ID ID - Michael “Monkey” Vaughan, 5, last seen near home, Fruitland, 27 Jul 2021 #1 *endangered*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If they don't receive a tip nor find evidence bringing the focus elsewhere, do they really have a choice other than continuing to focus on the area where he was last seen?
I don't think it necessarily means anything; we shouldn't be reading into it. It continues to be logical. JMO/ MOO.
Except if they truly had no idea if he was abducted and taken out of the area, the police, the family would be doing more than the minimal media updates. They would do an amber alert if any evidence pointed that way and seek national media. They aren’t doing that. I think that’s because they have evidence of him in the neighborhood and they have tracked down all the vehicles in the neighborhood. None are unaccounted for. So he cannot have been taken far. It’s a neighborhood that you do not pass through. JMO. Moo. Makes it hard for us non locals to speculate on who dun it.

By now they have probably viewed a lot of the security camera videos they gathered from neighbors. Hopefully that gives them some direction.
Perhaps talking to neighborhood kids that know where kids like to go.
Cell phone information should roll in at about six weeks.
MOO is that he wandered too far, got lost and they haven’t found him yet.

I was thinking about the Molly Tibbets case and where she was found. What's the farming like around where Michael went missing?
I know there is the Snake River they have searched and I've seen two small bodies of what looks like water on a map of the area that I'm sure they have searched.
Just wondered if there are corn fields or any other high growing foliage like Corn around there?
Also sorry to ask..the faint of heart..but they always look for buzzard activity. I don't think there would be any in dense foliage.
Praying they find him soon.
I believe they mentioned searching a corn field near his home. Principle crops in this area are corn, alfalfa, sugar beets and then winter wheat later.

I've lived about 50 miles from his home town for almost 30 years and I have never seen a buzzard here. Idaho is known for it's birds of prey but the buzzards seem to be nonexistent....here in Southern Idaho at least.

If they don't receive a tip nor find evidence bringing the focus elsewhere, do they really have a choice other than continuing to focus on the area where he was last seen?
I don't think it necessarily means anything; we shouldn't be reading into it. It continues to be logical. JMO/ MOO.
I'm not saying it is illogical that LE is still sniffing around that same initial area. I was just replying to a post asking why this threads is not as active as others. I was giving one reason that comes to mind. JMO

Checking in for Michael. I'm still puzzled by the way LE is treating this case. You all probably have better sense of what's going on. Is this an abduction or did he have an accident and hasn't been found?

Appears to me that something is "off" about this case and the lack of a high profile National BOLO, at least not that I have seen. What I do find interesting is that there is little to no high profile "rumor mongering" by either the press or social media.

Many SFOs in this town. Theirs a field with a tractor working the field in front of their home on google street view.
It seems logical this would be a possible witness. The newly registered offender on Elmore Just 2.6 miles away for Lewd Act With a Child under 16 most certainly has been questioned? Does this person work the fields? Do any RSOs work this field? Theres a camper just 2 houses down and a Semi Truck from Michaels home in street view too.

Last edited:
Appears to me that something is "off" about this case and the lack of a high profile National BOLO, at least not that I have seen. What I do find interesting is that there is little to no high profile "rumor mongering" by either the press or social media.

There are rumors galore going round and round. Honestly it’s hard to keep up with just the facts.
What does puzzle me is LE working this case. Giving absolutely nothing.

Checking in for Michael. I'm still puzzled by the way LE is treating this case. You all probably have better sense of what's going on. Is this an abduction or did he have an accident and hasn't been found?
I too find it eerily quiet! I’m thinking in the month since Michael disappeared they have gone through a lot of videos from neighbors cameras.

Cell phone records should be available soon. I think I read somewhere about six weeks or more.

It will be interesting if the search moves elsewhere or stays the same around the neighborhood as we have all read and watched.

I say let’s go back to the beginning search areas they continue to focus on. The below is bbm. Its my opinion this is a true statement. I also believe a male is the perp with a sexual motive. Including link for reference. This is dated 7/30/21 it’s the original area with maps.

Michael Joseph Vaughan was last seen Tuesday evening around 6:30 p.m. in the area of SW 9th and Arizona

"Even if you do not believe you have relevant information, please contact us so we can recreate a complete picture of the time and area Michael was last seen," said JD Huff, Fruitland Police Chief. "Every minute counts when searching for a missing child and we appreciate the public's continued support and coordination as we search for Michael."

Police want to talk to anyone who believes they were in the area of SW 8th St., SW 9th St., and Cornwall Way from 6:30 to o7:15 p.m. on July 27.
Fruitland Police ask for witnesses: 'Every minute counts when searching for missing child'

https://www.ojp.gov/pdffiles1/ojjdp/181161.pdf

eta: article 8/11/21:

Investigators will be back in areas that have been concentrated on and may be knocking on doors and asking more questions. Those areas include Southwest 8th and 9th streets, as well as three subdivisions: Cornwall Way, Hidden Meadows and Three Rivers Way.
Investigators will circle back to areas near boy's home

8/20/21:
A canine team from the Idaho Mountain Search and Rescue is now focusing on spots along the Snake River in Oregon. Marine patrols will continue to be directed to spots on the Snake River as needed.
FBI: Child Abduction Rapid Deployment Team helps search for missing Fruitland boy | ktvb.com
*if he’s in the water - someone put him there…moo

7/28/21:
Around 7:30 p.m. Tuesday, Fruitland police were dispatched after hearing a report that 5-year-old Michael Joseph Vaughn was missing and last seen near his home at Southwest 9th Street and South Arizona Avenue, according to a tweet from Idaho State Police.

Local residents joined police, fire crews and paramedics to begin searching for the child. A helicopter from St. Luke’s and Idaho Mountain Rescue teams arrived and also began searching, with the latter using its trained rescue personnel and a K-9 in the search.
https://www.idahostatesman.com/news/northwest/idaho/article253082783.html

Last edited:
I too find it eerily quiet! I’m thinking in the month since Michael disappeared they have gone through a lot of videos from neighbors cameras.

Cell phone records should be available soon. I think I read somewhere about six weeks or more.

It will be interesting if the search moves elsewhere or stays the same around the neighborhood as we have all read and watched.

With a missing child, cell phone records are usually obtained very quickly but I suppose it depends on what you mean by cell phone records and the phones involved etc.

Call and text records can be expedited from carriers in just a few days in many cases. Cell phone pings on towers is usually available quickly too.

I would think all of the family gave their phones immediately so for others, it depends on how long it may have taken LE to get a search warrant.

For vehicle GPS data, in another case I followed it took LE exactly 3 weeks from the time of seizing a POI vehicle to the time they found the victim's body by using the vehicle's GPS data.

What worries me is this: If the police got a search warrant and it shows a POI driving in Monkey's neighborhood and then at some later point driving to the river, that still may not be enough for an arrest.

There are rumors galore going round and round. Honestly it’s hard to keep up with just the facts.
What does puzzle me is LE working this case. Giving absolutely nothing.

Not seeing any talk at all, frankly. I’d sure like to hear some theories.

There is an older registered sex offender on Redwing who is on probation for a drug offense. He would have had to have taken sw 8th to enter or exit the neighborhood and is in close proximity to the river.

Other possible theories?!?

Not seeing any talk at all, frankly. I’d sure like to hear some theories.

There is an older registered sex offender on Redwing who is on probation for a drug offense. He would have had to have taken sw 8th to enter or exit the neighborhood and is in close proximity to the river.

Other possible theories?!?
The usual you see on most missing boards. Lots of speculation but no real leads or information of value. Mostly locals calling each other out!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
froggy4