ID - Robert Manwill, 8, Boise, 24 July 2009 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Idaho-native your post about DE's brother possibly being involved was something many of us had a theory about! From what you noticed by the body language of their father & him not being at the funeral....really really raises my hinky meter on both of them being involved.

I think it makes a lot of sense that DE would call his brother to help him in disposing of poor little Robert in the canal. The brother & DE would know where the keys were to the truck, & that the father was out of town. They may have very well hid Robert in the father's truck than later when the coast was clear put him in the canal. That would explain the hit on the truck.

I bet she knows in her heart that DE is responsible & that is why someone else mentioned her wanting the locks on the apt. changed too.

What you posted I still need it all to sink in & have a lot to think about as far as a timeline that is possible. I hope this is making sense as I'm typing this as I think about it all.

Thanks so much for going to the funeral & saying prayers from all of us.
We all appreciate you paying respect to a little boy gone too soon!

:hug:'s to your daughter & yourself from all of us.

"Rest In Peace Robert Grant Manwill"
angel10.gif

:angel:

From a parents point of view this funeral was so much harder on me then I expected. Needless to say I hugged and kissed my two daughters that were with me. Told my oldest I wanted her to watch the replay of the funeral. Not to be cruel by making her watch something sad, but to see what that poor brother had to go through loosing his brother. I told my daughters and my nieces that you really have to love and appreciate your siblings because at the drop of a hat that could have been anyone standing in that poor young KM shoes.

I didnt get the feeling the Ehrick father was involved. That isnt the type of vibe I was getting from his looks and body language. Because I was sitting so close to the family I spent not only looking at these people, but really reading into what there eyes and other languages were saying. It was more like a look of sadness and shame. Like he knew deep in his heart that at least one and maybe both of his boys had blood on there hands. Looking at this man he doesn't look like someone who would help with this. Very tender grandpa looking old man. I haven't seen any photos of the brother so I have no idea what he looks like, but the father doesn't have that same cold look in his eyes as DE has

all those people showed up for that little boy's funeral except for D & D

yup....i think it is VERY telling :mad:

i don't know what to think as to what extent the brother's involvement would be. it might be he is fully involved and knew what he was doing or it might be an after thought thing where he didn't realize it until later that he did infact help his brother. KWIM?

Robert Manwill's funeral draws nearly 500 mourners
05:03 PM MDT on Sunday, August 9, 2009
<snipped>
With so many questions still unanswered, the family of Robert Manwill, and the community at large, sought closure Sunday afternoon at the funeral of the slain child.

There is nothing more tragic nor more difficult to understand than the death of a child, especially one complicated by homicide. Sunday was a tearful coming together of those who feel this loss the most.

"I believe Robert Manwill should be remembered as Boise's peace child. What began as a community search for a missing child and ended in the discovery of the tragic death of sweet innocent boy has brought an entire community together," said Pastor George Sova.

Sova also read letters from Manwill&#8217;s parents, detailing some of their memories of Robert and their desire to have his killer found. Manwill&#8217;s family and loved ones then released doves, which Sova said was a symbolic tribute to Manwill&#8217;s spirit.

&#8220;As Robert's dove soars over the horizon and out sight we can softly whisper, there. He is gone, but we can be sure that over that horizon, other's will look to the sky and joyfully exclaim, &#8216;look, here he comes&#8217;,&#8221; Sova said.

Sova talked at the service about the need to serve justice in this case.

&#8220;The search continues not for Robert but for his perpetrator and as we speak law enforcement agencies across the board are working diligently seeking to solve this horrendous crime against an innocent child... so that it will not end on a shelf of unsolved mysteries somewhere,&#8221; Sova said.

Police have not released any details about its investigation so far.

Robert Manwill's funeral service was held at the Cloverdale Funeral Home August 9.
L_IMAGE.1223cc986ef.93.88.fa.d0.c4865ad3.jpg

VIDEO: Family releases flocks of doves
http://www.ktvb.com/video/index.html?nvid=387597

Article:
http://www.ktvb.com/news/localnews/stories/ktvbn-aug0909-manwill_funeral.c484a3d9.html
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Several hundred say goodbye to Robert Manwill
Published: 08/09/09
<snipped>
Robert Manwill was laid to rest Sunday as white doves wheeled over head and family members wept.

