ID ID - Lewiston Civic Theater Murders / 5 Related Cases

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Hope you guys don't mind if I post this. I just found that a guy was arrested for the murders of Heather Catterton and Randi Saldana. The guy is from Gastonia. His name is Danny Hembree. Forgive me if y'all are already on it. Anyone who murders two women within weeks of eachother could certainly be a serial killer. Not to mention he burned one of the bodies. However the two women were known to him.

http://www.gastongazette.com/news/heather-41226-through-knew.html

Creepy pics.!! His last login was on 11/26/2009 but he posted "wanting to do the right things" Mood: good.... back in May.
Posted at 10:26 AM May 21

Creepy pics.!! His last login was on 11/26/2009 but he posted "wanting to do the right things" Mood: good.... back in May.
Posted at 10:26 AM May 21

Oh Lisa you're right. What the heck could that mean?

Here's more information on this guy. He just got out of prison last January and had been back in the Gastonia area for about four months. Not sure where he was prior, but you bet they're looking into that.

http://www2.journalnow.com/content/2009/dec/06/ex-inmate-charged-with-killing-2-dumping-bodies/

Hi, hope.
POI moved to NC around 1999, IIRC. Also, I found an image of POI on facebook.
I feel the same as you, no one seems to be reading.

Here's a link to a website that has a TON of info on this case:

http://missing87975.yuku.com/forums/73/t/Lewis-Clark-Valley-Serial-Killer.html?page=1

I hope to help, hopetohelp. :wink:

I am the moderator of the Yuku forum and Kristina Nelson's cousin. I come to this site every few days and check information. The information that is on the site is accurate, the adminstrator and I make sure of this.

The suspect was in North Carolina in 2000. Unless the person on facebook is 62 years old and his middle name is Jeffrey it is not the right person.

Well.... as long as I'm asking questions on a thread no one seems to be reading, I've got another couple ;)

How far was Kristen Davis' body found from the last place she was seen/known to be. #2 -Around what year did the POI move to NC? Thanks!

I'll check back here later to see if anyone has updated in response.

Kristen David was abducted between Moscow and Lewiston. I am not sure of the exact milage, but it is within 30 miles of the Lewiston area. This is the only victim as far as we know that was dismembered. Her body was thrown off the Red Wolf bridge.

The suspect moved to North Carolina in 2000. He was registed to vote in that area in 2000. I am aware of the case in Wilmington, North Carolina.

I do encourage you to check out the Yuku site.

Note to Kline or Crescent, or anyone who knows what the POI in this case looks like, can you please follow this link and look at the sketch of the suspect in the right bottom corner and tell me if he resembles the POI in this case at all? Thanks!

http://www.helpfindallison.com/announcements.htm

Is there a larger picture of this sketch? Also, I have not read every post in the threads, in depth, but why is the focus moving to the Carolinas? Is that where the POI moved to?

TIA,

Salem

ETA: I see the info about the POI moving to NC in 2000. THANKS!

She was last seen at 503 2nd St., Asotin, Wa.
This was the home where she called her mother from.
Her mother went to pick her up 20 minutes after Chris called her
at a point just up the street from the 2nd Street address.
Chris was NOT there and she has never been seen alive again.

This information is correct according to the Asotin County Sheriff Department.

The part about her mother going to pick her up 20 mintues later is wrong. Her mother had no way to go pick her up at that time. My mom and Chris's mom were best friends as Chris and I were best friends and we lived across the street from each other. My mom was with Chris's mom at the time the phone call came.

I just wish they would nail the creep that did this. We all know who did it. He's a freak.

Kristen David was abducted between Moscow and Lewiston. I am not sure of the exact milage, but it is within 30 miles of the Lewiston area. This is the only victim as far as we know that was dismembered. Her body was thrown off the Red Wolf bridge.

The suspect moved to North Carolina in 2000. He was registed to vote in that area in 2000. I am aware of the case in Wilmington, North Carolina.

I do encourage you to check out the Yuku site.
Yeah your right Crecent its aproximately 25 or 30 miles.
As far as the sketch on the Allison site,its a passable likeness of LV when I knew him (mid 80's) except for the eyes which look too normal in the drawing.

Every few months I think of Chris and end up back on the internet.....

I did get that link to work this time. The guy "could" be him but Kline is right....the eyes are not wild enough looking. I have not seen the guy in 20 years. The guy is just spooky to be around. Even before Chris disappeared he just gave you the creeps to be around him.

I do find it interesting how some threads here take off and others just languish. For instance, I am obsessed with the Georgette Bauerdorf case, but no one cares about that.
This case is beyond creepy and I wonder what is up with Idaho law enforcement. They just let this guy walk. but why did he try to break into Kristin' Smith's apartment? What was he looking for and why did he kill those girls? Also was Steven a small guy? I mean, most adult men would put up a helluva fight.

This is a fascinating case. It has a lot of elements of a good mystery including plenty of information on it and a creepy old building at the center. Unlike most cases covered here, most folks who follow it, including local Law Enforcement, think they know who did it. One guy can be linked to all of the victims around the time of their murder but there is nothing that is strong enough to on any one of the victims to go to trial.

