ID ID - Michael “Monkey” Vaughan, 5, last seen near home, Fruitland, 27 Jul 2021 #1 *endangered*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sigh. Same vague wording as always with this case. It bugs me that even after all this time, no one has elaborated on the day or timeline before he went missing.
Not a word from stepdad who was the last to see him. No interviews with mom or a spokes person. No additional information that narrows down what went on?

How can that information be deemed so damaging to someone that you would prefer it being not told over even the tiniest chance of it getting you closer to finding your son?

Still not sure what to make of this. Glad the mom finally came out but it’s definitely really strange it took so long.

I wish I knew what investigators know. Surely they’ve had the list of Honda Pilot owners and those with access to one for months. Surely they know way more than they are saying.

what about a photo of the man walking?

no reporter asked about if the blue car has not panned out as a witness or suspect. Or the jogger.

If they still didn’t find Michael in the yards and fields, I think Michael was removed in a vehicle. This has seemed quite apparent from very early on. Alive or dead, odds are he would have been found if he was not removed in a vehicle. (Unless for example they are creating grounds for a search warrant of a property that has refused searches).

I really find it difficult to imagine the police really don’t know who the likely Honda owner or driver was. THEY BETTER HAVE A VERY GOOD IDEA BY NOW. They just need help proving it.

<modsnip>

ETA: more questions reporters should have asked.

1. When was Michael last seen on surveillance video and where?
  2. Who last admits to seeing Michael? When and where?
  3. Has the Dodge Avenger driver been excluded as a suspect or witness?
  4. Have you determined the exact year of the Honda Pilot or anything about the driver or the license plate? Or direction driven?
  5. Have you found any of the clothing Michael was last seen in? If so, what and where?
  6. Have you found any evidence of foul play? Abduction? Accidental injury? Violence? Abuse? Neglect?
  7. Are the other children still allowed in father’s custody?
  8. When and where was Michael last seen by an adult other than his father?
  9. When and where was Michael last seen by a reliable witness outside the household/ family?

Last edited by a moderator:
I've typed and erased this post several times. I'll just say this ... the many, many, many, many, searches failed to find Michael. It seems fairly obvious he was abducted and taken away in a vehicle. The only other alternative worth considering at this point- the last person known to have been with him is responsible.

This is the oddest case, if it weren't for the continued involvement of the Idaho State Police & FBI. I would be convinced local LE completely flubbed the dub, Michael is gone forever and we'll never know what happened to him.

Huff is beginning to rub me the wrong way.

Sigh. Same vague wording as always with this case. It bugs me that even after all this time, no one has elaborated on the day or timeline before he went missing.
Not a word from stepdad who was the last to see him. No interviews with mom or a spokes person. No additional information that narrows down what went on?

How can that information be deemed so damaging to someone that you would prefer it being not told over even the tiniest chance of it getting you closer to finding your son?
Can you elaborate within msm ?
His family have not yet spoken up ?
Maybe they've talked to LE only ?
Were there any family or custody issues ?
I've been reading back from the beginning but the household situation hasn't been addressed that I know of.
Was thinking this was some type of custody dispute.
No mention of anything spotted on security cameras and also no mention of who saw Michael last outside of family.
It was summer so was he in a daycare program ?
Babysitters ?

After the time that's passed, LE should have a general idea of how Michael vanished.
Imo.

This case stinks (to me) to high heaven of someone trying to control a narrative that they hadn't written or read, or have possibly been trying to do damage control on from a specific perspective from the very beginning. This is very much my opinion only but, I feel that there is someone very involved with this case that has known what happened to Michael (Monkey) from very early on. I feel like this case desperately needs a new outside LE agency to come in and review absolutely everything from top to bottom and ask some very serious & blunt questions to some people that may be thinking they won't be on the receiving end of such questions at this point.

This case stinks (to me) to high heaven of someone trying to control a narrative that they hadn't written or read, or have possibly been trying to do damage control on from a specific perspective from the very beginning. This is very much my opinion only but, I feel that there is someone very involved with this case that has known what happened to Michael (Monkey) from very early on. I feel like this case desperately needs a new outside LE agency to come in and review absolutely everything from top to bottom and ask some very serious & blunt questions to some people that may be thinking they won't be on the receiving end of such questions at this point.
I like your post. Curious who do you feel is controlling the narrative? Even if FPD hasn't asked the hard questions, don't you think ISP or the FBI have?

Can you elaborate within msm ?
His family have not yet spoken up ?
Maybe they've talked to LE only ?
Were there any family or custody issues ?
I've been reading back from the beginning but the household situation hasn't been addressed that I know of.
Was thinking this was some type of custody dispute.
No mention of anything spotted on security cameras and also no mention of who saw Michael last outside of family.
It was summer so was he in a daycare program ?
Babysitters ?

After the time that's passed, LE should have a general idea of how Michael vanished.
Imo.
From the beginning his mom and stepdad has said absolutely nothing besides the mom saying she wants him back and sharing posters.
Step dad has said nothing, not even a Facebook post or done a short statement at the early press briefings. They had a babysitter who went rogue on Social media shortly after he went missing, but her claims have not been discredited nor confirmed by mom or dad. It seems really weird they won’t even tell the most basic of facts like what was going on before he went missing?
Why was he in his boxers and a t-shirt, walking around outside alone at 6.30 pm? Why was that normal for a 5 year old? When and how did he found out he was gone? What happened then? What’s the family’s situation? Where was the grandad that lives with them? The siblings? Mom? Only thing I know is hear-says and local chatter. I found that odd.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nati...5JR5xo2LjBfxLV9rqWrVhD2ahUEE-lJVwlunuuh7fSZOs

FRUITLAND, Idaho — Police investigators in southwestern Idaho now say a 5-year-old boy missing since July was likely abducted.

Fruitland Police Chief J.D. Huff said during a news conference Thursday that the search for Michael Vaughan won’t stop until the boy is found.

But at the same time they say nothing is off the table, and even though parents are not suspects as of now, they haven’t been cleared either - right? Seems as if they say it’s most likely he was abducted because they can’t really say anything else without hurting someone close to Michael and sabotaging the investigation..

Parents’ behavior seems perfectly reasonable and rational. By using a family spokesperson, the only thing we’re left to dissect is their silence. Not their tone, mouth movement, whether the eyes looked to the left or right when saying his name, the amount of tears flowing and when, whether their word choice is distancing or minimizing, and whether mom’s mascara is applied too perfectly.

“Well, I wouldn’t care about any of that!” is one response. But it’s not the only response, the “best” response, or the only response possible from truly innocent or truly good parents.

JMO.

I have the feeling the reason there aren't many updates is because they know who did it and they just trying to find out all the information and where he is before they do anything. Just my opinion of course and incredibly sad.
Hmmm....
It makes me nervous when LE are largely silent.
I hope there will be answers soon and I wish for Michael's safe return of course !
Imo.

The following link is for an interview given several days ago by Michael's mother, Brandi Neal. It has been approved for posting by Admin.

Whenever I see a video of Michael, I can't help but cry. He always looks so happy. It makes this nightmare all the more heartbreaking.

There isn't a lot of information about what was happening prior to Michael's disappearance, so I was glad to hear Brandi speak a little more about that.. even though I still have questions.

I've seen Equusearch suggested by many people on social media. To anyone more familiar with that group, is it likely they could bring anything new or fresh to the table at this point in the investigation? Fruitland PD has continued to utilize resources for searches, so I'm just wondering what Equusearch could do beyond what has already been done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay