DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mother and Boyfriend Arrested In Case Of Missing Boise Boy
Posted: Aug 18, 2009 08:12 PM EDT
Updated: Aug 18, 2009 09:19 PM EDT
<snipped>
Tuesday night Boise Police announced they arrested two people in connection to the murder of 8-year-old Robert Manwill.

They said they arrested Robert's mother Melissa Jenkins, 30, and her live-in boyfriend Daniel Ehrlick, Jr.

They are both going to be charged with first degree murder. Ehrlick is also charged with failing to report a death, while Jenkins is also charged with accessory to failing to report a death. An Ada County grand jury indicted the pair before they were arrested. They will be officially charged Wednesday morning.

Ehrlick is being held on no bond, Jenkins is being held on a $2 million bond.

During a brief news conference Tuesday night, Deputy Chief Jim Kerns of the Boise Police Department said no other case has touched the people of Boise like Robert's case. They asked anyone with information about what Ehrlick and Jenkins did during the week leading up to July 24, to contact police.

Article:
http://www.localnews8.com/Global/story.asp?S=10952585

:clap: I'm so glad that there will be justice for Robert!!

:angel:

I wonder if we will find out who baby boy Ehrlich was now that they are both indicted. If his defense is going to try to use the skull fracture against her, I would think her defense will want to bring baby boy to light, if it is in fact related (which I fully believe he is).

I really do think that baby boy was adopted out. Thank God. I do have it from some inside info.

VIDEO: Boise Police announce arrests
http://www.ktvb.com/video/index.html?nvid=390332
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Robert Manwill's mother, her boyfriend arrested in his death
Updated 13 minutes ago
<snipped>
Robert Manwill's mother and her boyfriend were arrested today in connection with the child's murder, Boise police announced this evening.

Deputy Chief Jim Kerns said Melissa Scott Jenkins,30, and Daniel Edward Ehrlick, 36, are both charged with first degree murder.

Ehrlick also faces a charge of failing to report a death to law enforcement. Jenkins faces a charge of accessory to that crime.

Kerns did not discuss a time or cause of death.

Manwill, who lived with his father and attended school in New Plymouth, had been missing since July 24 when his body was discovered in a Southwest Ada County Canal Aug. 3.

He had last stayed with his mother and her boyfriend at an apartment near Vista Avenue on the Boise Bench.

The night he disappeared , the boy was visiting his mother, Melissa Scott Jenkins. The boy's father, Charles Manwill, has had custody of him since 2008.

Every law enforcement agency in the Treasure Valley, along with other Idaho agencies, the FBI and the National Center for Missing & Exploited Children assisted in the 10-day investigation of the boy's disappearance.

Hundreds of community members also joined in the search for the boy, last seen at his family's apartment complex in Boise. The case garnered nationwide attention.

Kerns said local, state and federal agencies invested 9,000 man-hours in the search.

"Probably no other case in Boise history has touched so many people," Kerns said. "The turnout of volunteers to search for young Robert was unprecedented in this community."

Article:
http://www.idahopress.com/?2009-08-18-Robert-Manwills-mother-her-boyfriend-arrested-in-his-death

I really do think that baby boy was adopted out. Thank God. I do have it from some inside info.

There is a death certificate for him. Birth and death certs 2005. It is sealed though and I cannot find any details. Definitely can see the log of both birth and death.

Maybe the bond is because they think she concealed the death and carried out the plan to cover up? Or, because he had a longer criminal history?

He may be the bigger flight risk (that and he is suicidal by earlier reports).

Maybe the bond is because they think she concealed the death and carried out the plan to cover up? Or, because he had a longer criminal history?
I'm thinking it might be his criminal history. At least that's usually the case. MOO

UPDATED: Robert Manwill's mother charged with murdering her son
Story Created: Aug 18, 2009 at 6:55 PM MDT
Story Updated: Aug 18, 2009 at 7:16 PM MDT
<snipped>
Boise Police say the mother of Robert Manwill has been charged with first degree murder.

Authorities made the announcement Thursday evening at a press conference with Treasure Valley media.

Melissa Jenkins and her boyfriend, Daniel Ehrlick, was charged with murder as well. Daniel Ehrlick, 36, was also indicted for first degree murder and failing to report a death to law enforcement.

