Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 17, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *mom, stepfather found* #9

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would hope that whatever followers he still has can finally rebuke his nonsense. This adventure isn't a good look. :/
Well, you would think so, but "visionaries" receiving revelation from angels, who have questionable marriage tendencies and are on the run from them the law..sometimes end up with a rather large following. Moo.

27 Jan 2020

[...]

Lori’s former sister-in-law, Kay Woodcock, says she had guessed the Daybells were in Hawaii but was not sure until she saw video of EastIdahoNews.com approaching them at the Kauai Beach Resort.

It is Lori’s favorite place on the island, according to Woodcock, and in February 2019, Lori and Tylee checked into the resort after Charles Vallow, Lori’s husband, filed for divorce. They stayed for around a month, according to resort workers, and then returned to the mainland.

Woodcock was surprised when she learned last summer that Lori was moving to Rexburg.

“She is a very cold-natured person. When she moved to Idaho, I thought that was extremely unusual because if it’s below 80 degrees, she’s cold. She’s got a jacket on,” Woodcock tells EastIdahoNews.com.

After Lori and Chad were served with warrants Sunday, they refused to answer questions posed by EastIdahoNews.com for nearly three minutes. Lori carried the warrant in her hand along with a gallon sized Ziploc bag containing a wad of cash.

“Maybe they were headed to the airport to get out,” Woodcock says, wondering if suitcases were in their vehicle.

The Daybells kept a low profile on Kauai Monday, but many people on the island were discussing the case after EastIdahoNews.com’s video went viral and multiple news agencies around the world aired the footage.

Woodcock and her husband, Larry, booked airline tickets and will be in Rexburg later this week. They hope Lori Daybell shows up with Tylee and Joshua.

“The only way we’ve been able to get through this is we have very strong faith in God,” Woodcock says. “We have a very strong support army of friends and family and everybody that has emailed or texted – plus perfect strangers that are so compassionate.”

Chad and Lori Daybell have been in Hawaii over 2 months in gated million-dollar community | East Idaho News

-------
Now we know where Lori was in Feb when Charles couldn't find her to serve her with divorce papers. MOO.

MOO I am thinking if not careful, you can get these two groups of people crossing paths in in Salt Lake at the airport.."IF" the Daybell's can leave their scuba and surfing lessons for a couple days and explain to National media where 2 kids are.

27 Jan 2020

[...]

Lori’s former sister-in-law, Kay Woodcock, says she had guessed the Daybells were in Hawaii but was not sure until she saw video of EastIdahoNews.com approaching them at the Kauai Beach Resort.

It is Lori’s favorite place on the island, according to Woodcock, and in February 2019, Lori and Tylee checked into the resort after Charles Vallow, Lori’s husband, filed for divorce. They stayed for around a month, according to resort workers, and then returned to the mainland.

Woodcock was surprised when she learned last summer that Lori was moving to Rexburg.

“She is a very cold-natured person. When she moved to Idaho, I thought that was extremely unusual because if it’s below 80 degrees, she’s cold. She’s got a jacket on,” Woodcock tells EastIdahoNews.com.

After Lori and Chad were served with warrants Sunday, they refused to answer questions posed by EastIdahoNews.com for nearly three minutes. Lori carried the warrant in her hand along with a gallon sized Ziploc bag containing a wad of cash.

“Maybe they were headed to the airport to get out,” Woodcock says, wondering if suitcases were in their vehicle.

The Daybells kept a low profile on Kauai Monday, but many people on the island were discussing the case after EastIdahoNews.com’s video went viral and multiple news agencies around the world aired the footage.

Woodcock and her husband, Larry, booked airline tickets and will be in Rexburg later this week. They hope Lori Daybell shows up with Tylee and Joshua.

“The only way we’ve been able to get through this is we have very strong faith in God,” Woodcock says. “We have a very strong support army of friends and family and everybody that has emailed or texted – plus perfect strangers that are so compassionate.”

Chad and Lori Daybell have been in Hawaii over 2 months in gated million-dollar community | East Idaho News

-------
Now we know where Lori was in Feb when Charles couldn't find her to serve her with divorce papers. MOO.

MOO I am thinking if not careful, you can get these two groups of people crossing paths in in Salt Lake at the airport.."IF" the Daybell's can leave their scuba and surfing lessons for a couple days and explain to National media where 2 kids are.
Indeed. This is a fight that Lori cannot win. Once the state is involved - which occurred when Rexburg PD opened a missing persons case - the only way it ends is if the missing persons are physically seen (in person) by law enforcement as no other means are acceptable. If she does not comply a bench warrant will be issued and she will be brought back to Idaho to appear before the judge.

