Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 17, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *mom, stepfather found* #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Agree. I am same age as Tammy Daybell with little grandchildren. We as grandparents love those grandchildren more than the original children we had. (we are over the parents when we get grandkids) It has to be absolute torture to lose contact. I would stand right next to Kay at the airport and courthouse wanting and begging for answers. MOO

Other than being a few years older, I'll second this. Until you become a grandparent, you don't get it, but once you do you finally understand all those old people who won't stop talking about their grandkids. At least that's how it worked for me. I can't imagine being in Kay and Larry's place and frankly if I start thinking along those lines I have to stop myself.

Agree. I am same age as Tammy Daybell with little grandchildren. We as grandparents love those grandchildren more than the original children we had. (we are over the parents when we get grandkids) It has to be absolute torture to lose contact. I would stand right next to Kay at the airport and courthouse wanting and begging for answers. MOO
I, too am a grandmother and this breaks my heart for Kay and her husband. I am sure that if Lori would give her custody of JJ, Kay would let her keep every darn penny of the insurance policy. Kay just wants her little guy back with their family.

January 27,2020

Chad and Lori Daybell located in Hawaii, must produce missing children by Thursday

Chad and Lori Daybell located in Hawaii, must produce missing children by Thursday
1 of 4

(courtesy photo)

Lori Vallow Daybell and Chad Daybell

Lori Vallow Daybell

REXBURG — Law enforcement located Chad and Lori Vallow Daybell in Kauai, Hawaii, on Saturday. Lori’s missing children Tylee, 17, and J.J., 7, were not with the newlyweds.

The Madison County Prosecutor’s Office received a court order on Saturday requiring Lori Vallow to physically produce her missing children in Rexburg by Thursday. The Kauai Police Department served the search warrant on Daybell and Vallow on Saturday.

“We can confirm that Lori Vallow was served with that order in the city of Princeville on the island of Kauai Hawaii, on Saturday, January 25, by the Kauai Police Department, and that Chad Daybell was with her,” said Rexburg Police and the Madison County Prosecutor’s office in a press release. “There is no evidence that Tylee and J.J. were ever in Hawaii.”

If Lori fails to bring her children to Rexburg by Thursday, she could face civil or criminal contempt of court charges, the release said.

Rexburg Police Chief Shane Turman said that the Madison County Prosecutor would decide how to proceed should Lori not cooperate.

“He would talk to the judge and could get an arrest warrant for Lori,” he said.

Turman declined to say what led them to the Daybells, but reported that law enforcement had known for quite some time that the couple was in Hawaii.

He added that two Rexburg officers, the Madison County Prosecutor and a Fremont County Deputy are in Hawaii helping with the case. Local law enforcement is also assisting with the investigation, Turman said.

The Kauai Police Department confirmed it’s assisting, but that it hasn’t charged the Daybells with any crime.

“KPD’s desire is to continue to assist the Rexburg Police in whatever way we can with their efforts to locate the missing children,” said Kauai Police Chief Todd G. Raybuck in a press release. “It’s our sincere hope that the children have a safe return.”

J.J.’s and Tylee’s grandparents, Kay and Larry Woodcock, plan to visit Rexburg later this week in hopes of seeing their grandchildren. They’ve seen recent news footage showing the couple in Hawaii.

“We were appalled at (Lori’s) smug attitude,” Kay Woodcock said.

Kay, who is the sister of Lori’s former husband Charles, said she and Larry are continually praying that J.J. and Tylee will be returned this week.

“If not, she will finally have to face some type of consequence for her actions,” Kay said.

It was the Woodcocks who started the investigation into the disappearance of J.J. and Tylee. Kay Woodcock is J.J.’s biological grandmother, and she and her husband had frequently spoken with the children — often several times a day — before those calls abruptly ended. Concerned, the Woodcocks called Rexburg Police and requested a welfare check on the children.

The police met with the Daybells on Nov. 26 at their home, where Lori told officers that J.J. was with a relative in Arizona. When that turned out to be false, police returned to the Daybell home with a warrant the following day, but found the couple had fled.

Suspicions about the Daybells increased when police learned that Chad married Lori about two weeks after his first wife Tammy Daybell died suddenly on Oct. 19 at her Salem home.

In July, Lori’s fourth husband, Charles Vallow, was shot and killed in Arizona following a confrontation with Lori’s brother, Alex. Police later ruled it a case of self-defense. Alex died of unspecified causes in December.

