ID - Robert Manwill, 8, Boise, 24 July 2009 - #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
You're right, but I'm not putting too much into the dirty SUV since like you said, it could've come from the backyard. Or it's just been a while since it was washed. ;) What he started to say though really struck me, especially since little Robert's body (we assume) wasn't found until yesterday. :waitasec:
I agree... look at the state of the house and yard... do we really think this guy does the whole turtle wax thing?

I'll keep asking because this is driving me nuts, sorry....what led the dogs to the suburban?? I want more info about Mr. Murd/Case. I just hope that Robert didn't suffer. But I have a feeling his summer was less than fun with evil bf. I wonder how often Dad called and talked to him while he was gone?????

I noticed that too and was thinking about the Suburban's dirt ~ just maybe it was there. After all the dogs scented on it. Has it been processed for forensics on the undercarriage & tires?
burning question of the day... ((for me anyhow))... did Robert ever ride in that SUV before?

I noticed that too and was thinking about the Suburban's dirt ~ just maybe it was there. After all the dogs scented on it. Has it been processed for forensics on the undercarriage & tires?

Probably was well gone over by the crime lab before it was returned. And, since the dogs hit on it - it worries me. Makes me think that Robert was in that vehicle at some point in time.

The forensics always tell the tale.

JMO

I'm begining to wonder if Mom really knows what happened, now the BF on the other hand I think he knows damn well what happened to Robert.JMO

I have been wondering the same thing. Since Robert was seen by others that evening, we know what ever took place happened that night. I think if the Mom was involved or even covering for the BF I don't think she would of reported him missing that night, I think she would of spent that night getting that apartment cleaned and getting their stories straight, and reported him missing the next day. There is also a possiblity that someone else did this to Robert, but I too am looking at the BF. That child should of never been allowed to spend the night in that home.. let alone the summer! CPS failed Robert badly and that makes me so mad:mad:

I'll keep asking because this is driving me nuts, sorry....what led the dogs to the suburban?? I want more info about Mr. Murd/Case. I just hope that Robert didn't suffer. But I have a feeling his summer was less than fun with evil bf. I wonder how often Dad called and talked to him while he was gone?????

BBM

That is really what I want to know as well, SailorMoon. Something did.

I would put a lot into that dirty SUV. The dirt along the canal is going to be filled with completely different soil samples. It should include things like cow manure and other things which are exclusive to that particular area. The plant life would be different as well and the vegetation plus the spores can be found on the vehicle. The tires should hold even more information as to where the vehicle has been driven. My guess is the perp wasn't smart enough to consider cleaning the SUV in order to get rid of such evidence. ;)
I've changed my mind about the SUV since seeing the dirt roads near where his body was found. And yes, that's exactly why I asked if the undercarriage & tires had been processed. :)

Moon,
From one of the earlier pressers (iirc) they said that "LEADS" led them to search the house of Mr. Willis and they could not reveal anything as to the nature of those leads. Once they were on site persuing their lead with SW in hand and dogs by their sides (as they had been using them in the investigation) the hit just solidified that Robert had been in or around the SUV. I wonder which type of search dog hit.. I have not read that cadaver dogs have been used.. just air dogs and blood hounds..

Question I already posted is... had Robert ever been in that car previously?

Probably was well gone over by the crime lab before it was returned. And, since the dogs hit on it - it worries me. Makes me think that Robert was in that vehicle at some point in time.

The forensics always tell the tale.

JMO
I would think CSI processed it for any traces of Robert, but did they completely do the exterior for soil, etc?

The canal is about a half mile or mile from moms apartment. He would have to walk up a hill to get there.

If you go to google and type in 3205 S Vista Ave, Boise, ID‎ then drag the arrows to the right you will see the canal. Its at the top of the hill. If you follow that down to where there is a 7 11 gas station on the left you can see the apartments

Thank you for that directive. I do see what you are talking about. IMO, Robert did not go there alone and at that time of night.

burning question of the day... ((for me anyhow))... did Robert ever ride in that SUV before?
Very good point! Is there any connection between Wallis & Robert? I'm also curious why somebody would steal his SUV two days before Robert went missing, use it in a crime (presumably) and then "return" it (as opposed to torching it to destroy it)?

Very good point! Is there any connection between Wallis & Robert? I'm also curious why somebody would steal his SUV two days before Robert went missing, use it in a crime (presumably) and then "return" it (as opposed to torching it to destroy it)?

