ID ID - Michael “Monkey” Vaughan, 5, last seen near home, Fruitland, 27 Jul 2021 #1 *endangered*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought this information that I used in another thread to be interesting enough to post here, regarding cameras.

A new study found there are so many security cameras now, the average American is caught on camera 238 times a week. That's 34 times each day. And if you travel a lot, or work certain jobs, it's over a THOUSAND times a week. You're on Camera How Many Times a Week? - Hot 96.7.

This may be why LE is so quiet and why they posted that carefully worded request for information.

I thought this information that I used in another thread to be interesting enough to post here, regarding cameras.

A new study found there are so many security cameras now, the average American is caught on camera 238 times a week. That's 34 times each day. And if you travel a lot, or work certain jobs, it's over a THOUSAND times a week. You're on Camera How Many Times a Week? - Hot 96.7.

This may be why LE is so quiet and why they posted that carefully worded request for information.

That was done in 2020. Imagine how many more cameras are out there now.

Reward fund set up for safe return of missing boy

While the search for Michael continues, a reward fund has now been set up. Huff explained that the fund was made possible due to a $10,000 donation, made by someone who wants to remain anonymous. The chief said when the donor handed him the cashier's check he told the chief, "If that little boy is found and brought home safely, that will have been the best money I have ever spent."

Search update

While searches have slowed down somewhat for now, Huff said the Payette County Sheriff's Office was still running its marine unit up and down the Snake River once or twice a week. On Wednesday, they spent the entire day on the stretch of the river from Payette to Annex, checking sloughs and searching banks.

"They've been a tremendous help," he said.

Additionally, the intent is to get assistance from the sheriff's office again in the near future to launch its drone and cover some of the agricultural areas and fields that we have in the past. Huff said the drone has great cameras with high resolution they can see very well. There are also a few properties they want to get back to search a little better.

More available at the link above….

Please let dear little Michael be found today!

$10,000 reward offered to find missing Fruitland boy
Fruitland Police Chief J.D. Huff says he hopes the reward will motivate somebody to come forward with information about Michael Vaughan.
Updated: 10:25 PM MDT September 2, 2021
FRUITLAND, Idaho — A $10,000 reward is now being offered for the safe return of the missing 5-year-old Fruitland Boy. Michael Vaughan has been missing since July 27.
The search between investigators and community members is still very active.
Fruitland Police Chief J.D. Huff says the reward was donated by an anonymous person who just wants to see Michael back home with family.
This is a pretty special deal there because we haven't had that. This is a significant event for us and we're hoping that having that available might motivate somebody to come forward with some information," Huff said.
On Aug. 24, the family of Michael Vaughan spoke out for the first time in a press release from the Fruitland Police Department.
"Our Family is broken right now. Monkey's sisters are missing their partner in crime, and his brother won't play Minecraft until Michael comes home. Monkey, your Mommy and Daddy miss you more than anything in this world. We need you home to be whole," the family wrote.
So far investigators have received more than 370 tips in regards to Michael.
Huff says they are making an effort to follow up on each tip.
"Our hearts are with Michael's family. None of us have walked in their shoes. We only know this is a most difficult time, yet they continue to be cooperative and understanding," the department wrote.
Investigators are encouraging anyone with any information to contact police.
https://www.ktvb.com/.../277-5c55a391-d3c1-4c93-9d5c...

39 days and counting… What can happen in 39 days? Generous reward sparks hope Michael will be reunited with his family very soon and telling all about an adventure with some kind stranger that just wanted to love and take care of a little boy like Michael for awhile. Like their very own. Guilt is building up and they know he needs to be back playing with his mom, dad and siblings. Fear of jail and incarceration holds them back. 39 days of uncertainty now holds them hostage too.

A lot can happen in 39 days. Michael’s probably counting the days. Has Michael’s appetite changed in 39 days? Is he eating new foods? Does he sleep much in his new bed? Is he watching TV, drawing, reading? Are there windows he can look out? Are his new clothes fitting him? Kids are resilient and adaptable. Focusing on any positive I can pull out of an invisible magic hat here folks. Habits are formed in seven days. Routines are established by 21 days. 39 days and counting. Where is Michael? He’s probably counting the days too…

What a good and kind offer reward that stranger is doing for Michael.
That he/she chooses to remain anonymous is surely understood. But who is this?
A family member? A community member?
The mind wanders where this kindness comes from.
I think I read somewhere the dogs only tracked Michael to the end of the driveway but they still continue searching the canal.
I believe the reward has a 3 month time limit as per LE announcement.
Michael needs a miracle.

