Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 17, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *mom arrested* #37

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the bonfires were odd and more significant to the neighbor in retrospect. In a rural area like this, a big bonfire would be noticed, but it wouldn’t be cause for concern.
Was a cause of concern to one of the neighbors who reported it to the police, enabling police to get the search warrant. I guess that neighbor should get the reward.

Salt Lake Newspaper

Family announces remains belong to 2 missing Idaho kids; Neighbor says tip about bonfires led to search warrant
Family announces remains belong to 2 missing Idaho kids; Neighbor says tip about bonfires led to search warrant

So Price said he notified police, and along with some other details, he was told detectives pieced together enough information for a search warrant. Investigators’ excavations in the backyard are near the sites of the fires, he said.
I wonder what the big bonfires in the spring are all about though? And what he means by "they", in regards to the being present and helping with the fires?

6 Common Myths of Cremation Debunked
https://www.officer.com/home/article/10250502/burning-evidence

The fire was never going to get hot enough to burn all the evidence. IMO I don't see really any trees or brush to burn on that property. So I got curious about how hot a fire would have to burn. I posted the links above.
They'd have had to have a few truckloads of brush and logs to make it work. That would have been way more conspicuous than other options. Maybe CD and LV originally intended to burn the evidence, but didn't carefully think through how they could pull it off.

How much time do you think Lori will do? I think she probably gave the green light for Chad to kill them and helped plan it. Closest case I can think of is Jennifer Valiante who helped plan the murder of her boyfriends parents. Valiante got 8 years, I imagine Lori will also have some sort of charge for "Murder involving a victim under the age of 12 by a person in a position of trust" maybe 10-20 years? Less if she is able to supply evidence for Tammy Daybell death?

TITLE 18
CRIMES AND PUNISHMENTS
CHAPTER 40
HOMICIDE
18-4004. PUNISHMENT FOR MURDER. Subject to the provisions of sections 19-2515 and 19-2515A, Idaho Code, every person guilty of murder of the first degree shall be punished by death or by imprisonment for life, provided that a sentence of death shall not be imposed unless the prosecuting attorney filed written notice of intent to seek the death penalty as required under the provisions of section 18-4004A, Idaho Code, and provided further that whenever the death penalty is not imposed the court shall impose a sentence. If a jury, or the court if a jury is waived, finds a statutory aggravating circumstance beyond a reasonable doubt but finds that the imposition of the death penalty would be unjust, the court shall impose a fixed life sentence. If a jury, or the court if a jury is waived, does not find a statutory aggravating circumstance beyond a reasonable doubt or if the death penalty is not sought, the court shall impose a life sentence with a minimum period of confinement of not less than ten (10) years during which period of confinement the offender shall not be eligible for parole or discharge or credit or reduction of sentence for good conduct, except for meritorious service. Every person guilty of murder of the second degree is punishable by imprisonment not less than ten (10) years and the imprisonment may extend to life.

AND

Idaho Statutes

TITLE 18
CRIMES AND PUNISHMENTS
CHAPTER 40
HOMICIDE
18-4003. DEGREES OF MURDER. (a) All murder which is perpetrated by means of poison, or lying in wait, or torture, when torture is inflicted with the intent to cause suffering, to execute vengeance, to extort something from the victim, or to satisfy some sadistic inclination, or which is perpetrated by any kind of willful, deliberate and premeditated killing is murder of the first degree.
(b) Any murder of any peace officer, executive officer, officer of the court, fireman, judicial officer or prosecuting attorney who was acting in the lawful discharge of an official duty, and was known or should have been known by the perpetrator of the murder to be an officer so acting, shall be murder of the first degree.
(c) Any murder committed by a person under a sentence for murder of the first or second degree, including such persons on parole or probation from such sentence, shall be murder of the first degree.
(d) Any murder committed in the perpetration of, or attempt to perpetrate, aggravated battery on a child under twelve (12) years of age, arson, rape, robbery, burglary, kidnapping or mayhem, or an act of terrorism, as defined in section 18-8102, Idaho Code, or the use of a weapon of mass destruction, biological weapon or chemical weapon, is murder of the first degree.
(e) Any murder committed by a person incarcerated in a penal institution upon a person employed by the penal institution, another inmate of the penal institution or a visitor to the penal institution shall be murder of the first degree.
(f) Any murder committed by a person while escaping or attempting to escape from a penal institution is murder of the first degree.
(g) All other kinds of murder are of the second degree.

