NY - Family of four found dead in basement of their Irondequoit home, 31 Aug 2024

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I wonder how sure they are that it's "not a domestic incident".

First blush, with the scant details we have, it checks a bunch of boxes for a family annihilation/suicide.

I guess we'll have to wait for more information.

MOO
I thought the same, especially when I seen the friend hasn’t mentioned him at all in the fundraiser. Possible that she didn’t know him as I had seen he worked away in one article? Leaves me with a lot of questions though.

I thought the same, especially when I seen the friend hasn’t mentioned him at all in the fundraiser. Possible that she didn’t know him as I had seen he worked away in one article? Leaves me with a lot of questions though.
The one way I can think they'd be sure is if there was evidence that all four were killed by someone else. If, for example. both adults were bound, or were killed by multiple gunshot wounds. Or any weapon that could have harmed them was not present. Or all were definitely deceased before the fire was set.

I know there's one way these things tend to go, but if the chief is stating firmly 'not domestic' when they're dealing with a mass casualty scene involving fire, then they must have some very clear, smack you in the face evidence that another actor was present in this tragedy.

MOO

I noticed in the fundraiser set up by the friend that the adult male isn’t mentioned at all.
Funny, we're all noticing the same things. That same friend and her Dad in my post you quoted, didn't mention him there either. I started to say that last night, but thought maybe I was hyperfocusing.

Interesting points. I didn't realize it wasn't just the basement set on fire or that Chief Peters said they have leads.
  • "Adults do what adults do. Kids are innocent. Take that for what it's worth,"
  • "Mom was being a mom, protecting her children. Dad— I can't say, but nobody should be able to do this or think they can do this to a child."
  • Peters said there are leads with the investigation, but it is too early to say just what motives might be or who suspects might be.
  • Moreno-Santiago's close friend Xiomara Weeks said that Moreno-Santiago has stayed at home in recent years with the children and Ubaldo has been employed.
  • The fires were multiple, set throughout the Irondequoit home, in what appeared to be a clear effort to cover up the gruesome scene that was left inside.

Relatives say the couple had been together for nearly six years.

Luz Moreno is Marangely's father. In a statement, Luz said, "She was a sweet girl—very dependable, a great mom. Everything was for her kid, you know?"

Xiomara Weeks, the godmother of the two children killed, is Marangely's best friend. She got choked up talking about the family.

She said in a statement, "I'm coming to reality now, but it's still kind of like a shock. I lost my best friend, I lost my god kids. I've been asking myself why, why them? Why them? I just don't get it."

Comments following articles are not something I typically read, but did read these ones. They seem, ummm, interesting? moo
What a sad case

The official Media Release from Irondequoit PD

From the Press Conference:
Firefighters entered the home, and because of the time of day (5:30 AM) began searching in the bedrooms, which were empty. They searched the second and first floors before finding the victims in the basement of the home.

No history of PD visiting the home for any reason. No criminal record for parents.

The word "suspects" (plural) is used repeatedly throughout the press conference by police chief.

The mom "was being a mom, protecting her children. [As for] dad, I can't say".

Seemingly referring to motive or "why... this chain of events was set in motion," the police chief states, "I don't know if it was... well, I do know. I have a good idea why, but it's just too early to spec
I wonder how sure they are that it's "not a domestic incident".

First blush, with the scant details we have, it checks a bunch of boxes for a family annihilation/suicide.

I guess we'll have to wait for more information.

MOO
I am wondering too if it wasn't a murder suicide situation. It's really sad that it has happened,those poor babies didn't deserve that.
ulate on why this happened.

Sounds as if one or more adults in the home had involvement with violent people.
That's what I'm thinking. And that's why the officer was so choked up - the kids have nothing to do with anything the adult(s) were involved with. We'll see what comes of this, but I'm thinking the father got into something that was over his head. Speculation.
jmo

Funny, we're all noticing the same things. That same friend and her Dad in my post you quoted, didn't mention him there either. I started to say that last night, but thought maybe I was hyperfocusing.

