ID - Robert Manwill, 8, Boise, 24 July 2009 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh dear God, please let Robert be found. Bloody damm, a U-Haul taking stuff out of the apartment - this is not good. This little guy didn't have much of a chance -my heart is breaking and the pit of my stomach feels awful.

I can't get any news other than CNN - thanks to Recovering Lurker for keeping us up to date. This does not look good for Robert - such a sweet innocent little guy - praying I am wrong and he is found okay.

Missing Idaho Boy's Disappearance 'Suspicious,' Police Say
Friday, July 31, 2009
<snipped>
Police investigating the disappearance of an Idaho boy missing for a week said Friday they are afraid the child may have been the victim of a tragedy.

Boise authorities told reporters that there are "suspicious circumstances" surrounding 8-year-old Robert Manwill's disappearance.

"Robert may be injured or be the victim of a tragic event," said Boise Police Chief Jim Kerns at a brief Friday press conference. "But he is still missing."

Earlier this week, news emerged that Robert's mother is on probation for fracturing the skull of the missing boy's infant half brother, who was removed from her custody by the state.

Boise police have previously said there is no evidence of foul play in the disappearance of Robert, and that the family is cooperating fully.

The missing boy's father, Charles Manwill, has had custody of him since 2008. Jenkins has visitation rights, and the boy was visiting her the night he disappeared.

Court records show a history of family tragedies involving children.

Article:
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,535914,00.html
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Police still searching for 8-year-old Robert Manwell, missing for a week
July 31, 2:34 PM
<snipped>
Jim Kerns, Boise Police Deputy Chief of Operations, said &#8220;We are very concerned for Robert&#8217;s safety." But also said, "We hope to convey a message of hope&#8230; we have no reason to believe Robert is not safe.&#8221;

About 50 leads have come in, but none have led to any substantial information. Police said they have interviewed over 100 sex offenders within a two-mile radius of Robert&#8217;s home.

Article:
http://www.examiner.com/x-1168-Crim...or-8yearold-Robert-Manwell-missing-for-a-week
Disturbing information released regarding the family of Robert Manwill
July 31, 2:56 PM
<snipped>
Court documents reveal that missing 8-year-old Robert Manwill&#8217;s family has suffered tragdy and trouble with the law several times over the years.

Robert&#8217;s mother, Melissa Scott Jenkins pleaded guilty to a misdemeanor charge of injury to a child in March after she fractured her infant son&#8217;s skull in Oct. 2008.

Jenkins&#8217; boyfriend and the father of her infant son, Daniel Edward Ehrlick, served time in prison and faced charges of burglary, possession of drug paraphernalia, and is not allowed to be alone with Robert&#8217;s half sister.

Robert&#8217;s father, Charles Manwill, has had custody of Robert since Jan. 2008. Records indicate that Jenkins could not care for him, but has had visitation rights. Robert was at his mother&#8217;s Boise Bench apartment the night he disappeared.

In 1993, Charles Manwill suffered a tragedy when his then wife, Silke Fatma Manwill stabbed their 4-year-old son, Michael, in the chest. She was charged with first-degree murder, but the charges were reduced to voluntary manslaughter. She was released from prison in 2002 after serving 10 years for the crime.

Article:
http://www.examiner.com/x-1168-Crim...leased-regarding-the-family-of-Robert-Manwill
Police say Robert Manwill&#8217;s disappearance &#8216;suspicious&#8217;
July 31, 3:12 PM
<snipped>
On Friday, Boise Police Deputy Police Chief Jim Kerns announced that missing Robert Manwill, 8, may be injured and that his disappearnce is based on "suspicious circumstances."

&#8220;Overnight, we located evidence that may bring us closer to finding out what happened to Robert,&#8221; Kerns said. &#8220;The evidence we&#8217;ve uncovered shows there are suspicious circumstances regarding Robert&#8217;s disappearance. He may be the victim of a tragic event.&#8221;

On Thursday evening, investigators searched the apartment complex from which Robert disappeared, including Melissa Jenkin&#8217;s [Robert's mother] apartment. They seized items from the apartment and also towed Jenkins' red SUV.

Article:
http://www.examiner.com/x-1168-Crim...-say-Robert-Manwills-disappearance-suspicious
Boise Police Department News Release
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
July 31, 2009
<snipped>
Latest News Conference on Missing Boy (Video) - Media Information

Watch the latest News Conference in the Robert Manwill missing child investigation, and to find media contact info.

Watch the latest News Conference 07/31/09:
http://www.cityofboise.org/Departments/Police/Multimedia/DepartmentVideos/LatestManwillPresserV5.wmv

Article:
http://www.cityofboise.org/Departments/Police/NewsReleases/2009/page45044.aspx
UPDATED: Missing Boise boy 'may be the victim of a tragic event'
Story Created: Jul 31, 2009 at 11:47 AM MDT
Story Updated: Jul 31, 2009 at 1:50 PM MDT
<snipped>
Authorities say they now believe Robert Manwill's disappearance is based on "suspicious circumstances."
Jim Kerns, Boise Police deputy police chief, said Friday Robert is still missing but he may be injured.