The 8-year-old boy was last seen outside the apartment where his mother lives in Boise on the night of Friday July 24. There's no evidence, police say, that Robert was abducted by a stranger.

His body was pulled from the New York Canal about 14 miles away Aug. 3. It was then when police say the case was now a murder investigation.

The Ada County Coroner's office said forensic dental information helped to positively identify the body found in the canal.

Speaking at a press briefing on Wednesday evening, Boise Police Chief Deputy Jim Kerns said "Justice will not be denied for Robert," Jim Kerns, Boise Police deputy chief said earlier this month.

Ehrlick and Jenkins will be arraigned Wednesday morning at 9:30 before Judge Deborah Bail. Ehrlick and Jenkins are being held on a $2 million bond.

Prosecutors have 60 days to decide whether they will seek the death penalty.

Article:
http://www.2news.tv/news/local/53619927.html
Mother and Boyfriend Arrested For Manwill Murder
Updated: Aug 18, 2009 09:36 PM EDT
<snipped>
Robert Manwill's mother and her boyfriend have been arrested in connection with his murder. Here is a copy of the statement made by Deputy Chief Jim Kerns:

"Robert... as we all know.. is the 8 year old boy first reported missing from his mothers apartment on Cherry Lane in Boise, Friday night July 24th.

Probably no other case in Boise history has touched so many people.

The turn out of volunteers to search for Robert was unprecedented in this community.

The law enforcement effort to find Robert was equally massive and unprecedented.

9,000 man hours were logged by Boise Police, agents with the FBI, Idaho Probation and Parole agents, and other local, state, and federal police agencies... between the time Robert went missing July 24th to the time he was found ten days later.

When Robert's body was found, Monday, August 3rd... just over two weeks ago...the case went from a missing child to a homicide investigation.

At that time... I sent a strong message on behalf of Boise Police and all those in this community who were touched by the tragic, untimely death of this little boy...

that justice would not be denied Robert Manwill.

And now I can announce... that late this afternoon...

Boise Police arrested Daniel Edward Ehrlick, age 36, of Boise on a charge of First Degree Murder for the death of 8 year old Robert Manwill.

Daniel Ehrlick lived with Robert and his mother Melissa at the time of Robert's death.

Daniel Ehrlick is also charged with Failing to Report a Death to Law Enforcement.

Also... this afternoon... Boise Police arrested Robert's mother, Melissa Scott Jenkins, age 30 of Boise for First Degree Murder, in the death of her son, Robert Manwill.

Melissa Jenkins was also charged as an accessory for failing to report her son's death to law enforcement.

Both Ehrlick and Jenkins were indicted on these charges today by an Ada County Grand Jury.

Both are now in police custody and being booked into the Ada County Jail...

Daniel Erhlick is being held on the murder charge without bond.

Melissa Jenkins is jailed on the murder charge with a bond amount of two- million dollars.

The arrests are a major step in the investigation... but the investigation into the death of Robert Manwill is still very much ongoing.

Detectives are asking anyone with any information on Robert ... or the suspects... Ehrlick and Jenkins... particularly their activities the week leading up to Robert's reported disappearance July 24th... is urged to contact Boise Police detectives through Crime Stoppers - 343-COPS."

Robert's mother and her boyfriend will appear in court Wednesday morning.

Article:
http://www.kivitv.com/Global/story.asp?S=10952524
In case you missed the Press Conference video I posted...I posted it here:
VIDEO: Boise Police announce arrests
http://www.ktvb.com/video/index.html?nvid=390332

Oh so now it says they're both on $2 million bond. Thanks, AWC for the update!

I'm guessing one of them will throw the other under the bus and that one will go down on 1st degree murder charge...and they'll both get stuck on the concealing a death charge.

ETA: Is that Jenkins mugshot on AWC's post above mine? If so, look at the expression on her face!! Don't tell me I'm imagining it.

bbm

I was just wondering the same thing. It almost looks like the crazy you-know-what is smiling...

so they killed him sometime earlier in the week, dumped his body, that explains the car being "borrowed" prior to the disappearance date, and they piece together a story that puts mom out of the house.... which leads me to believe she was hands on. I really want to know when the last time bio dad spoke to him was.