Several hundred people turned out to the funeral at Boise's Cloverdale Funeral Home and Memorial Park; a small percentage of the community members who searched, held vigils and felt connected to the 8-year-old boy who was killed.

"You were a little light in a dark and cruel world and you were taken from us too soon," Charles Manwill wrote in a letter to his son read by a local pastor during Sunday's service. "...These last two weeks have proven that Boise is the city of brotherly love. Our family grown by thousands of people in last two weeks."

Chuck Manwill consoles his daughter as they sit in front of the cremated remains of his son Robert Manwill, 8, Sunday at a funeral service at Cloverdale Funeral Home in Boise. Robert was reported missing July 24 and later found dead in an irrigation canal. Boise police are investigating the death as a homicide.
606-0810_local_manwill02.embedded.prod_affiliate.36.jpg

PHOTO GALLERY: Funeral service for Robert Manwill 08/09/09
http://www.idahostatesman.com/397/gallery/860731.html

Article:
http://www.idahostatesman.com/newsupdates/story/860679.html

how sad :(

i didn't realize he had been cremated. wow, so LE must have all they need?

I ended up staying for the entire funeral as well as went to the gravesite with those who attended that part. I have to say that it was a powerful funeral. I dont normally cry for things like this. I did great until the reading of the letters. That was so hard for me. I have to say that after seeing MJ in person both last night and today I think her grief is genuine. What you get when you know a camera is on you and you have to look the part is very much the same look when there are no cameras on her. I think the part that sealed it for me was after the service when people were starting to leave she was standing with a small group of family. All the sudden she lost it and ran over to some older man who had to literally catch her from falling to the ground. It was like the shock had finally moved aside and the reality of her son being gone hit. It goes back to those who said everyone handles grief different. I think no matter who you are there is some sort of shock your body goes into for protection.

My daughter was the only thing separating me from DE father. This man was a huge mess. I think in the end his may face losing not only this child, but his children to the prison system. For those of you who have mentioned DE brother may have been involved you may be onto something. The first thing I noticed is he was NOT there at the funeral. Not even there to be with his own father. For me that was very very telling. At first I didnt think he had anything to do with it, but after today I am thinking he very well might have been the accomplice in getting rid of the body. There was just something in the way he kept looking over towards MJ and the tears and pain in his eyes. It was almost like a "Im so sorry my boys did this to you" kind of look. It was like in his eyes were telling a story. I really cant explain it. I did overhear someone mention that right after all this happened his house was searched upside down. Now that might be because DE kept accusing him or it could have been because they were looking into the brother.

I just want to add that my heart broke in a million pieces for the brother. I have not seen any links yet so I dont know what view others had, but watching his brother stand up there crying alone made me want to run up and hug him. I was kind of unpset with the spep mom. IMO the least she could have done when she saw the older brother falling apart was go to him. He never should have cried alone as long as he did. Eventually the woman next to him stepped over and held him, but I was upset he had to deal with his pain alone. No wonder his myspace is so dark. Both Roberts parents and step mom were all standing together with CM holding both their hands. They do genuinely seem united. He doesnt stand with her like he suspects her of anything. Maybe he is part of why DE has stayed away. He knows CM wants his blood

Thank you for being there for those of us who could not be! Your insight is invaluable and I agree with many of your points! :blowkiss:

I think it's gonna go like this....