Kay reported Charles saying he believed that Lori and Chad were having an affair. Charles presented her proof of such, she said.

In September, Lori moved to Rexburg and enrolled J.J. at Kennedy Elementary School on Sept. 3 but three weeks later, she took him out of school.

“J.J. was dis-enrolled by his parent indicating he would be home schooled,” said Kennedy Elementary School Principal Dr. Josh Wilson.

Wilson said that the school doesn’t track students once they leave school, but said that school officials hope for J.J.’s and Tylee’s quick return.

“Number one, we obviously hope for a positive conclusion. We hope they’re safe. We hope for the best,” he said.

The Fremont County Sheriff’s Office is awaiting an autopsy result on Tammy Daybell. Her body was exhumed Dec. 11 from a Springville, Utah, cemetery. The report is expected to be released any day now.

Fremont County Sheriff Len Humphries said he wants the Daybells to follow through and return the children to Rexburg.

“I’m hopeful Lori will abide by the order and produce the kids,” he said.

As more information is gathered, the Standard Journal will update this story.

**Edit to add text

From your link,

"He added that two Rexburg officers, the Madison County Prosecutor and a Fremont County Deputy are in Hawaii helping with the case."

That's a lot of important officials there in Hawaii . Also I notice Tammy's report on her autopsy results will be in "any day now". Wonder if they already have it or have an idea what will be in it when it comes in?

<modsnip: removed comment on physical appearance>

Last edited by a moderator:
It was common knowledge that they have been in Hawaii for months. IMO, LE has been waiting for autopsy results, slip-ups, and other potential participants to come out of the woodwork while a solid case is built.

Everybody is saying that now that word is out, but nobody here was talking about it before, except for some speculation here and there. My post was from BEFORE the warrants, and it was talking about the-writer-who-is-not-to-be-named. I wondered whether whether SHE had any knowledge that she was presenting in the form of supposed visions.

I had not heard any "common knowledge." I guess I'm just not one of the cool kids.

Ah yes, the 'Nothing to hide' fallacy.

Bruce Schneier, a computer security expert and cryptographer, expressed opposition, citing Cardinal Richelieu's statement "If one would give me six lines written by the hand of the most honest man, I would find something in them to have him hanged", referring to how a state government can find aspects in a person's life in order to prosecute or blackmail that individual. Schneier also argued "Too many wrongly characterize the debate as 'security versus privacy.' The real choice is liberty versus control."

Edward Snowden: "Arguing that you don't care about the right to privacy because you have nothing to hide is no different than saying you don't care about free speech because you have nothing to say."

"When you say, ‘I have nothing to hide,’ you’re saying, ‘I don’t care about this right.’ You’re saying, ‘I don’t have this right, because I’ve got to the point where I have to justify it.’ The way rights work is, the government has to justify its intrusion into your rights."

a government can leak information about a person and cause damage to that person, or use information about a person to deny access to services even if a person did not actually engage in wrongdoing, and that a government can cause damage to one's personal life through making errors. "When engaged directly, the nothing-to-hide argument can ensnare, for it forces the debate to focus on its narrow understanding of privacy. But when confronted with the plurality of privacy problems implicated by government data collection and use beyond surveillance and disclosure, the nothing-to-hide argument, in the end, has nothing to say."

I for one, care about my privacy, not because I'm doing illegal stuff, but because who knows what will be considered wrong or illegal in the future?
Android has been encrypting phones for years by default if you enable passwords or fingerprints. It's not uncommon and everyone should do it.

From your link,

"He added that two Rexburg officers, the Madison County Prosecutor and a Fremont County Deputy are in Hawaii helping with the case."

That's a lot of important officials there in Hawaii . Also I notice Tammy's report on her autopsy results will be in "any day now". Wonder if they already have it or have an idea what will be in it when it comes in?

<modsnip: removed reference to physical appearance>

Let's all take notice who is in Hawaii. This to me speaks very loudly that little old Idaho and Madison and Fremont County want answers MOO

Last edited by a moderator:
So talking of encryption, if Chad and Lori had encrypted phones could they be communicating without the knowledge of LE ? Would their phones still ping? Would both recipient and sender need encrypted phones? Eg. Lawyer communications. If they have been in Hawaii for two months, how have they been communicating with the lawyer or whoever has the kids, if they are still alive? Regular landline phones? CB radio? Email?
My phone is encrypted and so is my teen daughter's phone. My mom's phone is not encrypted. We can all communicate with each other. When we message each other via WhatsApp, our messages are encrypted. If my mom's phone was stolen, someone could connect it to a computer and pull data from it. If they got ahold my phone or my daughter's phone, they would not be able to pull any info from the phone. Our phones still ping the cell network. I can still see where my daughter is located when I track her phone. If she shares her location with a friend, they would see it. Having an encrypted phone simply protects the owner from unauthorized access to the information on the device.