Interesting points. I didn't realize it wasn't just the basement set on fire or that Chief Peters said they have leads.
  • "Adults do what adults do. Kids are innocent. Take that for what it's worth,"
  • "Mom was being a mom, protecting her children. Dad— I can't say, but nobody should be able to do this or think they can do this to a child."
  • Peters said there are leads with the investigation, but it is too early to say just what motives might be or who suspects might be.
  • Moreno-Santiago's close friend Xiomara Weeks said that Moreno-Santiago has stayed at home in recent years with the children and Ubaldo has been employed.
  • The fires were multiple, set throughout the Irondequoit home, in what appeared to be a clear effort to cover up the gruesome scene that was left inside.
I'm so conflicted, personally. On the one hand, this case and the Robert Fisher case have... a LOT of similarities based on the initial synopsis of the crime. And we all know why that monster did what he did.

But on the other, why would he repeatedly say "suspects" (plural) in the press conference? Wouldn't they use time during the PC to tell the community that there was no on-going threat? Why make it so clear that they are keeping information close to the chest so that they don't tip their hand to any suspects? I almost wonder if the "no history of domestic violence calls" is the Chief trying to point to the idea that this wasn't that situation at all, rather than the opposite.

“It could be anybody. Nobody is caught so whatever monster did this or monsters did this, they’re still here. Maybe they took off. Maybe they are our next door neighbor. Maybe they are still in the neighborhood,” Marianetta said.

Samuel Rivera has lived in the neighborhood for 26 years. He lives steps away from where the family was killed but didn’t hear anything.

“It’s two little children. They don’t know nothing. All they know what to do is play,” Rivera said. “To me, they look like a good family. They come out to the porch and do their little get together they talk to me all the time. One day they invited my granddaughter for a birthday party.”

Another neighbor who didn’t want to be identified on camera says she is still in shock and says she prays for justice for the family.

Here is another, older fb for the father who was killed...very odd stuff...

This would have been from when he was in his mid-teens.

His "official" Facebook page said he was from the Dominican Republic. That had me wondering if he had some kind of ties to organized crime. Doesn't mean he was, of course.

1725407819085.png

Tim Lucey has known the father, 30-year-old Fraime Ubaldo, for several years.

"He's just going to be missed. I'm thinking about him today," Lucey said Tuesday. "Fraime came over to my house back in 2016 when I was thinking of working for the company he was working for. I couldn't have asked for a better friend. I love him. I miss him."

Irondequoit Town Supervisor Andrae Evans shared his thoughts Monday on the quadruple homicide.

"We are heartbroken," Evans said. "Our hearts go out to the family, out to the neighbors for suffering through this horrific event, and we will not stop until justice is served."

"(He was) always smiling, never knew him to not come into work or my house," Lucey said. "No matter what the gallery we went to, he was always smiling, always friendly. He was like my son, and I miss him."

This article says all four victims were NOT killed by the fire. Between this and police stating that this isn't a domestic incident and that they are looking for suspects, everything seems to point away from this being a murder-suicide. Unless we hear otherwise, both parents are victims and should be treated as such.

I'm not sure what the Chief meant by this statement, but it caught my attention.
Same. And you know what else?
"The kids didn't deserve it. They had a whole life in front of them."
That's another slightly weird quote from chief Peters. Is he inferring that the parents somehow did "deserve" it, due to risk-taking activity i.e. crime?

LE is saying it wasn't a "domestic issue." My first thought is the drug trade.moo

Same. And you know what else?

That's another slightly weird quote from chief Peters. Is he inferring that the parents somehow did "deserve" it, due to risk-taking activity i.e. crime?

LE is saying it wasn't a "domestic issue." My first thought is the drug trade.moo
Chief Peters was very rattled, he composed himself to the best of his ability. But some of the questions which were asked at the end of the pressor, seemed to unnerve him.

I don't think his comment is intended to infer what you state. I'm giving him some grace on this one, because I do see how it could be interpreted that way. I had the same thought as you initially.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
froggy4
Back