ID - Robert Manwill, 8, Boise, 24 July 2009 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Idaho I just can't see that the BF would have anytime after the fact the call was put in about Robert to take the body anywhere. The police would be everywhere and for sure watching the home and them. Depending on what happened to Robert BF could have time to clen up and dispose of Robert within the max 2 hr time frame before mom got home. Robert was found 14 miles away from the apartment and only a couple of miles from Wallis's home.
I just don't know how he could get from point A to point B and back to point A with out having help.

There were only two officers searching for Robert the night the call was made. It was stressed heavily on the news that he may not be missing, but in fact just staying at an unknown friends house. If after the two officers looked that night and didnt find him I would think if for some reason they were satisfied that he may not be missing, but in fact at a friends house it would have bought him some time during the night. The two street officers aren't trained detectives so they may have easily believed the original story that Robert was at a birthday party and the bf wasnt sure where. Maybe they said "we will have someone follow up with you in the morning. If for some reason you hear anything call us and let us know".

I apologize if some of these have been posted already. I'm just now catching back up on the thread after being ill yesterday! :blowkiss:
{{{{{{Welcome Back, Angel who Cares!!!!! }}}}}}}}} So sorry to hear you were not feeling well!!!! :(

( I thought Angels never *got sick????? :waitasec:)

Good to see you back and hope your road to recovery is a short one!!!! :blowkiss:

Welcome to WS'S SARdogs! :wave:

I know we have a list of what the colored flags meant in the Caylee Anthony case, now I don't know if this carries over to every case to stay the same. If I can find the thread where it is discussed, or the article where they were listed, I will post them here for everyone! :blowkiss:

Welcome to you & anyone else I may have missed!​
033.gif

:angel:

I have been a lurker on this site for a long time and finally registered while following the Robert Manwill case. I come from a LE/Coroner's Office (death investigator)/Search & Rescue perspective & just have a few remarks.

Welcome to WS! Please stick around. WS has so many cases your expertise is needed.

I have been a lurker on this site for a long time and finally registered while following the Robert Manwill case. I come from a LE/Coroner's Office (death investigator)/Search & Rescue perspective & just have a few remarks.

Someone mentioned the colored flags used by the search team. In my experience the team manager at each event designates what the colors "mean" (if that's necessary) and that is not released to anyone outside the team. Results of the search are then given in report form to LE.

RE: scent in Wallis' yard. It is possible that there was scent drift (depending on the wind, temp., and decomp rate) coming from the canal into the yard from Robert's floating body. Why the canal was not already being searched I have NO CLUE. (Is there no water search team in the area?) I wish I knew more about the dogs used and their training as well.

Mention was made of the remark of a "hit" on one of the vehicles. Depending on what the dog is trained for that could mean fresh (live) scent matching a specific person or "cadaver" scent which could be the scent of blood, body fluids, skin etc. It does not have to be visible to the human eye for the dog to make a hit. (And they are amazingly accurate!)

animatedwelcomebutterflies.gif

Thanks for becoming a member of WS...the knowledge you bring to the table is very much appreciated.
I believe several breeds of scent dogs were used in the search. This link shows "Kiwi" who looks to be a Golden Retriever or possibly a retriever mix in photo #46 http://www.idahostatesman.com/397/gallery/848267-a854922-t3.html
This article specifically says "Bloodhound" http://www.ktvb.com/news/localnews/stories/ktvbn-aug0209-manwill_sunday.9fa6c04a.html

Can you tell me if there is a difference between scent dogs and cadaver dogs? I noticed in the articles that both were mentioned as being used. TIA

I apologize if some of these have been posted already. I'm just now catching back up on the thread after being ill yesterday! :blowkiss:
{{{{{{Welcome Back, Angel who Cares!!!!! }}}}}}}}} So sorry to hear you were not feeling well!!!! :(

( I thought Angels never *got sick????? :waitasec:)

Good to see you back and hope your road to recovery is a short one!!!! :blowkiss:

O/T: LadyBugSTL Thanks....Only angels with fibromyalgia have hard times. :( It's been raining & very humid here, it dosen't agree with angels with FMS/CFS! :eek:

051.gif

P.S. In fact I have to re-boot the humidity is causing my PC to act goofy right now. The fan is so loud it's driving me :crazy:....at least I hope that's all it is. :eek: My PC is only 6 months old.....:crossfingers: that is why it's so loud & re-booting will help it to stop. :winko:

i've been away for a few days and just catching up from oldest to newest and I haven't noticed that anyone has discussed the fact that moms boyfriend wasn't mentioned in the obit......

