Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 17, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *mom arrested* #33

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What was in the news reports? She knew her before the podcasts? Ive seen nothing that supports that notion, Do you have anything that indicates she knew her before the podcasts?

i do recall discussions way back that somehow indicated the friendship of Zulema, Melanie and Lori. And Zulema and Melanie lived quite close to each other. Wish I could find reference....have not found it yet..

Not exactly sure when they met, but I absolutely believe they became close.

MG was close enough to Lori to support her enough to go with her to the police station over Charles.

MG was close enough that Chad called and asked her to lie about having the children.

IMO, MG knows things that will substantiate everything that Charles, Brandon, and Ian have said.

MG’s perspective will be pretty explosive. MOO

Your info, Gigi, is actually more enticing than Nate's fancy promo.

Last edited:
If she truly believed that and her thinking was so messed up at the time, that's an insanity defense for sure. Idaho may not have it but Arizona does.

I'm not convinced she is insane. But if she conspired with Alex to get rid of Charles I think we need a good rational motive and I'm not seeing it. Someone who is irrational cannot easily enlist co-conspirators.

We are all assuming L&C were a couple by that time. The easy was out is to let Charles divorce her, take half of everything they had, give him full custody of JJ, and move to Idaho to give herself to Chad daily. I can see how she may have wanted Tammy out of teh picture and conspired with someone to get rid of her. But getting rid of Charles makes little sense. It's not liek the woman was unfamiliar with divorce.

If she thought she'd get more from life insurance than from a divorce that might be motive. But I think that issue is hardly settled. I don't think we have a definitive answer on Charles's state of residence at death. I know there is a probate filing in Texas by a business creditor that claims he is a Texas resident but we do not know if he had sufficiently established Texas residency to give Texas jurisdiction. I've stated before that if he ends up legally being declared an Arizona residence, she will get most of his estate including much of that life insurance policy. Regardless of whether that is true, if she BELIEVED that then it could be motive. But if she allowed the divorce to go through in Arizona where Charles filed, she'd still get half AND be gone of JJ.

So while I agree Lori does not seem to be acting rationally, any co-conspritors would probably have pointed these things out to her. So if she conspired with someone like Alex, what did he get out of it?

None of this makes any sense!

I feel the insurance money was much more enticing, than a lot of Charles' debt.

We saw Chad's email of the "7 missions" that Chad and Lori had to accomplish together. So, as of Jan 2019, those were very lofty plans, and I firmly believe that Charles insurance, and Tammy's insurance were intended to fund those missions.

And April says that Lori was discussing Charles' demise, while Lori was "hiding out" in Hawaii in Jan 2019.

I do believe as of Jan 2019, all was in the plan...except for Kay's determination, and Brandon driving faster than that bullet.

I think MG may be how Lori and Chad met. He then came to a Mesa conference IIRC. Will re check the timeline. MOO.

From the timeline linked in post 1.

June 2017 – Family members say Lori and Chad first met sometime around June 2017 (Daily Mail).

Summer of 2017 – Chad meets author and podcaster, Melanie Gibb (MG), for the first time after he speaks at a campout in Northern Utah. MG invites him to speak in her hometown of Mesa, Arizona (Chad's Forward for MG's book).

24 Sept 2017 – Tylee’s 15th birthday. Lori posts a “happy birthday” message to her on Instagram that mentions Perry High School in Gilbert, AZ. @lolo4kauai on Instagram: “My Beautiful daughter turned 15 today ! Happy birthday Ty Ty !! I love you so much!!! JJ says "hi Tylee Ryan Perry High School " ”

Dec 2017 – Lori and Chad made their first appearance together on a podcast (Daily Mail)

June 2018 – Chad finishes writing his “Times of Turmoil” book series and "felt prompted" to speak about the book in AZ in July. He contacts author Melanie Gibb and MG arranges a joint speaking event with Chad and another speaker (Chad’s blog).

3 June 2018 – Tylee creates a 2nd Roblox account under username “Tyleearyan”. Profile - Roblox

7 June 2018 – Tylee joins Wattpad; Her location is shown as Chandler, AZ. Tylee Ryan (@TyleeRyan) - Wattpad

27 June 2018 – Chad announces a book signing on his blog for his book “Reclaiming Liberty”, the last book in his “Times of Turmoil”series.

