ID ID - Michael “Monkey” Vaughan, 5, last seen near home, Fruitland, 27 Jul 2021 #1 *endangered*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to throw in my 2 cents. I don't see this 5yr old crossing highways or doing anything of the sort. He seems to be a happy boy who likes to visit neighbors etc. Reading he was wearing briefs makes me think he was getting ready to go night night. Winding down with his family while getting him ready for bed and he went outside for some reason. I don't have any hinky meter on the family at all. I can't come up with a reason for him to go outside at this point but it sounds like he is an active, curious child who would explore something. IMO

I’m not reading anything into him being in his underwear. We see neighbor kids playing outside in them all the time. Or in their pajamas.

I’m starting to lean towards abduction (if he’s not found stuck somewhere nearby soon) since they haven’t found him or anything he was wearing when he left. He hasn’t lost a flip flop yet? My littles take them off to feel the grass, to walk through sand, for a hundred other reasons.

I’m not reading anything into him being in his underwear. We see neighbor kids playing outside in them all the time. Or in their pajamas.

I’m starting to lean towards abduction (if he’s not found stuck somewhere nearby soon) since they haven’t found him or anything he was wearing when he left. He hasn’t lost a flip flop yet? My littles take them off to feel the grass, to walk through sand, for a hundred other reasons.
Starting to feel that way isn't it. Guess we see what the Sheriff has to say at the pressor tomorrow.

Idaho State Police searching for missing, endangered 5-year-old boy | krem.com
The boy was last seen wearing a light blue shirt with a Minecraft picture on it, dark blue boxer briefs and sandals.

IMO, Boxer briefs are underwear, the longer kind.

I rarely think abduction but this one I do. Either a neighbor or stranger saw the opportunity. I hope I am wrong.

New to the thread and trying to get a better feel for what’s happening.

Is this an affluent neighbourhood?

Michael lives with his parents and Grandfather I understand. They have a Nanny? Is she live in? Does everybody in the home work? Any other children in the home?

It sounds like Michael roamed quite a bit and on a regular basis. Did anyone go looking for him on his previous excursions or was he just allowed to go and would come back on his own?

Hopefully PC will provide more details.

Michael lives with his parents and Grandfather I understand. They have a Nanny? Is she live in? Does everybody in the home work? Any other children in the home?

It sounds like Michael roamed quite a bit and on a regular basis. Did anyone go looking for him on his previous excursions or was he just allowed to go and would come back on his own?

@ByTheSea used to live there and described it as a place where her kids played safely.

It appears to be a very small town, very tidy and community-oriented neighborhood surrounded by cultivated fields. Multiple neighbors have spoken out about knowing Michael. Not an affluent neighborhood, but a mix of working families and empty nesters.

The community searchers together with law enforcement and SAR have reported they thoroughly searched the entire town of Fruitland. The community has been very active in the search based on the Fruitland PD official Facebook page. MOO

Idaho State Police searching for missing, endangered 5-year-old boy | krem.com
The boy was last seen wearing a light blue shirt with a Minecraft picture on it, dark blue boxer briefs and sandals.

IMO, Boxer briefs are underwear, the longer kind.

Imo, it's a red flag if someone disappears in their underwear, pajamas, or no shoes. As most people (not all) do not venture far away from home wearing these or wearing no shoes.

Btw, do we know if he was wearing shoes? Eta: I see now he was wearing sandals.

All JMO.....

Does anyone think this wording is strange?
Around 7:30 p.m. Tuesday, Fruitland police were dispatched after hearing a report that 5-year-old Michael Joseph Vaughn was missing and last seen near his home at Southwest 9th Street and South Arizona Avenue, according to a tweet from Idaho State Police.

Read more here: https://www.i dahostatesman.com/news/northwest/idaho/article253082783.html#storylink=cpy

Maybe it’s just me but it makes it sound like LE found out second hand that he was missing, not through a 911 call.
All the wording on this gives me very, very bad vibes...I Hope this little boy is okay.

My understanding is that the "nanny" takes care of the children when both parents are at work. Not live-in. She was not at the home when Michael went missing.

I haven't seen anything about him "roaming quite a bit and on a regular basis?"

It’s not an affluent neighborhood. Middle class, working families. Fruitland is your typical small town. Nice place to raise your family, quiet, friendly. The “nanny” is a family friend who babysits for them, most likely. From the pictures I’ve seen they have 4 kids.

I'm going to Fruitland today...not to search per se but is there anyplace anyone would like me to check out while I am there? I've been looking at google maps this morning looking for likely hidey holes in the neighborhood and nothing has jumped out at me that probably wasn't already searched several times.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ClueCrusader