ID ID - Pocatello Abductions, 1978-1983

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
What we seem to have here is three crimes involving the murder of young girls. (Plus the unidentified girl who's death is probably connected to the Anderson/Campbell case).

Law enforcement is claiming all three cases are "solved". No one has been arrested, no information has been released as to what evidence exists, and the identities of the suspects has not been disclosed. Still, the families of the victims can be satisfied, residents of the town's involved can feel safe again, and the rest of us can be assured that justice has been done; all because some Law Enforcement people KNOW who committed each of the crimes.

I don't think so.

These cases are old. Witnesses have forgotten a lot and some are dead. Evidence has been lost. Some cases are just not prosecutable. That doesn't mean information can't be released.

Sometime, the name of the suspect is released along with all known evidence. The Lewiston murders are an example of this method. Other times the suspect is not named but enough information is released so that those close to the case have a pretty good idea who it is even if the general public does not. Some times the evidence is made public without any information as to suspects.

What is important is that there is no Statute of Limitations for murder and whenever an old case is given media attention, there is an increased chance that somebody who knows something will come forwards. People who wouldn't talk before might be willing now. Friends become enemies, wives or girlfriends become angry ex's, town bullies become sick old men. Unlike murder, most "accessory to murder" charges would be beyond the Statutes and not prosecutable. This is a real chance to get folks with information to talk.

Things are a lot different now. Local police have a lot more resources and support for dealing with complex or multiple jurisdiction crimes. There is no reason to cover up or brush aside mistakes and failures from the past.

The Lewiston Civic Theater case has been reopened by the prosecuting attorney of Nez Perce County, Idaho. I am sure that tips have come in regarding the cases. With the advances DNA technology that could also help these cases and other cold cases.

The families have never given up hope there will be justice.
I think that the rawlins cases, the Pocatellan murders, and Lynette Culvert are linked. If the skull does I’m fact belong to Carlene brown it will prove a link between all of these cases. I’m going to put all of the MP cases down below. There may also be a link to royal russel long.

Carlene Brown – The Charley Project

Deborah Rae Meyer – The Charley Project

Lynette Dawn Culver – The Charley Project

Charlotte June Kinsey – The Charley Project

Cinda Leann Pallett – The Charley Project

I noticed that almost all of the victims had brown hair. Charlotte Kinsey May have had blonde hair but all of them were the same age.

Hi, new to this thread. Just wanted to cross reference to the
ID - Oneida Co, UnkSex&Race UP13607, 12-16, skull in Two Mile Canyon, Oct'86 thread.

WS user Nate_Bro (sorry, I don't know how to tag usernames yet on WS!) posted there that NamUs has 1 exclusion:

MP2065 Diane Schulte 03/25/1977 Canyon ID

Also, I posted on that thread that Mysteries1974 had submitted Carlene Brown as a possible match to Doe Network. Thnx

Hi, new to this thread. Just wanted to cross reference to the
ID - Oneida Co, UnkSex&Race UP13607, 12-16, skull in Two Mile Canyon, Oct'86 thread.

WS user Nate_Bro (sorry, I don't know how to tag usernames yet on WS!) posted there that NamUs has 1 exclusion:

MP2065 Diane Schulte 03/25/1977 Canyon ID

Also, I posted on that thread that Mysteries1974 had submitted Carlene Brown as a possible match to Doe Network. Thnx
For some reason I have not gotten any word of the comparison and NamUs never responded about it

For some reason I have not gotten any word of the comparison and NamUs never responded about it

Hi Mysteries1974, I'm sorry to hear that. After reading this entire thread, I thought that Carlene Brown was a good possible match. I was also surprised, based on your post, that Doe Network said she'd never been compared before. I hope that NamUs/Doe Network provides an update soon.

