Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 17, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *mom arrested* #33

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it's telling that the people defending Lori have said maybe the children are in hiding with Lori's family members or friends. But now we've seen and heard how many of Lori's friends and family members come forward and say, "nope, they're not with me." (Melanie, Janis, Summer, Melani, etc.) However not one of them has put forward (ETA: an alternative) idea that the children are NOT with Lori's family and friends.

We don't know what assets Charles had. Mormons are savers and Charles was a financial advisor nearing retirement. It makes no sense to me that he was broke, but maybe he was. If she divorced him she would also likely get substantial alimony.

I believe they were a couple at the time but we really don't know when Lori turned from fan-girl to concubine.
Charles also found the email of her dancing that she sent to Chad. He filed for divorce in Feb IIRC.

Hoping they did not release it now because they consider the investigation over. But in my experience it’s odd to release body cam footage in an ongoing investigation. Can anyone remember a case where it was?
I think EIN requested it but MOO.

I'm unsure about GB's position. He has not made any public statements, but was likely familiar with Lori's crazy ways (or normal beliefs if you are Chad) and Charles' struggles with her from early on. So was at least part of Lori's family. IMO JM knew about zombies only if he was part of the 144k, like I suspect MG was. Wait, JM did call Lori a gatherer in the only surviving podcast episode.
GB is on the prosecutors witness list IIRC.

I think you are misreading Charles, as married to Lori. She drained him. Bankruptcies, debts in Texas, ..... she drained him. And financial advisors are not necessarily the best models! Madoff tops our list.
Can you remind me when the bankruptcy was? And what are the Texas debts? I know about the business loan in the probate record but are there other debts?

I know only a couple of small clips have been released but there is something about the half smile / smirk on MG's face during those clips that seems a little weird to me, kind of like she is enjoying it.
Exactly my thought too. Sort of a knowing little smile on her face. Inappropriate when two kids are missing, people have died or been shot at and her best friend is in jail on a million dollar bond. What's to smirk at?

New bodycam footage shows 'doomsay cult mom' Lori Vallow raging against her doomed fourth husband before her kids went missing

This news article has some financial info that I had not seen before.

"They have not seen JJ since he visited their home for a week exactly a year ago.

The visit coincided with Kay traveling to Arizona to help Charles Vallow, who is Kay’s brother, with packing up his things for a move to Houston, Texas.

During Kay’s visit, Lori burst into the house and flew into a rage, saying Charles was taking JJ away from her and demanding to know why he was moving to Texas.

In a surprise turn of events, the rancor between Lori and Charles ultimately subsided, at least for a short time. She moved with him, with the kids in tow, to Texas. He dropped his divorce suit.

At that point, as Kay reflected, Lori wrested control of Charles finances, according to The East Idaho News.

“He happened to be due a huge insurance commission check and sure enough, less than a week after she got to Houston, he got that commission check,” Kay says. “That money flew out of that account so quickly. I think there was $9,000 in the checking account, and $6,000 was moved out a day or two after. So that left $3,000, and then a couple days after that, $3,000 went out of it.” Kay says Lori was moving the money into separate accounts – some that Vallow did not have access to.

A year after JJ stayed with them, grandparents have not given up hope

EAST IDAHO NEWS
Then Lori Vallow moved right back to Arizona with JJ and Tylee, her kids who would soon go missing. Shortly after, her brother shot and killed Charles.

Newly released information reported by The Sun indicates that Lori may soon get slapped with new charges related to Charles’ violent end.

An email written by police in Arizona, leaked to Fox 10 Phoenix, has revealed that Vallow could soon be indicted in relation to the death of her ex-husband, Charles Vallow. The email, sent on March 24th by Detective Nathan Moffat of Phoenix police, said: “We continue to work on Charles’ case and are confident we are getting closer to getting Lori indicted for her involvement in Charles death.”

FRESH CHARGES ‘Cult mom’ Lori Vallow ‘to be indicted over the death of her ex-husband’ as she awaits trial over missing kids

THE SUN
Following Charles’ death and the disappearance of the children, Kay, who had many of her brother’s passwords, scoured his online accounts for clues.

She found plenty, as Arizona Family reports.

Kay uncovered the October 2 order that Lori made on Amazon, using her late husband’s account, for the ring she would use in her wedding to Chad a month later.

The $35 ring was made of silver and malachite, a green mineral that, according to court documents, Lori Vallow believed had magical powers of healing. Her beliefs came to light in police interviews with her niece’s husband, regarding Lori’s missing kids.

Amazon delivered the ring to Lori’s $195,000 three-bedroom condo in Rexburg.

The ring’s purchase date comes with ominous significance to the saga of Lori Vallow and her missing kids, as it fell two and a half weeks before Tammy Daybell’s death."

Last edited:
Mighty good question there, indicolite22!

And, I wonder if we will find out if Melanie asked Chad where JJ actually WAS in that phone call.
And Summer and Janis said Lori can't tell them anything because her jail calls are recorded. But Chad is not in jail. If my new son/brother in law might have disappeared my grandkid/niece, I'd hire some muscle and show up on his doorstep and find out what happened one way or another! Wonder why Janis and Summer have not done that!

Utterly bizarre to suggest she was being threatened by the very woman she lied and said the children were staying with.
I don't think anyone has said KW was threatening her except here on WS. I don't think the threats are from Kay. My money is on some of CV's business associates.

And Summer and Janis said Lori can't tell them anything because her jail calls are recorded. But Chad is not in jail. If my new son/brother in law might have disappeared my grandkid/niece, I'd hire some muscle and show up on his doorstep and find out what happened one way or another! Wonder why Janis and Summer have not done that!
They claim they can’t speak to her, but maybe they haven’t tried. They had the opportunity to contact Lori once things started hitting the fan after the kids were reported missing. Imo sounds like they weren’t all that close and never tried to contact her. All jmo

There appears a big disconnect to LVD and AC1 from the interviews with mom and her sister. Not invited to her weddings? All 5? Slap me silly for being so close to my family. But all 5!

eta, At least most of the family left in the Cox family didn't attend. jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member