ID - Robert Manwill, 8, Boise, 24 July 2009 - #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
You bring up some serious concerns that I have had, and the "premeditated" thing being one serious consideration.

Thanks for the info that the vehicle was parked up the road from his home as well, something I had not grabbed up.

Anything that you can come up with positive proof of that vehicle being actually "stolen" would be welcome.

Thanks MR, you have really addressed some major questions I have had relative to this

I want to look into this a bit more. I have been trying to hunt info on this and (sigh) still looking.
I'll have to get back at it in the morning my 3 kiddo's will be up early and I'm not much of a morning person...lol
Goodnight everyone see you tommorrow..:crazy:

I could have sworn that I just saw a post here stating that Robert's funeral was going to be aired live? I can't find that post now. Anyone know if this is true?

I work in the funeral business and I promise you I have never seen nor written an obituary like that. What does this tell us anything?

the part that got me was this sentence:

"We know he will be taken care of in the next life because he will be with ones that will watch over and love him the way he deserves"

as if to say they know he didn't get what he deserved here. poor guy...

One more note before I go. The search they did on Wallis's yard makes me wonder if they found something missing from the yard besides the suburban. I did read here that it is possible Robert was weighted down with something ( not sure if it is true) but being Wallis's yard had a lot of "junk" in it it would be a consideration for the search as well, which in return if this is the case it would tie it back in to the person knew Wallis.

Ok I found it. Robert's funeral will be aired live on KTVB.com at 2pm Sunday.

I also thought it was strange to put that in there about him having a temper. What child doesn't have a temper, or what person for that matter? They can't possibly be throwing that our there as a way to explain why someone he knew (an adult, by the way) might have come down on him so hard that they KILLED him, can they???

Depends on who created the website.....if it was mom, b/f or his family, that would be extremely inappropriate and would look like they were trying to set up some kind of "defense"? They would have to be kidding......

If it was an innocent do-gooder who set up this site and took information about Robert's life both sides, and that's what mom said, see above.:shutup:

I could have sworn that I just saw a post here stating that Robert's funeral was going to be aired live? I can't find that post now. Anyone know if this is true?

Robert Manwill's funeral is open to the public. It will be held at Cloverdale Funeral Home at 2 p.m. You can watch that service live on KTVB.COM.

I'm sure if you google KTVB.COM you will find the feed

Can anyone tell me what time it is now there in Boise? It's 12:35am here in Boulder County Colorado.

I do not want to be late for the funeral. I think Boise is in the same time zone as I am.

TIA!

I just wonder, if it was Ehrilck that killed Robert and she (MJ) knows anything about it and has ratted him out, what would happen if she ratted him out for fracturing the baby's skull last year too? (If, as some as speculated, it was him that caused the injury and not her). I mean why not tell all, if she's turned on him? And could they charge him for that or not - I know you can't try a person twice for the same crime but can you try a different person for the same crime? Just kind of wondering/thinking out loud...

Just the thought of these two abusers (with 3 or 4 children between them), alternately hurting their innocent children (and most likely each other), then being remorseful, promising they won't do it again, and getting comfort from each other is so disturbing. It's a continuing pattern that doesn't stop when the abusers stay together. You know if MJ hurt that baby, it wasn't the first time she slapped or threw her children around, she just got caught because she HAD to seek help since the baby's injuries were so severe. She needed to be investigated thoroughly (psychiatric), and not be given unsupervised visitation for a long, long time. In the baby's case, it didn't have anyone on the Dad's side who could step in, (DE Sr., didn't mention offering to help with full time care).I don't know what is going on with her family, but foster care would have to be better.

I normally attend the races every Saturday so being there tonight was planned anyways. I had family that was invited by Roberts family so I had a chance to meet MJ. Before the races started the Uncles car was drove out front and the entire family and invited friends came out to stand next to the car. All the drivers and staff came out on the center field from from the pit area. A letter was read from the family and a prayer was said. All the cars and staff had green ribbons in Roberts honor. Im not exactly how its going to go, but something was mentioned about every trophy for a certain class race or certain race or something will forever have Roberts name on the trophy. The uncle had a roof sized photo of Robert on the roof of his car and will race the rest of the season with it there.

Because my niece was there and wanted to come home with me tonight I will be taking her to the funeral tomorrow. It looks like I will be attending after all.

Thanks for sharing this with us, Idaho-native.

My heart goes out to your niece. It must be pretty hard for Robert's little friends to deal with. Something they absolutely should not have had to deal with. I just can't even imagine. :(

Many of us will be right there with you, in spirit, tomorrow. :rose:

The second obit seems to have been written by the paper IMO. No mention of survivors and the quotes are from previous articles.

http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/idahostatesman/obituary.aspx?n=robert-grant-manwill&pid=131021531

What strikes me as odd is this obit describes him as ALWAYS wanting to give affection and receive it in return. The stmnt SR made about him always being in trouble and having to "sit on his hands", makes me more sad. This lil boy was so full of love and starving for love and affection at the same time. I also saw that bio dad has 3-4 kids with new wife, so he probably didnt receive as much as he deserved. Granted, Im sure it was a safer and less-violent home,he still had a lot of siblings.

