Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 17, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *mom arrested* #37

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't understand the neighbor. Had large bonfires which was not the norm and didn't cross his mind to report. You couldn't hide from this story living right near them. Odd
All jmo here. But most people will try to rationalize the odd things they witness neighbors doing. They don’t want to admit something is amiss or that something is wrong in their community. And most people don’t want to call the police to complain about a neighbor. Again jmo

No offense for me. This is a problem archaeologists have to navigate as well. Digging is destructive, but it's the means to arriving at the truth. Work is meticulous and slow. Look how tidy those holes are! Typical tools might be trowels (like cement trowels and with straight edges, not like garden tools), a little whisk broom, even toothbrushes. The dirt from the dig spot is put through a gigantic sieve by the bucket load, so that artifacts that aren't picked up by human eyes show up on the top side of the sieve.
Digging is layer by layer, little by little, not 6 feet at once!
It's likely LE has additional ways to narrow the spot to dig. Note in the photo, they've dug a hole in the shape of a rorshach blob. That's pretty specific.
One of the bigger surprises to me in this dig operation is that LE hasn't gridded out the search area. It's possible they do that electronically, I suppose.
Thanks, I really like the way you've explained how this work is carried out and, as well, its as though the utmost care and dignity is given to the remains.

No matter how much I enlarge the photo, I can't tell what is in the orange tarp. All I know is that it is dark. Someone suggested it could be an irrigation dam tarp. There is an irrigation canal right next to one of the dig sites. One of those things would get full of dark sludge.

Yes, I agree that is hopefully case.

Here's my edited picture of just the orange "thing". I did a little sharpening and contrasting. I've circled the area that caught my attention.

Attachments

• IMG_20200611_121434.jpg
    IMG_20200611_121434.jpg
    101 KB · Views: 306
https://twitter.com/jlumfox10/status/1271126937935593472

Justin Lum Fox 10
@jlumfox10

PRELIM: Officially set for July 1-2. Chad Daybell will appear in court again at 9AM MDT. He faces two counts of destruction, alteration or concealment of evidence. Question is if more charges could be on the way. #fox10phoenix

10:07 AM · Jun 11, 2020·Twitter for iPhone

It's interesting that they are listing a Springville UT address as Chad's residence on this. Any thoughts?

A much better statement than the Coxs. I hope they too get closure and justice. And can heal the wounds CD et al have caused. And mend their family.
Their statement was perfect. It did not mention Chad in any way, including any pain they were suffering due to him, etc. If I could hope for anything else, it would be that Tammy’s children could have been directly included in that statement.

Don't even try to make sense of the entire situation, that makes zero sense to begin with. LVD is truly evil. And the fact that she had her children's birth certificates with her, and was planning to continue to collect their Social Security benefits, means that she KNEW exactly where they were. Safe? As in, "Safely buried"?

LVD is completely implicated here, as is CD. CD KNEW that the bodies were on his property. He can't get away with, "Alex did it, I had nothing to do with it.".

Who would even visit CD in jail? I have no doubt that his kids are still reeling from this new information.
I imagine at least some of the children will give him the benefit of the doubt until he is proven guilty. And even then they may continue to be in denial. Despite his full confession there are members of Chris Watt’s family who continue to believe he is merely a victim and all the facts in the world will never change their mind.

MOO

I love Dr G! Since I haven’t seen it in a long time, do you know if the show is still made? She was so smart and insightful. She was very thorough, explaining each finding in a way laymen can understand.
How long does it typically take to have results of an autopsy released? Iirc, it can be weeks, right? Thanks!
JMO

I think its on Hulu or Amazon Prime. I watch it at night when I can't sleep. Awesome show!

I have been reading and reading. IMO It looks as if CD had a bit of a reputation around that area. I'm sure we will read more and more now that he is behind bars. I thought at first heavy equipment was used. Now I'm leaning towards the burial site were dug by hand. I wonder who all actually helped in this.This whole thing is just creepy crazy.

[gruesome]

Here's another element that doesn't make sense to me about the idea of burning the bodies...

These events took place mere months after another highly-publicized murder in northern Utah -- that of college student Mackenzie Lueck in SLC. Her murderer tried to burn her body in a fire pit in his backyard and then disposed of the remains in Logan Canyon (which is fairly close to the Idaho border). Neighbors recalled the fires he had in his yard, and the arrest was made at the end of June. (LINK)

CD & LV had to have heard about this case -- it was all over the news around here. So why utilize such a similar method of disposal that obviously did NOT work out for Lueck's killer?
I’ve mentioned that in this thread. I’ve wondered if the case influenced him. The timing was mere months apart. Actually, I’d be super curious if I was a site owner here if CD had a profile or an IP address that had visited here.

In ML’s case, AJ lived in a populated neighborhood with Airbnb guests around the time he attempted burning. He later disposed of her body in a canyon. He wasn’t caught because of the burning however. I would bet CD thought he could do it better.

All jmo here. But most people will try to rationalize the odd things they witness neighbors doing. They don’t want to admit something is amiss or that something is wrong in their community. And most people don’t want to call the police to complain about a neighbor. Again jmo

Exactly. 'Nunya'. None of your business. MYOB. Creepy neighbors burning something that smells awful on several occasions. Let's say you call and it's nothing; now the creepy neighbor across the street knows it was you. And you have a family.

I don't understand the neighbor. Had large bonfires which was not the norm and didn't cross his mind to report. You couldn't hide from this story living right near them. Odd

In September nobody knew that the children were missing or that Chad had any nefarious intentions.

This is a rural area. Burn permit or not, most folks will burn yard waste and debris in the fall and spring. Irrigation ditches are cleared in this way annually.

Lori's children are found in her new husband's backyard and her first statement is: 'why did they search there?'. No expression of horror or shock that her children who were allegedly kept safe by her faith and trust are now found to be dead and buried!

Yes, seems like Lori wants to know who betrayed her confidence by telling. Probably wishing now there were three bodies that had been buried there.

Thank goodness not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members