Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 17, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *mom arrested* #35

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting information but Tylee was not enrolled in High School and in the police body cam video from Gilbert PD Tylee says she has a GED and is working.

Then there's this from BYUI
"Applicants who are 17 and 18 years old are required to have a high school diploma or equivalent to be admitted to PathwayConnect, while those ages 19+ are not required to have these credentials. Applicants younger than age 17 are not eligible for admission, except in certain international locations"

Enrollment
I think this settles it. Not a chance she could have been enrolled.

Stupid question for everyone.

As I understand (or misunderstand) it, LVD is being held because she won't disclose her children's whereabouts.

Apologies if it this has been covered and I've missed it. If LVD refuses to speak, then what?

Is there a specific punishment for a parent who refuses to disclose their children's whereabouts? If so, does anyone know what the sentencing range is?

Casey Anthony never 'cracked'. I think LVD is an even tougher nut. If she simply keeps her mouth shut, then what? I'm not sure her silence and the children's absence is enough to charge her with murder.

As I understand (or misunderstand) it, LVD is being held because she won't disclose her children's whereabouts.

Apologies if it this has been covered and I've missed it. If LVD refuses to speak, then what?

Is there a specific punishment for a parent who refuses to disclose their children's whereabouts? If so, does anyone know what the sentencing range is?

Casey Anthony never 'cracked'. I think LVD is an even tougher nut. If she simply keeps her mouth shut, then what? I'm not sure her silence and the children's absence is enough to charge her with murder.

They can still move ahead with the charges they have on her. Jmo

Interesting information but Tylee was not enrolled in High School and in the police body cam video from Gilbert PD Tylee says she has a GED and is working.

"Applicants who are 17 and 18 years old are required to have a high school diploma or equivalent to be admitted to PathwayConnect, while those ages 19+ are not required to have these credentials. Applicants younger than age 17 are not eligible for admission, except in certain international locations"

Enrollment

Not sure how it is done now, but when I went to school there (many years ago), I know we had a full-time college student who happened to be 15 years old at the time. She had graduated H.S. early, so not sure what she had to do to be enrolled.

MOO

Dec 2016 – Tylee is listed on the Honor Role as a Freshman at Kapaa High School in Hawaii. http://kapaahighschool.net/wp-content/uploads/2016/12/PCNC-Connection-Dec-2016.pdf
8 Feb 2017 to 23 Mar 2017 - Tylee is enrolled at Desert Ridge High School in Gilbert, AZ (AZ Family News).
28 March 2017 – Tylee is enrolled in Perry High School in Chandler, AZ and finishes the school year there (AZ Family News).
24 Sept 2017 – Tylee’s 15th birthday. Lori posts a “happy birthday” message to her on Instagram that mentions Perry High School in Gilbert, AZ. @lolo4kauai on Instagram: “My Beautiful daughter turned 15 today ! Happy birthday Ty Ty !! I love you so much!!! JJ says "hi Tylee Ryan Perry High School " ”

So we have record that Tylee completed her 9th grade Freshman year. Also that she was attending the 10th grade on her 15th birthday Sept 2017.

At what point did she stop attending Perry High School? Did she finish 10th grade? Did she start 11th grade Fall 2018?

IMO the most likely time for her to stop attending was when they moved from the Gilbert house late Dec 2018.

She wasn’t attending school in Jan 2019 because she went to Hawaii with Lori and IIRC in the body cam purse video it’s said she had her GED & was working.

I’m skeptical that she was home schooled or that she had time to receive her GED. IMO this was a Lori lie that Tylee went along with. Lori was off the rails & needed Tylee to deal with JJ.
MOO
Edited to fix grammar

Personally, I'd like to see a subpoena* issued for TR's testimony, and soon (before she turns 18) because, as the parent of that minor child, LVD is responsible for producing TR in response to that subpoena.

So, LVD not doing so (while she also claims the children are hidden because they are at risk) is a hindrance which I would hope is also prosecutable.

*In fact, I'd like to see four subpoenas issued: One in Idaho for TR's testimony about what she knows about JJ's disappearance, another in Idaho for TR's testimony about what she knows about the attempted shooting of TD and the eventual death of TD "in her sleep," one in Arizona to answer more questions about the shooting of CV, and another in Arizona to answer questions about the use of the Jeep she commonly drove in the attempted shooting of BB.

ETA: As the stepparent of the children CD joins LVD in claiming are hidden for their own safety, I assume CD would also be responsible for producing the 17-yr-old minor child in response to a subpoena.