He was NOT at the races last night with MJ. It is rumored that he is hiding out in the hospital as that is a place nobody can touch him.

LE can place him UNDER ARREST while he is in the hospital. They can not make him leave the hospital without a Dr.'s release. But they can certainly place him under arrest and as soon as the Doc releases, they can take him straight to jail.

I do not believe he has been arrested as of yet. At least we have not heard anything. I'm thinking LE might be waiting until after the funeral out of respect for the family. However if the mom and bf are involved, I wish they would arrest them first - so that they CANNOT attend.

I don't know about anyone else, but if I strongly suspected that they hurt my child and I had to endure their presence while I laid that child to rest, I would lose it - big time. There would be no holding back. I try to act dignified, but no way in he** would I be able to stay composed. :furious::furious: AND I think it is an awful lot to expect from Robert's dad, big brother and step mom.

Salem

PS - I will be out this afternoon and will miss the live streaming. I would greatly appreciate it if anyone attending or watching would send a prayer from me. I will be thinking about Robert and his family, I just think prayer has more power when you can see what you are praying for - Thanks in advance.

I'm wondering if any of you have ever known a little boy of Robert's age who hugged people as frequently as Robert did? It bothers me a bit, and I wonder if he was actually that secure in the love of his family..not that he was not loved, but in feeling that he was worthy of being loved. It sounds a bit as if he were trying to ingratiate himself with people, to "make" them love him back, like he thought love had to be earned. Poor little guy.

I would love to know if anyone else has thought about this concerning Robert.. Maybe most children are equally demonstrative, but I haven't known any.

I get the impression that Robert was small for his age. Perhaps he had a poor image of himself .. an inferiority complex. Whatever it is, I have not seen a happy smile on any pictures that I've seen of him, and it is so troubling. This is just my opinion .. observation, actually. And if anyone can give me a link to pictures where Robert looks really happy, please do. I'm so sad for him, his eyes are haunting.

I'm catching up here, but yes, my little 7 yo son (soon to be 8) hugs frequently. Especially our pastors wife. I noticed at a wedding that he hugged my ex bil's wife as well. Where he gets I've wondered but maybe from church. He's just happy go lucky and it doesn't bother me. He doesn't hug everyone...but you know what I mean.

Now...what bugged me about the obit was this.....its like a "asking for forgiveness from Robert" obit. Also...born in June of 2001..no date????

Fly free Robert......

O/T: LadyBugSTL Thanks....Only angels with fibromyalgia have hard times. :( It's been raining & very humid here, it dosen't agree with angels with FMS/CFS! :eek:

051.gif

P.S. In fact I have to re-boot the humidity is causing my PC to act goofy right now. The fan is so loud it's driving me :crazy:....at least I hope that's all it is. :eek: My PC is only 6 months old.....:crossfingers: that is why it's so loud & re-booting will help it to stop. :winko:

OT - Oh, I'm *so sorry to hear that!!! :( ( I suffer from a debilitating and painful chronic illness as well and was actually misdiagnosed w/FMS/CMS b-4 they finally figured out what was wrong ).

This is for you......... :hug:

This, is for your pc........:razz:

Can you tell me if there is a difference between scent dogs and cadaver dogs? I noticed in the articles that both were mentioned as being used. TIA

The short answer is that one scents for live finds and one for cadaver, though some dogs are cross-trained for both.

The longer answer... there are air-scent, tracking, trailing, tracking/trailing, water, wilderness, urban, human remains (cadaver) and an amazing array of combinations of training a dog and handler can have. If you think of all the ways scent can carry both for live and dead subjects and then all the possible places subjects can go and situations they can be in--places bodies can be hidden--it makes for a lot of various and interesting training.

I don't think most "normal" people differentiate, but if you get mixed in with a bunch of dog handlers that's a whole other story. :crazy:

Dear Robert,sweet child, fly free into the arms of Jesus.As I write this it is 3pm. here,2pm. in Michigan.This precious boy will never hurt again.I cry for Robert,I worry for his siblings.Dear God take this little boy into your arms,let Mother Mary care for him. Please guard his siblings. May they be safe forever.Amen.:angel:

I never considered that angle, and definitely a possibility. I will gravitate to her simply because of some of the sources that claim she just had some control issues with her personality as well as evidence from medical people and work acquaintences that she was not really controlled in her daily activities. My links a few pages back offer those links, if you want specific links please let me know.