30 June 2018 – Chad holds a book signing in Sugar City, ID (Chad’s blog It’s finally here! | cdaybell.com).

13 July 2018 – Chad speaks at an event in Mesa, AZ with another author and he has a book signing after; This event was arranged by Chad’s author friend, Melanie Gibb (Websleuths Verified Insider).

25 July 2018 – Tylee adds song “watch” by Billie Eilish to her Youtube channel. This appears to be her last activity on Youtube. tylee ryan

24 Sept 2018 – Tylee’s 16th birthday.

Sept 2018 - Chad starts speaking on a podcast called "Glimpses Through the Veil" (Podcast website & Event Flyers).

15 Sept 2018 - Chad speaks at a prepper event in Brigham City, Utah (Event Flyers).

26-27 Oct 2018 - Chad speaks at a prepper event in St George, Utah (Event Flyers).

16-17 Nov 2018 Chad speaks at a prepper event in Mesa, AZ (Event Flyers).

Late 2018 – Lori and Chad met at a “prepper event” in AZ where Chad gave a talk. (Dateline).

Nov 2018 – Brenda Dye is elected to her position as Fremont Co Coroner. She has a high school education and works as an advanced EMT at Fremont Co EMS (Post Register).

5 Dec 2018 – Lori & Chad, along with others, do a podcast together titled “Time to Warrior Up” with the topic mostly being about the end of the world (East Idaho News, HLN True Crime).

Jan 2019 – Chad is a guest interview on “Time To Warrior Up” podcast with Lori co-hosting the podcast along with hosts JM & MG (podcast website).

Jan 2019 (Approx) - Lori emails Chad a video of herself dancing; Charles found the video because Lori was not technologically savvy and did not delete the email from the “sent” folder. This lead CV to believe Lori was having an affair with Chad (According to CV’s sister KW, in Jan 30, 2020 Presser).

Late January 2019 – Abt 2 weeks before CV files for divorce, Lori takes JJ and moves out of the Chandler, AZ home she was sharing with CV. JJ’s grandmother, KW, says Lori told CV she no longer cared about him or JJ. Then Lori abandons Charles and JJ for 58 days; her whereabouts during this time are unknown and her communication with CV is limited; KW says she believes Tylee was staying with other relatives during this time. (Divorce Documents, Fox10 Phoenix, KSLTV News).

I thought it may be good to have this part of the timeline here ready for when the interview with MG airs.

Great! Reminders like this that remind one of all you forget are good.
I thought we had heard that Jason felt he introduced Chad and Lori.... but this would not be in the timeline....

Noting that I found an article that gives specific citation for the ‘raucous pool party’ claims:

Court docs, body camera detail aftermath of shooting that killed Charles Vallow | East Idaho News

Following the shooting, neighbors reported a pool party with loud music taking place at the home, according to a public Facebook post by Joe Pongratz, the landlord of the home. Pongratz also wrote in the post that while speaking with Lori Daybell during the days after the shooting, “she never sounded shocked, sad or heartbroken.”

ETA: Extra information and more names here:

New texts show last known contact from Tylee Ryan's phone

Dec 2017 – Lori and Chad made their first appearance together on a podcast (Daily Mail)
IMO that part of the timeline is incorrect. The source (DM) states that it was a PAP event:

"The pair made their first appearance together in December 2017 on a podcast for Preparing a People..."

Grandparents of missing Idaho boy plead for 'cult' mom Lori Vallow to prove he and sister are alive | Daily Mail Online

I checked the PAP podcasts for December 2017. There were four (# 27 through 30). Posters and descriptions are available for each episode on player.fm. None of those feature Chad or Lori. One of them mentions Melanie Gibb.

https://player.fm/series/preparing-a-people-podcast-network

I think the DM article is referring to the December 2018 podcast with Chad and Lori.

IMO that part of the timeline is incorrect. The source (DM) states that it was a PAP event:

"The pair made their first appearance together in December 2017 on a podcast for Preparing a People..."

