Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 17, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *mom, stepfather found* #15

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do we really know how successful it was. Plenty of small businesses have no retirement plans.

I was pointing this out in response to a comment that appeared to be thinking in terms of a retirement plan that would be typical for a medium or large corporation, not a small business with at most a handful of employees like what Charles had. As for how much income he had, he at least claimed in one document I saw here (or linked to from here) that he was claiming to have and income of 20K per month. That's not as good as what Chad and Lori claimed, but is more believable too.

The consensus here is that Lori and Chad still have their passports.
Oh when was that reached? I must have missed it.
I'm concerned about the girl in the article.

The problem with Tylee is that she looks like so many other kids her age. Someone in Kauai who is friends of a friend of Tylee said they saw her at a McDonald's a few weeks ago.
Well I hope they reported it. Do you know if they did?

Do you think they still have their passports then? I figured they wouldn't. If the search warrant took their phones and purse contents don't you think the passports were confiscated too? I suppose it is irrelevent as the latest article from Nate says FBI and LE would be tracking their movements anyway.
I very much doubt the phones were kept. I expect the data was extracted and then given back. The phones would be more useful to LE in the possession of the POIs, where they can be tracked if they haven't dumped them and bought new ones. IMO

I was pointing this out in response to a comment that appeared to be thinking in terms of a retirement plan that would be typical for a medium or large corporation, not a small business with at most a handful of employees like what Charles had. As for how much income he had, he at least claimed in one document I saw here (or linked to from here) that he was claiming to have and income of 20K per month. That's not as good as what Chad and Lori claimed, but is more believable too.
His business couldn't pay his employees after Lori took that $35k so I don't know if they did eventually get paid. If there was no money for them then probably no money for CV's salary. I don't remember reading if he sorted that lack of funds out.

That's seems more than the average employee life insurance...but it's been awhile....I think hubby had a $10,000 policy through his work. It was a nominal thing.....

This was in regards to Tammy, right? I would call a typical life insurance provided by an employer to be somewhere between a flat 10 or 20K up to something like 1 or 2 times the person's annual salary. Governmental agencies including school districts *might* tend to be a bit better in this regard. It is also common, at least for private companies (I assume government is the same, but don't know for sure) to have the option of increasing whatever insurance the employer buys by paying an additional premium. The advantage of doing this over an individual kind of policy having nothing to do with your employer is the premiums are a bit better and depending on the timing when you sign up (first chance you get rather than waiting) then you might not have to get any of the health checkups that are often required getting life insurance on the open market. IIRC, my employer pays for 1X my annual salary and I can get an additional supplement that goes up to 5X salary, so my maximum through work would be 6X salary. That's better than many companies and probably not as good as others.

All of that is to say that based on my experience it is very possible that Tammy had the 400K insurance someone said although if she did it would have probably been because she paid extra premium and got the maximum allowed. I think someone posted a link to the appropriate website for the school district she worked for that showed life insurance was definitely available, but the face values possible weren't on that webpage. I'm not sure where the person who thought he or she knew how much insurance Tammy had got that info. Does anyone have a link to that?

MOO

Edit: just saw the 400K came from Dateline which I haven't seen yet. :)

I think at this point what we are watching is based on lust. I think Chad and Lori see the "prepper" type people as a vulnerable group of people to extract money from. At this point, neither Chad nor Lori are actually walking the walk or talking the talk of people that believe anything to do with any of this. MOO.

Exactly! My hopes are that their supporters/victims, see all this and start waking up.

Oh when was that reached? I must have missed it.

Well I hope they reported it. Do you know if they did?
They did report it but no one followed up with them. In fact, two other couples reported the same girl as being Tylee as well. Three separate couples, same event. They stayed the course though and even though Rexburg police never responded, the FBI did. I encourage everyone to read the whole article as it answers alot of these questions: Indiana woman believes she saw missing Rexburg teen Tylee Ryan

I haven't read the last 60 pages, so if i'm behind on this comment, please excuse: If Lori off'd the children to protect them from going through the "end of times experience," is the video at the storage facility more important with the moving of the heavy totes? And did anyone read anywhere that LE attempted dog use at the storage facility? In the Kelsey Berreth case, the dogs were able to hit on the place where the perp stored the tote holding her body.

