemented? I believe the children were dropped in the acid pools out there. No trace will be found. But maybe some small article of clothing, personal things were accidentally dropped along the walk to the pools.
Sick. The entire lot of them. No matter what they believe, it’s what they did that is important. No excuse in my mind justifies death of all these related people, last but not least, the children.
Tyler was never seen again after that date but jj was, unless they went.back there and did him in there also.

CD was the person who assigned that 4.1D to TR and he did it before CV was dead. In the legend to that family history, CD stated that a person can change from light to dark or dark to light in a single lifetime.

I would imagine CD or LD might have some ideas about how CD's lover's 16 yr-old daughter home on the morning of CV's final visit might be able to accomplish changing from 4.1D to 4.1L on that very day. Just spitballing' here, but IMO complicity in LD's lies probably fit the bill.

Yes, I know it was CD. His Family History document also says 4.1 and above have made covenants to their side. They rarely switch sides. Justin Lum implies the 5 people backed out may be people that don't know they were on this list of children. If Tylee was on the list why black it out? Maybe it's one of Chad's nieces? Maybe they are blacked out because they are minors not in the news? It's all so weird!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member