Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 17, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *mom arrested* #40

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Could changing his name via marriage in Las Vegas, abandoning his apartment in Idaho, and going to live with his new wife, without anyone knowing except, presumably LV, have been a strategy to hide from police investigating him for homicide? My question about that, however, is that he went back to live in the same town where he was being investigated for murder of CV.
And not to mention what couple have you ever met that just got married and didn't want to live with each other? ZP had to wait for the right answer about marrying AC - she must have got an answer but it appears to be "just do it for the paper" sort of answer she received.

And please remember that LDS culture allows for visions to be real. The entire religion is based on those of its founder. To question visions is to question their own culture's legitimacy. In a region so infused with that culture, it's possible this will come into play during jury selection and trials, if such there will be.
Yes, but from what I understand--and respect--the LDS church considers these to be sacred and personal. CD took that and milked it for monetary gain.

Having a "vision" that his wife was going to die won't help his cause because most people don't believe in visions. Added to the fact that he likely buried/killed the children before she died and he married only two weeks after her death will also work against him. He had motive and whether or not they find anything in Tammy's autopsy, he may be charged. His loony belief system will work against him -- not for him. JMOO

I agree with you and Indicolite. What you referenced as a "loony belief system" will work against him with the jury. However, I do think that that alone isn't enough to convict. They'll need something in the autopsy to show up or something in the digital forensics, 1 piece of corroborating evidence or more. AMOO

It
My sense on the "football goal / fence part / horse jump" white thingie was that it was some sort of a hinged frame, with mesh screening set into one half of it, intended to be used for sifting through something -- like dirt, probably. Just a guess of course ...
As I posted earlier, I think it's a soil sifting screen. These are often used at crime scenes and archeological sites. They come in a lot of different styles, including ones that fold up, which I believe is what's in the CD photos.

It's not unusual for the Coxes not to attend family weddings. Lori's mother and sister have not been to any of Lori's five weddings (or so they claimed in an interview).
I had mentioned before, but will say again...i talked to an lds friend about this.. The opinion was that this is "extremely unusual" in an lds household...

I feel many of our fellow WSers familiar with wedding tradition within lds, can add to this with more factual information.

Makes the whole "I had the whole family over for cookies" after TD's funeral statement come into play. If true, (which I don't believe for a minute because they were too busy hiding their affair at the time) the family members of TD would be able to confirm there were no children there.
If I were one of CD's kids, I could maybe see going to someone's home for cookies after a funeral but not someone I had never met or hung out with - I would opt to go to a family member's home or close friend of TD's. Even if TD knew LVD from all the events - I have seen no mention of them hanging out like friends.
Just feels so very fishy -
I know it is an LVD lie - but her lies all catch up with her in the end. It may be the very first time in her life that she cannot squiggle out of this mess by creating another.

Especially an empty 3 bedroom apartment that probably still had remnants of kids having been there. Never believed this for a minute.

I agree with you and Indicolite. What you referenced as a "loony belief system" will work against him with the jury. However, I do think that that alone isn't enough to convict. They'll need something in the autopsy to show up or something in the digital forensics, 1 piece of corroborating evidence or more. AMOO
Yes, and as I mentioned last night, the defense will do everything it can to keep the "loony belief system" under wraps. It alone is not enough to convict, but it sure would not help absolve him.

Yes, but from what I understand--and respect--the LDS church considers these to be sacred and personal. CD took that and milked it for monetary gain.

Absolutely true. I'm just saying that the idea of a person having visions would not seem outlandish to those steeped in LDS culture. The fact that CD abused this aspect of faith is another matter.

Something struck me watching a podcast yesterday. MG just moved into the apartments, LVD lives next door, AC lives in same complex - there are garages (at least to some units) and no one had major furniture for a home. There was plenty of room in all of these spaces to place the items she rented the storage unit for. Why rent a storage unit when there was so much room in so many place to put these items?
They not only erased the children's lives but attempted to erase that the children ever lived by taking out anything that reminded them of the kids (IMO).
Yet, the toys remained on the front steps all the way up until the welfare check. Why not remove those? All the neighbors must have known the kids were not there (under the false pretense if "going to grandma's) so it couldn't have just been for show.

Remains of Lori Vallow's children found at her husband's home, family says. He's now charged with destroying evidence.

Someone asked if there had been a statement from CR. I have only found this.

"The families of the children said in a statement Wednesday that the remains 'are indeed our beloved JJ and Tylee.'

'We are filled with unfathomable sadness that these two bright stars were stolen from us, and only hope that they died without pain or suffering,' said Larry and Kay Woodcock, J.J.'s biological grandparents, Colby Ryan, Lori Vallow's son from a prior marriage, and Kelsee Ryan, Colby's wife, in their statement.

'This is the worst news we will ever get in our lives and want to be left alone for the time being,' they said, adding that 'once officially confirmed, statements from The Rexburg Police, The Medical Examiner and the FBI will be released.'

The charges filed against Daybell allege he concealed the remains sometime between September 2019 and June 2020. His bail was set at $1 million.

Vallow, is currently awaiting trial for multiple charges, including two felony counts of desertion and nonsupport of children, according to a criminal complaint filed with an Idaho court.

