Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 17, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *mom, stepfather found* #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
No one knows when the end of times will come according to that church's belief, and yet I guarantee 40 or 50 years ago you could find oodles of members (but possibly not backed up by anything official from within the upper reaches of the organization) who thought they knew roughly when this was coming and we're well past (roughly 20 years) when they thought it was coming.

My point here isn't to say anything about that church and the end times, but to point out that people of Chad's age who grew up in that church and culture have been getting primed their whole life to think this was coming and is now way past due.

All of that makes me think much of what you've described above could have some truth to it although your theory that he has faced repercussions isn't something we can know either way for sure (the church, his bishop, etc) aren't going to tell us, but we've also seen some pretty strong evidence here that this HAS NOT happened, at least not yet.

But, such has always been the case (grown up dragged to many an evangelical church service).

To the best of my knowledge, all mainstream Protestant religions teach that it's wrong to speculate about the "end of days". I agree this doesn't stop people from doing so and never has; but it's not with the imprimateur of said church's official denomination.

I agree that maybe, if you squint really hard, Chad doesn't know this and would be surprised and taken aback by being termed a "cult leader" due to this chunk of information being "common knowledge" (I mean, he's clearly familiar with at least the publication-industry basics of the "Left Behind" canon).

But it's well known doctrine in general by mainstream religions governed by some particular body (PCUSA, etc.), that trying to tie the End of Days to a particular day is verboten. Christ is credited as saying it in Matthew 24, 36-42. I've got a grandmother who's been dolorously predicting that "we are in the End Times" since mid-1970s; that's not the same thing as sticking a pin in the timeline with a specific date on the end of it.

I mean, I grant I'm not LDS, and maybe I'm surprised that Chad is incapable of being surprised on this doctrinal point because maybe you all don't have as many sermons on "No man knows the hour nor the day of judgment day except for God the Father"; but I feel like Chad would know.

Hawaii resort condo where 'cult' mom Lori Vallow and husband have lived since mid-December | Daily Mail Online

The resort has a 30-day rental minimum and their specific unit starts at $205 per night and $6,150 per month, according to the Kaiulani website.

If they can afford a rental like that, what are the odds that they will try to hop on a plane, or find a boat going to the South Pacific.

Wonder if they saved any money for future legal fees... They're probably gonna need it.

Ok so now we know when they got there, the first week of December so before Tammy's exhumation and Alex's death on the 11th and 12th December respectively.

That sort of clears them from involvement in Alex's death doesn't it?

In the video interview the neighbor says, "...a few days after that, maybe mid-December, somwhere in that time frame, I saw them pull up."

Sounds to me like they had time to make a quick stop in Chandler, AZ.

The Kauai prosecutor said "if they cooperate."

That's true. Kollar went on to say this:

“The only thing they could contest here in Hawaii would be if they were or were not the people named in the warrant. They could also contest the legality of the arrest. That typically does not happen, but this is a unique case,” Kollar says. “They could also demand a governor’s warrant from Idaho.”

Kollar says in his 11 years as a prosecutor, he’s never seen another case like this.

Neighbor recalls 'guarded' encounter with Daybells; Kauai prosecutor says missing kids have not been in Hawaii | East Idaho News

So it seems Lori and Chad could make a few legal moves to delay getting extradited. But the way I am reading it this would only delay-- it doesn't seem like their contesting things would prevent extradition. They can't very well claim they are not the people named in the arrest warrant. I don't see how it could be an illegal arrest if there is a legal warrant. I guess they could demand the governor's warrant and sit in jail in HI and wait for that to happen. The governor of the state of ID is going to want them extradited for their day in court. This is a case with 2 missing endangered children and a string of dead bodies surrounding the POIs. The more visible the case the greater the motivation would be a for an elected official to extradite (and I am writing this not even knowing the governor's name nor his political leanings-- any governor would extradite IMHO). So Lori and Chad can choose not to cooperate-- I fully expect them not to cooperate based on their behavior so far-- but I don't see them not being extradited.

MOO.

But, such has always been the case (grown up dragged to many an evangelical church service).

To the best of my knowledge, all mainstream Protestant religions teach that it's wrong to speculate about the "end of days". I agree this doesn't stop people from doing so and never has; but it's not with the imprimateur of said church's official denomination.

I agree that maybe, if you squint really hard, Chad doesn't know this and would be surprised and taken aback by being termed a "cult leader" due to this chunk of information being "common knowledge" (I mean, he's clearly familiar with at least the publication-industry basics of the "Left Behind" canon).