MOO Exactly. All it takes is a bench warrant to trigger them to back to Idaho

I doubt they'll show, what would be the advantage for them? They're not with the kids for whatever reason, its their "plan". Why change the plan if you dont have to? If they stay in HI, they'll be found in contempt of the court order, but that's likely all at that point. They probably wont be extradited to face a contempt charge, and can keep on with the plan just as they had been. The contempt charge might end up leading to something bigger(neglect, fraud, etc), but that will take time to initiate and move through the court process. Remember, these two are racing a clock to 7/2020. I'll bet the gamble is to do nothing and hope the world ends before the courts get their act together. Neither one of them has time to sit for months in jail in ID, they have missions to complete. If the kids are shown it'll be by someone else, if they arent the lawyer will issue a statement and leave it at that.

I should probably wait for VI status, no? He was not outdoorsy, other than typical Boy Scout / father of sons who were also Boy Scouts, activities. He likes 80’s music, particularly the Smiths and Morrissey. He was proud of his fiction, and publishing more popular authors, like former NFL QB Scott Mitchel and American Idol participant Carmen Rasmussen.

Stay with us and wait for that VI. You will help fill in the blanks and background information. We need all the help we can get to understand how this whole story went off the rails. MY own opinion which I am sure people are over , this will be about an affair and covering it up with wacko fringe thinking because it was selling to a certain group $$. Chad has lost his audience if this is true and he looks like a hypocrite to the people he told to get their food storage and guns. How are you going to make money on your visions and bunker theory with the optics of sitting in a gated community in Kauai? I am confused still at where the kids could be and why. MOO

Stay with us and wait for that VI. You will help fill in the blanks and background information. We need all the help we can get to understand how this whole story went off the rails. MY own opinion which I am sure people are over , this will be about an affair and covering it up with wacko fringe thinking because it was selling to a certain group $$. Chad has lost his audience if this is true and he looks like a hypocrite to the people he told to get their food storage and guns. How are you going to make money on your visions and bunker theory with the optics of sitting in a gated community in Kauai? I am confused still at where the kids could be and why. MOO
Hey, sitting in a bunker in a $Million Dollar$ home isn't bad till you've tried it, just arm up and connect to a digital stream of money to pay the bills and room service.

It's not like he is a bunker and cannot read the news that is all out there. He is making a choice after reading all of the information on the net, and hearing from friends/family.

And that is to be with her in HI, and to hold hands with her, etc. MOO

My comment that you're referencing was about their attorney, not Chad.

(All that you're saying in regards to Chad is logical, if he's reading all the stuff that is out there. He also has Lori casting her spell on him, not that this is a valid excuse, but that's something the lawyer doesn't have to contend with either.)

Well, you would think so, but "visionaries" receiving revelation from angels, who have questionable marriage tendencies and are on the run from them the law..sometimes end up with a rather large following. Moo.

Can't mention specifics without getting in trouble, but this is definitely true. In a way, that's par for the course with a cult, at least some cults, isn't it?

Can they do a Facebook for the courts showing the kids or do they have to physically show? Either way Chad and Lori don't have to show, just the kids right?

Can you imagine if they are on the same flight back as the East Idaho Media? Now that would be an uncomfortable flight, right?

Can they do a Facebook for the courts showing the kids or do they have to physically show? Either way Chad and Lori don't have to show, just the kids right?

I don't know the answer to your question, but I'm just thinking about the kind of mother that just sends her 7 yr old off to court without her being there beside him. There are worse moms out in the world... some with addictions, some victims of poverty, etc. But, this is a "religious" (for whatever that's worth) woman of means with a special son who has lost his father and has been denied contact with grandparents that love him. Whatever she does or doesn't do... I sadly doubt it's in his best interest.

I think the order says they have to appear with the kids at either the court or the state health and welfare department location in Rexburg. That said, I'd think the attorney could potentially convince the judge to do something less than that if they wanted. (All MOO and I have no specialized knowledge, so may be way wrong.) If, for example, they said "the kids are both in Europe attending a school and we, Chad and Lori, are as you know, in Hawaii, so the cost of us bringing them in would be very high, plus JJ is doing well and this would disrupt things" then maybe they could convince the judge to do something different. I'd think just a video would not be enough (how do we know it is current). At a minimum I'd expect the judge would want to be able for him and others to ask them questions. They might also want them to be seen in person by someone unattached to the story and probably trustworthy to make sure they weren't being forced into giving the "right" answers to his questions.