Last edited:
Dec 2016 – Tylee is listed on the Honor Role as a Freshman at Kapaa High School in Hawaii. http://kapaahighschool.net/wp-content/uploads/2016/12/PCNC-Connection-Dec-2016.pdf
8 Feb 2017 to 23 Mar 2017 - Tylee is enrolled at Desert Ridge High School in Gilbert, AZ (AZ Family News).
28 March 2017 – Tylee is enrolled in Perry High School in Chandler, AZ and finishes the school year there (AZ Family News).
24 Sept 2017 – Tylee’s 15th birthday. Lori posts a “happy birthday” message to her on Instagram that mentions Perry High School in Gilbert, AZ. @lolo4kauai on Instagram: “My Beautiful daughter turned 15 today ! Happy birthday Ty Ty !! I love you so much!!! JJ says "hi Tylee Ryan Perry High School " ”
Those poor kids were dragged from place to place on Lori’s whims. The people who actually loved and cared about them were removed from their lives. That had to be especially detrimental to JJ. The people trying to convince us that Lori was a great mother need to shut up and go away.

IIRC she could be sentenced to a max of 14 years on each charge.

Has it been established yet that Lori's mother was most likely lying about speaking to JJ on the phone when she called Lori on October 1st? It is stated in the charging documents that one of the neighbor's children went to Lori's appartment in late September to play with JJ. Lori told the kid that JJ wasn't there and that he was staying with his grandma.

First, to forestall any impressions that I am asking about this loan agreement as a way of casting aspersions on Charles's business practices, I most definitely am not. While the selling of annuities has potential for abuse, I have searched diligently and have found no (zero, zilch, gar nichts) evidence or even hints that Charles was any less straight in his business dealings than he was in his personal life. The poor guy has been dead for almost a year and it is certain that by now anybody with a complaint would have surfaced on social media or elsewhere.

Also, for sleuths who hunt down the original document (which is a public record, which I have redacted, and whose link I will provide to the mods on request), be warned the company that PFS was invested in has a less than stellar reputation. In addition, after diligent search I have found no evidence to indicate the relationship between the two companies persisted long enough to make the public record. The balance of evidence is that the loan document defines a relationship that was soon dissolved. For these reasons I have redacted its name and hope that others respect that decision.

Now that we've settled that, the attached document raises a question for those of us who believe in following the money, to wit: where did the $200K go? There's little evidence that the Vallows had any significant assets, and the nature of his business was such that he had minimal fixed expenses. That's a big chunk of change to just vanish. Did Lori end up with it?

Attachments

• Note Redacted.jpg
    Note Redacted.jpg
    121.9 KB · Views: 77
You're right I neglected to include the word some. The police read here, too. Jmo :)

I sure as heck hope they do! They’d be making a huge mistake if they didn’t. The community here is incredible but there are other places with hundreds of contributors that shouldn’t be dismissed as insignificant. Even simple things like Kay Woodcocks statements are missing and it’s unfortunate.

Enrollment

Not that I think it matters one bit to this case....but, Pathway is administered by BYUI. But this program isn't an in-residence program -- it's totally online. And so if she was attending school on campus in Rexburg, she wasn't in the Pathway program. But then I don't believe she was attending BYU-Here There or Anywhere. "She's attending BYUI" is last year's "She's hiding in a bunker."

So we have record that Tylee completed her 9th grade Freshman year. Also that she was attending the 10th grade on her 15th birthday Sept 2017.

At what point did she stop attending Perry High School? Did she finish 10th grade? Did she start 11th grade Fall 2018?

IMO the most likely time for her to stop attending was when they moved from the Gilbert house late Dec 2018.

She wasn’t attending school in Jan 2019 because she went to Hawaii with Lori and IIRC in the body cam purse video it’s said she had her GED & was working.

I’m skeptical that she was home schooled or that she had time to receive her GED. IMO this was a Lori lie that Tylee went along with. Lori was off the rails & needed Tylee to deal with JJ.
MOO
Edited to fix grammar

I agree that this is probably family legend. If she didn't finish high school, it doesn't diminish Tylee at all. She's only 17 now, and she had, when she disappeared (and still does now have) time to complete high school and puh-lenty of time to go on to college (and who doesn't hope that's exactly what happens!) I just think these notions about her education are something that may have been planned but fell by the wayside when Lori left the building. I think there's a number of stories like this in this case where legend was developed and is being passed as truth.

First, to forestall any impressions that I am asking about this loan agreement as a way of casting aspersions on Charles's business practices, I most definitely am not. While the selling of annuities has potential for abuse, I have searched diligently and have found no (zero, zilch, gar nichts) evidence or even hints that Charles was any less straight in his business dealings than he was in his personal life. The poor guy has been dead for almost a year and it is certain that by now anybody with a complaint would have surfaced on social media or elsewhere.