I do find it interesting how some threads here take off and others just languish. For instance, I am obsessed with the Georgette Bauerdorf case, but no one cares about that.
This case is beyond creepy and I wonder what is up with Idaho law enforcement. They just let this guy walk. but why did he try to break into Kristin' Smith's apartment? What was he looking for and why did he kill those girls? Also was Steven a small guy? I mean, most adult men would put up a helluva fight.
I know what you mean...there are some that I find facinating that dont seem to garner much interest while others... im not assigning value: 'oh this one is worse then that one.'
they are ALL tragedies ,but some have elements to the circumstances of the mystery that one would think would be irresistable to most sleuthers(like this one)...but they never generate much attention.
I dont know how big Steven was I never met him as I didnt join the Theater until 4 years after he disappeared but the POI is well over six feet and powerfully built.
I know back in the 80's I wouldnt have wanted to go toe to toe with him unless I had a Louisville Slugger handy.

This is a fascinating case. It has a lot of elements of a good mystery including plenty of information on it and a creepy old building at the center. Unlike most cases covered here, most folks who follow it, including local Law Enforcement, think they know who did it. One guy can be linked to all of the victims around the time of their murder but there is nothing that is strong enough to on any one of the victims to go to trial.
You ought to see this building in person...there ought to be a picture of it in the dictionary next to the word 'Gothic'.
A documentary about this case has been released its supposed to be available on Amazon by request soon.
Its called 'Confluence' if you Google it you can see the trailer for it.

Was the POI an Idaho local?
Was he suspected of other crimes before the Lewiston thing?

Wait a minute-L V was married with kids? And his wife stood by him, right? Whatever happened to the wife and kids?

There is a lot of information out there (try http://truecrimediary.com/index.cfm?page=cases&id=117 for a good overview.

Apparently the "prime suspects"'s step son has talked to the police and has told them what he knows but it isn't all that much.

Apparently, as a teenager, the "prime suspect" broke into a mortuatry to "gain access" to a recently deceased young girl (he had nothing to do with her death)

He continued to live in the Lewiston area for years. He was "publicly identified" as the Prime Suspect and took some sort of legal action against the Police over this. He always denied any involvement and complained about "harassment".

He now lives in another state. I recall reading where some "online sleauther" had gone over unsolved murdered or missing women in the area and couldn't find anything that "fit the pattern".

From what I have read, Idaho LE will "re-evaluate" their decision not to file charges against the "Prime Suspect" if the remains of Steven Pearsall are ever found.

Wait a minute-L V was married with kids? And his wife stood by him, right? Whatever happened to the wife and kids?
His wife is still standing by him and single-handedly re-defining the word 'Denial'.
The police NEVER publicly identified him until just this year.
AFTER Crecentcrow and Justiceseeker outed him on their website .
And the makers of the documentary 'Confluence' publicly identified him in their film.
(They gave him the opportunity to be interviewed and deny his involvement. His Wife and he declined.)
Identifying someone publicly as the police Primary Suspect is not an actionable offence if that is exactly what you are.
Yet The Lewiston Police and the Lewiston Tribune helped maintain his cover for decades.
Which is why I worked along side him at the Theater and hung out with him socially many,many times and had him in my home and my future ex-wife and I spent the night in his home the night of the cast party.
Never knowing he was a man authorities were convinced murdered at least 5 people.
Im sure the very nice woman who played my wife in that play never knew it either.
We moved to Montana shortly after the production.
It seems she 'commited suicide' shortly after and apparently our POI just happened to be the one to discover her body.
According to him she happened to be clutching one of his "Dungeon and Dragon" Figurines in her fist.
(He proudly showed me his vast hand painted collection of figurines the night of the cast party.)
Draw your own conclusions.

There is a lot of information out there (try http://truecrimediary.com/index.cfm?page=cases&id=117 for a good overview.

Apparently the "prime suspects"'s step son has talked to the police and has told them what he knows but it isn't all that much.

Apparently, as a teenager, the "prime suspect" broke into a mortuatry to "gain access" to a recently deceased young girl (he had nothing to do with her death)

He continued to live in the Lewiston area for years. He was "publicly identified" as the Prime Suspect and took some sort of legal action against the Police over this. He always denied any involvement and complained about "harassment".

He now lives in another state. I recall reading where some "online sleauther" had gone over unsolved murdered or missing women in the area and couldn't find anything that "fit the pattern".

From what I have read, Idaho LE will "re-evaluate" their decision not to file charges against the "Prime Suspect" if the remains of Steven Pearsall are ever found.
Their are ongoing searches for Stephen Pearsall's remains which Crecentcrow and JusticeSeeker and myself have participated in to try and remedy that indictment roadblock.
There will be more.
And as I understand it there are several murders in North Carolina that fit the pattern.
Crecentcrow could tell you more.
By the way our POI is now working as a Rural Mail Carrier.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back