Grandparents of missing Idaho boy plead for 'cult' mom Lori Vallow to prove he and sister are alive | Daily Mail Online

I checked the PAP podcasts for December 2017. There were four (# 27 through 30). Posters and descriptions are available for each episode on player.fm. None of those feature Chad or Lori. One of them mentions Melanie Gibb.

https://player.fm/series/preparing-a-people-podcast-network

I think the DM article is referring to the December 2018 podcast with Chad and Lori.
That may be so but I believe the Dec 2017 podcast has been pulled anyway. @Gardener1850 did the timeline so I am sticking with what is in it ATM.

Maybe best to see what MG comes up with as well, as she may verify it for us.

Bodycam video of Lori Vallow's late husband deepens mystery of missing Idaho children

Apologies if this article has already been posted.

"In a statement to ABC News, Lori Vallow's attorney, Mark Means, questioned the timing of the release of the police bodycam footage.

"In regard to said release, and others, this could be construed as a 'tactically' timed release in an attempt to 'control the narrative' to fit a predetermined conclusion regarding the Cox family and persons, etc.," Means said in his statement. "If that is the case, that would be an inappropriate use of public resources. All Persons and Media sources should call upon the Gilbert Police Department and all other Agencies involved to release all their findings, reports, videos, photographs, and the like, unredacted and forthwith." "

Of course he would say that wouldn't he? What about the tactically timed release of the Cox family interviews?
MOO

Last edited:
I've been listening (again) to the LV, TR and MG meeting with police when LV reported her purse being stolen by Charles (as I'm refreshing my memory on MG's type of friendship with the Vallows before Charles was killed.) In the midst of this, I realize Lori and Tylee talk about Tylee working (but their replies as to where she works were omitted). I must have skipped over this the first time... and I guess I missed thread discussion about it, too! When/where do we think Tylee was working? 'Sorry to backtrack on this old info.

Also, I need a refresher... When did MG contact LE about Lori and Chad asking her to lie regarding the children - OR did LE contact MG first??

Finally, I'm curious if most of the readers here think MG will disclose things about Chad (and possibly others) that will shock the PAP community??

I wonder if MG discussed with her podcast partner (JM) any concerns she might have had about Chad, his beliefs, and his relationship with Lori, before Charles was killed?

Last edited:
It may be a good idea to repost this link as a reminder of some of the activities that were going on at the time. JR in this article states that Chad and Lori would meet at these events so I hope she gets interviewed soon too.

A look at the religious circle surrounding Chad and Lori Daybell | East Idaho News

Before the conference, her employer introduced her to Chad Daybell, who was helping coordinate the gathering, and Julie Rowe, who was a speaker at the event.

Chad was Rowe’s book publisher. Both of them professed to have a close connection to the spirit world due to near-death experiences, and both claimed to have spiritual experiences that offered them a glimpse into what they believed was the future, Jessica said. They predicted a foreign invasion of the United States, plagues and massive economic collapse.

Chad and Rowe’s books were popular among some Latter-day Saints, and Jessica said that among some groups, Chad and Rowe were idolized. She recalls the Rexburg Tabernacle was packed with people on the day of the conference.

“The big thing I took away from (the conference) was that from Ucon north, there was going to be a city of light or city of refuge for saints to gather and be protected as the calamities come and things begin to fall,” Jessica said. “The thing that surprised me at the gathering is I’d never seen so many people that believed in the idea of tent cities. There were so many people.”

-------------------
In some of these groups, tied into this belief is the idea that a man and a woman might be destined to be together, even if that person is married to someone else. Like multiple probations, this is not a Latter-day Saint belief.

Contrary to LDS norms, Amber said her husband began to take another married woman to a Latter-day Saint temple to receive revelation from God. Temples are places of worship for Latter-day Saints where members perform marriage ceremonies and do spiritual work.

“These people go to the temple and make promises to be together,” Amber said. “They pray about it and feel like they are getting answers.”

In interviews with other former members of these groups, some said things went beyond just temple trips. One east Idaho man, who asked not to be identified, told EastIdahoNews.com that during his time in a group, he was approached by someone who claimed to have received personal revelation that he was supposed to marry the man’s wife.

