ID ID - Michael “Monkey” Vaughan, 5, last seen near home, Fruitland, 27 Jul 2021 #1 *endangered*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's one:

Multiple agencies still actively searching local area for missing 5-year-old boy

A search was recently conducted in the “large French drain in the Hidden Meadows Subdivision with the use of a high resolution, large drain camera, provided by New Plymouth Public Works Department.”
I've set up a media maps timeline thread for little Michael - is it possible to append to the opening post or is it too late?

ID - ID - Michael “Monkey” Vaughan, 5, Fruitland, 27 Jul 2021 *MEDIA, MAPS, TIMELINE* No Discussion

I'm wondering about the drains located in the curbs on the street. (Or if there are any). Where I live they'd be big enough to allow a small kid to easily get through.
That is a good question. Most streets have storm runoff drains. Not sure if these have openings large enough for a child to crawl in or if LE thought to check them. Thinking about that just gave me the creeps having seen the new "IT" movie not that long ago.

If they're still searching the water and drains in the area I'm thinking that perhaps this is a case of misadventure and not something criminal.

I am befuddled with this one.

MOO

Since they’ve been so focused right around the home and no sense that he left the area, maybe no vehicles were seen on camera in the hour or so after he was last seen and that’s why they’re so certain he’s nearby.

Every day I look to see if anything new on Michael and mostly nothing. I said earlier it's very strange. I read somewhere that they had taken a lot of those Ring video cameras and were reviewing the tapes so I kept looking to see if the search changed but nothing. Nothing at all. Surely Michael would be somewhere on tape if he left the house as the neighbor who saw him said.
If they saw him with a stranger then I would expect the search to widen out side the immediate area. I wonder if they are still searching the canals and the snake river?
I'm like the Indians with my ear to the ground hoping to hear something, anything.

I can’t seem to comprehend why a little boy is allowed to play outside, unsupervised, in pajamas and underwear, at 6:30 - 7:00 in the evening. I just don’t understand.
I’m not sure he was allowed as much as he just did it. Sounds like dad was distracted ordering dinner and tending to the baby.

It's so quiet around this case, don't you think?

Yes. Total radio silence. Absolutely nothing, not even a few crumbs.

A lot of cases have very, very little to go on.

This case has nothing. NOTHING.

I hope LE find his body, because at least then we'll know what happened.

If they don't find it, we will never know if he was abducted or not. And that is a very frightening thing.

If they don't find it, we will never know if he was abducted or not. And that is a very frightening thing.

Usually you'll have an abundance of rumors or possible sightings or theories being put forth but there there is nothing.

Here is the upshot. When law enforcement is silent it means they don’t think they need our help. They have reason to believe they dont need a national public awareness campaign. They dont even think they have enough to warrant an Amber alert.

For the pursuit of justice, it’s good news LE doesn’t need us to be on he look out. Of course the odds are not in Monkey’s favor but LE clearly believes he was not abducted out of the area.

So whatever happened was local. But the quiet suggests to me that they do not even need local help at identifying the suspect anymore. There’s no one asking about odd behavior or who called out sick. I just really think/ hope they have their suspect and are tightening things up. :(

I'm wondering about the drains located in the curbs on the street. (Or if there are any). Where I live they'd be big enough to allow a small kid to easily get through.

That's a good thought. We still have sewers on the corners a small child could fit through. It'd be tough, but feasible.

Some old ones you can still lift the lid off. Too heavy for a kid, but if a ball went down the sewer an older kid or parent took the lid off and hung the skinniest kid by the feet to grab it.

Hoping that couldn't be the case where somebody put this beautiful child.

I can’t seem to comprehend why a little boy is allowed to play outside, unsupervised, in pajamas and underwear, at 6:30 - 7:00 in the evening. I just don’t understand.
This is very common practice where I live. We see kids 2 and up unsupervised playing all the time. Even when I listen to the scanner I hear people finding toddlers and calling it in then walking through neighborhoods trying to figure out where the kiddo belongs. It happens so often that no one seems concerned or alarmed.

I haven’t gotten used to the number of very young children I see unsupervised.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Marisa_breanna97