Hi Mysteries1974, I'm sorry to hear that. After reading this entire thread, I thought that Carlene Brown was a good possible match. I was also surprised, based on your post, that Doe Network said she'd never been compared before. I hope that NamUs/Doe Network provides an update soon.
They both have dental records so a comparison is definitely possible

Excuse me for barging in like a confused moron, but what happened to the (former?) Jane Doe found in 1981? She's mentioned in the first posts in this thread, but then no more. I can't find anything, either. Is she and Oneida Jane Doe from 1986 two separate persons or the same, just found at different occasions?

Her WS thread:
Identified! - ID - Oneida Co., WhtFem Skeletal UP10512, 15-20, Oct'81 - Name not found

Same age group, location, both found in October, and both Does were initially believed to be black and then changed to white/uncertain. I would guess the 1981 Jane Doe was an accidental duplicate entry for 1986 Jane Doe. (Or maybe parts of the remains were found at different times and the entries were later merged?)

I think that the rawlins cases, the Pocatellan murders, and Lynette Culvert are linked. If the skull does I’m fact belong to Carlene brown it will prove a link between all of these cases. I’m going to put all of the MP cases down below. There may also be a link to royal russel long.

I agree. With what little we know about these cases, he certainly seems to be the most likely culprit. I've long suspected he killed many more girls than have been associated with him.

Does anyone know if anything has been done even remotely recently.
I am speaking about the murders in Pocatello in 1978-1983 more specifically Linda Smith I have read these and seems like she is still very forgotten. She was 14 taken from her home her younger brother witnessed it and was ignored and it was never investigated. She was being followed before this occurrence but that was ignored as well. She was poor and on welfare and not popular so even now I think we have forgotten. She was sweet and nice to me. She was friend of my sister and told her about being followed my sister told the police I know I was there. I feel I have failed her and I am sorry for that. knowing about being followed is not anything I have seen in these blogs so that is a bit more info. Last I heard her brother lived in Utah. Not sure bt her other family

I only walked through the underpass walkway once. It smelled like pee.

Although I generally thought Pocatello was the most boring place in the world to grow up lol. Who knew folks in Montana thought it was rough!

Eta: Pocatello has a serious creepy vibe IMO. I've often likened it to Stephen King's Derry. Soul sucking.

Sent from my LG-D321 using Tapatalk
Flourish, I feel like you and I would have so much in common, including growing up non-Mormon in Pocatello, or actually in my case, the descendant of one of the first Mormon families to settle in the Utah Territory but also the child of an ex-Mormon who moved to Poky to get away from small-small town life in Utah and who wanted to raise me as non-Mormon...but that's a story for another time.

I also grew up in Poky (from age 8 to 15, from 1978 to 1985) and thought it was boring except for the moments of sheer terror inspired by the babysitter killings.

I was never sure just how much danger I was in or how scared to be. We lived far from the Alameda side of town and I went to Franklin at the time that Cindy Bringhurst was killed. But I was also a petite, fourteen-year old girl with brown hair in that bi-level haircut that the killer seemed to have a thing for and I often babysat for our neighbors.

I remember my mom making me walk across the street with my babysittees and making their mother pick them up from our house after dark because she didn't want me at their house alone at night.

I remember talking about this case and the earlier cases with my mom and with our other neighbor who was an officer with the Pocatello PD at the time. He didn't give us any details that weren't public but I do remember that his pet theory was that the perp was the same for all the cases and that it would be logical that he might be an employee at Alameda Jr. High.

Flourish, thanks so much for your input. Have you visited the lewiston civic cases thread? If not, please do! you might know something there. Also, do you have any idea of the ID of the guy that is the main suspect in Linda's case?

Hi! I don't believe the suspect in the Lewis-Clark Valley murders committed the southern Idaho crimes. However, I do suspect him for a series of disappearances in the Spokane-C'dA area from the late 70's through the 80's, perhaps into the 90's.
I do believe there was a serial killer travelling on the Pocatello-Idaho Falls corridor in the late 70's thru 80's just not the same guy.
By the way, I am from Lewiston, Idaho and was living there during all the disappearances.
Also, the suspect in the LCV now lives in Mathews, NC.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JayneDrop
Back