NY - Family of four found dead in basement of their Irondequoit home, 31 Aug 2024

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I wonder how sure they are that it's "not a domestic incident".

First blush, with the scant details we have, it checks a bunch of boxes for a family annihilation/suicide.

I guess we'll have to wait for more information.

MOO
I thought the same, especially when I seen the friend hasn’t mentioned him at all in the fundraiser. Possible that she didn’t know him as I had seen he worked away in one article? Leaves me with a lot of questions though.

I thought the same, especially when I seen the friend hasn’t mentioned him at all in the fundraiser. Possible that she didn’t know him as I had seen he worked away in one article? Leaves me with a lot of questions though.
The one way I can think they'd be sure is if there was evidence that all four were killed by someone else. If, for example. both adults were bound, or were killed by multiple gunshot wounds. Or any weapon that could have harmed them was not present. Or all were definitely deceased before the fire was set.

I know there's one way these things tend to go, but if the chief is stating firmly 'not domestic' when they're dealing with a mass casualty scene involving fire, then they must have some very clear, smack you in the face evidence that another actor was present in this tragedy.

MOO

I noticed in the fundraiser set up by the friend that the adult male isn’t mentioned at all.
Funny, we're all noticing the same things. That same friend and her Dad in my post you quoted, didn't mention him there either. I started to say that last night, but thought maybe I was hyperfocusing.

Interesting points. I didn't realize it wasn't just the basement set on fire or that Chief Peters said they have leads.
  • "Adults do what adults do. Kids are innocent. Take that for what it's worth,"
  • "Mom was being a mom, protecting her children. Dad— I can't say, but nobody should be able to do this or think they can do this to a child."
  • Peters said there are leads with the investigation, but it is too early to say just what motives might be or who suspects might be.
  • Moreno-Santiago's close friend Xiomara Weeks said that Moreno-Santiago has stayed at home in recent years with the children and Ubaldo has been employed.
  • The fires were multiple, set throughout the Irondequoit home, in what appeared to be a clear effort to cover up the gruesome scene that was left inside.

Relatives say the couple had been together for nearly six years.

Luz Moreno is Marangely's father. In a statement, Luz said, "She was a sweet girl—very dependable, a great mom. Everything was for her kid, you know?"

Xiomara Weeks, the godmother of the two children killed, is Marangely's best friend. She got choked up talking about the family.

She said in a statement, "I'm coming to reality now, but it's still kind of like a shock. I lost my best friend, I lost my god kids. I've been asking myself why, why them? Why them? I just don't get it."

Comments following articles are not something I typically read, but did read these ones. They seem, ummm, interesting? moo
What a sad case

The official Media Release from Irondequoit PD

From the Press Conference:
Firefighters entered the home, and because of the time of day (5:30 AM) began searching in the bedrooms, which were empty. They searched the second and first floors before finding the victims in the basement of the home.

No history of PD visiting the home for any reason. No criminal record for parents.

The word "suspects" (plural) is used repeatedly throughout the press conference by police chief.

The mom "was being a mom, protecting her children. [As for] dad, I can't say".

Seemingly referring to motive or "why... this chain of events was set in motion," the police chief states, "I don't know if it was... well, I do know. I have a good idea why, but it's just too early to spec
I wonder how sure they are that it's "not a domestic incident".

First blush, with the scant details we have, it checks a bunch of boxes for a family annihilation/suicide.

I guess we'll have to wait for more information.

MOO
I am wondering too if it wasn't a murder suicide situation. It's really sad that it has happened,those poor babies didn't deserve that.
ulate on why this happened.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
poohgirl2001w
Back