(According to the church, personal revelation is meant “to help you with your specific needs, responsibilities and questions” often “through the whisperings of the Holy Ghost” — and is not generally given in behalf of other people.)

Amber said her former husband became convinced he was living a higher spiritual law than other members of the church.

“There is a train of thought, that they think that they are living a higher law and are better than anyone else,” Amber said. “That they are living the way Jesus wants them to during the Millennium, and if you disagree with their beliefs, they just tell you you don’t understand the law or you’re not ready.”
------------

Most of the people who contacted EastIdahoNews.com did so because Chad was a frequent contributor to the site, where he discussed his near-death experiences and thoughts on the future. He still has a lot of defenders on AVOW, who believe the current stories in the press about him are media sensationalism or a hoax.

Julie Rowe, the speaker at the preparedness event Jessica attended, tells EastIdahoNews.com she was introduced to Chad on AVOW, although she has since stopped using the platform.

After the death of his previous wife, Tammy Daybell, Chad stopped publishing on AVOW, but had reportedly remained in contact with Parrett. Several weeks ago, Parrett posted the following message on AVOW allegedly from Chad:

“Thanks for the update. The issue is that people are linking me to Julie’s (Rowe) beliefs, which I studied but rejected. Lori and I have been absolutely silent for three months. I am constrained by my lawyers from saying more until the legal mess is complete, but be assured I will be back. Hopefully, the subscribers will be there when I can fully return to GRI and tell my experiences. I appreciate your support. Chad.”

Parrett also posted these messages after a conversation with Chad.

see more at link.

That may be so but I believe the Dec 2017 podcast has been pulled anyway. @Gardener1850 did the timeline so I am sticking with what is in it ATM.
The audio has been pulled for all episodes, but the descriptions are still there. PAP episodes are numbered consecutively and no episodes are missing around December 2017.

I'm just disputing DM's claim. Nothing to do with WS members being right or wrong - they are not the source.

Bodycam video of Lori Vallow's late husband deepens mystery of missing Idaho children

Apologies if this article has already been posted.

"In a statement to ABC News, Lori Vallow's attorney, Mark Means, questioned the timing of the release of the police bodycam footage.

"In regard to said release, and others, this could be construed as a 'tactically' timed release in an attempt to 'control the narrative' to fit a predetermined conclusion regarding the Cox family and persons, etc.," Means said in his statement. "If that is the case, that would be an inappropriate use of public resources. All Persons and Media sources should call upon the Gilbert Police Department and all other Agencies involved to release all their findings, reports, videos, photographs, and the like, unredacted and forthwith." "

Of course he would say that wouldn't he? What about the tactically timed release of the Cox family interviews?
MOO
I think it's just another of his fishing expeditions. He's already tried getting ahold of all that information via subpoenas, and since that didn't work (because it wasn't the right jurisdiction, has nothing to do with the current charges against his client, etc.) he's now trying to get the public to force LE to release that information so he can get ahold of it via other means (pun intended). Notice his wording is much the same as what he used in the (failed) subpoenas: "All Persons and Media sources should call upon the Gilbert Police Department and all other Agencies involved to release all their findings, reports, videos, photographs, and the like, unredacted and forthwith." He's casting his net wide and far to try and get anything and everything he can from LE. One wonders why he is so desperately interested in getting ahold of all this information when it has little to no bearing whatever on the current charges against his client? MOO.

Completely agree. So that begs the questions, if Charles wanted a divorce and custody of JJ, why didn't she take the easy way out and agree to that? She would have gotten a substantial amount of money most likely. Why kill him, be stuck with JJ, and face the legal consequences?
Ok, just one of many theories. I wonder if all of her life she has been trying to achieve perfection. Perfect hair, face, clothing, husband, family, house - you get it. Somewhere (cannot find it) I remember her telling someone I will not divorce again. I wonder if that was the motive to kill Charles. Divorces are frowned on by LDS. And the more she went through, the harder it was getting to blame them on the spouse. Definitely “imperfect”.

