ID ID - Michael “Monkey” Vaughan, 5, last seen near home, Fruitland, 27 Jul 2021 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
LE definitely shot over the bow - "Fruitland police strongly encourage Shurtliff and Lucienne to contact detectives at (208) 452-3000 as the window of time for talking is closing."

In other words, give us a call or we will come and arrest you any way. I hope this leads to more answers soon!

LE definitely shot over the bow - "Fruitland police strongly encourage Shurtliff and Lucienne to contact detectives at (208) 452-3000 as the window of time for talking is closing."

In other words, give us a call or we will come and arrest you any way. I hope this leads to more answers soon!

I think it's fair to say the vast majority of people would expect the police to come looking for them if they had reason to think a crime had been committed. Even more, I speculate that had they taken legal advice, even a lawyer would suggest they only speak to the police together with legal representation once an allegation and reason for questioning has been set forth - everything else is surely pretty much 'waiving ones legal rights' and police detectives are aware of that more than anyone? JMO MOO

FRUITLAND — The search for a body in a yard neighboring the home where suspects were named in a missing child case that stretches back 16 months turned up nothing. Beginning Dec. 2, Fruitland Police were joined by other law enforcement officials in conducting the consensual search, which was based on information they had received. Furthermore, while additional suspects were named a week ago and those at large urged to step forward and talk to detectives, Fruitland Police Chief JD Huff declined Thursday to comment on whether there had been communication since then.

“And we deployed ground-penetrating radar and certified human remains dogs, completing the search and no remains were found,” said Huff during a phone interview. “But our searches aren’t going to end, and we continue to follow the evidence.”

Long article -- continues at link.

FRUITLAND — The search for a body in a yard neighboring the home where suspects were named in a missing child case that stretches back 16 months turned up nothing. Beginning Dec. 2, Fruitland Police were joined by other law enforcement officials in conducting the consensual search, which was based on information they had received. Furthermore, while additional suspects were named a week ago and those at large urged to step forward and talk to detectives, Fruitland Police Chief JD Huff declined Thursday to comment on whether there had been communication since then.

“And we deployed ground-penetrating radar and certified human remains dogs, completing the search and no remains were found,” said Huff during a phone interview. “But our searches aren’t going to end, and we continue to follow the evidence.”

Long article -- continues at link.
I wonder why he wouldn't say if they had spoken with the other suspects.

FRUITLAND, Idaho — Fruitland Police Department (FPD) used ground penetrating radar and human remains dogs in a neighboring yard to the house that was previously searched in order to find Michael Vaughan's remains.

Additionally, contact has been made with two men wanted for questioning in the disappearance of the now 6-year-old boy.

More at link

12-08-2022

Update: Michael Vaughan Investigation

The Fruitland Police Department continues to investigate the abduction and the location of the remains of 5-year-old Michael Vaughan.

Voluntary consent was obtained to search a neighboring residence to 1102 Redwing St. in Fruitland. On Dec. 2, 2022, ground penetrating radar and a certified human remains detection dog were deployed in the back yard of the neighboring residence. No additional evidence was found, and there was no indication that Michael had been in any other neighboring yards other than 1102 Redwing St.The purpose of the search was an investigative step to eliminate all other possibilities.

“We remain confident that the evidence shows that Michael’s remains had been moved and the investigation continues as we follow all leads,” Fruitland Police Chief JD Huff said.

Additionally, contact has been made with the two outstanding individuals needed for questioning. We appreciate the community’s help in providing information on the whereabouts of Brandon Shurtliff, 30, of Kuna, ID and Adrien Lucienne, 32, of Toledo, Ohio.

The Fruitland Police Department is working closely with the Payette County Prosecutor as we continue to work this active and ongoing investigation.

The Fruitland Police Department is grateful for the continued community support and patience as we pursue justice in this case.
Tips can be sent to the Fruitland Police Department (208) 452-3110, Tipsters may remain anonymous, findmichael@fruitland.org or to Crime Stoppers, 343COPS.com.

Future updates will be released on this page as they’re available.

Thank you.

I have a couple of theories....
The group of 4 Stacey, Sarah, Brandon & Adrian are all heavily involved with meth and abducted, killed then moved Michael at least once.

Or same people, same meth, saw people out searching, helped search, in their meth induced state discussed him being missing and theories and at some point someone in the group couldn't distinguish reality from fantasy.

edit: Just theories, just MOO and trying to guess what happened. No facts.

I have a couple of theories....
The group of 4 Stacey, Sarah, Brandon & Adrian are all heavily involved with meth and abducted, killed then moved Michael at least once.

Or same people, same meth, saw people out searching, helped search, in their meth induced state discussed him being missing and theories and at some point someone in the group couldn't distinguish reality from fantasy.

edit: Just theories, just MOO and trying to guess what happened. No facts.

