Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 17, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *mom arrested* #38

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am not the OP, but this scenario is one I am tending (right now) to go with. What if Chad called the police and told them he knew where the bodies were. He could have already informed his new attorney. LE said we will have to go before a judge for a search warrant to make it legal. He waited for them to arrest him, and when it was not forthcoming, decided to get the ball rolling, turn himself in, and save face.

OR, there could be one person on the local police force who is sympathetic to Chad and in a round about way leaked it to him that a search warrant had been issued.

IMO
So in that bizarre scenario, Chad informs the police where the bodies are, and is then promptly charged with destruction and concealment of evidence? And his lawyer doesn't say in court that Chad is the one who told the police where the bodies were. There is no chance of that happening.

Last edited:
I don't know these people and I might be totally wrong, but it seems like they grew up in a cultish environment. If mom, dad or the Church said "jump", they would jump, no questions asked. In these type of relationships, more often than not, people still believe whoever committed the crime, and if the accused person confessed the crime, forgiveness is quickly given.
From the looks of it, I highly doubt any of Chad's children will ever acknowledge whatever he did and will stay behind him regardless.
Yes, they have been spiritually abused. If they question his special gifts and spiritual authority then they risk their eternity. This is common in cults.

Ok, I'll bite. Yeah, he may have been at the house the night before the search warrant was executed. ok..

Ummm, they would have to have served the search warrant to him? And then he sat in car for hours and he planned to *turn himself in*.

Agree, when the serve a warrant, they don't sit down to chit chat. They served it ? and then he sat in car ... then left...

..................not following that this makes you think he is informant. Can you expound on logic to your conclusion?

I am not the OP, but this scenario is one I am tending (right now) to go with. What if Chad called the police and told them he knew where the bodies were. He could have already informed his new attorney. LE said we will have to go before a judge for a search warrant to make it legal. He waited for them to arrest him, and when it was not forthcoming, decided to get the ball rolling, turn himself in, and save face.

OR, there could be one person on the local police force who is sympathetic to Chad and in a round about way leaked it to him that a search warrant had been issued.

IMO
So in that bizarre scenario, Chad informs the police where the bodies are, and is then promptly charged with destruction and concealment of evidence? Makes no sense.

Why wasn't he charged with murder? "Evidence" seems to distance him from the charge of murder. MOO

@Michael0808 I surmise that the moderator is the one placing the DBM and perhaps for post that do not are not within the scope of the Terms of Use on this site--but I'm just guessing.

Either way, I'm gonna do my best not to get one. Your reply made me chuckle so thanks!

When I first joined this forum I too wondered if the mods were cracking down on everyone as I thought DBM meant Deleted By Mod(s). Turns out it just means Deleted By Me. It is a self-inflicted correction.

These forums have their idiosyncrasies and sometimes will do a double post, or retain text from a previous post when trying to make a new post. Also, sometimes we make mistakes, or answer questions that have already been answered, or post links that have been posted a hundred times before but we haven't seen them yet because we're still trying to get caught up in the thread, etc. We can't actually delete our own posts, but editing them to say DBM allows us to remove unwanted content and allow the thread to continue as normal. It's not a bad thing IMO.

Yes, I think that is exactly what the Sheriff is saying as well in the article in response to rumors that the family refused an autopsy. It’s up to The coroner, not the family. So it was the coroner who decided not to perform an autopsy, rather than the family refusing one.
Coroner herself couldn't perform an autopsy. She had no education nor training to do autopsies. Body would have to be sent somewhere. Basically, because coroner in Idaho is an elected position, and is not required to have a degree and necessary training, they are leaving this sort of decision to someone who isn't qualified (IMO) to make it.

I think Chad sat in his car for hours because he had no place to go. His family was asked to leave and they may have agreed to "meet at Denny's" including Chad. But no way was he gonna open himself to that. So he got in his car pretending to meet them but then just tried to figure out what to do. He literally has no one except his attorney. Maybe LE called Prior and told them charges were forthcoming and Chad hightailed it out of there but was caught by the cops who were expecting it after telling Prior. JMO

I don't know Chad took it but it seems pretty clear that Lori did with Alex and the kids.