I'm thinking he's not so much a sociopath as much as he suffers from delusions of grandeur.

And she fuels it. They're perfect for each other. He'll serve her psychopathic needs and she'll serve his impotent delusions of being anything more than a grave digger.
When I say psychopath I'm referring to absence of guilt, remorse and empathy. I agree, delusions of grandeur fits him like a glove too.

moo

His business couldn't pay his employees after Lori took that $35k so I don't know if they did eventually get paid. If there was no money for them then probably no money for CV's salary. I don't remember reading if he sorted that lack of funds out.

The 35K caused issues paying his employees, but it is hard to know whether that was due to it being all the money he had in the world or if it was all his incoming money for the month and was only an issue because the other money he had was tied up so he couldn't get to it quickly or what. A large share of his income and his employees as well would, I think, be from commissions that would get paid by larger companies to his company and then some of it get paid to his employees. Cleaning him out of readily available funds at the wrong time in the monthly cycle could cause big problems even if given a month or two it would all shake out and be no big deal.

I very much doubt the phones were kept. I expect the data was extracted and then given back. The phones would be more useful to LE in the possession of the POIs, where they can be tracked if they haven't dumped them and bought new ones. IMO
Well they took Lori's purse and the vehicle and just gave her back a see thru bag with a bunch of cash in it with no passport visible. I guess it could have been in their hotel room. But if they were thought to be a flight risk they could take their passports IMO. I think there are copies of the warrants shown on a previous thread.

I don't think that United States citizens can have their passports confiscated unless they have been arrested or charged with a crime.

Lori and Chad Daybell have not been charged with any wrongdoing.

Bouncing off your post because the word "passport" is in it.

It's been so long since I traveled outside the country my passport is expired.

That said.

Are we just assuming Chad or Lori have passports? Or do we know that for sure?

Also. I didn't know if you owe more than 50K in back taxes the IRS can revoke your passport. I'm so behind.

Jmo

This brings us to the point of this drama, why? Why deliberately hide kids? What is the point? No one actually has any legal right to custody of JJ or Tylee.

The missing children is what put Chad and Lori Daybell under the media spotlight. A couple of dead spouses, meh, whatever. Missing children? Big problem.
I agree, this is a constant problem for me as well... I have now totally reread the fabulous timeline at the beginning of each file (such a valuable exercise everyone... I have so many more questions for our equally fabulous Gardner1850, after re-reading)... Bottom line for me, MOO is that Lori has ALWAYS been selfish, full of crazy behavior, vicious intent, and true abuse. One of my thoughts is that she thought she had it all worked out in regards to CV's life insurance, and she was livid that she got bamboozled on that one. Maybe she truly thought no one would connect all the dots, and she could revenge KW to try to blackmail later...just more of my tumbling tumbleweed thoughts.

They did report it but no one followed up with them. In fact, two other couples reported the same girl as being Tylee as well. Three separate couples, same event. They stayed the course though and even though Rexburg police never responded, the FBI did. I encourage everyone to read the whole article as it answers alot of these questions: Indiana woman believes she saw missing Rexburg teen Tylee Ryan
Maybe you missed the discussions about this yesterday (maybe not). Just in case you are interested the posts start roughly around page 41/42 of this thread.

Well they took Lori's purse and the vehicle and just gave her back a see thru bag with a bunch of cash in it with no passport visible. I guess it could have been in their hotel room. But if they were thought to be a flight risk they could take their passports IMO. I think there are copies of the warrants shown on a previous thread.
That doesn't mean their property was permanently confiscated. They returned to their apartment after the searches were completed and they could expect to have their necessities returned when the searches were completed, unless there were grounds for immediate arrest warrants. She is not still walking around with her plastic baggie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JeMi2019