Robert came in from playing at 7:30 pm. DE left him 'watching' the toddler at 7:45 pm so that he could, maybe, go outside and smoke? I remember it being reported that a neighbor saw DE outside of his apartment at 7:45 pm.
DE hears crying or screaming, goes back inside and toddler is screaming, and ANGRY. Robert supposedly has injured the toddler. Not seriously, just enough to make his lil self mad at his brother. Maybe there is a bruise forming, red marks, maybe he said Robert hit his little head, and maybe something valuable is broken? My kids almost killed one another regulary, or at least you would have thought so at the time. And they broke everything I owned...twice....LOLOL.
And DE snapped. After what had happened to the baby before (poor DE), the stress of being a stay-at-home-Dad (for only the last two months as near as I can tell) and potentially from drug use, and a violent temper, he went off and beat the boy to...well...you know the rest.
I'm not saying it happened that way, and I am IN NO WAY defending this man if he did this....this is just how it looks to me it's going to come down. His only 'out' is to come up with something believable because I'm sure they'll offer him a plea deal in exchange for the truth. Crime of Passion "temporary insanity' type defense instead of just insanity, or it that the same thing? I'm no law expert and I'm still learning guys. I trust YOU to pick this apart and tell me why it CAN'T happen this way.:blowkiss:

BTW...do we know if Robert was present at the time the baby's head was cracked? I know it's been reported that CM had custody, but was he THERE, at MJ's, the day the head cracking happened? The middle child was IIRC? I ask because if Robert were there that day, DE could blame that on Robert as well...say that's why he snapped, because he thought he was going to kill HIS SON 'this time', and follow that up with something like...MJ took the fall for the head cracking to protect Robert.

That could explain this need for that awful reference to Robert's temper on that MySpace page, and the 'case history' for an obituary.

ETA: I just posted this and now, looking at it, I have the urge to crawl under my chair for putting it out there.....someone tell me to remove it, that it was in poor taste....and it'll be gone before you can blink. I'm sorry if I offended anyone...geez.

You bought into that "temper" thing hook-line-and-sinker. Melissa or Daniel couldn't have made up a better story themselves. Blame Robert's "temper" and even blame him for the infant's injury...wow.

Hundreds Gather To Say Farewell To Robert Manwill
August 9, 2009
<snipped>
The family of Robert Manwill carrying his remains walks in to one of Robert's favorite songs. Two weeks after the 8-year-old disappeared from his home, he is being laid to rest. Family members welcomed the entire community to share in the life of the young boy who managed to capture the hearts of many. The ceremony honored the boy's life. The family full of emotion did not speak publicly but Robert's mother, Melissa Jenkins and his father Chuck Manwill wrote the last words to their son on paper. It was read by the pastor.

"Robert I will always love you and I will always be thinking of you. Mommy"

"Robert you were a little light in a dark and cruel world and you were taking from us long before your time on this earth should have ended", words of Chuck Manwill.

Robert Manwill touched so many lives and that includes the many people who knew him in New Plymouth. His teacher Christie Morales fought to hold back tears as she spoke about the young boy who loved to hug.

"And as for today we can assure that God and all his angels are getting lots of hugs from Robert. We love you and miss you Robert", says Morales.

10874363_BG1.jpg

VIDEO: Hundreds Gather To Say Farewell To Robert Manwill 2:28
http://www.kivitv.com/global/Catego...&topVideoCatNo=default&clipId=4028188&flvUri=

Article:
http://www.kivitv.com/Global/story.asp?S=10874363

I was never at a cremation funeral ceremony. The pictures are very interesting, Thankyou

You bought into that "temper" thing hook-line-and-sinker. Melissa or Daniel couldn't have made up a better story themselves. Blame Robert's "temper" and even blame him for the infant's injury...wow.

I am beginning to think that is just how that family casually talks. It sounds crazy, but the fathers letter in not so many words almost said they were calling him an unruly child. Then the teacher even mentioned that at first she was hoping he wasnt in her classroom.

I get the feeling this child was starving for attention and as a result acted out a lot in hopes to find that. Then when you consider how the brothers myspace looked as well as the fact she stood there alone in pain. I hate to say it, but something is lacking in that family. The dad is probably busy working hard to provide for the boys and the step mom depending on how long they have been married may not have shown the boys the love and attention they need. Not saying the dad is any way responsible for things that went wrong. Just saying it looks like these boys have fallen through the cracks. My heart still breaks for KM. I want to reach out to him so bad.

