Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 17, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *mom, stepfather found* #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I bet that where ever they are, someone is watching them. This story is too big, for LEO to just drop the ball, and not know where they are tomorrow.

I doubt the Kauai police or prosecutor wants to be te one who lost them. So they are probably being watched.

My guess, is that if Lori does a "no show", the cuffs will be on her as soon as the judge posts a contempt of court order. No first class, but Idaho would pay for the plane ticket home.

Then what?
Less sure about this. Simply disobeying a court order is not a serious offense. I'm not sure Hawaii authorities want to put their heads on the block over this without considering the possibilities. Hawaii is very liberal but also there is a strong sense of the government leaving people alone. Our Governor is also very weak and he is the one who would have to sign off on extradition. I suspect he would but it is far from a slam dunk.

Grandparents of missing kids with ties to AZ arrive in Idaho, await deadline from authorities

[..]

"The whole United States is looking for the kids, and she’s on a beach in Hawaii," Kay Woodcock, their grandmother, said. Kay and Larry said they will stay in Idaho until they have answers.

"We’re in this for the long haul. This is not going to end tomorrow. I am not going to let it end. Kay is not going to let it end. Our family is not going to let this end," Larry said. "I know that once we find those kids or this comes to an end, she’ll never be in my life again. She’ll never be spoken of again. She’ll just be trash going in the trash bin."

The grandparents said they're trying to be optimistic that JJ and Tylee are okay, but they said they're not optimistic that Vallow will cooperate.

"She doesn’t do anything easy. She doesn’t make things easy. She’s got the world as her stage right now. There’s a little narcissism in there. She’s got all the attention on her--good, bad or indifferent--and it’s going to be bad if she doesn’t show up tomorrow with them," Kay said.

Rexburg police would not elaborate on what will happen if Vallow doesn't show up because those records are sealed.

Grandparents of missing kids with ties to AZ arrive in Idaho, await deadline from authorities

BBM.

I'm not going to comment about that. But I will again point out that a custody dispute simply doesn't make sense, based on everything we know. The LE testimony is just one element, among many, pointing to this not being the case. Moo.

It does make sense, I would have an attorney ready to immediately file for emergency custody if I was Kay the minute the kids are or are not produced. I think they will too based upon that statement by the grandparents. They just haven't made it a custody dispute yet and that's probably because they wanted to wait for her to reveal the location of JJ and be able to legally serve her.

Last edited:
That was my interpretation. Doesn’t look like they are rethinking the original self-defense conclusion. I’m not clear on what “open” means if they’ve decided it’s self-defense. They said again today the only reason the case is still open is because the kids are missing. I don’t get it, but I’ve been unimpressed and puzzled w/the way they’ve handled the investigation from day one.
The kids may have further evidence I guess.

[..]

"The whole United States is looking for the kids, and she’s on a beach in Hawaii," Kay Woodcock, their grandmother, said. Kay and Larry said they will stay in Idaho until they have answers.

"We’re in this for the long haul. This is not going to end tomorrow. I am not going to let it end. Kay is not going to let it end. Our family is not going to let this end," Larry said. "I know that once we find those kids or this comes to an end, she’ll never be in my life again. She’ll never be spoken of again. She’ll just be trash going in the trash bin."

The grandparents said they're trying to be optimistic that JJ and Tylee are okay, but they said they're not optimistic that Vallow will cooperate.

"She doesn’t do anything easy. She doesn’t make things easy. She’s got the world as her stage right now. There’s a little narcissism in there. She’s got all the attention on her--good, bad or indifferent--and it’s going to be bad if she doesn’t show up tomorrow with them," Kay said.

Rexburg police would not elaborate on what will happen if Vallow doesn't show up because those records are sealed.

BBM.

Well at least we are hearing from Kay. Will she be able to say what happens at court or is that not allowed?

I am still just so confused as to how they can run off to Hawaii without kids, not tell anyone where their kids are, and not be arrested on suspicion of foul play.

I get that US law is different as regards primacy of the child etc - but can criminal law be so different as regards probable cause?

This seems to open the possibility to have a Maddie style mystery where the parents say nothing?

Last edited:
That was my interpretation. Doesn’t look like they are rethinking the original self-defense conclusion. I’m not clear on what “open” means if they’ve decided it’s self-defense. They said again today the only reason the case is still open is because the kids are missing. I don’t get it, but I’ve been unimpressed and puzzled w/the way they’ve handled the investigation from day one.

This aspect of the case is completely bizarre!

It seems crazy that everyone around this couple are disappearing or dying one after the other and now here we are in late January and they are still free?

I mean who is laughing after their husband has been shot dead and has a pool party that afternoon?

It was reported that Lori and Chad arrived to Hawaii at around December 10. What are the chances that Alex saw it as Lori's abandonment and her leaving him to face the music for (potentially) multiple crimes alone? Was the investigation into the murder attempt on Brandon getting close to him? How about his (potential) role in children's disappearance? Did Lori convince him that the children's testimony in Charles' case could get him behind bars for life?

I guess what confuses me about this case is why couldn't LE have taken them into custody for questioning or a 48 hour hold or something on suspicion that they have harmed the children? Especially if they have a witness who states the couple told them Tylee died. I feel like there is some crazy privilege going on here. A low income, single mom living in the hood (for example) would be yanked up right away if her children had been missing for months & she could not produce them.

I do feel like LE is watching them very closely, but I fear they could be setting up for a dramatic stand off of some sort. I don't think Lori and Chad will go down willingly.

It was reported that Lori and Chad arrived to Hawaii at around December 10. What are the chances that Alex saw it as Lori's abandonment and her leaving him to face the music for (potentially) multiple crimes alone? Was the investigation into the murder attempt on Brandon getting close to him? How about his (potential) role in children's disappearance? Did Lori convince him that the children's testimony in Charles' case could get him behind bars for life?

Do we think Alex was the mystery gunman who confronted Chad's wife?

Did Chad and Lori think that they could just make people "disappear" from the world, go to Hawaii and live their new fantasy life?

Please don't let this happen. If Alex Cox, who is dead, gets blamed for everything, and Lori and Chad live happily ever after, in Hawaii, with all of their insurance money....

They seem to be spending money fairly quickly, although, since the world is "ending" July 2020, according to some vision...

Well at least we are hearing from Kay. Will she be able to say what happens at court or is that not allowed?

There is no court scheduled today.

5 PM today is the deadline for Lori to bring Tylee and JJ to either the Rexburg Police Department or the Idaho Department of Health and Welfare.

"The order requires Lori physically produce Tylee and Joshua to the Idaho Department of Health and Welfare in Rexburg or to the Rexburg Police within five days of being served with the order."
Lori Daybell must produce children in 5 days or may be found in contempt of court | East Idaho News

If she fails to do that, then after 5 PM today the Madison County Prosecutor can file a motion for a judge to issue a warrant for her arrest:

"If Lori fails to bring her children to Rexburg by Thursday, she could face civil or criminal contempt of court charges, the release said.
Rexburg Police Chief Shane Turman said that the Madison County Prosecutor would decide how to proceed should Lori not cooperate.
“He would talk to the judge and could get an arrest warrant for Lori,” he said."

Chad and Lori Daybell located in Hawaii, must produce missing children by Thursday

However we (the public) might not hear about it if an arrest warrant is issued because it's is a sealed process. Usually, we wouldn't even know about the existence of the order for Lori to produce the kids by 5 PM. It's up to the judge to decide if the public should to know about a warrant or any other motions in the case. At least that is how I understood the statement made by the Madison County Prosecutor yesterday: Rexburg Police Department

I don't think Kay will know if a warrant is issued either, unless the Madison County Prosecutor decides to share that info with her for some reason. But I don't think that Kay and Larry had anything to do with filing the child protection court order. That seems to be a decision on the part of the Madison County Prosecutor. Kay found out Lori was in Hawaii when she saw Nate's attempted interview on the news, just like the rest of us:

"Kay says she found out about the parents of the missing children, Lori Vallow and Chad Daybell being in Hawaii after she saw an East Idaho News exclusive in Kaua’I on Sunday."
Grandmother of Missing Child Speaks Out After Parents Were Found in Hawaii

Kay and Larry may be waiting at the police department or the Dept of Health and Welfare in hopes of getting a glimpse of the kids if Lori shows up with them. So we might find out if she sees them or if Lori is a no-show. But there's no court, no hearing scheduled today, so nothing for Kay to attend and tell us about. MOO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MollyWobbles