Rexburg, ID weather this week. :D

Tue
snow.png

31°
22°
Wed
partly_cloudy.png

31°
22°
Thu
partly_cloudy.png

31°
24°
Fri
cloudy.png

34°
30°
Sat
partly_cloudy.png

37°
25°

Kauai, HI 70's to high 50's at night. :D

Indeed. This is a fight that Lori cannot win. Once the state is involved - which occurred when Rexburg PD opened a missing persons case - the only way it ends is if the missing persons are physically seen (in person) by law enforcement as no other means are acceptable. If she does not comply a bench warrant will be issued and she will be brought back to Idaho to appear before the judge.
The bench warrant would only be for a misdemeanor. Hawaii does not extradite for misdemeanors.

January 27,2020

It was the Woodcocks who started the investigation into the disappearance of J.J. and Tylee. Kay Woodcock is J.J.’s biological grandmother, and she and her husband had frequently spoken with the children — often several times a day — before those calls abruptly ended. Concerned, the Woodcocks called Rexburg Police and requested a welfare check on the children.

*Snipped for focus:

I believe this is the first time I have seen it outright stated that Kay and Larry asked for the welfare check. Many of us had assumed it because they have been the most vocal in the press, but I hadn't seen it confirmed anywhere. I previously wondered if there might be another relative that had contact with the kids in September due to the Dec 20th Rexburg police press release saying the relative who asked for a welfare check last had contact with JJ in Sept. Kay and Larry have repeatedly said they last talked to JJ in August. Oh well, I guess that settles it and it was them who asked for a welfare check after all. I feel so bad for Kay and Larry. They seem to be the only relatives consistently speaking in the press to advocate for the kids. I hope this week flies by for them so they can find out soon if JJ and Tylee are alive or if Lori will continue to stonewall. :(

MOO.

My phone is encrypted and so is my teen daughter's phone. My mom's phone is not encrypted. We can all communicate with each other. When we message each other via WhatsApp, our messages are encrypted. If my mom's phone was stolen, someone could connect it to a computer and pull data from it. If they got ahold my phone or my daughter's phone, they would not be able to pull any info from the phone. Our phones still ping the cell network. I can still see where my daughter is located when I track her phone. If she shares her location with a friend, they would see it. Having an encrypted phone simply protects the owner from unauthorized access to the information on the device.
Thank you for explaining that.
Rexburg, ID weather this week. :D

Tue
snow.png

31°
22°
Wed
partly_cloudy.png

31°
22°
Thu
partly_cloudy.png

31°
24°
Fri
cloudy.png

34°
30°
Sat
partly_cloudy.png

37°
25°

Kauai, HI 70's to high 50's at night. :D

Hope they've packed their thermals.

*Snipped for focus:

I believe this is the first time I have seen it outright stated that Kay and Larry asked for the welfare check. Many of us had assumed it because they have been the most vocal in the press, but I hadn't seen it confirmed anywhere. I previously wondered if there might be another relative that had contact with the kids in September due to the Dec 20th Rexburg police press release saying the relative who asked for a welfare check last had contact with JJ in Sept. Kay and Larry have repeatedly said they last talked to JJ in August. Oh well, I guess that settles it and it was them who asked for a welfare check after all. I feel so bad for Kay and Larry. They seem to be the only relatives consistently speaking in the press to advocate for the kids. I hope this week flies by for them so they can find out soon if JJ and Tylee are alive or if Lori will continue to stonewall. :(

MOO.
I think they last saw Jj in a short conversation in August and the September last seen sighting was the school on the 23rd. It is good to see that confirmed about the welfare check though.

Everybody is saying that now that word is out, but nobody here was talking about it before, except for some speculation here and there. My post was from BEFORE the warrants, and it was talking about the-writer-who-is-not-to-be-named. I wondered whether whether SHE had any knowledge that she was presenting in the form of supposed visions.

I had not heard any "common knowledge." I guess I'm just not one of the cool kids.
I think those locals in the know were trying to not interfere with LE strategy.

And anything to find those missing kids and get justice for those who are gone is priority one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HelloKitty1298