ID ID - Michael “Monkey” Vaughan, 5, last seen near home, Fruitland, 27 Jul 2021 #1 *endangered*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder why "several times" why go back unless they thought something was there? IMO

I think in a neighborhood canvass LE may return if they have not had the chance to speak to all members of the household the first time. Then depending on the conversation, there may be things that weren't checked or thought of the first time they searched. I don't think it's necessarily suspicious in all cases.

I’m watching from a distance, but how Michael’s case is being handled seems to be productive and positive.

I wish we could hear more productive updates from LE in Summer’s case to counter the negative social media presence.
I think it may be partly because the surrounding area in Michael’s case is a lot easier to search, you have many closer neighbors, and more information is easily verifiable.
In Michael’s case the land is flat with many wide open spaces. The nearby neighborhoods appear well kept and have a low crime rate. The neighbors are more likely to have security like ring doorbells and tend to look out for one another.
In Summer’s case the terrain is rugged, hilly, and has dense tree cover and deep underbrush. The homes are much more spread out and many neighbors keep to themselves.
I think in both cases authorities seem a bit perplexed about what has happened to the missing child. Each respective LE agency may have an idea of what happened to their missing child but not have enough probable cause to make an arrest or may not be able to rule out an accident, just yet.
I think it is easier for the authorities to give press releases with more concrete information in Idaho, because they can more securely tick off the boxes. While we do have two missing five year olds who seemingly vanished, the similarities end there and the dynamics surrounding each case make for very different investigations. MOO

I wonder about a strategy of asking the neighbors, perhaps one block at a time, whether they would voluntarily open their home to LE to search. Not that LE would actually conduct thise searches, but to make note of which houses say no.

Probably not legal but it would feel tempting to try.
Just wondering, Can RSOs refuse a search of their residence?

Just wondering, Can RSOs refuse a search of their residence?

I believe anyone can refuse, and it doesn't even mean they have anything to hide -- it's a basic right of privacy.

I just thought it would be interesting to see who refused.

Refusers could be surveilled, but a search could only be forced upon them if enough probable cause was found to merit a search warrant.

I believe anyone can refuse, and it doesn't even mean they have anything to hide -- it's a basic right of privacy.

I just thought it would be interesting to see who refused.

Refusers could be surveilled, but a search could only be forced upon them if enough probable cause was found to merit a search warrant.

A child goes missing, LE asks neighbours to check outhouses etc. LE has no way of knowing if this was done.

What can LE do prior to having multiple search warrants or none as in this case, where it was reported that it was not necessary to request the warrants?

IMO

Pls correct me if I am wrong.
Edit: Sorry was meant for Summer Moon case where no arrest warrants were issued.

Last edited:
LE can't get search warrants unless and until they have probable cause relating to a specific person or property.

I was just presenting an idea, based on the assumption that most innocent people would welcome a search in order to support LE and show they want to find the missing child.

Then process of elimination would spotlight those who declined, for more careful attention. That is all my thought experiment was referring to.

And it sounds like LE have in fact searched in many homes where they were welcomed. Now I wonder what focus they are putting on any houses where they were refused.

All MOO

As we consider Monkey's disappearance, the linked Missing Children's study from the Attorney Gen. in the State of WA and the DOJ is good reference material. https://agportals3bucket.s3.amazonaws.com/uploadedfiles/Another/Supporting_Law_Enforcement/Homicide_Investigation_Tracking_System_(HITS)/Child_Abduction_Murder_Research/CMIIPDF.pdf
Statistically, it would seem the most likely cause of disappearance is the child simply wondering off, and meeting with misadventure.
Regardless, let's pray this little one is found soon.
A worthy read; lot's of excellent info.

Amateur opinion and speculation

The fundraiser will include a raffle in which people can win a prize from one out of the fifty businesses that are participating, or they can head to Platinum Studio on August 16 and receive a haircut with each donation made.

People have bought raffle tickets without even knowing what’s in the raffle you know, or just donated money and said we don’t need raffle tickets we just want to get this money into the family’s hands and just let them know that they are supported,” said May.

So far, the raffle has raised $3,500 for Michael’s family which will go directly to the bank account that has been opened for them at the Washington Federal Bank in Payette.
Local business helps raise money for missing boy's family

The city takes its name from the apple orchards that surround it.

Mayor Brian Howell of Fruitland stated that investigators are “working just as hard right now as they were when he was initially missing.”
The disappearance of a 5-year-old Idaho boy has shocked the small town of Fruitland. | The Washington Newsday

Mayor Brian Howell said residents had "never seen anything like this" in Fruitland.

The town, though not agricultural itself, is surrounded by farmland, part of largely rural Payette County.

Restaurants have donated food to search parties and authorities, and some owners have closed for a few hours in the day to walk the fields around the town. Some residents have conducted their own investigations, against police wishes.

N* and T* Vaughan, Michael's father, declined to be interviewed.
Town galvanized in desperate search for missing boy, 5

I’m always concerned when I see these cases because so many times before we have seen the parents be behind the disappearance. I pray that isn’t the case
I haven't seen anything from LE to indicate suspicion about the parents so far. You never know what's going on behind the scenes though.

I feel if Michael had an accident, he would likely have been discovered by now. Unless he went into the river - which most who are familiar with area, don't feel is reasonable. What does that leave us with - an abduction?

Has LE said where the dogs trailed him too and where his scent was lost?

I haven't seen anything from LE to indicate suspicion about the parents so far. You never know what's going on behind the scenes though.

I feel if Michael had an accident, he would likely have been discovered by now. Unless he went into the river - which most who are familiar with area, don't feel is reasonable. What does that leave us with - an abduction?

Has LE said where the dogs trailed him too and where his scent was lost?

i haven’t seen anything about the dogs yet. Abductions are really rare, but it is possible. People are giving their home surveillance footage so I feel like someone would have caught him on video if he was abducted?

I personally became suspicious when the parents turned down an interview with the news. I understand some people just don’t want to give interviews, don’t want the internet nit picking their behavior, claiming they’re lying, etc. and just because I would be on the news everywhere, screaming from the rooftops if it were my kid, doesn’t mean that everyone handles trauma like that.

still just doesn’t sit very well with me.

i haven’t seen anything about the dogs yet. Abductions are really rare, but it is possible. People are giving their home surveillance footage so I feel like someone would have caught him on video if he was abducted?

I personally became suspicious when the parents turned down an interview with the news. I understand some people just don’t want to give interviews, don’t want the internet nit picking their behavior, claiming they’re lying, etc. and just because I would be on the news everywhere, screaming from the rooftops if it were my kid, doesn’t mean that everyone handles trauma like that.

still just doesn’t sit very well with me.
I don't blame them one bit. Get a lawyer/advisor and stay off SM. A lawyer/advisor would be able to help them navigate their actions going forward.

I don't blame them one bit. Get a lawyer/advisor and stay off SM. A lawyer/advisor would be able to help them navigate their actions going forward.

I agree. The best advice is to always lawyer up. Even if you’re innocent. And I mean, look at what the McCanns went through! I couldn’t take that if my baby was missing. They probably don’t want the attention turned towards them.

but just as easy it is to understand that, it’s also easy to speculate that they don’t want people looking into them because they have something to hide.

It’s hard to read people’s motives during traumatic events like this.

I think we are all just gripped thinking of this young lad, and the time that has elapsed. With boys, it seems they are drawn to water. That is where I would focus. I think Tracker suggested within a 2 ish mile radius.

I'm sorry to have to even suggest this, but I think this is where the focus should be at this point, *unless* other information comes to light suggesting an abduction. What's with all these vanishing children? Heartbreaking, truly heartbreaking.

Amateur opinion and speculation

Any child is, I know I was (and still am) drawn to water.

Why do the local believe that his going into the river is unlikely? I've been around the area of the Snake River, but Lewiston, not Fruitland, and it doesn't seem that inaccessible or impossible..."

I agree. The best advice is to always lawyer up. Even if you’re innocent. And I mean, look at what the McCanns went through! I couldn’t take that if my baby was missing. They probably don’t want the attention turned towards them.
I don’t think a missing child’s parent needs to lawyer up. If I were being accused of a crime, or it looked like it was moving that direction, I’d consider a lawyer. But if my kids were missing, I’d be doing everything necessary to find them and wouldn’t want to deter from the investigation by adding a lawyer.

Regarding the McCanns, they were completely negligent in their parenting that ill fated night. I feel horrible about their child, but I don’t think we should compare these parents right now to the McCanns.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gretyr