But it's well known doctrine in general by mainstream religions governed by some particular body (PCUSA, etc.), that trying to tie the End of Days to a particular day is verboten. Christ is credited as saying it in Matthew 24, 36-42. I've got a grandmother who's been dolorously predicting that "we are in the End Times" since mid-1970s; that's not the same thing as sticking a pin in the timeline with a specific date on the end of it.

I mean, I grant I'm not LDS, and maybe I'm surprised that Chad is incapable of being surprised on this doctrinal point because maybe you all don't have as many sermons on "No man knows the hour nor the day of judgment day except for God the Father"; but I feel like Chad would know.

I can't speak for other religions, but I know growing up LDS that while we "don't know exactly" there was a ton of speculation with cases based on various theories that had some foundation on Mormon teachings and beliefs. Plus, if you've been following the threads on this case I think there was talk of what is called a patriarchial (sp?) blessing which frequently for those coming of age over the last 50 or 60 years would say something about living until the second coming (what I'll call the Mormon equivalent of the end time, rapture, apocolypse, whatever). So if there is a chance of someone living that long, it has to be close. So not official doctrine, but still viewed as pretty darn official.

Daily Mail has the wrong condo complex and photos. They were at Villas on the Prince: Villas On The Prince #39 - Kauai Vacation Rentals not Kaiulani of Princeville. The exterior pic they took from East Idaho News doesn't even resemble the other exterior pics in the Daily Mail's own story o_O. Combine this with NBCnews misidentification of Colby as Chad yesterday, and I start to lose my faith in MSM. (Well, not that I would ever take anything from the Daily Mail without a grain of salt!)

I believe it was stated "things could move quickly if they cooperate". So it may take a bit longer if they drag their feet. Either way I'm happy they can be extradited!
Obviously the prosecutor would know better than me. But I just read the Hawaii statute. It actually talks about extradition for crimes punishable by more than a year...which means a felony. So there may be more too it. He may be assuming they are accused of a felony.

Daily Mail has the wrong condo complex and photos. They were at Villas on the Prince: Villas On The Prince #39 - Kauai Vacation Rentals not Kaiulani of Princeville. The exterior pic from East Idaho News doesn't even resemble the other exterior pics in the Daily Mail's own story o_O. Combine this with NBCnews misidentification of Colby as Chad yesterday, and I start to lose my faith in MSM. (Well, not that I would ever take anything from the Daily Mail without a grain of salt!)

NBC news, I can't make excuses for, but give them credit for admitting and doing the best they could to correct the mistake once discovered. Daily Mail, my advice is to assume it is wrong until you see it elsewhere and then, only if the other place doesn't say "according to a story in the Daily Mail ..."

Obviously the prosecutor would know better than me. But I just read the Hawaii statute. It actually talks about extradition for crimes punishable by more than a year...which means a felony. So there may be more too it. He may be assuming they are accused of a felony.

You probably don't get a person from the prosecuting attorney's office and 3 members of LE for less than a felony very often, even if they're looking for a trip to Hawaii in winter. :)

Possibly they are poised to charge with a felony *if* they don't voluntarily show up or the results from the autopsy come in (or they admit that they've come in).

MOO

The Idaho police have no power to arrest them in Hawaii. The Kauai PD can't arrest them unless they break a Hawaii law.

Edit: Just read what the Kauai prosecutor said. Maybe they can be extradited for a misdemeanor.

Regarding the bold, watch the video at this link if you can: Neighbor recalls 'guarded' encounter with Daybells; Kauai prosecutor says missing kids have not been in Hawaii | East Idaho News

In the beginning of the video Nate Eaton says:

"When Chad and Lori Daybell were served with search warrants on Sunday they were Kauai Police Dept warrants. So these are now Hawaii cases. They have not been arrested, they have not been charged, but the prosecuting attorney here in Kauai tells us what happens next,"

Then it goes on to show the interview with the prosecutor.

I believe LE have dotted their i's and crossed their t's on this one to make sure an arrest is possible. MOO.

I think the order says they have to appear with the kids at either the court or the state health and welfare department location in Rexburg. That said, I'd think the attorney could potentially convince the judge to do something less than that if they wanted. (All MOO and I have no specialized knowledge, so may be way wrong.) If, for example, they said "the kids are both in Europe attending a school and we, Chad and Lori, are as you know, in Hawaii, so the cost of us bringing them in would be very high, plus JJ is doing well and this would disrupt things" then maybe they could convince the judge to do something different. I'd think just a video would not be enough (how do we know it is current). At a minimum I'd expect the judge would want to be able for him and others to ask them questions. They might also want them to be seen in person by someone unattached to the story and probably trustworthy to make sure they weren't being forced into giving the "right" answers to his questions.