Yes, but Chad wasn’t coming from Canada. And while Yellowstone is beautiful and a tourist destination, if you are driving from Arizona and live in Idaho you won’t necessarily go the extra miles. Arizona to Idaho is a long enough drive as it is. I mean, sure it’s possible Chad took the long drive through Yellowstone but it’s not on the way and doesn’t seem likely. Especially since the drive from Rexburg/Salem to Yellowstone is a much shorter easier drive. All jmo.

IMO

Why wasn't he charged with murder? "Evidence" seems to distance him from the charge of murder. MOO

To elaborate, let's say that Chad was another dupe for Alex and Lori. When did he realize that he had been suckered by providing a burial ground for their murders. Don't you think it would have run through his mind that it would go a lot easier for him just to come forward?

His kid lives in the house across the street with her husband and kid. So we had somewhere to go. At least as I understand it.

I think Chad sat in his car for hours because he had no place to go. His family was asked to leave and they may have agreed to "meet at Denny's" including Chad. But no way was he gonna open himself to that. So he got in his car pretending to meet them but then just tried to figure out what to do. He literally has no one except his attorney. Maybe LE called Prior and told them charges were forthcoming and Chad hightailed it out of there but was caught by the cops who were expecting it after telling Prior. JMO

Agree, but Tylee was on the cusp of a new life away from them as an adult, and J.J. could have lived and thrived with the Woodcocks, so their baggage could have been safely stowed elsewhere, while they lived in paradise with all or a decent chunk of the insurance.

Either they wanted it all, or they were invested in a cleaner break than that. This, IMO, was where their culty thinking dangerously intersected with other options that involved TR and J.J. living but still a threat, as zombies or witnesses or whatever. I don’t get it but it must have made sense to them, enough to kill kids for.

bbm - AND YET, the dog lives? I just cant wrap my head around it - human life snuffed out just like that.

To elaborate, let's say that Chad was another dupe for Alex and Lori. When did he realize that he had been suckered by providing a burial ground for their murders. Don't you think it would have run through his mind that it would go a lot easier for him just to come forward?

There’s nothing at all that I can see that points in any way to him coming forward. Enough evidence was obtained to get a search warrant, the police descended upon his house while he sat in his car, and started digging. He tried to drive away, was arrested, and thrown in jail. Where hopefully he will never leave. Jmo

ETA correction of typo

When I first joined this forum I too wondered if the mods were cracking down on everyone as I thought DBM meant Deleted By Mod(s). Turns out it just means Deleted By Me. It is a self-inflicted correction.

These forums have their idiosyncrasies and sometimes will do a double post, or retain text from a previous post when trying to make a new post. Also, sometimes we make mistakes, or answer questions that have already been answered, or post links that have been posted a hundred times before but we haven't seen them yet because we're still trying to get caught up in the thread, etc. We can't actually delete our own posts, but editing them to say DBM allows us to remove unwanted content and allow the thread to continue as normal. It's not a bad thing IMO.

You explained it very well.

Just to add that you cant leave it all spaces either so that is why something has to be put in the post even when trying to delete it. Thus the DBM is good to use.

Wish we had a delete button to really be able to delete it within that hour. :)

Let's not say that, because there is nothing whatsoever to indicate that is the case.

@yawningreyhound regarding your comment, "i'm reading the timelines AGAIN and still can't come to terms with a GUESS at a motive.

While this case is very complicated, the motives appear to be quite simple.

IMO, they were motivated by the seven deadly sins--which are also known to some as capital vices.

Here is my list with a simple explanation or example of how I came to this conclusion:

LUST - between CD and LV

GLUTTONY - The Hawaiian beach wedding--particularly the amount of photos for a two person wedding, come to mind.

GREED - The insurance policies and reported social security payments LV received after children were missing.

SLOTH - Religious and legal indifference to duties and obligations to God and the crimes committed, total indifference to the laws by which we are governed

WRATH - LV's actions toward and statements (via text) to the Woodcock's

ENVY - LV and CD resentfully coveted the people in the other's lives

PRIDE - Both LV and CD displayed perversions of the faculties that make humans more like God and both put their own desires, urges and wants before the welfare of many other people.

MOO

Thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members