GUILTY ID - Robert Manwill, 8, Boise, 24 July 2009 - #5

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
They might be looking for pre-meditation - we still don't know how Robert's life was taken.

I think Robert could've been killed earlier in the week. Like another poster said, it might have been getting closer to Robert's dad picking him up, so they had to report him missing. The little neighbor girl just might have been mistaken about the day she saw him while playing. I don't think there were any other witnesses to confirm that, right?
Oh I agree ~ and I'm sure LE has it right but I was just curious what happened to her version of the night's events. It does make sense that they were down to the wire as far as Robert going back home so something had to be concocted quickly. MOO

I am even more heartbroken to hear that the mother was involved. I had hoped that she wasn't . It makes my heart sad for little Robert. My guess is this is where they say to the mother DEAL TIME. Were the tears ever for Robert or for what she was facing in her future? I'm furious that she was involved! She needs to be sterilized!

I did a quick Google search, and it appears to NOT be unique to Idaho. But I've never heard of it being added to a murder charge either.
Thanks ~ I've heard of it as a separate charge too, but not in conjunction with murder. Good for LE!

Robert Manwill's mother charged with murder of Idaho boy
Story Created: Aug 18, 2009 at 6:55 PM MDT
Story Updated: Aug 18, 2009 at 7:09 PM MDT
<snipped>
Boise Police say the mother of Robert Manwill has been charged with first degree murder.

Authorities made the announcement Thursday evening at a press conference with Treasure Valley media.

Melissa Jenkins and her boyfriend, Daniel Ehrlick, was charged with murder as well. Daniel Ehrlick, 36, was also indicted for first degree murder and failing to report a death to law enforcement.

The 8-year-old boy was last seen outside the apartment where his mother lives in Boise on the night of Friday July 24. There's no evidence, police say, that Robert was abducted by a stranger.

His body was pulled from the New York Canal about 14 miles away Aug. 3. It was then when police say the case was now a murder investigation.

The Ada County Coroner's office said forensic dental information helped to positively identify the body found in the canal.

Speaking at a press briefing on Wednesday evening, Boise Police Chief Deputy Jim Kerns said "Justice will not be denied for Robert," Jim Kerns, Boise Police deputy chief said earlier this month.

Article:
http://www.2news.tv/news/local/53619927.html
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Mother, her boyfriend arrested in Robert Manwill's death
Updated 1 minute ago
<snipped>
Boise Police arrested Robert Manwill's mother Melissa Jenkins, 30, on a first-degree murder charge and her boyfriend Daniel Ehrlick, 36, of Boise, also accused of first-degree murder in the boy's death.

Boise Police Deputy Chief Jim Kerns said more than 9,000 man hours were logged by law enforcement agencies from the time Robert went missing July 24 until his body was found 10 days later.

Article:
http://www.idahopress.com/?2009-08-18-Mother-her-boyfriend-arrested-in-Robert-Manwills-death

:angel:

I am even more heartbroken to hear that the mother was involved. I had hoped that she wasn't . It makes my heart sad for little Robert. My guess is this is where they say to the mother DEAL TIME. Were the tears ever for Robert or for what she was facing in her future? I'm furious that she was involved! She needs to be sterilized!

I am not sure the deal won't go the other way. She is the one that is out of the house during the "disappearance". She is the one with a record for violence out of frustration causing severe injury.

:woohoo:
Super stoked, but also kind of shocked
Figured MJ was in on the cover-up, but would not have put money on her being charged with MURDER...

Well we know an indictment is only a decision to arrest. Now maybe they are not sure which way it went, they know it happened in the house from the evidence and maybe they want to see which way it really went?? I don't know. What was interesting is she got the accessory charge... so in my feeble mind tonight I was thinking they would put the pressure on her....I'm just rambling in my total horror once again that a parent could kill their child.....

Originally Posted by SuziQ
And MJ victimized them all again by standing with them at the funeral.

So true........I'm in disbelief that she could stand at his funeral as the grieving mother...

Maybe that is why the Boise Police asked that the funeral have a public component....so that they could see who was there and also have footage..

Robert Manwill's mother, boyfriend charged with 1st degree murder

An Ada County grand jury indicted both Melissa Scott Jenkins and Daniel Ehrlick Jr. on a charge of 1st degree murder in connection with the death of 8-year-old Robert Manwill.

Deputy Chief Jim Kerns said both were also charged for failing to report a death.

Robert was reported missing July 24, sparking an unprecedented police and community effort to find him before his body was discovered in the New York Canal southeast of town.

Kerns said Ehrlick was being held without bond in the Ada County Jail. Jenkins is being held on a $2 million bond.

