Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 17, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *mom arrested* #33

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why is there no crying tears emoji??

These videos have been the hardest, of everything, for me to watch. Seeing Charles so concerned about his children, wondering about his recourse with a spouse he's afraid had gone so far off the deep end she may hurt his children. And to know that she (and her accomplices) killed him, and probably did the same to those kids he's so worried about. Ugh!!!! :mad:

I assume this nephew is the one speaking out on Twitter against his aunts, but I can't believe he hasn't mentioned that HE WAS THERE for at least some of this drama! I'll be watching to see what hits his feed in the next few days.

I was surprised Charles indicated this had been going on for 4-5 YEARS (obviously not to this extent, but he's been concerned). And going to the temple daily, totally bizarre.

I was right in guessing that GB held a position of authority in CVs congregation. He was reaching out for help as one would expect. Heartbreaking.

This makes me angrier at the officers on the morning shift acting all shady about the psych eval.

Also, I'm pretty sure while he's trying to kick in the door he jokes, "this isn't going to end up on tv?" *Insert bawling emoji*

And he mentions Bailey almost never barks due to his training. That *may* explain why we don't hear him July 11?

ETA: Charles may not have known that CD was based in ID (at this point). That could be why he says UT. Or, he could certainly mean the larger group(s), or even just their affiliation with Mormonism.

These videos have been the hardest, of everything, for me to watch. Seeing Charles so concerned about his children, wondering about his recourse with a spouse he's afraid had gone so far off the deep end she may hurt his children. And to know that she (and her accomplices) killed him, and probably did the same to those kids he's so worried about. Ugh!!!! :mad:

I assume this nephew is the one speaking out on Twitter against his aunts, but I can't believe he hasn't mentioned that HE WAS THERE for at least some of this drama! I'll be watching to see what hits his feed in the next few days.

I was surprised Charles indicated this had been going on for 4-5 YEARS (obviously not to this extent, but he's been concerned). And going to the temple daily, totally bizarre.

I was right in guessing that GB held a position of authority in CVs congregation. He was reaching out for help as one would expect. Heartbreaking.

This makes me angrier at the officers on the morning shift acting all shady about the psych eval.

Also, I'm pretty sure while he's trying to kick in the door he jokes, "this isn't going to end up on tv?" *Insert bawling emoji*

And he mentions Bailey almost never barks due to his training. That *may* explain why we don't hear him July 11?

ETA: Charles may not have known that CD was based in ID (at this point). That could be why he says UT. Or, he could certainly mean the larger group(s), or even just their affiliation with Mormonism.
Do you think they would let a dark spirit (TR) take care of a light spirit (JJ) imo as to why I don't think Tylee is watching JJ

I totally agree. It is getting increasingly hard to believe they are safe. But she has not actually had any opportunity to present her case yet. Once she got arrested the advice she would have received would be to not say a word for good reason. Even saying the kids are safe could be incriminating at this point. And if they truly are, she will get off with little more that a $1000 fine for lying to the police.

At this point, producing the kids is really no longer an option. But if they trul are safe, producing a video with Tylee saying Hi guys, we're good, my mom did not harm us while holding today's paper could be extremely embarrassing for many.

For me, I just keep coming back to the fact that the FBI, among MANY other agencies, deem the kids to be missing and have found absolutely NO trace of them. I just don’t think Lori and Chad can pull off some secret disappearance of the kids and leave NO trace!

I agree with other posters that the thought process was no body, no crime. Otherwise, surely there would be some trace evidence to follow? MOO

Yes I just finished watching this morning. They are beyond reality at this point too JMO I wanted him to ask.......” since Lori did such a good job of hiding the kids why didn’t she go with them?” If she loves them she would have and she would be beyond persecution. No one would have found her yet. Makes no sense she just didn’t “hide” them!

I thought he joked that "it's not as easy as on TV, is it?" But I could have misheard him.

Also, in regards to the Church, I'm pretty sure that's not what he was talking about when he said "Utah people." He told the officer that he was a member of the Church and that Lori's beliefs just didn't make sense and was crazy, even for him. He also brought along his bishop as a witness and for help, which shows he still trusted the Church and its leaders. MOO.

I thought he said he knew the dog wasn't there because he didn't hear him barking. He then said something to the effect that he is a well trained service dog that does not bark much.

I thought he joked that "it's not as easy as on TV, is it?" But I could have misheard him.

Also, in regards to the Church, I'm pretty sure that's not what he was talking about when he said "Utah people." He told the officer that he was a member of the Church and that Lori's beliefs just didn't make sense and was crazy, even for him. He also brought along his bishop as a witness and for help, which shows he still trusted the Church and its leaders. MOO.