The charges against Daybell are part of a sprawling investigation that has stretched from Idaho to Arizona to Hawaii, picked up connections to a deep religious ideology and raised new questions about the deaths of other family members.

Daybell and Vallow married in November, not long after their previous spouses died.

Chad Daybell's brother, Matt Daybell, sent his sympathies to the children's families.

'Throughout this ordeal, we have supported one another in pursuit of the truth, and will continue to do so. They have been praying for our family, as we have prayed for them. Our heartfelt love and prayers continue to go out to them and their family at this very difficult time,' Matt Daybell said."

Article continues at link

Please dont be afraid to post! This forum works because we can all feed off of each other's ideas and information and yours is as valuable as everyone elses!

You make a very good point. If Chad had spilled the beans, he would have been front and center with LE pointing to where he dug. You are the first person to point out that information! Thanks! I think it is the most convincing discredit of the "Chad rolled" theory we have seen. You are obviously good at this and have no reason to hesitate posting in the future. We are all wrong some (or most) of the time. But throwing ideas out there is always good.

You made my day! Thank you.

I dunno, technically they would be mutilating a zombie.
Which is interesting because it appears that LVD used language to distance herself from her bond with her children. (ie: JJ turning into zombie) and it appears tried to make herself believe they deserved to die.
I wonder if CD felt that way with TD. I mean no disrespect but as quick as 'children can go from light to dark' - maybe CD rationalized this. Of course you have to kill zombies to let the soul and the body unite (honestly I don't want this old decrepit thing anymore if it were me), but what happens to good souls who die of natural causes? Do they take their good soul and body together to a holy place? Do they arrive intact? What about the mutilated zombie body does it arrive intact when it gets to heaven?
Maybe I am just putting too much of my own memories in this but I remember LDS girls I was close with growing up, not being able to get their ears pierced in the early 70's because it was a voluntary scarring of their perfect body that god gave them.

If they find nothing in the autopsy, visions will not suffice for conviction in Tammy's case, otherwise he would have been charged already. They would need evidence that he plotted her death. He's been having visions for years, even before meeting Lori.

Sure, they'll need additional evidence; plotting, motive, things like that, I'm just saying they can get a murder conviction even if the autopsy comes back "inconclusive." I also think his vision that she would die will work against him because most people will not buy his story that he has visions, now or ever. JMOO

i could not respond to this post from @firstamendment because the thread was closed, but I find it to be very important to add these views to our thinking. (ha! I know..because they coincide with mine). BUT this is rural Idaho we are talking about. As I have stated, Lori and Alex certainly did not know anything about this geographic area, and actually neither did Chad, really. He was only there for a few years, and never seemed to be an outside-kindof guy. But something happened near Yellowstone. moo, imo, Chad had help. And probably from some unsavory characters. My guess is that even this could be hanging over his head right now. The type of folks firstamendment refers to, are not the type to come out to the media for 15 minutes of fame. But somehow, I feel there still may be debt to be paid.

@firstamendment stated:
I wonder if they are concerned about the old boys network themselves just as I am rather unimpressed by them. Chris Parrett has used this as an opportunity to do some new web design. I'd not trust this pile of people either. What they say vs. what they do are not suggestive of integrity.

Preppers are full of ex-cop, ex-mil, ex-intelligence AND current serving. Their aw-gosh-golly-gee-shucks clown face should be viewed with suspicion. Trained killers with world views that make Chad quaint among them should be concerning. That they ascribe to views that can house Daybell comfortably as not the most radical among them by far would be concerning to me if I was in the fbi's place.

Note none turned on Daybell, but they sure cleaned up behind themselves and him in case. I know I wouldn't trust this group to not do something to make things wrap up faster so the heat comes off but they can use it as advertizing.

Several of the men from Avow / survivalist / are already in the Rexburg area. He moved to be near them even if he said it was a vision his vision coincided with being closer to the Old Boys Network.

I thought I heard Nate mentioned he was just with Dateline the other day...

'Dateline' Working on Lori Vallow Case Update After Investigators Discover Remains on Chad Daybell's Property

Dateline is reportedly working on a new Lori Vallow case update following confirmation that the remains of her two children, Tylee Ryan and JJ Vallow, were discovered on Chad Daybell's property. According to East Idaho News reporter Nate Eaton, the NBC series was in Rexburg, Idaho interviewing people for "an upcoming show on all of the latest developments." An airdate for the special, which has not yet been confirmed by NBC, has not been announced.

I thought I heard Nate mentioned he was just with Dateline the other day...

'Dateline' Working on Lori Vallow Case Update After Investigators Discover Remains on Chad Daybell's Property

Dateline is reportedly working on a new Lori Vallow case update following confirmation that the remains of her two children, Tylee Ryan and JJ Vallow, were discovered on Chad Daybell's property. According to East Idaho News reporter Nate Eaton, the NBC series was in Rexburg, Idaho interviewing people for "an upcoming show on all of the latest developments." An airdate for the special, which has not yet been confirmed by NBC, has not been announced.
Yes and in fact Dateline used social media directly at CD.
Something to the effect of "CD you didn't think we would be back? We are right here following this case." It was released the day after the kids remains were found.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuriousNelly61