GUILTY ID - Robert Manwill, 8, Boise, 24 July 2009 - #5

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel so bad for Robert's father....2 different wives have murdered 2 of his sons.

My heart & prayers go out to him & his family tonight.
May they find peace that the 2(3 counting his other x-wife) of them will never hurt another child ever again. This tells me that she was guilty of hurting her baby & I worry now what was it that they did to her little girl when she was with them too.

Prayers being sent to them all tonight.

We should all light a candle for Robert's family. His 1/2 sister, & 1/2 brothers.
I've already lite a green in honor of Robert's favorite color.

:angel:

I was reading back and then saw your post asking the same thing. I remember it being reported that she was sooo sure. A lot of us here had already considered Robert disappearing at an earlier date. We were also checking the time line to see when he was supposed to return to his father and that's what made them finally report him missing.
I too had my doubts and I remember the little girl's statement coming out after the news of his disappearance was already being discussed. It had originally sounded to me too like they had to come up with "something" before Robert's scheduled return to his dad. MOO

There is a death certificate for him. Birth and death certs 2005. It is sealed though and I cannot find any details. Definitely can see the log of both birth and death.

How long was he alive? I hope LE looks at that one as well.

UPDATED: Mother, boyfriend charged with murdering Robert Manwill
Story Created: Aug 18, 2009 at 6:55 PM MDT
Story Updated: Aug 18, 2009 at 7:42 PM MDT
<snipped>
Boise Police say the mother of Robert Manwill and her boyfriend have been charged with first degree murder.
Authorities made the announcement Thursday evening at a press conference with Treasure Valley media.

Melissa Jenkins, 30, and her boyfriend, Daniel Ehrlick, were indicted by an Ada County grand jury Tuesday with the murder charges of Robert Manwill. Ehrlick, 36, was also indicted for failing to report a death to law enforcement.

The 8-year-old boy was last seen outside the apartment where his mother lives in Boise on the night of Friday July 24. There's no evidence, police say, that Robert was abducted by a stranger.
His body was pulled from the New York Canal about 14 miles away Aug. 3. It was then when police say the case was now a murder investigation.

The Ada County Coroner's office said forensic dental information helped to positively identify the body found in the canal.

"Justice will not be denied for Robert," Jim Kerns, Boise Police deputy chief said earlier this month.

Ehrlick and Jenkins will be arraigned Wednesday morning at 9:30 before Judge Deborah Bail. Ehrlick and Jenkins are being held on a $2 million bond.

Prosecutors have 60 days to decide whether they will seek the death penalty.

Dave Bieter, Boise mayor, made the following statement:

"I commend the Boise Police Department for conducting a diligent, organized and thorough investigation that has successfully resulted in charges being filed against two individuals," Bieter said.

"While the presumption of innocence must be maintained, I hope and have faith that justice will be served in this case and that our citizens -- who have shown incredible compassion in the face of tragedy -- can begin to mend from the loss of Robert Manwill."

Melissa Jenkins, center, is seen crying at her son's funeral. Jenkins has been charged with murdering Robert.
090818_mother_crying.jpg

Robert Manwill
090727_Robert_Manwill.jpg

VIDEO: Mother, boyfriend charged with murdering Robert Manwill
The 8-year-old boy was last seen outside the apartment where his mother lives in Boise on the night of Friday July 24. There's no evidence, police say, that Robert was abducted by a stranger.
http://www.2news.tv/news/local/53619927.html?video=YHI&t=a

Article:
http://www.2news.tv/news/local/53619927.html

:angel:

I'm going to make a wild guess that Robert was suffering from abuse at the time of his death. Daniel was probably inflicting it at the time, but MJ is charged under the felony murder law for knowing and allowing and sometimes participating in the abuse. Daniel didn't report the death he directly caused and MJ was accessory because she knew of the death and didn't report it either.

I'm finding DA's with more frequency charging people with murder under the felony murder rule even though they didn't cause the death.

I'm going to make a wild guess that Robert was suffering from abuse at the time of his death. Daniel was probably inflicting it at the time, but MJ is charged under the felony murder law for knowing and allowing and sometimes participating in the abuse. Daniel didn't report the death he directly caused and MJ was accessory because she knew of the death and didn't report it either.

I'm finding DA's with more frequency charging people with murder under the felony murder rule even though they didn't cause the death.
I think you've probably guessed correctly! The abuse might just have been the killing itself though since he didn't live with them. MOO

I have to agree with you. It breaks my heart but these heartless people should never have had children in their care. I'm just sick.

As they should!!! The waste of man hours and taxpayer's money being secondary to the moral reasons!

I glad to see that Robert will get Justice,
My heart breaks for Robert's dad and Aunt Mom and their whole family.
RIP Robert ::::::::::(

[/B]

bbm

I was just wondering the same thing. It almost looks like the crazy you-know-what is smiling...

I think that's her mugshot from when she injured her younger child. I don't believe the new mugshots are out yet.

ETA: ^^^^^ Looks like Amanda got the new pretty pics of them. Grrrr! These are getting printed to give to my husband for target practice. Sorry if that offends anyone.

O/T: Isn't it just wonderful that on so many of these cases, these people have so many mugshots we can't tell which one is the current one? *sarcasm intended* :rolleyes:

Kyle Burrill said Tuesday he has been at work and doesn't know where Melissa is.

From an article a few pages back posted by Angel.... Interesting that he had no idea 2 hours before the announcement. What else might they know that they don't know?

You can really see Robert in her face in the mugshot picture.
Much moreso than the other pics shown of her.

Too bad she wiped out his precious face and just left her evil face in the world.

I hate her more. Crying at his funeral, like SHE was the victim. Accepting sympathy she didn't deserve. Makes me want to scream.

She was crying at the funeral cosoled by her mother while 3 children sat there in serious pain unconsoled. That struck me as heartless....why didn't someone have those babies in their arms? I hope they throw the book away on both of them.

So much happening tonight! Arrests finally! Justice is on its way, Robert--spread your wings and fly tonight!

I believe Justice will be served. May the family heal one day from Robert's death, and may Robert rest in peace.

A tip of my hat to LE and Boise. Prayers are with all involved tonight.

Amen! My thoughts exactly! Robert has captivated so many. My brown hair, brown eyed lil boy has been getting lots of extra hugs lately that in my heart are also sent up to Robert. Though I know he does not lack for any anymore.

Robert, they won't hurt anyone again. Thank you for guiding the way and for blessing the world with your presence. We wish we had been able to hug you and we wish your time here had been better. Today we hope you are playing, skipping and laughing.
I hear the swings are faster and higher in heaven. Lil man...fly high, fly fast and fly long :)

Oh, Noelle, This made me cry. :bowdown::blowkiss:

Anyone besides me thinking about mom's short and odd eulogy? IMO, she doesn't have a maternal bone in her body and that was the best she could come up with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dmccastor