I am beginning to think that is just how that family casually talks. It sounds crazy, but the fathers letter in not so many words almost said they were calling him an unruly child. Then the teacher even mentioned that at first she was hoping he wasnt in her classroom.

I get the feeling this child was starving for attention and as a result acted out a lot in hopes to find that. Then when you consider how the brothers myspace looked as well as the fact she stood there alone in pain. I hate to say it, but something is lacking in that family. The dad is probably busy working hard to provide for the boys and the step mom depending on how long they have been married may not have shown the boys the love and attention they need. Not saying the dad is any way responsible for things that went wrong. Just saying it looks like these boys have fallen through the cracks. My heart still breaks for KM. I want to reach out to him so bad.

There are millions of dysfunctional families, it doesn't in any way mean the CHILD is at fault. Especially for their own murder. I think it might be a good time to remember that Robert is the victim regardless of being "unruly" or starved of attention in the opinion of a few misguided "adults". My son is talkative and loving and he hugs his friends and teachers and I don't discourage it at all. If people think he's starved for attention or unruly, that is THEIR major malfunction. I responded to the first post because the idea was offered that Robert, the victim, was likely responsible for Daniel's outrage AND he may have fractured the skull of his infant brother. That is not even acceptable, in my opinion.

There are millions of dysfunctional families, it doesn't in any way mean the CHILD is at fault. Especially for their own murder. I think it might be a good time to remember that Robert is the victim regardless of being "unruly" or starved of attention in the opinion of a few misguided "adults". My son is talkative and loving and he hugs his friends and teachers and I don't discourage it at all. If people think he's starved for attention or unruly, that is THEIR major malfunction. I responded to the first post because the idea was offered that Robert, the victim, was likely responsible for Daniel's outrage AND he may have fractured the skull of his infant brother. That is not even acceptable, in my opinion.

Im one of those families. My grandson, age 6 has been diagnosed with Bipolar disorder, which makes him very unruly at specific times. He gives me HUGS all day long. He hugs his teacher and his great-grandparents are his world! Now, his mother brings out the worst in him. He will scream, have tantrums and you have to ask yourself "Is this the same little boy that was just hugging grandma". It all has to do with the way they are treated! His mommy treats him like a pain, so he acts like a pain. His father has not shown any interest in seeing him in the last 3 years but if he did come into his Life now it would be over my dead body. His wife abused his daughter from his first marriage (court documented) and I would NEVER allow my grandson around either of them for fear of what happened to poor little Robert.

I agree Underdog. I do also see what Idaho-Native is trying to say. What I am getting from Idaho-Native is that it does not appear that Ken or Robert have received the love and attention they need. NOT that Robert is to blame. Yes, I did see that in Shutterfly's (I think it was Shutterfly's) post as a theory.

It is possible to believe that the perp may try to set the scenario up as was theorized.... hopefully they won't get away with it.

I do not for a minute believe that Robert had anything to do with the skull fracture or that Robert was unruly. If you live with a mother that gets on you for everything you do, even asking a question and you are made to sit on your hands all the time - I highly doubt that you act out much at all.

This child appears to have been a loving child and it also appears that he became a much happier child after he went to live with his dad, if his school successes are counted. Spending that weekend/summer with his mother must have been torture in and of itself.

My opinion Only

Salem

I am not in any way saying that Robert is at fault. Im not sure what you thought I was saying, but I am very well aware he is the victim here. I think in a lot more ways then this he was the victim. I dont for one second think he had anything to do with the fractured skull. Nor do I think he was in any way hurting the baby the night this happened to him. I was just simply pointing out that several of his family have made similar remarks about it. Not supporting it in any way. I have a ten year old that I often times have to tell to come up for air because she talks non stop and I know for a fact she is not starved for attention or unruly. I do think Robert was failed in many ways. I feel like he was often treated like a burden.