Also, for sleuths who hunt down the original document (which is a public record, which I have redacted, and whose link I will provide to the mods on request), be warned the company that PFS was invested in has a less than stellar reputation. In addition, after diligent search I have found no evidence to indicate the relationship between the two companies persisted long enough to make the public record. The balance of evidence is that the loan document defines a relationship that was soon dissolved. For these reasons I have redacted its name and hope that others respect that decision.

Now that we've settled that, the attached document raises a question for those of us who believe in following the money, to wit: where did the $200K go? There's little evidence that the Vallows had any significant assets, and the nature of his business was such that he had minimal fixed expenses. That's a big chunk of change to just vanish. Did Lori end up with it?

I'll take Clearing up Money Lori Spent That She Didn't Have for $200,000, Alex. What is leased cars? What is leased homes? What is beauty products and treatments? What is travel?

Trying to brainstorm where the kids might be so I went to Pinterest. I found TR's page. I hadn't looked at her boards previously and apologize if this is a repeat. One stood out, she made a board dedicated to a favorite tv show The Supernatural which is described on wiki as a dark fantasy in which 2 brothers hunt demons, ghosts, monsters and other supernatural beings. The descriptions of the episodes mention the apocalypse. The show ended Oct 10, 2019. I wonder if LV watched this with her and was influenced? Tylee's pinterest page may be older but there was nothing LDS or relating to dorm room decoration. I did a brief look at her followers and who she was following. I did not see LV. Has anyone found her page or one for TD? Wondering if there were any locations mentioned in their boards that either LV or CD would put the kids. Anyone familiar with this show or have you all discussed this and I missed it?

Here is the link to themes in the show. Many could be of interest to CD and LV.
Supernatural (American TV series) - Wikipedia
Edited to add link

Last edited:
Trying to brainstorm where the kids might be so I went to Pinterest. I found TR's page. I hadn't looked at her boards previously and apologize if this is a repeat. One stood out, she made a board dedicated to a favorite tv show The Supernatural which is described on wiki as a dark fantasy in which 2 brothers hunt demons, ghosts, monsters and other supernatural beings. The descriptions of the episodes mention the apocalypse, special tablets, the mark of cain... Supernatural (American TV series) - Wikipedia
The show ended Oct 10, 2019. I wonder if LV watched this with her and was influenced? Tylee's pinterest page may be older but there was nothing LDS or relating to dorm room decoration. I did a brief look at her followers and who she was following. I did not see LV. Has anyone found her page or one for TD? Wondering if there were any locations mentioned in their boards that either LV or CD would put the kids. Anyone familiar with this show or have you all discussed this and I missed it?

Trying to brainstorm where the kids might be so I went to Pinterest. I found TR's page. I hadn't looked at her boards previously and apologize if this is a repeat. One stood out, she made a board dedicated to a favorite tv show The Supernatural which is described on wiki as a dark fantasy in which 2 brothers hunt demons, ghosts, monsters and other supernatural beings. The descriptions of the episodes mention the apocalypse, special tablets, the mark of cain... Supernatural (American TV series) - Wikipedia
The show ended Oct 10, 2019. I wonder if LV watched this with her and was influenced? Tylee's pinterest page may be older but there was nothing LDS or relating to dorm room decoration. I did a brief look at her followers and who she was following. I did not see LV. Has anyone found her page or one for TD? Wondering if there were any locations mentioned in their boards that either LV or CD would put the kids. Anyone familiar with this show or have you all discussed this and I missed it?

They can make portals in this show. Portal Creation
Rings have power
Rings of the Horsemen

There is just way too much similar stuff here.

Last edited:
Edited to add:
The show has a bunker in Lebanon, KS which is the geographic center of the United States. What was the link to Kansas irl, was it JR?

Relating to ranking people on the tv show: Men of Letters
The order possessed a rating system for demonic possessions with a possession like that of The Exorcist being a Class Two Infernal Event. This system went up to at least Class Five and the order was interested in a new type of exorcism that could conceivably cure a demon. The first attempt failed, but Father Max Thompson eventually succeeded, though it is unknown if the order was aware as they only recorded the first failed attempt. Using the rating system, the order recorded every possession for hundreds of years up until their destruction.

Relating to ranking people on the tv show: Men of Letters
The order possessed a rating system for demonic possessions with a possession like that of The Exorcist being a Class Two Infernal Event. This system went up to at least Class Five and the order was interested in a new type of exorcism that could conceivably cure a demon. The first attempt failed, but Father Max Thompson eventually succeeded, though it is unknown if the order was aware as they only recorded the first failed attempt. Using the rating system, the order recorded every possession for hundreds of years up until their destruction.

Jesse character is adopted boy that disappears: Jesse Turner

I don't know if this was something that LV watched but TR did. It isn't exactly the same but there are weird similarities that if someone were already interested in CD's books and this type of entertainment, it could have influenced her in some manner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member