Wonder what happened with the little girl that said she spoke to him that night? I can see DE's father not being sure if he saw Robert that day. Didn't the little girl say she spoke to Robert at the pool or play ground. Specifically at 7:30pm?

Mother and Boyfriend Arrested For Manwill Murder
Updated: Aug 18, 2009 09:36 PM EDT
<snipped>
Robert Manwill's mother and her boyfriend have been arrested in connection with his murder. Here is a copy of the statement made by Deputy Chief Jim Kerns:

"Robert... as we all know.. is the 8 year old boy first reported missing from his mothers apartment on Cherry Lane in Boise, Friday night July 24th.

Probably no other case in Boise history has touched so many people.

The turn out of volunteers to search for Robert was unprecedented in this community.

The law enforcement effort to find Robert was equally massive and unprecedented.

9,000 man hours were logged by Boise Police, agents with the FBI, Idaho Probation and Parole agents, and other local, state, and federal police agencies... between the time Robert went missing July 24th to the time he was found ten days later.

When Robert's body was found, Monday, August 3rd... just over two weeks ago...the case went from a missing child to a homicide investigation.

At that time... I sent a strong message on behalf of Boise Police and all those in this community who were touched by the tragic, untimely death of this little boy...

That justice would not be denied Robert Manwill.

And now I can announce... that late this afternoon...

Boise Police arrested Daniel Edward Ehrlick, age 36, of Boise on a charge of First Degree Murder for the death of 8 year old Robert Manwill.

Daniel Ehrlick lived with Robert and his mother Melissa at the time of Robert's death.

Daniel Ehrlick is also charged with Failing to Report a Death to Law Enforcement.

Also... this afternoon... Boise Police arrested Robert's mother, Melissa Scott Jenkins, age 30 of Boise for First Degree Murder, in the death of her son, Robert Manwill.

Melissa Jenkins was also charged as an accessory for failing to report her son's death to law enforcement.

Both Ehrlick and Jenkins were indicted on these charges today by an Ada County Grand Jury.

Both are now in police custody and being booked into the Ada County Jail...

Daniel Erhlick is being held on the murder charge without bond.

Melissa Jenkins is jailed on the murder charge with a bond amount of two- million dollars.

The arrests are a major step in the investigation... but the investigation into the death of Robert Manwill is still very much ongoing.

Detectives are asking anyone with any information on Robert ... or the suspects... Ehrlick and Jenkins... particularly their activities the week leading up to Robert's reported disappearance July 24th... is urged to contact Boise Police detectives through Crime Stoppers - 343-COPS."

Robert's mother and her boyfriend will appear in court Wednesday morning.

Article:
http://www.kivitv.com/Global/story.asp?S=10952524

Wonder what happened with the little girl that said she spoke to him that night? I can see DE's father not being sure if he saw Robert that day. Didn't the little girl say she spoke to Robert at the pool or play ground. Specifically at 7:30pm?
Yes she did! When was her statement given to LE? Could she have been mistaken about what night it was? :waitasec:

That was the story.
She is pretty young and tracking days and dates may not be her strong suit at that age. Especially if people are asking her "when did you last see him", "did you see robert on such and such evening", "did you talk to robert", their excitement level would go up if she said she saw and spoke to him literally an hour before he is never seen again (supposedly). I don't find it odd or suspicious. People are easily confused, eyewitness testimony is shaky at best, and everyone wants to be helpful to the case. moo

All these news articles are confusing me big time! So which is it ~ no bail or $2 million for Ehrlick??

Neighbors Long to Know About Robert Manwill Investigation
Posted: Aug 17, 2009 10:14 PM EDT
<snipped>
Boise, Idaho -- The body of 8-year-old Robert Manwill was found Aug. 3. And just a few weeks later, there's still nothing from Boise police as to a potential suspect in his murder.

Now some people in the neighborhood where the boy originally went missing are growing concerned.

"I think everyone's wondering what's going on with the investigation," said Megan Egbert.

Egbert lives just a few blocks away. She's hoping that soon there will be some news from police, if nothing else but for a little piece of mind.