OK, so don't shoot the messenger so to speak, but in my years as a CPS investigator I have worked (too) many child fatality cases, and I have never been as disturbed as I was by the obit I just read...talk about trying the case in the court of public opinion...and trying to preemptively get that "court" on your side...that obit was not about Robert...it was about making an argument for how "well" he was loved and thus how those that loved him so much could never hurt him...not appropriate AT ALL...

Just bringing this insightful post back to reconsider. This "article" appears to be a death notice, a "paid" obituary, rather that a newspaper obit, which would be written by a staff writer. Usually, death notices are written and submitted by the funeral home. I would be interested in knowing from WSers living in the area if it is a local custom for families to write their own death notices, and if the "weird" one with the family history is typical for that newspaper. (Just got done doing some library research; in the early 20th century, obits in the small town papers in my area often had gripping and shocking accounts of accidental deaths. So these customs change over time and may well vary.)

I wanted to point out, also, that it is very, very odd that the weird obituary says that Robert had been "missing" but not that he was murdered, as if the writer(s) wants to preserve the image of the "missing" Robert instead of the reality of the murdered Robert. I don't mean that a death notice should mention the murder; most of the time, death notices of violent crime victims omit the cause of death or use terms like "suddenly" or "tragically." However, since LE has said publicly that Robert wasn't abducted, the reference to him being "missing" looks to me like just the continuing cover-up of his killing. Certainly, Robert's killer must cling to this "missing" story because his/her freedom depends on it; if Robert was "missing" when he was killed, nobody in the family gets charged, convicted, imprisoned, etc. And it may be that the person who wrote this does not know, for sure, who killed Robert, but is just putting up a nice PR job to protect the whole family--because by now they now that if LE says there was no abduction, someone is in LE's crosshairs.

To use the child's death notice or obituary to lay out a case that the family is actually functional and so (presumably) not responsible for his death is right up there with mentioning an 8 year old's occasional temper or bad behavior in memorial tributes like the MySpace page or the eulogies at his funeral. It's one thing to remember the quirks and foibles of adults at their funeral services, as once we are grown we all have the opportunity to make choices and take responsibility for them. I can't think of a single reason for anyone to say anything negative about a child at a funeral. Children are difficult, by definition. They are NOT GROWN up. This "temper" business is just another sign of how some elements in Robert's family don't have a clue about what it means or what it takes to raise a child.

AWC and Idaho Native thank you for all your wonderful insights and updates!~

Respectfully Underdog, I didn't 'buy in' to anything. I wasn't buying it. I was simply pointing out that if these people would stoop to the level of what was done to this poor child, then they would stoop to trying to make it appear as though it were his fault. And you have to wonder if the reference to Robert's temper was intentional...just to plant the seed. It was uncalled for and pointless, unless you have another agenda.

The funereal is replaying on the TV right now. Just watching it again bothers me about even the dads letter. Even the Pastor made an remark about poor Robert as he was reading the letter. It talked about how nobody could forget Roberts name because someone was always yelling at him to not do this or not do that. I have to wonder if the dad took him because he didnt have a choice. I mean had the mom not told him she needed him to take Robert I would guess that Robert would have stayed with mom. Please dont think I am putting the father down. So far everything I have seen from him is respectable.

It just seems like everyone is so focused on negatives and only throwing in nice things to say because they had to or felt obligated because its a funeral. IDK....maybe its me, but I just dont like the feeling I have. It makes my heart hurt for little Robert. No matter what no kid deserves to feel unimportant

Go look at the comments on this article QUICK before it gets deleted!!....
http://www.idahostatesman.com/newsupdates/story/860679.html

you're looking for the one by JDS

WOW! I am not really sure what to make of that. Part of me think it makes sense seeing how the Aunt did all the speaking. She did mention at a race track interview that they have been doing lots of "jobs" such as setting up the searches and stuff, but the racing is their fun job. Putting that together with the fact that I already suspected she was the one who set up the myspace makes me think she had her hand in everything that went on. Not saying that is a bad thing. Just saying sounds like even she may have a need to be in control of everything

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pitbladdo