Mr Wallis is good friend of the BF's brother and knows the BF and has met Robert.

Thank you for that directive. I do see what you are talking about. IMO, Robert did not go there alone and at that time of night.
I'm almost positive he wouldn't have either. But it's possible that's what the perp would like everybody to believe. MOO

Mr Wallis is good friend of the BF's brother and knows the BF and has met Robert.
Thanks for helping me out! I'm sorry I haven't had time to read everything on the background. :blowkiss: It's becoming very clear now.

I would think CSI processed it for any traces of Robert, but did they completely do the exterior for soil, etc?

If they didn't, they will now, IMO. My guess is that CSI would be pretty thorough. I think the entire vehicle inside and out would have been processed for prints in case Robert's were left on any part (or any car thief's prints :rolleyes:). I believe that it would have been processed for dirt/sand/vegetation. That part would not have helped them then because a body or a dump site had not been located yet. Sure would help now, tho.

Even if the vehicle has been washed or hosed off, there is always some evidence left, as we all know.

Wallis' story about his car being stolen didn't make much sense. Now that I think bout it....He wasn't concerned about his car on Wed. when it went missing. Monday, when he came back from being out of town he must have heard about missing Robert...and that seems to be when he called the theft in. Almost like he thought it was borrowed until hearing of the missing child. Wonder who has his keys to access the home? mho

Memorial Grows With News Of Robert
Posted: Aug 4, 2009 09:32 PM EDT
Updated: Aug 4, 2009 09:32 PM EDT
<snipped>
A makeshift memorial for Robert Manwill continues to grow as police say the body found in the New York canal is tentatively Robert's. "Everyday something new and its sad that it had to end that way," one neighbor said "It's just very sad to hear that a little boy that who hasn't lived his life it's just a very tragic event," another added.

The memorial is made up mostly of teddy bears, a sign of the 8-year-old after family pleaded to reunite Robert with his teddy bear just days into the search. Several people have also written letters and notes. "It says Robert we have prayed and prayed for you for 10 days," one woman said before breaking down in tears as she read her note. "Oh man, the loss I feel for not knowing and getting to talk to you."

The memorial will stay up for several more days until a candlelight vigil Friday night. After that the people behind the memorial say they'll donate the teddy bears to the Ronald McDonald house in Roberts' name.

10848688_BG1.jpg

VIDEO: Memorial Grows With News Of Robert 1:45
http://www.kivitv.com/global/Catego...&topVideoCatNo=default&clipId=4015684&flvUri=

VIDEO: Body Pulled From Canal Identifed As Robert Manwill 2:10
http://www.kivitv.com/global/Catego...&topVideoCatNo=default&clipId=4015506&flvUri=

Article:
http://www.kivitv.com/Global/story.asp?S=10848688

:angel:

Wallis' story about his car being stolen didn't make much sense. Now that I think bout it....He wasn't concerned about his car on Wed. when it went missing. Monday, when he came back from being out of town he must have heard about missing Robert...and that seems to be when he called the theft in. Almost like he thought it was borrowed until hearing of the missing child. Wonder who has his keys to access the home? mho
yeah! I mean... it is not like the dude has a fleet of cars! We know of his record (threads one or two) so is that why he hesitated to call cops until he realized the connection when he returned home from wherever he was??(ie, my car was stolen, it is back now, I know the people connected to this thing, I could be fingered, I have been to jail before and don't want to go back, I need to call police now cause I didn't do it! vs.. I was involved and now they figured me out so I need to report the alleged theft after the fact/or some sort of cooked up story of that sort)..

I seriously don't even know WHAT I believe at this point.. as to the involvement of Wallis but I tell ya.. he don't smell like teen spirit to me!

I'll keep asking because this is driving me nuts, sorry....what led the dogs to the suburban?? ...(snipped)...

Wallis stated that when LE responded to his call (not clear if responding to theft call or "Suburban found" call) that he told them about his connection to Robert's family. I had the impression that this may be what prompted LE's interest.

Wallis also stated that he gave them permission to search; however, if they already had a search warrant, I'm not sure just being friends with the family and the disappearing/reappearing Suburban alone would have been enough for them to get the search warrant.

I'm wondering that too. He seemed pretty nonchalant about the missing SUV especially when he said something like "I think I found it" (parapharased) but he did also seem to want to cooperate and have LE to look it over. :waitasec: Just to clarify, I don't think he's involved, but may know who could be. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dmccastor