Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 17, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *mom, stepfather found* #10

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
For the purposes of this case alone cops have been at Chad's house (current or temporary residence) at least seven times in 3.5 months:
Oct 9 - "Paintball" gunman incident
Oct 19 - Tammy's death
Nov 26 - well-child check
Nov 27 - warranted search after child check failed
Jan 3 - warranted search of Daybell home without Chad presence
Jan 25 - service to Lori to produce children
Jan 26 - warranted search of vehicle and residence

And yes, I don't recall any other prior dealings Chad would have had with LE.
You're right and there was also a visit by LE a week before the 26th Nov visit when they went to the neighbour as no one was in so that's 8 times.

Last edited:
I so agree! Justin has been incredible. I also love that EastIdahoNews.com sent Eric Grossarth with Nate to Hawaii. He’s a kid! Graduating BYU this spring. Nate called him a colleague, which is awesome. These guys, along with Adam Herbets, have stepped up to the national stage. They are covering the most insane, convoluted crime story that we have seen in years. I am strangely proud of all of them. Unraveling where JJ and Tylee are has become something I cannot look away from. I can’t explain it.

Absolutely, this is terrific promotion-worthy investigative journalism. Especially think it's clever that so far Nate and crew have both (1) chased Lori and Chad back into the shadows thwarting an escape attempt, with luggage; and (2), gone out and about amongst the citizenry of HI, with headshots, to put a target on their backs (if they didn't know who they were before, they will now!!). He's bird-dogging them all over Kauai, and I too am here for it.

This just came in from the Prosecutor. The case involving JJ Vallow and Tylee Ryan is sealed under law. With that, information about possible developments Thursday are out of public view.

I’m pretty sure if those kids make any kind of an appearance, we’re going to hear about it rather promptly.

If there is no news, or maybe just a “no, they didn’t show”, then things will be taking place behind the scenes, and we can pretty much guess their likely direction... it’ll just be a matter of time and specifics.

It’s not like they’re gonna drop it. And we’ve seen these things play out before.

I want to point this out because I think it is relevant to the questions popping up (including my own!) about why Lori & Chad can't be gone after for kidnapping or neglect at this state. (Or other people in similar cases.)

Here in America, parental rights trump children's rights, and you can argue that we don't even really have children's rights (we have not even ratified the Convention on the Rights of the Child, we're the only country in the world to not have done it yet despite helping draft it and sign it). Many people in this country, especially among certain groups (like the homeschooling community) are adamant that children's rights are either non-existent or extremely limited. There is a steep defense on thinking children are property of parents and they can be treated any way a parent sees fit without any government interference at all, and if there is interference, it is considered going against the constitution.

This thought process is what allows much child abuse to keep going on. Notice how Lori took JJ out of school to homeschool him. Did you know 47% of school-age child torture victims were removed from school to be homeschooled?!?!?! (<---Find this 2014 study on the site of the CRHE.) 47%!!!! In this country, you absolutely have the right as a parent to take your child out of school and away from their family, and isolate them and make them "disappear" if you want to. Because there are huge groups of people who want to keep it exactly that way without any regard for the kids like JJ who are vulnerable and are in danger. A popular name that comes to mind, Erica Parsons, was not noticed to be missing for nearly 2 years! Another one whose adoptive parents "sent her away to live with family" yet no such family existed and it was "none of anyone's business" where she "really was" (which of course ended up to be dead).

In essence, the laws and culture here allow people like Lori to "hide" her children for months and months (and possibly years), and tell LE, "No, of course they're not missing, only I know where they are and it's none of your business!" and it's totally legal.

I think this is the statement

"We are grateful for the concern and attention being shown regarding the location, health and safety of Tylee Ryan and JJ Vallow. We again renew our gratitude for the help received and continue to request that anybody with information regarding the whereabouts of the children come forward."

EIN then give a reminder that these procedures are sealed but will report what they can from the court. ( More info at link.)

