Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 17, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *mom arrested* #35

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there any POSSIBLE way Lori actually believed Chad had hidden the kids away, and that they were still alive? Could he have convinced her he'd sent the kids into hiding to save them from either earthly danger or spiritual darkness - when all along he just wanted to dispose of them, just as he did with TD? Could all this have been his doing from the start?

Def sounds like a possible (if not plausible) defence strategy, but a hard sell to any jury who will wonder why and how the mother of these kids would entrust their care to a zealous zombie-fighting "visionary" who has already by his spiritual grading system made his views on them and their worth pretty clear. To expect him to protect that which he feared makes no sense to a reasonable person, IMO., plus all the other evidence (service dog, meds) that point to LVD knowing that JJ was in no position to need the stuff he depended on.

I also suspect that LVD's attempts to convince MG that JJ was already a zombie, as a self-confessed warrior in the Great Portal Wars would tend to implicate her, in that she was fully aware of the lengths CD was prepared to go to in order to protect them/save the world/whatever nonsense was being peddled at the time. So she can make that claim but it's a perilously weak one. And it admits that she a) placed TR/JJ in his care and b) did so knowing what he was capable of.

I think this was a case of two parties working towards a shared end, under cover of a bogus doomsday religiosity that ratified the brutal means of this end. So cruel, as well as murderous.

Last edited:
This thread is moving so quickly I’m having trouble keeping up but I just wanted to say that if it is both kids or just JJ, I hope they won’t try to blame Tylee for killing him or both of them. Saying it may have been a murder/suicide as a defense and that Lori didn’t want Tylee blamed.

Is the water table high there?
Might be way off topic: but this is the short version.

The water table is high, but the actual depth depends on the location. Also the use of sprinklers by farmers over the last 50 or so years has caused it to drop. It used to be that most people couldn’t have basements because it was so high, but nowadays it is sitting somewhere between 20 and 80 feet depending on the location. The snake river aquifer is one of the biggest underground aquifers in the world and that’s what we are on top of.

All jmo

I believe one of his adult kids lives close so I would imagine they would not stay at the home knowing bodies had been discovered and maybe move to be with siblings. MOO

I have to wonder how Chad and Lori could have had plans to keep living there, knowing bodies were in the backyard. Callous and cruel. These are religious temple going Christians. What happened? What hypocrites.
To be fair their plan appears to have been to sell the property and move to Hawaii indefinitely. But the police came along and spoiled their plans. And since Lori was compelled to move back into the area then that didn't leave Chad with many options if he wanted to appear the loving caring husband that he wasn't (sorry Tammy!). JMO.

It seems to me they found the remains very fast..almost if they had a credible tip...I wonder who talked??

Lori IMO. She hasn’t been around Chad for a while now, and the pressure has been on her. I think it’s very plausible, as others have suggested, that MG was dog whistling to her in the interview and Lori crumbled. She will probably get a lesser sentence for spilling the beans.

Im still shell shocked about todays events.
I mean we knew he was probably involved with Lori's children's disappearance but I never would have guessed his own backyard could be where one or both of them are.

Good Grief.

Its bad enough if they offed their spouses to be with each other's miserable souls, but to take out two innocent children, it stoops to Chris Watts level or worse.

Im absolutely sickened over those two devils incarnate. :(

Thanks everyone. So I guess they can remain at the house but geeeze they probably dont want to stay there anymore if they didnt know human remains were in their backyard.

Especially if LE has to keep working in their backyard tomorrow and more days. This will impact them for the rest of their lives if they did not know about this.
I'm guessing they won't be allowed in the home for little while, not until they finish with the backyard. I mean, I wouldn't want to stay there anyways.

I mean we knew he was probably involved with Lori's children's disappearance but I never would have guessed his own backyard could be where one or both of them are.

Good Grief.

Its bad enough if they offed their spouses to be with each other's miserable souls, but to take out two innocent children, it stoops to Chris Watts level or worse.

I wonder why his kids survived. I hope his children think long and hard about that. Jmo

I can see almost zero incentive for Chad and Lori not to turn on each other now in an unsuccessful bid to each save their own skin...fireworks may be coming! Or will their belief that the end of the world is coming anyway stay strong and keep them together? This is going to be an interesting study of psychology, narcissism and cult-like convictions...

MOO

Good Grief.

bbm
The defense....his own backyard, how ludicrous. What a shock to find out that Alex killed and buried them right in Chad's backyard. They had no idea. They believed that Alex hid them somewhere off the grid...to be safe. Alex being dead, sadly they just couldn't know where the children were. What a betrayal. Conveniently for the two lunatics Alex is dead.

Do LE (FBI particularly) have access to satellite imagery of a property for a case? And if so, how often is the imagery captured and available? Daily, weekly, monthly? If so, one could see when certain areas were disturbed or built upon. I am not familiar with either the technology nor the legality of this question.

The thing that really surprises me most is that this implicates Chad so much more and Alex so much less. I had thought Alex was given the job of murder and disposal, possibly not even telling LVD and CD where the bodies were. So glad they are found, but heartbroken.

I suppose they can charge CD with unlawful disposal of human remains (or something to the effect) to buy more time. Interestingly, KIFI (localnews8) is also reporting a 4.1 magnitude after shock hitting central Idaho. I guess ZP is still faithfully putting her 'shoulder to the wheel'.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mysterykitty