JMHO :confused:

What strikes me as odd is this obit describes him as ALWAYS wanting to give affection and receive it in return. The stmnt SR made about him always being in trouble and having to "sit on his hands", makes me more sad. This lil boy was so full of love and starving for love and affection at the same time. I also saw that bio dad has 3-4 kids with new wife, so he probably didnt receive as much as he deserved. Granted, Im sure it was a safer and less-violent home,he still had a lot of siblings.

JMHO :confused:

I think right now most of us have that awful feeling a person get's in their gut from time to time. It's just killing us to think that this precious, sweet, cute little angel Robert had so much love to give all of them, and just maybe, no one was really giving the love back to Robert that he needed. We are just so sick about it all.

Precious Precious Robert :rose::rose::rose::rose::rose::rose::rose::rose:

The case of 8-year-old Robert Manwill has raised two persistent questions:

® Why did his mother get 30 days in jail, a suspended fine and probation for fracturing the skull of Robert's infant half brother?

® Why was the baby allowed to return to his mother, who was still on probation for harming him?

Robert was found dead on Monday after being missing for more than a week. Boise police say they are investigating his death as a homicide. Robert spent most of his time living with his father in New Plymouth but was visiting his mother in Boise at the time of his disappearance on July 24.

WHY DID MELISSA JENKINS GET THE SENTENCE SHE DID?

(snipped)

http://www.idahostatesman.com/newsupdates/story/860183.html

Today is little Robert's funeral. I will be thinking of him. Another angel now.

The case of 8-year-old Robert Manwill has raised two persistent questions:

® Why did his mother get 30 days in jail, a suspended fine and probation for fracturing the skull of Robert's infant half brother?

® Why was the baby allowed to return to his mother, who was still on probation for harming him?

Robert was found dead on Monday after being missing for more than a week. Boise police say they are investigating his death as a homicide. Robert spent most of his time living with his father in New Plymouth but was visiting his mother in Boise at the time of his disappearance on July 24.

WHY DID MELISSA JENKINS GET THE SENTENCE SHE DID?

(snipped)

http://www.idahostatesman.com/newsupdates/story/860183.html

She got the sentence she did because our system sucks. Everyone claims to do what is best for the child, but at the end of the day we have an overcrowded jail system but do not have the money to run them. So we pick and choose which crimes really matter and child abuse clearly is not one of them. There was a thread last week about a guy who was found guilty of killing his girlfriends toddler, took 20 months to get to trial, guilty, time served, get on out of here.

Drug charges? Big dollar fraud? We have all the room in the world to incarcerate you. So she gets a slap on the wrist, and then her and "Danny's" parental rights trump the rights of her kids to not have their heads slammed against a counter cause mom is frustrated. Guess that parenting class they sent them to needs a bit of tweaking if it is what we are going to rely on to keep the kids safe.

Wow, I am starting this day off in a mood and it is way early here. I should warn the hubby.

wow! overnight, you all have hit on everything i've been thinking!

as far as MJ...obviously, i don't know her AT ALL so what i'm going to say may not be fair. i don't know what she normally looks like when she's sad.
but to me...the look on her face in the pics i've seen doesn't just look like a distraught, crying mom. it looks to me like 'worry'. in the pic i did see of her actually crying i had to wonder was she crying for poor Robert? or was she crying because she knows the whole story and knows what's coming?

Wallis' vehicle...the whole thing just bugs me. IF david 'borrowed' it why would Wallis claim it was stolen? i mean, wouldn't Wallis know david had it? we haven't heard a peep out of any of them what the case is with that...

IF david had it and maybe BF knew he had it...yeah, i could see him calling david 'hey, i've got some trash i'd like to take to dump, wanna come get me or can i use the vehicle?'

OR...it may be as simple as david stopped by BF's with the vehicle, BF still had blood on his hands/clothes and touched vehicle or walked by it with bags with trash in it and brushed the car, not knowing. that's why the dogs hit on it?

OH...and Wallis is the only one we've heard it from that the dogs hit on the vehicle, right? which he says, that's what lead them to search the back yard?

at what point would Robert be put in the canal though? it would have to be after dark, wouldn't it? what time would MJ get home from work (if she was working)?

My question is this if anyone knows. In Idaho does the State Attorney have to go to the Grand Jury for a murder indictment?

KRT, I agree fully on the "burping" thing. Yes, mum really appears to be remorseful when one checks out her composure in photos and video. And, indeed, she may well be extremely remorseful, even if responsible (which I am not specifically stating here). Anger and lack of control often brings about remorse after the fact. Sources have already been posted that share the idea that MJ had control issues.

Not that I'm sticking up for MJ but one night long ago when I was up nursing my son, after he fell back asleep, I was walking him back to his crib and I walked into the doorjam banging his head into the door. By the grace of God I didnt fracture his skull. He cried for a few minutes, I cried for days. So, accidents do happen. Did she turn herself in right away? I forget..How did she know there was something wrong with the baby?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerinska