Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 17, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *mom, stepfather found* #12

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone asked about his appearance. His Facebook is wide open -- his pictures are visible. Sorry to be so cryptic but I don't think he's fair game.
Agreed... I thought you were saying there was more to it. Yes you’re right. He is not!

@RexburgSleuth - I’m not even sure exactly what I’m trying to figure out here, but... something is subconsciously bugging me.

Absolutely don’t answer if you can’t, shouldn’t, don’t want to, it might out you, etc. I’m not really trying to be nosy, these are just questions that popped into my head as I’m trying to get at whatever it is I feel like I’ve missed. (I promise, not gonna take offense if you decline to answer any of it.)
  • Why is LE asking you about the Jeep? Is it reasonable to think you might have seen it? Do you live or work somewhat near the Daybells or the townhouse group that you might have seen it? Does LE think that someone might have driven it to church or attended the church?
  • Did you believe they asked others about the Jeep? A few, or many? The other questions that you have to keep to yourself... were those asked of just you, or many?
  • What led to police questioning you? Did they think you might have info based on proximity to people or places? Did someone else give them your name? Or did you contact police, believing you might have useful information?
  • Do you believe the local police have interviewed many community members? Or just a few?
  • I noticed in a more recent post that you used the word “friend” multiple times in regard to Chad Daybell. Previously I’d been under the assumption (not sure why) that he was more of an acquaintance, that you knew him as someone else who went to the same church, but not much more. How would you actually describe the relationship? How do you think he would?
  • Prior to this situation becoming known, was he someone you believed would confide in you?
  • What’s your perception of the number and kind of relationship (friends, acquaintances) that Daybell had? Were you aware of other people you’d presume Daybell would confide in?
  • I’d also had the impression that you knew Tammy or one of their kids better than Chad. Is that accurate?
  • Are there any red flags that only became noticeable to you in hindsight?
And finally... are you doing ok? I ask because your post after the Hawaii interview, where you used the word friend several times, it seemed like actually seeing him on video might have made it all more real. You came across as disappointed, sad, and maybe even hurt.
No. I can't say why. Sorry.
I know others have been asked about the Jeep. As I've said before I was also asked about Alex's truck (I formerly assumed it was Charles' truck) and Lori's Nissan Rogue and certain persons involved in the case.
I've no idea how many others may have been interviewed.
More than acquaintance, less than family. Friend of the family (as verified title states).
I thought he would have confided in me more than he has. I had no idea about many of the things he's doing and done.
Yes, quite a few red flags. I've shared these with LEOs.

Doing OK? Short answer is yes and no. Everything is hitting pretty hard. I've written a letter to Chad asking him to come forward. I just can't seem to hit "Post Reply".

Why did Nate not reveal the date they unloaded the heavy item and the tire from the storage unit??

I think it's so we can't work out whether Alex could have been in Gilbert on the 2nd. Drat!

Lori Daybell abandoned a storage unit in Rexburg full of children's items | East Idaho News
Nate said Lori and a man (presumed her brother Alex) were there on 2nd and 3rd. One of those times, they unloaded the heavy tote. I am wonder why there was no footage of loading the "heavy tote" (Jeep seat) and tire. Then he's alone several times Oct 6th through 26th.

Does anyone local know if this particular storage facility is 24-hour or limited hours? Both exist, and the details aren’t always advertised.
"Our facility is protected 24/7 by Elite Surveillance Cameras LLC and we have an employee that lives on site!" - Self Storage in Idaho | Self Storage Plus

I think Justin Lum’s info has to deal with Tylee and JJ since he says this remains about the two in his post. Maybe he can place them in Arizona sometime after September? I am also wondering who made the 5:00 now 5:30 decision for breaking this news? Him? The station? The police? Could something else be happening today?
Does his station have 5:00 local news and 5:30 national news?

I might be missing something here. But what if he flew down and flew back, and drove the jeep that was already down there?
The time from 9:15 shooting in Gilbert, AZ (without Daylight Savings time) to 13:18 in Rexburg, ID (Mountain Daylight Time) is 3 hours. Not possible. It's 3+ hour flight and 40 minute drive from Idaho Falls airport to Rexburg.

ETA: Also, it appears to me that the two clips of Lori and Alex in the unit are first Oct 2nd at 13:18 they open the unit (He's walking slow, jacket zipped). Cut to the clip of Alex's truck. Then the next clip (no time stamp) they're entering the building again (his jacket unzipped this time) to remove the seat and tire. It looks like they loaded the seat in on Oct 2nd and loaded it out on Oct 3rd. MOO.

Last edited:
Doing OK? Short answer is yes and no. Everything is hitting pretty hard. I've written a letter to Chad asking him to come forward. I just can't seem to hit "Post Reply".

SBM

Thank you for being here. Thank you for sharing your insights. I am truly sorry for all you are going through as a result of this mess.

Aside from the pictures, I noticed there was an outdoor theme. Bicycles, scooters, ice skates, ball glove, snow boots, gloves. Jmo
I can see bikes, scooters, baseball glove, and other outdoor gear being put away for the winter. The skates and boots are troubling, but I could argue these are for the kids and the kids have grown since the last time they needed winter gear. They have been in Arizona for years. The storage locker details floored me at first, I was certain it meant the worst. Now I'm not as convinced. The blankets and pictures and personal things are hard to overlook, but LV is not thinking like most of the rest of us. Borderline personality, narcissist, sociopath,...whatever your opinion of her, I can't say discarding family pictures is near the top of the list of destructive things she has done. MOO

Justin is on the local Fox affliate, hence they don't have national news. (I think they don't have national news..LOL)
Well, so much for that theory. I thought perhaps the network wanted to break it nationally. His editing dept probably just needs an extra half hour. Or he’s doing a live interview and expects traffic to be bad.

Now I’m wondering big is this story in the Phoenix market? In Denver, it’s been mentioned once or twice but no news outlets seem to be actively following the story. Hoping it’s bigger in AZ since people involved are actually from there.

Depends on who you talk to. Nate from EIN used that term, but at least what they've been telling others is that they got married. But no one has found proof of that, but there is a question as to whether anyone could if they married in Hawaii, so I guess this is a question now. That Nate used that terminology makes me think he knows something we don't (obviously) about this specific question. If so, I wonder what Chad's kids think of that since I'm sure they are doing things the the Mormon belief would say isn't okay if they aren't officially legally married.
That said, LDS folks do sometimes refer to their civil marriage as a "commitment ceremony" in order to differentiate it from the religious temple ceremony. For example, a family member of mine was recently married in an LDS temple, and they signed the marriage license there, but then held a "commitment ceremony" that evening basically just going through the motions of a standard wedding (walk down the aisle, vows, rings, etc) that all friends and family who are not LDS could attend. It's considered a way to be inclusive of non-religous or inactive loved ones. So, maybe they are still legally married but ALSO held a commitment ceremony. Just my $.02

That said, LDS folks do sometimes refer to their civil marriage as a "commitment ceremony" in order to differentiate it from the religious temple ceremony. For example, a family member of mine was recently married in an LDS temple, and they signed the marriage license there, but then held a "commitment ceremony" that evening basically just going through the motions of a standard wedding (walk down the aisle, vows, rings, etc) that all friends and family who are not LDS could attend. It's considered a way to be inclusive of non-religous or inactive loved ones. So, maybe they are still legally married but ALSO held a commitment ceremony. Just my $.02

I have only heard that referred to as a 'ring ceremony.'

The only thing I have heard (in my limited little view of life over here) called a "commitment ceremony" would refer to a couple choosing something that isn't legally binding because they either can't or don't wish it to be legally binding.

Think it's out of bounds for this group, but there's no reason you can check out a face in the book and quietly think to yourself "Hmm....I wonder why he posted THAT picture."
Ah, yes. Thank you. I forgot I'd already looked at that. I'm not great at visual comparisons.
And why? Positive PR and location proof?

I haven't been able to keep up...how did the video/pics from the storage unit come to light? Has LE been able to get into the unit?
The police searched the storage unit back when they searched their home. Took records of everything and closed it back up. Lori's credit card got declined multiple times and the storage unit contacted police about the unit.

ETA: Also, it appears to me that the two clips of Lori and Alex in the unit are first Oct 2nd at 13:18 they open the unit (He's walking slow, jacket zipped). Cut to the clip of Alex's truck. Then the next clip (no time stamp) they're entering the building again (his jacket unzipped this time) to remove the seat and tire. It looks like they loaded the seat in on Oct 2nd and loaded it out on Oct 3rd. MOO.
BBM. I think you're right. Out of 9 October visits:

1 by Lori (1st)
2 by Lori and Alex (2nd and 3rd - implied)
5 by Alex (from 6th to 26th)
1 by two men (28th)

Thank you and to everyone else who explained.

The police searched the storage unit back when they searched their home. Took records of everything and closed it back up. Lori's credit card got declined multiple times and the storage unit contacted police about the unit.

No. I can't say why. Sorry.
I know others have been asked about the Jeep. As I've said before I was also asked about Alex's truck (I formerly assumed it was Charles' truck) and Lori's Nissan Rogue and certain persons involved in the case.
I've no idea how many others may have been interviewed.
More than acquaintance, less than family. Friend of the family (as verified title states).
I thought he would have confided in me more than he has. I had no idea about many of the things he's doing and done.
Yes, quite a few red flags. I've shared these with LEOs.

Nate said Lori and a man (presumed her brother Alex) were there on 2nd and 3rd. One of those times, they unloaded the heavy tote. I am wonder why there was no footage of loading the "heavy tote" (Jeep seat) and tire. Then he's alone several times Oct 6th through 26th.

"Our facility is protected 24/7 by Elite Surveillance Cameras LLC and we have an employee that lives on site!" - Self Storage in Idaho | Self Storage Plus

I would imagine your sense of peace - of people and place has been thrown off kilter - the way a diagnosis of illness of someone you know or are close to does. You adapt, but things aren't the same. The world you knew has changed and you can't go back. I am very sorry for you and all who are personally touched by these events. I think we all here, collective strangers, wish you the best. Thank you for helping us.

I haven't been able to keep up...how did the video/pics from the storage unit come to light? Has LE been able to get into the unit?

Total guess, but I'm thinking those pictures came to light because the investigators wanted them seen after the incident in the parking lot at the Kauai resort. Not necessarily seen by us, but by Chad, Lori, and others who might be involved. So they reconnected (to borrow a word) with their friend, Nate from Idaho, and turned him loose to release what he shared.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member