So I take that to mean we are unlikely to get a running commentary tomorrow at the court or welfare office. So maybe no camped out reporters tomorrow. Anyone seen how these usually go down?

That’s exactly what I expect will happen if she doesn’t produce them.

Custody will be taken by the state, and then she’ll be committing custodial interference, among other things.

That’s presuming they don’t have enough for murder charges, which I doubt they do, because I don’t think they’d be walking through these other steps if they did.

I’ve seen variations of that situation play out here in the northwest before... and it can happen even if the parent had custody initially, if they are determined to be a danger the the child.

Well that would make sense, as then you have something concrete to charge her with

But not kidnapping

I want to point this out because I think it is relevant to the questions popping up (including my own!) about why Lori & Chad can't be gone after for kidnapping or neglect at this state. (Or other people in similar cases.)

Here in America, parental rights trump children's rights, and you can argue that we don't even really have children's rights (we have not even ratified the Convention on the Rights of the Child, we're the only country in the world to not have done it yet despite helping draft it and sign it). Many people in this country, especially among certain groups (like the homeschooling community) are adamant that children's rights are either non-existent or extremely limited. There is a steep defense on thinking children are property of parents and they can be treated any way a parent sees fit without any government interference at all, and if there is interference, it is considered going against the constitution.

This thought process is what allows much child abuse to keep going on. Notice how Lori took JJ out of school to homeschool him. Did you know 47% of school-age child torture victims were removed from school to be homeschooled?!?!?! (<---Find this 2014 study on the site of the CRHE.) 47%!!!! In this country, you absolutely have the right as a parent to take your child out of school and away from their family, and isolate them and make them "disappear" if you want to. Because there are huge groups of people who want to keep it exactly that way without any regard for the kids like JJ who are vulnerable and are in danger. A popular name that comes to mind, Erica Parsons, was not noticed to be missing for nearly 2 years! Another one whose adoptive parents "sent her away to live with family" yet no such family existed and it was "none of anyone's business" where she "really was" (which of course ended up to be dead).

In essence, the laws and culture here allow people like Lori to "hide" her children for months and months (and possibly years), and tell LE, "No, of course they're not missing, only I know where they are and it's none of your business!" and it's totally legal.

So is there any pressure groups pushing for change on that? It seems crazy.

Court documents are sealed. Soo... What does this mean for information-seeking minds??? And, were documents sealed because this involves minors?

Tia!

The airport code for Honolulu is HNL. HLN is Helena Montana. Also try LIH for Lihue and OGG for Kahului (Maui).
I think it was HNL I was looking at I will check again though. I may have mistyped it in the post. How many terminals does Honolulu have?

Yes, I’m generally a homeschooling advocate but I saw it as even more attentive/responsive parenting, and never dreamed that it would be used to hide or hurt children. I don’t think homeschooling should be allowed in any cases of adoption especially. There are way too many adoptees + homeschooling children who are abused neglected and killed.

Rules - Copyright 10% Rule

Not sure everyone knows about this WS rule.
If you are referring to me, I do know about that rule and didn't post more than 10% for that reason and also stated "more at link". Plus, I was only copy pasting the court statement which isn't copyright anyway AFAIK as it is a LE (court) statement. :-)

I hope the media parked itself outside the courthouse this morning. Think we would’ve heard officially by now though. MOO. Off to sit on hands for awhile.
Its tomorrow isn't it not today?

I think it was HNL I was looking at I will check again though. I may have mistyped it in the post. How many terminals does Honolulu have?

It depends how you count. The gates are in groups up to G I think and there is also an international terminal and an interisland terminal. But there are really just 2 big terminal buildings. The link below says 3 terminals. Terminal 1 is interisland. The map does not seem it show the international terminal. It's a little confusing to me.
http://terminalmaps.hawaii.gov:8080/hmaps/hnl

If you are referring to me, I do know about that rule and didn't post more than 10% for that reason and also stated "more at link". Plus, I was only copy pasting the court statement which isn't copyright anyway AFAIK as it is a LE (court) statement. :)

Nope, isn't you. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member