"The not knowing what happened and especially being close to here and wanting to think our neighborhood is safe," said Egbert.

Others say they'd like to know, simply because of what they've already been through as neighbors. Many have been personally affected by the ongoing investigation.

"Yeah, it was kind of hard to deal with just because we kept having police come to our house. And like I said, we got searched twice, and the garage and everything. It was fine, we were willing to help and everything, so it was fine, but it was just kind of crazy for the last couple weeks," said Tana Loan, another neighbor.

But so far detectives are keeping anything they might know very close to the vest.

What they have said has been scant -- that Manwill was murdered, that it happened at the hands of someone he knew, and there were signs he was injured at his mother's apartment.

With nothing more to go on, the community is getting restless, and speculation is running wild.

"I think everybody has their ideas. There's a lot of speculation about the family environment -- previous charges," said Egbert.

"I think it should be dealt with the family and the police. And once they want to release a story, then they should," Loan added.

VIDEO: Manwill Investigation Update
http://www.fox12idaho.com/global/vi...ormat=flv&clipId1=4051225&at1=News&h1=Manwill Investigation Update&flvUri=

Article:
http://www.fox12idaho.com/global/story.asp?s=10945666
UPDATED: Robert Manwill's mother, her boyfriend arrested in his death
Updated 1 minute ago
<snipped>
Robert Manwill's mother and her boyfriend were arrested today in connection with the child's murder, Boise police announced this evening.

Deputy Chief Jim Kerns said Melissa Scott Jenkins, 30, and Daniel Edward Ehrlick, 36, are both charged with first degree murder.

Ehrlick also faces a charge of failing to report a death to law enforcement. Jenkins faces a charge of accessory to that crime.

Kerns did not discuss a time or cause of death.

Manwill, who lived with his father and attended school in New Plymouth, had been missing since July 24. His body was discovered in a Southwest Ada County canal Aug. 3.

Both Ehrlick and Jenkins were indicted on these charges today by an Ada County grand jury, Kerns said.

Ehrlick is being held on the murder charge without bond. Jenkins is jailed on the murder charge with a bond amount of $2 million.

Robert had last stayed with his mother and her boyfriend at an apartment near Vista Avenue on the Boise Bench.

The night he disappeared , the boy was visiting his mother, Melissa Scott Jenkins. The boy's father, Charles Manwill, has had custody of him since 2008.

Detectives ask that anyone with information on Robert or the suspects, particularly about their activities during the week leading up to the boy's disappearance, contact police through Crime Stoppers at 343-COPS.

The defendants will be arraigned at 9:30 a.m. Wednesday before 4th District Judge Deborah Bail.

"In the interest of a fair trial for those accused, we at Boise police now put Robert's case in the competent hands of the Ada County prosecutors," Kerns said.

Every law enforcement agency in the Treasure Valley, along with other Idaho agencies, the FBI and the National Center for Missing & Exploited Children assisted in the 10-day investigation of the boy's disappearance.

Thousands of community members also joined in the search for the boy, last seen at his family's apartment complex in Boise. The case garnered nationwide attention.

Kerns said local, state and federal agencies invested 9,000 man-hours in the search.

"Probably no other case in Boise history has touched so many people," Kerns said. "The turnout of volunteers to search for young Robert was unprecedented in this community."

Boise Mayor Dave Bieter commended the work of the law enforcement agencies involved.

"While the presumption of innocence must be maintained, I hope and have faith that justice will be served in this case and that our citizens &#8212; who have shown incredible compassion in the face of tragedy &#8212; can begin to mend from the loss of Robert Manwill," Bieter said in a prepared statement.

Article:
http://www.idahopress.com/?2009-08-18-Robert-Manwills-mother-her-boyfriend-arrested-in-his-death

Yes she did! When was her statement given to LE? Could she have been mistaken about what night it was? :waitasec:

I was reading back and then saw your post asking the same thing. I remember it being reported that she was sooo sure. A lot of us here had already considered Robert disappearing at an earlier date. We were also checking the time line to see when he was supposed to return to his father and that's what made them finally report him missing.

YESSSSS!!! Finally! And got the "mom", also! EXCELLENT!!

:woohoo:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member