AND DON'T FORGET

18-2004. PUNISHMENT FOR CRIMINAL SOLICITATION. Every person who is found guilty of criminal solicitation to commit a crime is punishable in the same manner and to the same extent as for an attempt to commit such crime.

I wonder what the big bonfires in the spring are all about though? And what he means by "they", in regards to the being present and helping with the fires?
And what exactly was Chad burning? Bodies were buried, so was he un-burying them and burning them, and then burying them again?

Last edited:
Yes, I wonder how many were present at these bonfires? Was it a social event? Why he was quoted as saying “they had” is indeed interesting.

It doesn’t make sense to me that the neighbor reporting bonfires alone would have had a big effect on the issuance of the search warrant.

Combined with other evidence, maybe it could’ve had some effect.

I’m sure the neighbor means well, but he has no idea why that warrant was issued.

Yes, I wonder how many were present at these bonfires? Was it a social event? Why he was quoted as saying “they had” is indeed interesting.
Well, in the fall, Chad and Tammy lived in the house, so he could be referring to "they" as Chad and Tammy even if Tammy wasn't present at the bonfires. I really doubt Chad invited a bunch of people to the bonfires.

Did anyone catch in one of the latest videos that LE served a search warrant at Lori's parents' house recently?

It might have been one of Nate Eaton's videos. I haven't seen it mentioned here but may have missed it. I'll go see if I can find it and come back to edit.

ETA It wasn't Nate, it was Morgan Loew of CBS - video here - warrant served at Lori's parents' home in St George Utah in the past month, since Janis and Summer were interviewed.

from around 4:35 mins in -

Last edited:
Any recent (within the past 2-3 days) interviews with JR (the friend or former?friend of CD) that can be shared here? I'm trying to keep my "eyes open" :)
I would love to hear from JR. Remember, she "saw" in a "vision" the children were safe on a beach somewhere. This was months ago and I'm sure it's in the media thread somewhere, but I'm at work and can't take the time to find it right now. MOO.

I'm not bashing. Just making sure you realize it was most likely a modular home. A motorhome is a recreational vehicle. While some people live in a motorhome year around, lots of traveling is usually done. Jmo

We'd have to look at the permit to know what was intended, because sometimes people get mixed up with the terminology.
"Manufactured" homes come under the "mobile home" regulations (at HUD); they are considered mobile even if there's no plan to move them. The kind of home people call "double-wide" or "single-wide" are in this category, namely manufactured homes aka mobile homes.
"Modular" homes are permanent and come under home regulations like every house; it's just one of several techniques to build a home. They can be any shape.
I'm guessing CD was planning on a manufactured home.

I would love to hear from JR. Remember, she "saw" in a "vision" the children were safe on a beach somewhere. This was months ago and I'm sure it's in the media thread somewhere, but I'm at work and can't take the time to find it right now. MOO.
She was claiming children were alive from a while back. She claimed she "saw" them in a house with a lot of light. So it would appear she isn't a good psychic. So I don't know what of value she can add.

I did not expect to have answers this quickly. Wowzers. So we know that the neighbour was one the main reason but I think that was backed up by satellite images and the mobile home.

That would just be good investigative work to see whats been happening there on the land since.

My guess of what the spring buring was evidence prehaps poison bottles or clothing worn. Pure guesses.

This! Great detail work. Thank you. Who are they is such a great question. The neighbour might not know. Just it was multiple people. There is a real possibility of so many people.

I'd know who I'd like it to be. But thats not factual. So I won't share. Lol.

As for the timing of the search, perhaps they chose this day because the major news stations was covering the funeral of George Floyd in his hometown of Houston?

LE seemed confident about what they were there for and the time/date they did it could have provided the least amount of coverage in consideration for the children’s surviving family members.

Just maybe?

JMO
Does anyone know when Kay and her husband arrived in Rexburg? If they were already there or on their way when the search began then LE must have been quite certain of what they would be finding.

Thank you Ohme . . . for this link!

I think both of our major conversations this morning were answered with this one link.
1) It was the neighbor that called LEO about the bonfires (which alerted them). I think the last nae was "Price" had to say if it is that person is first in line for the reward money (IMO). And it is fitting because CD and LVD will end up paying the "Price" of their devious deeds - ha!
2) The photo shows how they were digging out the area. You can make out under the tent they have removed the item because it appears to be the exact "hole" we have been discussing. also notice there is no "orange" anything showing up on the tarp except a large lump under a lot of dirt and a few of those cinderblocks (same as the new surround of the fire pit). The large lump looks to retain most of the same shape as the orange tarp & items, and the hole.
All my opinion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member