"Overnight, we located evidence that may bring us closer to finding out what happened to Robert," Kerns said at a Friday news conference. "The evidence we've uncovered shows there are suspicious circumstances regarding Robert's disappearance."

"He may be the victim of a tragic event."

Friday's massive volunteer search for the boy will continue.

Just after 8 p.m. on Thursday, detectives started searching the complex including the apartment belonging to Robert&#8217;s mom, Melissa Jenkins.
It's now been a week since 8-year-old Robert has gone missing. On Friday, authorities and up to 1,000 volunteers are searching for the missing boy.

Police would not say what they were searching for, what they removed, or why the search is happening now. However, it has been confirmed that K9 units were brought in to help with the investigation.

VIDEO: Missing Boise boy 'may be the victim of a tragic event'
http://www.2news.tv/news/local/52202712.html?video=YHI&t=a

Article:
http://www.2news.tv/news/local/52202712.html
Crowds Turn Out For Manwill Boy Search
Posted: July 31, 2009 03:36 PM EDT
Updated: July 31, 2009 03:52 PM EDT
<snipped>
Hundreds of volunteers showed up throughout the Boise area Friday to help search for Robert Manwill, 8, who has been missing for a week.

The search effort was the latest attempt to find the little boy, and came after an overnight raid of Manwill's mother's Boise Bench apartment. Several bags were removed from the site and a vehicle towed from the apartment complex.

At South Junior High School, one of three locations throughout Boise where volunteers gathered, as many as seven hundred searchers donned orange vests and clutched water bottles, ready for a long day in the sun.

"We're moms and if our kid went missing," volunteer Tina Hansford explained, "We'd want people to come out and help us."

Boise Mayor Dave Bieter offered words of thanks and encouragement to the volunteers at So. Jr. High School as police teamed up with groups and instructed them to look near "roadways, parks or canals."

Article:
http://www.kivitv.com/Global/story.asp?S=10827616

:angel:

Unfortunately, I will be leaving to go camping in the boonies in a few hours, so I won't be able to get or give updates. I hope and pray Robert will be found soon. :praying:

Unfortunately, I will be leaving to go camping in the boonies in a few hours, so I won't be able to get or give updates. I hope and pray Robert will be found soon. :praying:

Recovering-Lurker: Thanks so much for your live updates and the time you have put into this case. You deserve some peace and tranquility - enjoy the beauty of camping in the 'boonies'. :blowkiss:

So, I wonder if the mom really was at work or what time she got off. I think I know where she works, but I'm too chicken to call.

UPDATED: Police: Evidence Manwill was injured
12:03 PM Fri, Jul 31, 2009
<snipped>
Editor's note: We have been experiencing technical difficulties today. To bring you the story, we are presenting this stripped down version of KTVB.COM
Police say they have uncovered evidence that shows Robert Manwill, 8 may have been injured.

After an overnight search of his mother's Boise Bench apartment, police spoke to the media at noon Friday.

"Overnight, investigators from the Boise Police Department that may bring us closer to finding out what happend to Robert," Boise Police Deputy Chief Jim Kerns said. "Robert may be injured, but Robert is still missing. It is very important that we find where he is - or where he is not."

Just after 8 p.m., officers arrived at Jenkins' home. They removed a variety of materials, including cabinets and boxes. Canine dogs were also seen at the complex.

"He may be injured or the victim of a tragic event," Kerns said.

A car was also towed from the scene just after 12:30 p.m.

Investigators took down the police tape surrounding the apartment at about 4 a.m., but moments after the news conference was called, put the tape back up.

We are also getting word this afternoon that Ada County Sheriff's deputies have staked out an area at the Ada County Landfill. Police tape has marked off about a 40-square yard area. A crime scene lab was at the scene. Spokeswoman Andrea Dearden says the deputies are assisting in this investigation. At this point, they are just watching the area, no officers have been seen combing through any garbage.

A National Guard spokesperson told NewsChannel 7 that guardsmen are looking at the desert south of town for any unusual tire tracks or other things that may be out of place.

Searchers have been instructed to pay attention to smells and be on the alert for an injured boy or worse.

VIDEO: Jim Kerns Boise PD~Manwill news conference 07/31/09 3:07
YouTube - Jim Kerns Boise PD

Article:
http://blogs.ktvb.com/breaking/2009/07/police-evidence-manwill-was-in.html
The search for Robert: The boy's 'shy smile' is keeping investigators going
Published: 07/31/09
<snipped>
1:14 p.m. Here's what came from the press conference &#8212; the latest news still &#8212; as recapped by Statesman police reporter Patrick Orr:

Boise police say they have discovered undisclosed evidence that shows &#8220;suspicious circumstances&#8221; in the disappearance of 8-year-old Robert Manwill and that he &#8220;may indeed be injured &#8212; or the victim of a tragic event.&#8221;

But Boise police have not identified a suspect or person of interest in the case, and officials say they still need the hundreds of citizen volunteers scouring the Vista neighborhood to look for Robert.