The one thing she could not pretend to be perfect were family relationships. Tylee was also beginning to “get it” and JJ was getting less perfect and understand more of what he saw and heard as he grew up. These were the things beginning to get beyond her control. Definitely going against the perfectly laid out plan for her life. It was beginning to spin more and more out of control.

Chad was the perfect Godly man who would finally complete the perfect circle.

If she truly believed that and her thinking was so messed up at the time, that's an insanity defense for sure. Idaho may not have it but Arizona does.

I'm not convinced she is insane. But if she conspired with Alex to get rid of Charles I think we need a good rational motive and I'm not seeing it. Someone who is irrational cannot easily enlist co-conspirators.

We are all assuming L&C were a couple by that time. The easy was out is to let Charles divorce her, take half of everything they had, give him full custody of JJ, and move to Idaho to give herself to Chad daily. I can see how she may have wanted Tammy out of teh picture and conspired with someone to get rid of her. But getting rid of Charles makes little sense. It's not liek the woman was unfamiliar with divorce.

If she thought she'd get more from life insurance than from a divorce that might be motive. But I think that issue is hardly settled. I don't think we have a definitive answer on Charles's state of residence at death. I know there is a probate filing in Texas by a business creditor that claims he is a Texas resident but we do not know if he had sufficiently established Texas residency to give Texas jurisdiction. I've stated before that if he ends up legally being declared an Arizona residence, she will get most of his estate including much of that life insurance policy. Regardless of whether that is true, if she BELIEVED that then it could be motive. But if she allowed the divorce to go through in Arizona where Charles filed, she'd still get half AND be gone of JJ.

So while I agree Lori does not seem to be acting rationally, any co-conspritors would probably have pointed these things out to her. So if she conspired with someone like Alex, what did he get out of it?

None of this makes any sense!
Imo I’ve seen enough stories like this where the husband/wife or bf/gf want out so they decide to kill them instead of divorce or leaving them. It’s such an odd ideal, to get to that point you’d have to have some sort of sociopathy imo.

If she has a psych evaluation and passes, I would think it would be difficult to claim insanity in another case should they seek to prosecute her in another state where insanity is a defense.

All jmo

Ok, just one of many theories. I wonder if all of her life she has been trying to achieve perfection. Perfect hair, face, clothing, husband, family, house - you get it. Somewhere (cannot find it) I remember her telling someone I will not divorce again. I wonder if that was the motive to kill Charles. Divorces are frowned on by LDS. And the more she went through, the harder it was getting to blame them on the spouse. Definitely “imperfect”.

The one thing she could not pretend to be perfect were family relationships. Tylee was also beginning to “get it” and JJ was getting less perfect and understand more of what he saw and heard as he grew up. These were the things beginning to get beyond her control. Definitely going against the perfectly laid out plan for her life. It was beginning to spin more and more out of control.

Chad was the perfect Godly man who would finally complete the perfect circle.
Possible that was her reason to kill vs divorce. But imo as someone who’s LDS and as a human, it would be worse to kill instead divorce no matter how many divorces you had.

All jmo

Possible that was her reason to kill vs divorce. But imo as someone who’s LDS and as a human, it would be worse to kill instead divorce no matter how many divorces you had.

All jmo
But only if you get caught! I believe she is not trying to please anyone but people. God is just part of her “perfect” cover and LDS is all she knows.

I think it's just another of his fishing expeditions. He's already tried getting ahold of all that information via subpoenas, and since that didn't work (because it wasn't the right jurisdiction, has nothing to do with the current charges against his client, etc.) he's now trying to get the public to force LE to release that information so he can get ahold of it via other means (pun intended). Notice his wording is much the same as what he used in the (failed) subpoenas: "All Persons and Media sources should call upon the Gilbert Police Department and all other Agencies involved to release all their findings, reports, videos, photographs, and the like, unredacted and forthwith." He's casting his net wide and far to try and get anything and everything he can from LE. One wonders why he is so desperately interested in getting ahold of all this information when it has little to no bearing whatever on the current charges against his client? MOO.
I agree and if they release it voluntarily it will save him money from having to request everything individually. If LVD is on a fixed fee he can't charge her for every action. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
USE