I’ve skimmed Sarah’s religious postings and I don’t regard them as delusional or necessarily indicative of mental unwell. But I wonder if her religious devotion caused a moral distress that “reacted” with substance use and made her feel morally responsible - even if she had nothing to do with it. I’ve seen cases on the civil side where, for example, someone had an affair and was in such distress over his transgression that he felt morally responsible for wrongs he didn’t commit.

I wonder if Sarah’s thinking is “I committed sin X and that’s just as bad as murder <insert meth> so my sin makes me morally culpable for a missing child.”

(Obviously this doesn’t explain why LE states they found evidence that a body was buried and removed).

I’ve skimmed Sarah’s religious postings and I don’t regard them as delusional or necessarily indicative of mental unwell. But I wonder if her religious devotion caused a moral distress that “reacted” with substance use and made her feel morally responsible - even if she had nothing to do with it. I’ve seen cases on the civil side where, for example, someone had an affair and was in such distress over his transgression that he felt morally responsible for wrongs he didn’t commit.

I wonder if Sarah’s thinking is “I committed sin X and that’s just as bad as murder <insert meth> so my sin makes me morally culpable for a missing child.”

(Obviously this doesn’t explain why LE states they found evidence that a body was buried and removed).

I fully agree with your points and the only aspect it strikes me is religious based delusion is when Sarah W allegedly stated god told her things relating to this crime. In its own right that could be a symptom of a severe mental health problem and not even involving drug use. Were that to be the case then all of what she said is not necessarily true or based in reality. Bearing in mind she is now unable to be questioned in court following her psych evaluation then there clearly are serious issues at play.

It seems quite remarkable that if members of or visitors to this household were involved, firstly that they weren't noticed at the time and secondly, went undetected for so very long afterwards and thirdly, there is as yet no formal movement by LE. I'm so curious to see how this is going to unfold.

JMO MOO

But she is currently undergoing treatment, so it would seem she is mentally unwell but I don't know how/if that relates to her religious posts.

Online court records show Lee on Monday also issued a commitment order, pursuant to the Idaho law about determination of fitness to proceed in a criminal case. Wondra is being transferred to custody of the Idaho Department of Health and Welfare for treatment. The commitment order indicates she was found unfit to assist in her own defense. Therefore, proceedings against Wondra are on hold.

Or same people, same meth, saw people out searching, helped search, in their meth induced state discussed him being missing and theories and at some point someone in the group couldn't distinguish reality from fantasy
This is along the lines I've been starting to think myself. Perhaps not so specifically, but generally speaking if Sarah has been found "mentally unfit to proceed" then I'd like to know why they consider statements to have been actionable?

Everybody wants answers on this adorable little "Monkey" and it would be understandable if investigators were overly eager. I just wish they would tell us if there was corroberating physical evidence or not, beyond just barking cadaver dogs.

One idea/purely a theory I have is that one or two people were involved in the abduction/ burial/moving the victim and the other 2 or 3 don't know anything about when nor where he was moved. They just know at some point he was.

And the one(s) who knows isn't saying. And the others are afraid of the one(s) who actually knows.

(Just a possibility. Without evidence I don't want to even call it a speculation.)

I saw some very delusional TikTok posted by Sarah. I posted one of them here upthread somewhere.

She warned her viewers about Panda Express fortune cookies. She held one up and said 'these look innocent, dont they?'

But she warned people that opening up and reading that fortune was dangerous because " Satan himself' picks the specific fortune for each person---designed to lure them to the dark side. "

She was being serious. She actually believed that the fortunes in Panda Express fortune cookies are written by Satan and done so with each customer in mind. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
I saw some very delusional TikTok posted by Sarah. I posted one of them here upthread somewhere.

She warned her viewers about Panda Express fortune cookies. She held one up and said 'these look innocent, dont they?'

But she warned people that opening up and reading that fortune was dangerous because " Satan himself' picks the specific fortune for each person---designed to lure them to the dark side. "

She was being serious. She actually believed that the fortunes in Panda Express fortune cookies are written by Satan and done so with each customer in mind. :rolleyes:

Oh.

I don’t use Tik Tok. That sounds sorta kinda similar to Catholics & Ouija Boards but with fast food. I imagine that kind of thinking plus substance use can make for some rather interesting experiences.

That sounds suspiciously similar to a recent episode of Rick and Morty, except substitute an alien for satan.

I do agree with you that I find a lot of them pretty delusional as well. But, with that said, I guess it will be relative to what you are used to. I am from Canada, and when I have traveled to the Southern USA, I get culture shock from the religious thinking/talking/living down there. So, from that I am gathering, those deep Christian views, ideas, and beliefs will be more likely to feel way out there to me.

JMO MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member