Manwill&#8217;s family members, including his father, Charles Manwill and his aunt, Trish Burrill, attended Friday&#8217;s press conference. Some wiped tears away from their eyes as Kerns spoke.

Burrill once again thanked the public for all their support and help in trying to find Robert.

&#8220;As a family, and as a whole, we want everyone not to give up hope,&#8221; Burrill said. &#8220;Please help us to bring Robert home.&#8221;

1:04 p.m. Boise Police Officer Kip Wills, ordinarily a traffic officer who works with search and rescue as well, is leading a group of volunteers searching an area bounded by Iowa, Linden, Broadway and Gekeler.

The area includes Ivywild Park, which has one of the nicest public swimming pools in town, so there's a reasonable chance you could find a child here, Wills said. It's a distance from Oak Village Apartments, but it's conceivable a kid could make his way here.

12:15 p.m. So far, 185 people have been checked in at Garfield Elementary for the noon search &#8212; the second round of volunteer units being sent to the streets.

Though Boise police say "suspicious circumstances" surround Robert Manwill's disappearance and he may be injured or "the victim of a tragic event," they are still sending out searchers, saying he could be alive and any evidence pointing to where he is could save his life.

But they are also asking people to look for anything out of the ordinary, and said the efforts are now a crime investigation.

12:10 p.m. While much of Robert Manwill's family, including his father, Chuck Manwill, and his aunt, Trish Burrill, attended the press conference, his mother and her boyfriend were not there.

Police searched their apartment Thursday night and began to cordon it off again mid-morning Friday.

12:01 p.m. Deputy Chief Jim Kerns said police found evidence last night that "suspicious circumstances" surround Robert Manwill's disappearance.

Map of the search grid distributed to volunteers:
http://media.idahostatesman.com/smedia/2009/07/31/11/page4.source.prod_affiliate.36.pdf

Canvas instructions distributed to volunteers searching for Robert Manwill:
http://media.idahostatesman.com/smedia/2009/07/31/11/page1.source.prod_affiliate.36.pdf

Video: Friday's press conference where police say they have evidence that "suspicious circumstances" exist in Robert Manwill's disappearance
http://videos.idahostatesman.com/vmix_hosted_apps/p/media?id=5375879&item_index=1&all=1&sort=NULL

&#8226;Photo Gallery: Search for 8-year-old Robert Manwill [01:21 p.m.]
http://www.idahostatesman.com/397/gallery/848267.html

Article:
http://www.idahostatesman.com/eyepiece/story/851769.html

Where is South Jr High? I was on MySpace and it caught my interest...

I have been trying to not get to involved in this case because I took what happened to little Nevaeh so bad, but I could not help to be concerned when I heard of Robert. I worried that something happened to little Robert at the hands of his mother and or her boyfriend and I hoped this did not turn out to be true. Why would the courts allow her boyfriend to be around Robert if he was not allowed around his little sister? Why was his mother allowed unsupervised overnight visits after she was found guilty of abuse of his sibling? Why do courts continue to allow people like this around children??? My heart is breaking for little Robert and his poor Daddy.

Do we have an address to Roberts mom apt? TIA...

Breaking news from local station TV KTBV that crime scene tape has been put up around an area at local landfill. This is located north of town.
Savannahanna

I think I am going to be sick...the Landfill..WTH...:(

I do not link well at all but if anyone wants to look up on google earth or mapquest landfill address is: 10300 Seamans Gulch Rd. Boise, ID, and yes that is the apartment complex- it is listed as Oak Park Village Apt. This is so heartbreaking for this family-please keep them in yours prayers.
Savannahanna

Landfill is aprox. 14.8 mi ,29 mins away from the apartments Looks like NW direction. I do not know how to link my map..

nursebeeme LE towed the family truck in last nights search. A poster from a local news media comment stated that a LE guy said out loud (they live at the apts. who said this) that he yelled "I got a positive"! Shortly after they towed the truck I posted the article a page or two back with a video of it.

FYI: To All: I'll update the last post of the media links right now....since some have been updated just now. (Any new ones I'll add to a new post since it looks the the pg of this thread is ready to go to pg 16. :wink:

It also shows that address for the landfill to be in Garden City, ID. It is def. a landfill.

Do we have an address to Roberts mom apt? TIA...

I know the apt. complex was listed as the 2800 block of Cherry St. in the media, IIRC I saw her address online in my "sleuthing" as 2862 Cherry, so that's probably it.

I'll go check after I get caught up to try and find it again to confirm for you :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ouisie