This has crossed my mind--it wouldn't be much of a stretch; there's a case from Pittsburgh (Nicole Bryner) in which the mother fabricated a kidnapping from the local supermarket after her boyfriend killed the child.

Robert Manwill's funeral
Story Created: Aug 9, 2009 at 12:43 PM MDT
Story Updated: Aug 9, 2009 at 12:43 PM MDT
<snipped>
The public portion of Robert Manwill's funeral is Sunday, August 9, at 2:00 p.m. It will be held at the Cloverdale Funeral Home.

CBS 2 has a crew at the funeral and will have coverage in the 5:30 p.m. and 10 p.m. newscasts.

Stay tuned to CBS 2 Eyewitness news for more on the story.

Article:
http://www.2news.tv/news/local/52834827.html

Abductor? Is that what the pastor said? I thought the police said that wasn't the case?

thanks suziq for the link. Am I the only one watching????!! Anyone have sound??

dang I have no sound...any other feeds to this??

OT - Oh, I'm *so sorry to hear that!!! :( ( I suffer from a debilitating and painful chronic illness as well and was actually misdiagnosed w/FMS/CMS b-4 they finally figured out what was wrong ).

This is for you......... :hug:

This, is for your pc........:razz:

O/T: LadyBugSTL :hug:'s To You Too! :blowkiss:

I hope & pray that today you are having a less painful day. Chronic pain really is hard on those who suffer with it 24/7. For those who have to deal with chronic health issues & pain, we understand how hard it is to keep our chins up everyday.

Sending You Hugs Back LadyBugSTL!
064.gif

To let you & anyone else know we have an amazingly loving support group here at WS'S that I started...the title does say for FMS/CFS, but only because I couldn't fit all of the chronic pain illnesses in the title. We ahve many in the group that has many other illnesess along with having FMS/CFS that we all discuss or ask questions about. Just to have somewhere to vent or ask about a medication is very helpful to many here at WS's.

We welcome everyone to post you don't just have to have FMS/CFS. We have had many family members who ask questions to help them understand what someone else they know is going through. As a reminder some of us don't post everyday, due to our illnesses, but we will reply if we know the answer when we are able too. (Or not busy like :crazy: me helping to post media in many cases, I pray everyday that wasn't the case in the world we live in. :( )

All of us invite you & anyone else to come visit all of us sometime. :grouphug:'s

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Here is the link for anyone interested in checking it out:

~The Good, the Bad, & Fibromyalgia~ Help and Support for All Fibromites #2
There are many, many people 'here' that suffer from Fibro, CFS, Lupus, and all the other Auto Immune Illnesses, Ws's members can find support here too. And sadly for some this is the only place they can get help, support and understanding.

Here's a little bit about my background of being a fibromite:
I suffer from fibromyalgia, CFS, chronic headaches, chronic pain syndrome to name a few of my health issues! I was diagnosed over 29yrs ago when it was known as fibrositis! I've been disabled from it since "1999" due to the severity of my case. I suffered from depression for several years, because it was hard to accept that I worked so hard to have a college degree in Graphic Design. To not be able to work & then deal with chronic pain 24/7 is really hard for anyone to accept.

Fibromites suffer from many other side effects from having this chronic condition for instance restless leg syndrome, depression, lack of energy, weakness, etc. etc.

The thread will be useful to support each other, exchange remedies, to whine on a bad day, offer support to caregivers, medical information, listing helpful vitamins, listing symptoms, answers to what causes flare-ups, etc. etc. etc.

I'll be happy to answer any questions from anyone who has just been diagnosed & add information about FMS, CFS etc.

Link To 1st Thread: ~The Good, the Bad, & Fibromyalgia~ Help and Support for All Fibromites:
Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Link To Thread:
Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

P.S. Sorry for being O/T everyone, but many don't realize or know that we have a support group here at WS'S in the Parking Lot Forum! :wink:

FYI: For WS'S new & old members about The Parking Lot Forum:

You'll not just find the support thread in the Parking Lot, there are many other very interesting & informative threads for everyone....from recipes, prayer chains, & many other topics! :)

The Parking Lot Forum Link:
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=35&order=desc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads