Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 17, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *mom, stepfather found* #12

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m starting to wonder about something. Lori thinks she’s the beneficiary of Charles’s life insurance. Whether she knew about the change before or after his death, I don’t know. But who is the beneficiary? Charles’ sister, Kay.

I am starting to think that Lori got rid of JJ to hurt Kay. Lori knows that Kay loves JJ.

Lori is likely VERY pissed that Kay is the beneficiary.

What if there is life insurance as well as other assets? CV may well have left an inheritance to JJ to be administered by Kay, whereas the life insurance could be a separate issue and it looks like the spouse (Lori) may have entitlement to that MOO.

We just had a life insurance dispute and the life insurance company wouldn’t pay out until one side had withdrawn claims to it. They don’t want to be in a legal mess, and will hold the money, accruing interest, until it is settled.

ETA: withdrawn claims by stating in writing and sending it to the LI company that they weren’t pursuing it

I found Charles!!! Harris County...Just put Vallow in the search. Attempting the first name messes it up. He's the only Vallow.
Filed on 1/14/2020 (No mention of Lori)

Web Inquiry

Great Find!!!

We have to keep in mind that Charles is not his legal first name - Leland is his first name.

The Parties named are not who I expected to see there based on media reports (can't name them/sleuth them here but it's not Kay and Larry).

I agree there seems to be a different level of attachment between Lori and Tylee that doesn't seem to be there with JJ. I dont think Lori would ever hurt Tylee, and I'm hoping Tylee would never let Lori hurt JJ, or at least wouldn't stay silent about it if she did.
That is exactly Lori's problem with Tylee, she wouldn't stay silent about a lot of things. Poor Tylee knew a lot about a lot of things.

Did she know she wasn't the beneficiary? That might have been a nasty surprise. Jmo

I’m fairly sure that Lori finding out about that meant “plan B” which was Tammy’s death and life insurance payout. Too bad nobody warned Tammy to change her beneficiary to one of her kids instead. Also, JJ could’ve been getting some SS benefits that Lori was “managing” (as his sole guardian). Would have been good for her to use those funds to pay for LIFE academy or other needed services of course, but no.

He was an estate planner... and his life was threatened. If anyone would set up a trust, it would have been him. More sloppy financial housecleaning? Joe left Lori 75K after divorced, what, over 10 years? Perhaps he was in disbelieve as to how evil she could be?

I thought Joe left Tylee the $75,000. He surely knew how evil Lori could be.

So another weird autism nuance. Its not that uncommon for parents of autistic children to come off like they feel burdened by their kids. There are a variety of reasons for this generally, from having the realization that your child will be different from all the dreams you had, to coming to terms with possible financial, emotional, and physical strains long term care might cause. I know some parents with nonverbal children that if you just casually overheard one of their conversations you might think was a heartless monster who hates their kids, but knowing them personally I know that's as far from the truth as possible. I understand both sides of this situation, I know how hard it is and how much sacrifice is involved in creating a safe nurturing environment for kids like JJ, and I get that parents often get overwhelmed and need to vent. That being said, the kids arent oblivious, and are just trying to find a way to a happy life, they're not trying to be a bother. I really feel for both sides, but I tend to speak up more for the kids because they sometimes dont have a viable way to do it for themselves. Long story short, Lori might not have been as fed up with JJ as she appears, a lot of loving parents to autistic children come off that way too. When they do, I tend to show them this:
Stimmy+meltdown+comic+hearing.jpg

There is a whole other component to the parent-child relationship in that JJ is adopted. Lori doesn’t have a biological connection to JJ and that makes a real difference here.

CSH means civil case. Dont know what APE is. Looks like people fighting over dead Alex's assets...
I had to file probate for my mother's estate, total value of under $20k. Nobody was fighting over it, that is just a requirement in the state where she died, but I looked it up and my name is on the probate court history. This was NOT in Arizona so maybe not relevant, I'm just saying filing for probate doesn't necessarily mean there is a fight. MOO

The Parties named are not who I expected to see there based on media reports (can't name them/sleuth them here but it's not Kay and Larry).

Yes, this is an outside interested party. Maybe they saw the news? At one time Charles owned the company named in the filing exhibit but he disolved it in January of 2018. It was also an LLC so not sure how that would impact a private estate.