What a good and kind offer reward that stranger is doing for Michael.
That he/she chooses to remain anonymous is surely understood. But who is this?
A family member? A community member?
The mind wanders where this kindness comes from.
I think I read somewhere the dogs only tracked Michael to the end of the driveway but they still continue searching the canal.
I believe the reward has a 3 month time limit as per LE announcement.
Michael needs a miracle.
I believe. ❤️

If it is confirmed that the scent dogs stopped at the end of the driveway, then the highest probability is that he was put into a vehicle as he still would have left a scent trail if someone was carrying him.

If it is confirmed that the scent dogs stopped at the end of the driveway, then the highest probability is that he was put into a vehicle as he still would have left a scent trail if someone was carrying him.
Seeing your verification I have a question. Could the scent they allegedly found on the driveway mean nothing to the day he went missing because that would be his home turf and his scent would be expected to be there?

I keep this tab open on my laptop and check in every morning and every night hoping to hear good news about this sweet boy. I'm so sad that there doesn't appear to be any movement at all in this case.

Good for him. As the article says, LE has invested a lot of time and effort to find little Michael and they can’t help but become emotionally involved in the case. Sounds like he’s calling in some pros to try to keep the search from becoming overwhelming.

Acknowledging how a prolonged search (especially IMO for a child) can affect well-being helps to destigmatize mental health care and may encourage anyone with personal struggles to seek assistance.

IMO, he’s demonstrating good leadership.
Absolutely he is- well done to him

Seeing your verification I have a question. Could the scent they allegedly found on the driveway mean nothing to the day he went missing because that would be his home turf and his scent would be expected to be there?
It is possible. If it was the only scent, I would be surprised and have some concerns. The whole yard should have been covered with his scent, and unless there had been rain or high winds, the scents should have lasted for at least two days. It may be that there were more scent trails, but this one matched up with reported sightings or as yet undisclosed security video.

I'm sure this has been mentioned and it's rather obvious, but I was watching the police rescue aman from a storm drain after Ida last week. Are there storm drains in the street? I can see this being of interest to a young boy.

I'm sure this has been mentioned and it's rather obvious, but I was watching the police rescue aman from a storm drain after Ida last week. Are there storm drains in the street? I can see this being of interest to a young boy.

One of the articles mentioned they brought in specialized cameras to search the drains. Hang on, let me see if I can find it.

I couldn't find the comment--so let's say this is unconfirmed information. It was from about mid-August, I think, and in one of the LE updates.
Your memory is fine @carbuff
ID - ID - Michael “Monkey” Vaughan, 5, Fruitland, 27 Jul 2021 *MEDIA, MAPS, TIMELINE* No Discussion

Fruitland Police Page:

Update: The search for Michael Joseph Vaughan continues.
5-year-old Michael was last seen 14 days ago, July 27 at approx.. 6:30 p.m. in his neighborhood on Southwest 9th Street in Fruitland, Idaho.
To date we have received nearly 250 tips with each one being reviewed by an assigned investigator. Our Tipline is functioning very well and we are receiving your information. Thank you. Please send your tips directly to our Tipline as we are not able to monitor our Facebook.
Please note the new email Tipline: findmichael@fruitland.org.
Today we continued the methodical task of combing through the residential and business security camera video files for new leads. Search and rescue efforts are scheduled this week to include professional search and rescue personnel, canines, as well as aerial and marine searches of the area. The many miles of waterways present significant challenges for us and there is a lot of debris and vegetation overgrowth along the banks of the Snake River and it’s slews. It will be slow going along the river, but as you know, we’re leaving no stone unturned. We recently searched large French drain in the area of the Hidden Meadows Subdivision with the use of a high resolution, large drain camera.
The New Plymouth Public Works Department provided the camera and we would like to thank them for its use in our search for Michael. We continue to ask all residents to walk their fence lines and check any drainage that may run through your property.
There may be someone who knows something who has been unsure, perhaps even afraid to reach out. We want to listen. For those who would like their tips to remain anonymous, tips can be sent through Crime Stoppers of Southwest Idaho http://www.crimestoppersswidaho.org/.

There is more info here : Log In or Sign Up to View

One of the articles mentioned they brought in specialized cameras to search the drains. Hang on, let me see if I can find it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member