Didn't CV say at one point that Lori was reading things? I think I was surmising that CV figured out that Utah was the place the weird apostate ideas were coming from, specifically because he looked at the publication data on the front page of a book, or a "Contact Us"/"FAQ" segment somewhere.

I may have also misheard! Your guess sounds just as reasonable.

I didn't mean that Charles said Utah to insinuate it was some nefarious Mormon plot. Just that they were an extreme group of Mormons (assuming he still believed his daily-temple-attending wife was Mormon), and so he may have just assumed the group was out of Utah. She may have even justified herself to him by saying "these books are sold at Deseret Book!" and someone would more likely guess Utah than Idaho when discussing a group pushing any Mormon theology.

"Utah people" - could there have been a conference or gathering of some sort, of PAP or AVOW groupies, in Utah? That Lori attended and Charles knew about, but didn't care to explain any more about it? MOO?

Where does the woman he was making podcasts with live?

"Utah people" - could there have been a conference or gathering of some sort, of PAP or AVOW groupies, in Utah? That Lori attended and Charles knew about, but didn't care to explain any more about it? MOO?

I'm thinking an individual teacher of some significance to many members/followers of these groups. Perhaps one of those that was excommunicated in recent years.

There is a word that keeps coming up associated with many of the people connected indirectly to this case, "warrior." One place of course is the podcast Lori was on was called "Warrior Up." But I keep running into it in other places. I wonder, is that a common term used in the LDS church? Or maybe in the prepper community?

A very small transcript, about a minute long, from the first video (about 2:30mins to 3:20mins):

31st Jan 2019

Officer: So she’s speaking as a spiritual being?

Charles Vallow: She’s not here, she’s lost her reality.

O: Is this just all recent or has it been going on?

CV: It’s been going on for about 4 or 5 years, it’s gotten really, really bad lately. She goes to the temple every day and speaks with Moroni and Jesus Christ and they tell her what to do. And now she came here today and last couple days she says I’m not Charles, uh ‘you’re not Charles, you’re Nick Schneider’. I don’t know where she gets these names from. She’s got all this stuff, these people in Utah who tell her how many past lives she’s had, and probations she’s had, and she was married to Moroni back way back when, she was also married to James the Just in a…

O: Okay this is all foreign to me.

CV: It’s just as foreign to me…

O: Well I’m not LDS

CV: It’s crazy stuff.

O: And are you using LDS terms here?

CV: Yes, but it’s just she’s, she’s non-sensical.

BBM
Charles talks about this going on for 4 or 5 years and this was in January of 2019. Looking back at the detailed timeline, Chad had a voice tell him to move to Rexburg in February of 2015 and then they actually moved in June of 2015. It is very likely that "these people in Utah" was Chad. He was still in Utah 4 years prior to this incident. MOO

I thought he said he knew the dog wasn't there because he didn't hear him barking. He then said something to the effect that he is a well trained service dog that does not bark much.
Yes, your representation is more accurate. Thanks for the fact check--the specifics are important.

It was comforting to hear Charles refer to JJ and Tylee as his children - never did he say it was his wife's daughter by a previous marriage. Never did he refer to JJ as a drug baby that he adopted. JJ and Tylee were his children - no extra explanations needed. It was his son and his daughter. He seems like such a kind man. I believe Charles knows where his kids are now and he is looking out for JJ and Tylee. JMO

So. Lori was going to the Temple daily. While that doesn't necessarily mean she has a temple recommend (I think you can access parts of it no matter what) it still shows the importance placed on Temples. Jmo
You have to have a recommend to do pretty much anything at the temple. Unless she was just going onto the grounds (meaning, the grass outside, or to walk on the sidewalk), but that's not what it sounded like to me. You would only expect to "speak" (commune/pray) with God/Jesus/anyone unearthly inside certain places in the temple. Even most who work at the temple are usually only there max a few times a week. Going daily is very unusual, and if she'd been doing that for years or months?? Most of what goes on inside takes a couple hours, it would be such a huge time commitment with children it's mind boggling.

It speaks of zealotry or scrupulosity (MOO).

ETA official wording: "those who do not have a current temple recommend are welcome on temple grounds, and most temples have a room where they can wait while family members are being sealed." But literally this room is just that--a waiting room. No one would go in to just sit there, you would be expected to be waiting for others to come out of whatever they were doing, and sitting in there daily, there's almost zero chance. There are workers everywhere asking you where you're headed so they can show you where to go, you would not go unnoticed.

Last edited:
Since she has hidden her daughter once before, does anyone think there is a sliver of hope that she is hiding them now? Her daughter is much older now but she might go along with this to take care of her brother. Would Lori do this just to spite the in-laws who might want custody of her son?
As much as I am sickened by the way LVD is handling this, I DO believe she has been hiding them this whole time. I doubt they are even in danger. I think she’s just one of those women who will play the game because she can.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member