Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 17, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *mom arrested* #36

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
9 months after they went missing, I would doubt that they can nail down a date. Even within a week or month difference in September/October.... Or are you thinking that it happened in the last week... Now that could be determined. But 9 months ago... MOO I don't think a *specific date* could be determined at all.

Those are the facts. MOO

Agreed, but a rough approximate might be useful. We've gone from "Where are the kids?" to "Who? When?"

Good point and I respect your expertise. Mine is in Nursing not forensics. That said, these photos were taken by a drone that a neighbor sent up. Possibly the technicians were less vigilant because they knew the roads were blocked; press kept a mile away and no helicopters in the area at the time. It's a big crime scene with enough work that in the end it took 2 full days. JMO but if the technicians did commit that extraordinary breach of protocol, they were still much more competent and professional than the Gilbert PD
Yes, and I do appreciate your expertise too! I also will be the first to admit that there are breaches of protocol in every field and forensics, perhaps more than most, it seems. nevertheless, the thing that convinces me most that we are not looking at remains is the lack of any attention or interest on the part of the investigators. If you had the remains of a child lying on a tarp out in the open I would expect there would be people congregated around it both because of interest and to protect the evidence. At a minimum, you would expect some sort of covering out of respect for the deceased as you see at even garden-variety traffic fatalities. I am just expressing an opinion based on my experience and I could be proven wrong, of course. In the end, I am just grateful to have such a wonderful place on the Internet where civil discussion and exchange of thoughts and ideas is possible. This case has been on my mind constantly and I cannot express how emotional I get when I think about those poor kids.

I absolutely agree and share your sorrow! I found photos from approximately 3 hours after the one we've been discussing and interestingly the place where they are digging was covered with canopy and the tarp on the ground still had dirt and the bricks, sifter and buckets but the orange thing was gone. I agree that it is unusual that the people are not looking at the orange thing. But they are all looking at the hole that is being photographed and has the depression in the same shape as the orange thing. We may never know and it's just a detail. We all agree that this is where the kids were hidden and it is just so hard to take IMO

ETA I tried to link those photos but couldn't figure out how

I think that's "thermal" technology and not "infrared" technology. I agree that active decomposition might create a slight temperature difference in the ground, but how far below the ground would the body need to be to be detected? I'm slightly familiar with thermographic scanners that are used just after the sun goes down on flat commercial roofs to pinpoint where leaks are, because the water beneath the roof's surface will cool down more slowly than the surrounding roof. But, that's right beneath the surface of the membrane and by morning, the scanner can't pick anything up. I don't know of any drones fitted with thermographic scanners, but I'm sure it's possible to do that. MOO JMO
Necrosearch International has worked with thermal imaging equipment that spot a single degree Fahrenheit difference between patches of ground.

So we are now likely to see the abandonment charges dropped and murder charges brought instead against Lori. Or will murder charges be in addition to the abandonment?
Could we also see murder, and/or conspiracy to murder against Chad as additional charges too?

Chad has said he will not appear at any more hearings. How is he allowed to do this? But he will have to appear at his trial right?

My interpretation was that, given COVID restrictions, Chad was requesting not to appear in person for hearings. I also thought I heard the judge make a stipulation that, should Chad bond out, he must appear at all hearings (remotely).

I thought that was a pretty standard condition of bond, as you said, but I've never heard of a defendant not being able to communicate with a spouse when they are incarcerated. This is a complex case with lots of weird circumstances.

I'm not sure about communication while incarcerated, but I followed a case a couple years ago - Baby William and Maddie/Cassie/Roland Jones where the married co-defendants (Cassie and Roland) were not allowed to communicate after arrest when they bonded out. They actually had to live in different residences until the case resolved.

Last edited:
Thanks i edited my post as I wasn’t sure if the prosecutor was the official source

The Prosecutor only confirmed they were bodies of children but "identities have not been publicly confirmed". As soon as the ME or LE announce an official identification has been made, then we'll move the thread.

Someone tweeted an old newspaper photo of CD digging a grave. He called him Mr. Potato Head. I would share it but I don't know about copyright and sm sharing. It's a creepy pic as he is looking right at the camera while standing chest deep in a grave and digging. It does nothing to help the case here except to prove he really did have experience digging graves.
if that is the picture back in the 90s, it should be OK... it was actually a msm "social interest" story.... so if it is that one post. If not, let me know.....and I will post the eerie msm story from back then.

<modsnip: quoted post was removed>

I am worried about the possibility of the fire pit being used, and maybe what actually led to Chad getting caught was a recent action to dispose of evidence....

There was def. some very dark burnt matter in that pit.

MOO.

Common for a killer to dispose of remains in places the killer feels safe. (IMO)

Yes and remember, Chad also thought he/they were ‘safe’ because after the search warrant served in January because of his first wife’s death, then no activity, he thought LE was finished with the house and land....he thought he was free and clear. He never expected LE to come back with search warrant for the children. No, he Thought he was to clever.

I wish there would have been camera footage on LVD when they told her that her children's remains have been found and identified as children on CD's property. Vividly remembering video of Casey Anthony feigning fainting when they broke the news to her in the jail.
However, LVD would probably just look away - holding her head up and reply softly "that's great".

I was not speaking specific dates as in October 12th. I was merely waiting to hear if it was right after they disappeared, the middle of the time they disappeared, or even more recently.

They have body farms where thats all they do is see how corpse decompose in certain conditions, so I believe (moo) they will be able to get the time frame correct without the need to pick a certain day.

Yes, they will be able to provide an estimate. I'm wondering if the bodies were at least somewhat recognizable because family members have gotten the word about identification while LE (with good reason) hasn't given an official statement yet.

That's probably why her lawyer met with her today. This might be sticky indeed.
Question- when Lori arrived in Idaho, at her hearing they insisted she was not a flight risk because she and her husband had THEIR home in Salem. If that is the case then wouldn't Lori be able to face the same charges as Chad? The bodies were found on the property of her home too? Maybe I am stretching for a reason to make sure she is charged...

I keep thinking about the change is last name. Will she now file for divorce?

I'm not sure what she has up her sleeve. The only reason that that crossed my mind is because I haven't changed mine in 15 years lol I hate waiting in line! But, on any of my official government paperwork it has my full maiden name, and my full married name.... which I use.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grumpie13