ID - Robert Manwill, 8, Boise, 24 July 2009 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
thanks suziq for the link. Am I the only one watching????!! Anyone have sound??

I'm here. I fortunately have sound. But I'm so choked up I can't really type what I'm seeing.

Roberts brother is breaking my heart.

Wow. Such a sad funeral. I was in tears during dad's letter.

Did they really end the service with honky tonk ba donky donk ?

I just caught the end! I am siting here wiping away the tears!! The dove were such a lovely way to end the ceremony!!

Fly with the angels Robert!

Well I got sound as the birds were being released. Maybe I'll rewatch it later. Kids are here looking at me....15yo son wants to go to g/fs, I make him look at Robert's pics as I'm crying..I said I tell you what, I'm sick of these people killing all these kids...DS says, I know...
And I just typed a post but it didn't go here...was mom there? Assume she was but was bf??

I cried through the whole thing. I really cried when the Pastor read the Letter to Robert from Dad. I still don't know what to think of Jennifer. Now I am waiting on the arrest!
Rest In Peace Precious Robert.

Yes, the mom was there. I didn't see the boyfriend. Not sure if he was there.

Mom's letter was strange, talking about when he was at teh beach and had to go "poo" and almost "went poo" on someone's feet? Then suddenly the letter was over.

Mom's letter was strange, talking about when he was at teh beach and had to go "poo" and almost "went poo" on someone's feet? Then suddenly the letter was over.

I missed that part.

FYI: I'll post a link to the video of Robert's funeral, as soon as one of the media links post it, for those who missed it or couldn't get any sound.

:angel:

Another funeral for another kid. :(
I'm at a loss for words for these horrible things happen on a daily basis.

I think it's gonna go like this....

Robert came in from playing at 7:30 pm. DE left him 'watching' the toddler at 7:45 pm so that he could, maybe, go outside and smoke? I remember it being reported that a neighbor saw DE outside of his apartment at 7:45 pm.
DE hears crying or screaming, goes back inside and toddler is screaming, and ANGRY. Robert supposedly has injured the toddler. Not seriously, just enough to make his lil self mad at his brother. Maybe there is a bruise forming, red marks, maybe he said Robert hit his little head, and maybe something valuable is broken? My kids almost killed one another regulary, or at least you would have thought so at the time. And they broke everything I owned...twice....LOLOL.
And DE snapped. After what had happened to the baby before (poor DE), the stress of being a stay-at-home-Dad (for only the last two months as near as I can tell) and potentially from drug use, and a violent temper, he went off and beat the boy to...well...you know the rest.
I'm not saying it happened that way, and I am IN NO WAY defending this man if he did this....this is just how it looks to me it's going to come down. His only 'out' is to come up with something believable because I'm sure they'll offer him a plea deal in exchange for the truth. Crime of Passion "temporary insanity' type defense instead of just insanity, or it that the same thing? I'm no law expert and I'm still learning guys. I trust YOU to pick this apart and tell me why it CAN'T happen this way.:blowkiss:

BTW...do we know if Robert was present at the time the baby's head was cracked? I know it's been reported that CM had custody, but was he THERE, at MJ's, the day the head cracking happened? The middle child was IIRC? I ask because if Robert were there that day, DE could blame that on Robert as well...say that's why he snapped, because he thought he was going to kill HIS SON 'this time', and follow that up with something like...MJ took the fall for the head cracking to protect Robert.

That could explain this need for that awful reference to Robert's temper on that MySpace page, and the 'case history' for an obituary.

ETA: I just posted this and now, looking at it, I have the urge to crawl under my chair for putting it out there.....someone tell me to remove it, that it was in poor taste....and it'll be gone before you can blink. I'm sorry if I offended anyone...geez.

Shutterfly, I would love to tell you that it couldn't have happened that way, but I can't, I think the theory you've presented sounds possible.

I ended up staying for the entire funeral as well as went to the gravesite with those who attended that part. I have to say that it was a powerful funeral. I dont normally cry for things like this. I did great until the reading of the letters. That was so hard for me. I have to say that after seeing MJ in person both last night and today I think her grief is genuine. What you get when you know a camera is on you and you have to look the part is very much the same look when there are no cameras on her. I think the part that sealed it for me was after the service when people were starting to leave she was standing with a small group of family. All the sudden she lost it and ran over to some older man who had to literally catch her from falling to the ground. It was like the shock had finally moved aside and the reality of her son being gone hit. It goes back to those who said everyone handles grief different. I think no matter who you are there is some sort of shock your body goes into for protection.

My daughter was the only thing separating me from DE father. This man was a huge mess. I think in the end his may face losing not only this child, but his children to the prison system. For those of you who have mentioned DE brother may have been involved you may be onto something. The first thing I noticed is he was NOT there at the funeral. Not even there to be with his own father. For me that was very very telling. At first I didnt think he had anything to do with it, but after today I am thinking he very well might have been the accomplice in getting rid of the body. There was just something in the way he kept looking over towards MJ and the tears and pain in his eyes. It was almost like a "Im so sorry my boys did this to you" kind of look. It was like in his eyes were telling a story. I really cant explain it. I did overhear someone mention that right after all this happened his house was searched upside down. Now that might be because DE kept accusing him or it could have been because they were looking into the brother.

I just want to add that my heart broke in a million pieces for the brother. I have not seen any links yet so I dont know what view others had, but watching his brother stand up there crying alone made me want to run up and hug him. I was kind of unpset with the spep mom. IMO the least she could have done when she saw the older brother falling apart was go to him. He never should have cried alone as long as he did. Eventually the woman next to him stepped over and held him, but I was upset he had to deal with his pain alone. No wonder his myspace is so dark. Both Roberts parents and step mom were all standing together with CM holding both their hands. They do genuinely seem united. He doesnt stand with her like he suspects her of anything. Maybe he is part of why DE has stayed away. He knows CM wants his blood

Saying goodbye to Robert Manwill
Published: 08/09/09
<snipped>
Robert Manwill was laid to rest Sunday as white doves wheeled over head and family members wept.

Several hundred people turned out to the funeral at Boise's Cloverdale Funeral Home and Memorial Park; a small percentage of the community members who searched, held vigils and felt connected to the 8-year-old boy who was killed.

"You were a little light in a dark and cruel world and you were taken from us too soon," Charles Manwill wrote in a letter to his son read by a local pastor during Sunday's service. "...These last two weeks have proven that Boise is the city of brotherly love. Our family grown by thousands of people in last two weeks."

Family members, including Robert's siblings, released white doves during the outdoor service. Country music songs &#8212; Robert's favorites &#8212; also were featured.

Article:
http://www.idahostatesman.com/newsupdates/story/860679.html

FYI: Will add video as soon as they post it!

:angel:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member