Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 17, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *mom, stepfather found* #12

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
First post. This case has consumed so much of my thoughts (and time, oops)
I’m so grateful for all of the awesome info from you all!

Regarding the Storage Garage:
It gave a lot of people a “bad feeling” about the children. I found it troubling, but it made me think.. Why keep so many personal belongings if they’re deceased? Seems like it could be safe keeping. JMO

Regarding the BB shooting:
Was there an alibi or mention of MB’s new husband possibly being involved? Apologies if this has already been discussed.

now to figure out all the acronyms :)

:) Hello,

:) And WELCOME !

duplicate of what others have posted before me

Wishful thinking about possible topics for Lum:
  • People and/or interviews , including Lori’s family, Meloni/new husband, Alex’s girlfriend/her adult son
  • Where the rest of the vehicles ended up
  • Autopsy results
  • Ballistics
  • Wedding details, for any/all
  • Interview with any person they tried to bring in who declined
  • Any person they asked to watch the kids who declined
  • Social media account IDs we’re unaware of that came from Tylee/Lori/anyone’s friends, & have interesting info
  • Home or business video camera footage...
  • Interviews with landlords who rent to people like this who skip out on rentals (to me that says either much less competitive rental markets than I’m used to, or LOTS of money on hand, and income on background check to
Honestly, given the way this case is going, it would not surprise me at all if the info is none of above, and is instead something else totally unexpected and crazy.

Any more ideas?

I think you covered the possibilities very well.

But ... adding to your list:

MOO ... Another "mysterious" death (related to LV)?

I hope not ... but just a thought.

Is it possible Lori hoped someone else would take care of discarding her children's things when she became delinquent on the storage unit payments and the items were thrown out/auctioned?

Regarding the sentimental items within the unit, that breaks my heart for the kids. Worst case scenario, kids are gone. Best case scenario, they're alive - but their precious items are up for grabs. MOO. I sure hope KVW & LW have a chance to obtain the items.

My narcissistic, addict bio dad "kidnapped" my brother and I as children in a custodial interference situation. He took us across state lines and put all of our treasured items (photos, mementos, journals, etc) in a storage unit as he moved us around to hotels and whatnot for a year. He defaulted on the unit and all of our items were lost. A mother myself now, I am a bit obsessed with backing up my children's photos in physical albums, cloud storage, and backup hardware storage. Lori continues to shock me with her heartless, callous actions.
That’s so hard when you have personal experiences that come to memory in such a crazy case. I think that is why I am also emotionally invested. I’m sad and scared for JJ and TR, and I’m also so angry for all the older kids, the ones who are “adults” but so young; and to have to deal with siblings disappearing (JV), dad remarrying so quickly after losing mom, and new step-dad (AC) dying on the bathroom floor in front of his eyes. These people don’t seem to care about who they hurt, and that is frightening and maddening. :mad:

I thought they only had a commitment or something, not actually a marriage - saw that in one of the articles yesterday. Can't remember which one now.

Depends on who you talk to. Nate from EIN used that term, but at least what they've been telling others is that they got married. But no one has found proof of that, but there is a question as to whether anyone could if they married in Hawaii, so I guess this is a question now. That Nate used that terminology makes me think he knows something we don't (obviously) about this specific question. If so, I wonder what Chad's kids think of that since I'm sure they are doing things the the Mormon belief would say isn't okay if they aren't officially legally married.

OK, even then, a trip from Arizona would take him about 14 hours, meaning that he would arrive to Rexburg at midnight if he left Gilbert at 10am. That is too late. And he'd have to pick up Lori on the way.
ETA: The heavy item and the tire were picked up during daytime. It could not have been on the 2nd anyway because the storage was only rented by Lori a day earlier and she hadn't brought those items in.
Yes it doesn't make sense he would be going to the unit to take the tire etc after returning from Gilbert. It would only make sense if he dropped it off on the way to Gilbert. Only way it makes sense is if it wasn't him with Lori dropping it off with his truck at the unit on the 2nd. Or he went later on the 1st after Lori signed the papers, and Nate reported the date wrong or the time and date showing on the footage is not correct.

