Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 17, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *mom, stepfather found* #14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been lurking in these threads for weeks now. I finally found something to comment on!

As far as finding poisons in an embalmed body - there is a lot that science can do now to find traces of poisons in tissues and hair. Just because a body has been embalmed does not mean that it won't have traces left behind or evidence of the presence of poisons, such as damage to the lining of the stomach. Hair will hold onto a lot of chemicals for long periods of time as well, although it can become contaminated during the process of moving and burying the body. Any tissues left behind can have traces of chemicals that can be found through various chemical techniques like gas spectrometry.

Arsenic in particular causes bodies to decompose differently and at different rates than bodies that were not poisoned. There have been experiments run that show adipocere forming in the soft tissues of bodies that were previously given arsenic. Adipocere can actually preserve tissues within the body like the person had just died, so the tissues will still look red and fresh. Arsenic also has been shown to allow bodies to dry out like what happens with mummification.

If needed, I can get out my medicolegal death investigation textbook to look up information for us when needed. I just finished getting my MS in Criminal Justice with a specialization in criminal investigation. I focused a lot on death investigation while in school, so this topic interests me greatly!
The one poison possibility I brought up several threads ago was Formaldehyde. I would be curious if it leaves behind tell-tale signs that can be uncovered even after embalming.

I am thinking that as well. Tammy's life had a lot of upheaval anyway. She had always lived in Utah (and remember Utah is the number 1 state for anti-depressant usage), and did not want to move to Idaho. They had had a bankruptcy already, and in my very strong opinion --never had money-- Look, their house in Springville was only valued at $137K, when they sold it to Tammy's parents in 2015, at 93K when they bought it in 1998. These folks raised 5 kids and never had much money. This high style living---where the h is it coming from.

BBM. Interesting, why is that?

He holds on to her hand in every photo like she’s a balloon that will float away. Cut the cord, Chad. Holding tight isn’t going to save either of you from justice.

I swear you are reading my mind with the comments you are posting today. We are getting madder by the minute. We will all be crazy by the time we have all watched a 2 hour Dateline episode.MOO

I'm wondering if there's anybody in TD's family circle who's into those herbal supplements, or who sells for a company like Nature's Sunshine etc., or otherwise involved in the health supplements lifestyle?
None that I am aware of. They didn't hold selling parties or hound people to try this or that.

Ha. Maybe when the company credit card bill came in. We never found out what that family emergency was did we?
No indication there was an emergency except the reported change to the event schedule.

I'd say the possibility of Chad having been in Hawaii for part of this time can't be totally ruled out. If he was then he might have met Tylee at the same time. However, I'd be amazed if it was for too long. How does he justify being in Hawaii to Tammy at that point? Or does he lie about where he is? (Obviously if he was there he lied about what he was doing there.)
When was it he went to Hawaii to edit a book? Do you remember?

I have been lurking in these threads for weeks now. I finally found something to comment on!

As far as finding poisons in an embalmed body - there is a lot that science can do now to find traces of poisons in tissues and hair. Just because a body has been embalmed does not mean that it won't have traces left behind or evidence of the presence of poisons, such as damage to the lining of the stomach. Hair will hold onto a lot of chemicals for long periods of time as well, although it can become contaminated during the process of moving and burying the body. Any tissues left behind can have traces of chemicals that can be found through various chemical techniques like gas spectrometry.

Arsenic in particular causes bodies to decompose differently and at different rates than bodies that were not poisoned. There have been experiments run that show adipocere forming in the soft tissues of bodies that were previously given arsenic. Adipocere can actually preserve tissues within the body like the person had just died, so the tissues will still look red and fresh. Arsenic also has been shown to allow bodies to dry out like what happens with mummification.

If needed, I can get out my medicolegal death investigation textbook to look up information for us when needed. I just finished getting my MS in Criminal Justice with a specialization in criminal investigation. I focused a lot on death investigation while in school, so this topic interests me greatly!
Very interesting info. TYVM.

Ironically, in this article meant to correct errors, Tammy is again referred to as Chad’s ex-wife. This gets to me since they were still married. She wasn’t even his estranged wife, as in the case of Charles and Lori. She was his wife.
Good point. What did Chad do? Get an "emergency death certificate" so he could get married?

He holds on to her hand in every photo like she’s a balloon that will float away. Cut the cord, Chad. Holding tight isn’t going to save either of you from justice.
I feel like he needs to enjoy the hand-holding and three a days as it will most likely come to a grinding halt in the near future. Chad commented that Tammy worked to bring him to Lori quickly after her death- I think if Tammy is working on anything it will be to expose the truth of her death and those of any others involved in this horrible tragedy.

Forgive if I didn't dig deep enough in the threads, but does anyone have access to the Preparing a People podcast that Chad did with Lori and her co-host Melanie Gibb in September, about a month before his wife died? Also, on Melanie's author page for her book, she has a bio written by Chad where he talks about meeting her and a friend, I think back in 2018. Sounds like Lori was the friend? He definitely went to AZ for that, per Chad's bio of Melanie.
Preparing A People Podcast Network
Also
Feel The Fire – by Melanie Gibb
None of us have found it because the media company pulled his podcasts. Let us know if you find another source though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timbo1966