"Probably no other case in Boise history has touched so many people," Kerns said.

More than 9,000 man-hours were logged in the 10 days he was missing by Boise police, FBI, Idaho probations and parole and other local and state agencies.

He said the arrests were a "major step" in the investigation, but asked anyone with information about the activities of the two in the week leading up to Robert's reported disappearance.

more at http://www.idahostatesman.com/1263/story/869713.html

Ok, so why is the boyfriend on a no bail and hers is set at $2 million?? Aren't they equally charged? :confused:

I am happy and sad at the same time. My best internet friend "viki" passed away suddenly Aug. 11, 2009, and she knew how passionate I was about this case. I met her here @ WS in the RT a few months ago, some may remember her Great Posts. She's a lovely person, and I think she may have had a hand in this. Now, I will be praying for more developments in the HaLeigh case.
RIP my Sweet Friend viki, and Precious Robert
Bless all of you members here.

Police: Mother & boyfriend killed Robert Manwill
07:18 PM MDT on Tuesday, August 18, 2009
<snipped>
BOISE &#8211; Police say they know who is responsible for killing Robert Manwill: his mother and her boyfriend.

Melissa Scott Jenkins, 30 and Daniel Edward Ehrlick, 36 were taken into custody Tuesday afternoon &#8211; both are charged with first-degree murder. Ehrlick is also charged with failure to report a death to law enforcement, while Jenkins is charged as an accessory for failing to report Manwill&#8217;s death to law enforcement.

Manwill&#8217;s body was found in a Kuna canal on August 10th. Police said the boy was a victim of homicide and vowed to find his killer.

&#8220;Probably no other case in Boise history has touched so many people,&#8221; Boise Police Deputy Chief Jim Kerns said Tuesday night.

The boy was reported missing to police on July 24th. The community quickly responded, with posters featuring the boy&#8217;s face popping up all over town, and volunteers spending spare time searching for the child.

The boy&#8217;s date of death may now be in question. Kerns asked for the public&#8217;s help offering any details of the activities of Jenkins or Ehrlick in the week leading up to July 24th. Kerns did not take questions at the news briefing, which did not give the media a chance to ask follow up questions that may better illustrate particulars of the case &#8211; including why they believe Ehrlick and Jenkins are responsible.

The case started to rapidly change on Thursday 30th. That night, police began searching the Jenkins' Boise Bench apartment, removing materials from the home, including cabinets, computers and more. Police also towed a vehicle from the complex.

The pair has now been indicted by an Ada County grand jury, and are being booked into the Ada County Jail on the charges. Ehrlick will be held without bond, while Jenkins will be held on a $2 million bond.

Ehrlick and Jenkins appeared behind Kerns at each news conference until the day after Jenkins&#8217; home was searched. Ehrlick has not been seen in public since. Jenkins was at the boy&#8217;s funeral and at a news event the day her son&#8217;s body was identified.

Jenkins has a past criminal history that involves hurting children.

On October 19, 2008 police said a baby boy had been injured. Jenkins was arrested and charged with felony injury to a child. The child suffered serious head injuries and was taken to a local hospital for treatment. The child was taken into the custody of the Idaho Department of Health and Welfare.

Court documents say Jenkins hit her 9-month-old son's head on a surface. The infant suffered a fractured skull that caused not only physical pain, but mental suffering as well.

Since the boy&#8217;s disappearance and before his arrest, Ehrlick had been in and out of the hospital for unspecified treatments, according to family.

Kerns said the investigation into Manwill&#8217;s death continues &#8211; and says if anyone has information that may help them, to call Boise Police Dispatch at 377-6790.

Police say Daniel Ehrlick and Melissa Jenkins killed Robert Manwill.
L_IMAGE.1223cc986ef.93.88.fa.d0.f371fb14.jpg

Article:
http://www.ktvb.com/news/localnews/stories/ktvbn-aug1809-manwill.f33b6dd1.html

I'm guessing one of them will throw the other under the bus and that one will go down on 1st degree murder charge...and they'll both get stuck on the concealing a death charge.

ETA: Is that Jenkins mugshot on AWC's post above mine? If so, look at the expression on her face!! Don't tell me I'm imagining it.

I'm thinking the bond is different cause he murdered Robert & she helped him to dispose of the body...MOO

I wonder if we will find out who baby boy Ehrlich was now that they are both indicted. If his defense is going to try to use the skull fracture against her, I would think her defense will want to bring baby boy to light, if it is in fact related (which I fully believe he is).

Maybe the bond is because they think she concealed the death and carried out the plan to cover up? Or, because he had a longer criminal history?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dmccastor