But just as I've wondered since the beginning, if the kids are alive and okay, making this go away is very much doable and I suspect fairly easy. So either the kids aren't okay, or they're afraid the kids being in a position to talk would be an even bigger problem for them, or they're convinced that we're close enough to the end of the world that it won't make any difference by the time it all comes crashing down on them.
Related to the deaths or not, I suspect Lori’s “custody battle” concern is real. True, no custody challenge has been filed in court but I’m convinced JJ’s “grandparents” expressed interest in JJ coming to live with them after Charles died. Grandparents typically don’t have rights but in this case the child was adopted in-family and the natural mother is still alive/available to be around JJ.

Plus in this case the boy’s adopted father was suspiciously gunned down by his adoptive mother’s brother. An adoptive mother that has talked about driving a car over a cliff with her kids in addition to lots of other scary nonsense.

I don’t know how this particular custody battle would play out but neither does Lori. There’s enough doubt (and dirt) I could see her wanting to avoid finding out.

Clearly she doesn’t care about having JJ around her physically, but I do think she cares a lot about having access to JJ’s assets.

I can see Lori begging Chad to marry her ASAP to show a court she would provide a two-parent home headed by an upstanding member of the community. That would be an almost sane reason for Chad to agree to such a quick marriage.

In the unlikely event Lori was at all inclined to show up in Idaho w/the kids on Thursday, hearing JJ’s grandparents will be there almost ensures IMO if alive the kids will be kept hidden.

Friday I bet we’ll see a bench warrant for Lori and perhaps Feds slap her with SS fraud charges. But we won’t see the kids.

MOO

Last edited:

Yes, I agree. It does seem there may be more than a misdemeanor. I hope we find out soon. :)

So they had a long term lease and got new furniture. Something about that factoid made me a little queasy. Dang if they didn't think they got away with it.
I totally cringed when I read that. I mean, are they so arrogant that they thought life was just going move forward without ever producing the kids??? Apparently, they thought this was all just going to go away. I guess the other side of the coin is that if they only "ran away" to Hawaii, maybe the kids are being kept by someone they know. I know that's unlikely in most cases, but because they're part of this crazy group, I think there's a chance the kids are somewhere in Idaho or Utah. Tylee is old enough to be somewhat responsible for JJ, so it wouldn't be as big of a burden as it may seem for a family to take on the two kids. I know that sounds naive, but I really, really want to keep some hope alive that kids are okay.

You probably don't get a person from the prosecuting attorney's office and 3 members of LE for less than a felony very often, even if they're looking for a trip to Hawaii in winter. :)

Possibly they are poised to charge with a felony *if* they don't voluntarily show up or the results from the autopsy come in (or they admit that they've come in).

MOO
That's my thought. They would not be here just in case they are held in contempt of court. My guess is that if they don't produce the kids on Thursday they will be held in contempt but also charged with murder. Pretty hard to prove without bodies but I still think they'll be charged.

Everybody is saying that now that word is out, but nobody here was talking about it before, except for some speculation here and there. My post was from BEFORE the warrants, and it was talking about the-writer-who-is-not-to-be-named. I wondered whether whether SHE had any knowledge that she was presenting in the form of supposed visions.

I had not heard any "common knowledge." I guess I'm just not one of the cool kids.

You were smart to catch onto that. You guessed she might have inside knowledge, and she had likely heard from firsthand sources (I would suspect Chad's daughter). Or, she was repeating it from the site owner guy and other visionary guy, who likely also heard it directly from Chad. A lot of us are local to this case, so we hear more chatter in that way. The Mormon world is small. Meanwhile, there were verified sightings posted about on Facebook. We couldn't discuss it *here,* because it wasn't in MSM. And it wasn't in MSM because police asked them to sit on it.

I'd go further and say not only did LE know Chad and Lori were in Hawaii, but Chad and Lori *knew* LE knew. They weren't "on the run." No changed appearances (for Lori--Chad's look has changed, but not in a "disguise" way), no change from places she would regularly go when she lived there before. Heck, living across the street from where she lived before! She just likes living in Hawaii. Biding her time to see if LE can make anything stick. MOO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member