MOO

OK, even then, a trip from Arizona would take him about 14 hours, meaning that he would arrive to Rexburg at midnight if he left Gilbert at 10am. That is too late. And he'd have to pick up Lori on the way.
ETA: The heavy item and the tire were picked up during daytime. It could not have been on the 2nd anyway because the storage was only rented by Lori a day earlier and she hadn't brought those items in.
I checked the transcript for time: Brandon called 911 immediately after the shooting, at approximately 9:15am.

Last edited:

I think you covered the possibilities very well.

But ... adding to your list:

MOO ... Another "mysterious" death (related to LV)?

I hope not ... but just a thought.
I’ll add to the list.

A conversation with the one who found Alex dead.

A conversation with an ex spouse of MB’s new spouse?

Just noting: The truck seen on video at Lori's Rexburg storage unit in October:
View attachment 230117
Lori Daybell abandoned a storage unit in Rexburg full of children's items | East Idaho News

Matches the truck Alex said was his parked in the driveway in Chandler when Charles was shot July 11th from the body cam footage: CHANDLER PD BODY CAM: ***WARNING***... - Justin Lum Fox 10 Phoenix
I hope we get to see the footage from this camera. It looks more promising for positive ID than the footage inside the building.

Imo regarding the storage unit. I believe it was staged to look like an innocent reason to have a storage unit and that she kept the things because the kids would get them again soon, or so she may wanted people to believe.
On top of that she didn't have to get rid of the stuff herself, if she didn't pay someone else would have to get rid of it for her.

Regarding BB attempt, imo I believe MB perfectly capable of doing the deed herself, maybe new hubby helped.

Imo The unit was a little after the kids were last seen and I believe it somehow has to do with the kids disappearance Imo I believe Alex helped in some way with the disposal of them if not the actual event and that is why he had to die, imo I believe he was murdered.

The simple fact that she tried to sell the service animal, with the actual ad stating owner was deceased makes me believe they are gone. I asked earlier about any inheritance from CV, what if there was one and the monies went to the kid(s)? Might that be motive? I can see her justifying their death s in so many ways in her sick twisted mind.
I've been following for the last few weeks and you just can't make this stuff up.
Love the flyers and billboard ideas and would contribute to a
So many unanswered questions....I believe LE is on it, though it may not look like it for now.

I’ll add to the list.

A conversation with the one who found Alex dead.

A conversation with an ex spouse of MB’s new spouse?
I think Justin's topic will exclude anything from Idaho, because that's Nate's domain. It seems that it's something Arizona-based, because Justin mentioned other Arizona news outlets as competition.

You're right :)

I didn't calculate drive time, nor do I remember if it was daylight.

Depends on who you talk to. Nate from EIN used that term, but at least what they've been telling others is that they got married. But no one has found proof of that, but there is a question as to whether anyone could if they married in Hawaii, so I guess this is a question now. That Nate used that terminology makes me think he knows something we don't (obviously) about this specific question. If so, I wonder what Chad's kids think of that since I'm sure they are doing things the the Mormon belief would say isn't okay if they aren't officially legally married.

It would probably take a few weeks to receive the marriage certificate in the mail, assuming they legally married. Would they have it mailed to Idaho? I noticed somewhere in my searches that a LV (LR), not sure which name, had a post office box address in Sugar City? MOO

I'd definitely like to see an interview with Alex's 25yo stepson who didn't seem to know he was a stepson... (and I'm glad it was a 25yo, and not 13yo, as was previously talked about!)

Does Alex have any ex wives?
I think Justin's topic will exclude anything from Idaho, because that's Nate's domain. It seems that it's something Arizona-based, because Justin mentioned other Arizona news outlets as competition.
Both good points. I agree with your assessment there.
But what about potential interviews of those not in either Idaho or Arizona? Fair game?

...For me, I’m curious what his build is like... the storage unit is in Rexburg, after all...
Another possibility I haven't seen is one of the men moving things in/out of self storage could be the neighbor who helped Lori and Alex move in and whose kids were friendly with JJ. They could have asked him to help move a few things. Google maps says the storage place is only 3 minutes from the apartment so it isn't asking too much of a neighbor's time. Some people are just good neighbors, I don't want to throw everyone that came across LV under the bus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member