Edited to cut out the part of my post that someone else has already answered.

I can't see an insurance company making any payouts on a policy where the case is still open and being actively investigated. In Tammy's case, I could see them paying out quickly unless LE notified them that there were some red flags. Not sure if they do that.
Totally MOO as I don't have experience but I can't see the insurance company paying out quickly in the case of someone getting two bullets to the chest. Insurance companies have their own investigators, right?

I could see anything related to TD paying quickly as that was originally ruled natural causes. If that comes back more fishy like we all think what is the insurance company's move? Do they have to sue to get that money back, meaning it is under the control of CD until the day he doesn't show up in court for the lawsuit?

Someone mentioned (much) earlier that there is a waiting period on life insurance, if the policy is changed the old policy is in effect for some time. This prevents people from upping the insurance the day before they off the insured. Is this universal?

Yes, this is an outside interested party. Maybe they saw the news? At one time Charles owned the company named in the filing exhibit but he disolved it in January of 2018. It was also an LLC so not sure how that would impact a private estate.
If he named them as executors, that would make sense. Probate is weird and has a million random rules and ways they do things. In Oregon, they follow lines of succession for executor unless there are named executors in a will, for example. I would assume AZ is similar.

Totally MOO as I don't have experience but I can't see the insurance company paying out quickly in the case of someone getting two bullets to the chest. Insurance companies have their own investigators, right?

I could see anything related to TD paying quickly as that was originally ruled natural causes. If that comes back more fishy like we all think what is the insurance company's move? Do they have to sue to get that money back, meaning it is under the control of CD until the day he doesn't show up in court for the lawsuit?

Someone mentioned (much) earlier that there is a waiting period on life insurance, if the policy is changed the old policy is in effect for some time. This prevents people from upping the insurance the day before they off the insured. Is this universal?
No, not universal. Depends on the policy and the wording.

I didn't see if anyone answered this question. The hotel was never mentioned by name in any articles but it is shown about 1:25 mark in the video here: Lawyers: Husband of Lori Vallow made prediction on who will kill him months before he died

The hotel shown is TRU: By Hilton.

The hotel is only 3.6 miles from the school: خرائط ‪Google‬‏‏

Also interesting in that video is that the employee says Charles had been living at the hotel "for weeks". Lori told the Chandler PD that Charles came into town unexpectedly on Wed and demanded via text the night before to take JJ to school on Thurs and Friday. Lori also made it sound like CV asking to do that was messing up JJ's routine and she portrayed JJ as afraid of his dad and not wanting CV to take him to school. Now that we know that the police got JJ's records from school I wonder if the school has it documented who brought JJ to school each day in the weeks leading up to July 11? IMO, I would not be surprised at all if CV had been picking JJ up and taking him to school almost everyday since they came back to AZ in June. But Lori said CV had hardly been there at all. School records would have the order of protection, reports to CPS and who was taking JJ to school each day. Those school records could be a goldmine for police trying to make Conspiracy to Commit 1st Degree Murder charges stick. And they are only a small piece of this very complex puzzle. MOO.
Maybe LE was at the school this week to look at video footage. If CV brought JJ to school the day before he died, her story is sunk. MOO

Last edited:
Random reminders ..

TOS requires that members provide a link to information stated as fact. So please no things like "oh hey, article in ABCD news says ...". You can say it, but you must include a link or the post will be removed.

Please stay on topic. Off topic posts will be removed.

NO sleuthing of living family members. If they say something in MSM or something is said about them in MSM, you may discuss what is said. You may NOT take what is said and sleuth out details on the individual and post about them on the public thread. Posts sleuthing family members will be removed.

(snip)
The life of any spouse or relative of the core 4 would have been in jeopardy from the start of the conspiracy. The spouses (excl AC, as he was not married at the time the conspiracy started): CV, TD, and BB, were all targeted. These individuals suspected nothing (at least nothing on the scale which I'm proposing). They were not true believers (and even if they had been, it might not have protected them - the most deluded would have still murdered the least deluded).

AC may have had a change in heart resulting in him either being murdered by the other 3 or committing suicide. He also had been unable to raise funds of his own...
Or...AC married someone with assets to get in on all the fun? And in my fantasy world he got the recipe for poison from CD but screwed it up and poisoned himself. MOO of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member