But just as I've wondered since the beginning, if the kids are alive and okay, making this go away is very much doable and I suspect fairly easy. So either the kids aren't okay, or they're afraid the kids being in a position to talk would be an even bigger problem for them, or they're convinced that we're close enough to the end of the world that it won't make any difference by the time it all comes crashing down on them.

I am kinda keying into the part about Chad saving face and always wanting the spotlight. He has 5 kids. 4 in Rexburg area with a couple married and a couple grandkids and another serving and LDS Mission in South Africa. He has to take a giant leap as a Dad and leave this family and yet keep them in lock step with his visions/beliefs. Everyone has to play along with this as he is sitting in the sand and a couple of them are living in the family home trying to pay bills or whatever. I agree with what someone said yesterday that he is the "weak link". MOO

I have doubts that Lori and Chad are planning to take a plane to Idaho. I'm unconvinced by any of Lori's actions so far that the kids are alive. Everything she has done points to the kids being dead. She even said Tylee died years ago. If the kids are dead, why would Lori bother to go to snowy and cold Idaho only to fail to produce living children and face contempt of court charges? IMHO Lori is going to stay in Kauai and soak up the sun as long as she can. She's going to go on pretending her children don't exist and continue her endless honeymoon, because she thinks there is nothing the police can do to her. She won't do anything or say anything more until she is arrested. And I absolutely believe there will be an arrest in this case. That said, if I were JJ's grandmother Kay I would absolutely be waiting for Lori and Chad to arrive at the airport around the time of any return Hawaii flights, up until the time when I need to go to the courthouse or police station to wait there. I think any grandmother who has grandchildren who have been missing and in danger for 4 months would do that; I would want to know that they are alive as soon as humanly possible if there was any chance the kids might be arriving on a plane (because of my love for the kids, not because of wanting to start a fight).

MOO.

Jfc I am just catching up with this story via news articles, and there are so many already dead people involved. Her former husband, his wife. Her brother. Then there's the doomsday cult. I am actually surprised it is not getting MORE news coverage. It is frankly bizarre. I am hoping the kids are found alive, but considering everything i doubt they will be.
She has 2, count them, 2 dead husbands, and one missing one.

He is not an animated, nor high energy person. He seemed to be his typical stoic self. Seeing the beginnings of his physical transformation was interesting. IMO he has always craved the spotlight, but I can’t imagine he would want it in a negative light. I believe he wants to be seen as an authority figure. Perhaps if he can somehow weather this storm, this solidifies his base with his prepper community? But I don’t see how he pulls that off.

ETA Tammy’s passing was horrific to everyone. Chad’s behavior afterward was alarming, and his quick marriage to Lori immediately created animosity with many extended family and friends. As more details have come out, I believe he has become more and more isolated. I expect his losing face with those from his past will only drive him to seek greater validation from those that still accept him.

Thank you for your insights into your old friend's personality. Chad seems like a once solid citizen who has allowed his ego to lead him and thus has lost his way. I'm sure this transformation can't be easy to watch for anyone who has cared about him or his family, even though you've had concerns about his path for quite awhile.

It's sad that his midlife crisis has become such an outsize, lurid, and public saga, with his family and other families so terribly damaged by his downward spiral and cultivated associations with other highly troubled individuals. He and Lori and possibly others in their circle appear to have created a closed feedback loop that they are more locked into with every new development. I can't see how this is going to end well for them or anyone around them. :(

I have doubts that Lori and Chad are planning to take a plane to Idaho. I'm unconvinced by any of Lori's actions so far that the kids are alive. Everything she has done points to the kids being dead. She even said Tylee died years ago. If the kids are dead, why would Lori bother to go to snowy and cold Idaho only to fail to produce living children and face contempt of court charges? IMHO Lori is going to stay in Kauai and soak up the sun as long as she can. She's going to go on pretending her children don't exist and continue her endless honeymoon, because she thinks there is nothing the police can do to her. She won't do anything or say anything more until she is arrested. And I absolutely believe there will be an arrest in this case. That said, if I were JJ's grandmother Kay I would absolutely be waiting for Lori and Chad to arrive at the airport around the time of any return Hawaii flights, up until the time when I need to go to the courthouse or police station to wait there. I think any grandmother who has grandchildren who have been missing and in danger for 4 months would do that; I would want to know that they are alive as soon as humanly possible if there was any chance the kids might be arriving on a plane (because of my love for the kids, not because of wanting to start a fight).

MOO.

Agree. I am same age as Tammy Daybell with little grandchildren. We as grandparents love those grandchildren more than the original children we had. (we are over the parents when we get grandkids) It has to be absolute torture to lose contact. I would stand right next to Kay at the airport and courthouse wanting and begging for answers. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Checkyourhead