Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 17, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *mom, stepfather found* #14

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's what I find odd about all of this. I recently got divorced in Arizona while living in Hawaii. The service was by my ex-wife's attorney contacting me by email and asking if I would waive service. I said "sure" because it was uncontested and I wanted to make things simple. She then said "I'll send you something to be notarized." Now, having things notarized is something else extremely challenging on neighbor islands in Hawaii. There are notaries, but sometime you have to drive 100 miles to hope to get there when they are open. So I said "you'll have to have me served if the alternative is dealing with finding a notary." The lawyer said, ok, we can do it by email if you reply and acknowledge receipt.

The point is, the only reason he would have had to pursue her to accept service like that is if she did not want to get divorced. Maybe she didn't. But after 13 years of marriage and with a special needs kid of his, and with minimal earning power and his high income, if she wanted him out, she would have been way better off agreeing to the divorce and bleeding him financially. Sure, she expected life insurance but she could have negotiated for that in the divorce given their joint adoption of JJ and his age.

None of it makes sense.
I think she didn't want a divorce be cause she wanted him dead and wanted the life insurance. The fact that CV told his attorney if he turned up dead it was Alex and Lori and he had the sense to change his life insurance beneficiary means she did not fool him but did utimately kill him. I just wish he had told her about the beneficiary change. I hope he changed his will too.

TYVM. So what do you think Lori is still doing checking into that app every few weeks or days? That's weird isn't it?

It IS strange. It seems the app is used for announcements and/or general (meant for everyone) messages, but I also noticed there are tabs at the top 1) Feed 2) Behavior 3) Portfolios 4) Signups - and I'm wondering if any type of private/personalized messages could be posted under those headings? I mean, if there is a behavior problem (or improvement) would it be posted publicly? I may be wrong and misunderstanding the app and it's use.

TYVM. So what do you think Lori is still doing checking into that app every few weeks or days? That's weird isn't it?

The only reason I could think for her to be checking the APP is the email, possibly. However ours is setup I can only email the director or my child's teacher not other parent's but the app before we could email anyone who was registered. If JJ was still enrolled on the APP she would also be able to see all "group pictures and class activities". Maybe she just checks all her notifications, but there is seriously nothing on the APP unless your child is in the class. For example on days my daughter is sick there is nothing for that day, so hers would theoretically be empty every day JJ wasn't there.

HOWEVER, the big HOWEVER is parents get emails whenever there is an "event" at the school, for example fire drill, police presence, etc... If I had to have the biggest guess she is checking to see if they emailed all parents about her and this situation.

KonaHona. THE HUGE THING ON MY MIND AND PROBABLY OTHERS... Is there anything/anyone/FBI stopping them from flying to a country or island without an extradition treaty with the USA....

I would assume if the kids were not alive, they would've tried to leave already... so at least there might be some hope for the kids being found alive!
When they served the search warrant on them and took her purse, could they have also taken their passports?

Interesting, I'm just confused if you can trace phone's and most people know that why would Dumb and Dumber bring the daughter's phone to Hawaii.. when they obviously could've smashed the cell phone and sim and chucked it. Why would LV preserve this phone, that might contain a treasure trove of data... seems so strange to me...
Cos they're dumb? :-)

I guess to put it country simple, LV has not even pleaded that the kids are hidden somewhere.

So as such, the Court would have little basis to consider that option

It is wild speculation, not argued by either side.
Why didn't she even contest the beneficiary change on the life insurance?

And still, nothing! Not a word from him since he first was retained by them and put forth his statement! And when Lori was legally obligated to bring the children to Rexburg he was conveniently absent! Not a word! Not a peep! Not even a sighting of him has been reported this entire time at any of the legal proceedings!

What gives?!?

snipped by me

What gives is most likely that he hasn't been paid. Lawyers don't stand by clients for free.

Well I am glad the Kauai public are keeping an eye on them for us.
I know, I get it, it's just sick. They are both getting more and more attention, more people are reading his books...its like they are getting what they wanted MOO, yuck! All I can say anymore about this case, but of course if I see them I'll try to get a photo for you guys.

It's a legitimate problem to have someone totally without association to the school having access to whatever is announced or discussed there....

Agreed, if she was able to access anything private or confidential. However, this continuing access was probably access to public, general information. And it may or may not have been allowed with LE knowledge. I doubt anything confidential or private is posted that she could access. Most likely things like weather closings, holidays, sports or lunch menus. To access private info, grades, for example, I’m sure there are login protocols to protect the information.
I’m glad the school didn’t cut off her access. I’ll even stick my neck out and say too bad they let this information out to the public. It may be that these inquiries by her will assist in breaking the case. It certainly helps in establishing a time line, I think. I’m not in IT, but if her geographic location at the times of inquiry can be tracked, so much the better. The school is not breaking any laws by allowing general inquiries. I would bet any of us could access the school info like she did. If she used previously granted access with login and password combination, her access still is limited to her information and JJ’s info. She was not allowed access to other student's confidential information then or now.
I’m fairly certain that this is how the school operates its website. When I tried to access my school district’s information for adult education classes, there were piles of categories I could access.
But I do wonder if the school would or did send out private messages to all requesting assistance with tips. Maybe with this new information, parents and students can revisit the time periods involved. Any little thing could be useful in piecing this disappearance together. And all the dead bodies, as well.
Any innocent family members need to be exonerated if they are being sucked into the mess. Whether those persons with insider knowledge choose to remain silent or reveal what they know, is their decision.

Do those who know Chad think he is sly like a fox, manipulative, conniving? Or has he truly fallen deeply into religious mania which is leading him to be a conspirator of potentially the worst of crimes, murder.
He's not the Messiah - he's a very naughty boy!

IMO the alternative to being a phony is that Chad believes in his own alternate and upgraded (in his mind) version of the Mormon doctrine in which he has a much bigger role. The one in which spiritual goals justify any action. At the moment he's hiding behind mainstream LDS.

I'm wondering where Chad and Lori's attorney is in all of this? As far as I know he's been conspicuously absent every step of the way. He wasn't there on the date Lori was supposed to produce the children. Not a peep of his whereabouts when KW and LW filed for custody. Same goes for yesterday's two hour court hearing.

Surely if this was a custody dispute from the beginning, as some people claim, this is exactly what they retained him for, right? Surely, if they are "loving" and "devoted" parents as he said then he'd make his presence known and fight every step of the way for Lori and Chad's best interests now that it has become a custody dispute? Certainly he'd be there for them regardless of what this whole thing is about, right? And most certainly if he's "[looking] forward to addressing the allegations once they have moved beyond speculation and rumor" he'd be actively doing just that now that things have begun moving in the court system, right?

And still, nothing! Not a word from him since he first was retained by them and put forth his statement! And when Lori was legally obligated to bring the children to Rexburg he was conveniently absent! Not a word! Not a peep! Not even a sighting of him has been reported this entire time at any of the legal proceedings!

What gives?!?
He may have been at court for all we know right? How would we know as the procedures are sealed?

Could that be what the regular church visits are about while in Kaua’i? As well as trying to give off the appearance of innocence and ‘nothing to see here’ maybe they are needing to be sealed after their civil ceremony? MOO

I think it's a bit futile for the average person to try to predict what these two might be up to.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member